Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2017, 01:04   #2551
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay.Hemmady View Post
In case the gravity of the car battery is down, is replacement the only option?
Short answer? Yes.

Once a battery cell (more specifically the electrolyte inside) starts losing its specific gravity, its charge-retention capacity tails off. Best to replace as it's impossible to gauge when the battery may die completely leaving one stranded.

Quote:
Also, is it a good idea to put an after market battery or better to go in for a genuine Battery from the Hyundai service Center ?
As long as you use a genuine brand, Amaron and Exide are the most popular ones, you can't go wrong. Ensure to use a battery of manufacturer specified rating (refer user manual for details).
Old 28th May 2017, 11:00   #2552
BHPian

Last servicing for my Verna Fluidic 2012 VTVT model was done on Nov 2016 at 28350kms. The service centre called up last week asking for confirmation of next​ servicing.

Is it recommend to get it serviced it after six months. The vehicle has done 33100 kms now. The performance is satisfactory.

Advice please.
Old 28th May 2017, 11:27   #2553
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
Last servicing for my Verna Fluidic 2012 VTVT model was done on Nov 2016 at 28350kms. The service centre called up last week asking for confirmation of next​ servicing.

Is it recommend to get it serviced it after six months. The vehicle has done 33100 kms now. The performance is satisfactory.

Advice please.

Doesn't the Verna have a 10k service interval ?

Stick to every 10k kms or one year. Surely not required at this point.

This looks like another SERVICE SCAM ALERT to lure gullible customers who don't track their service intervals and depend on the service station calls. It happened to me on my Elantra as well. Though the service interval is 10k or one year the service station will promptly call at the 6 month interval.
Some one like my father in law would say yes to such calls. That's what the service station is looking for. Frustrati

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 28th May 2017 at 11:30.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 16:59   #2554
BHPian

Any idea as to the cost of a fluidic Verna battery which has a decent warranty as well
Old 14th June 2017, 18:01   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea as to the cost of a fluidic Verna battery which has a decent warranty as well
You can try batterybhai.com. My friend recently tried on my recommendation and he was completely satisfied with the service.
Old 16th June 2017, 11:18   #2556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
You can try batterybhai.com. My friend recently tried on my recommendation and he was completely satisfied with the service.

Just changed the battery on my 2.5yr old Verna diesel run 75,000 kms. Amaron Flo 68Ah costed 6.6k INR.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 16:09   #2557
BHPian

Guys, I'm planning to buy a used Verna AT. I'm getting a 2014 SX AT diesel and a 2016 S Petrol AT, both at around 8 Lakhs. Any suggestions on which I should chose from?
  • I'm a little skeptic about the latter as it is only 9 month old and has run only 3700 kms. The seller says he's selling because he needs money for some property purchase. Somehow I think there could be something fishy here.
  • I also think that this still is better buy than the 2014 model, given that its still under warranty and newer face lifted variant too.
  • On the other hand, 2014 model (with 21k on the odo) is the SX diesel model with better features.
Advise please.

Fun Fact: 2014 SX AT diesel has a Team BHP sticker on it

Last edited by meetgds : 9th August 2017 at 16:19. Reason: Just realized
Old 9th August 2017, 16:51   #2558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Guys, I'm planning to buy a used Verna AT. I'm getting a 2014 SX AT diesel and a 2016 S Petrol AT, both at around 8 Lakhs. Any suggestions on which I should chose from?

How much has the diesel run? What's the condition of the car? The diesel is the better engine between the two. The petrol has hardly run, so it's as good as new. The gear box is the only fly in the ointment here. Hard to call this, honestly I wouldn't buy either because of the 4 speed auto. If you are taking a loan,expect higher interest rates for the pre owned cars, Do the math and check if you could go for a new car at 8% interest and then decide.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 17:04   #2559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post

Advice please.
Verna's manufactured before Aug 2012 are services at 5k km while those after than date are serviced at 10k km.
If the car is not within warranty, you are free to follow the 10k/yearly cycle. But for peace of mind, its better to know the reason before going ahead.
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 23:02   #2560
BHPian

Came across a weird issue on my way to Pune. While driving through the jam packed ghats before Khandala, I felt the car's clutch getting stuck towards the end. There even came a point where I almost let go of the clutch but the car never moved forward and I could just hear the engine rev. Some more trying to pick up the car in first gear and the clutch wouldn't even press down all the way! Tried a couple more times, heard a slight thump sound and clutch started working fine. As scary as this was for me (given the fact I was travelling at 12:30 am on the expressway) it has really got me wondering about the clutch assembly as my car is almost four years old but has done hardly 21kms so far.

Any similar experiences encountered? If so, what have the resolutions been?
Old 17th August 2017, 14:05   #2561
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I got myself a used 2014 Verna SX(O) Automatic (Petrol) 2 days back. It sure is an amazing ride and I'm glad I went for this!
So far I've driven about 100kms and I'm seeing instantaneous FE of around 10kmpl. Does it get any better in city?
meetgds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 20:05   #2562
BHPian

Can anyone share their experience of fitting Rogerab (Thermoplastic Urethane Buffer) in the car suspension ?
How is the ride quality and does it makes sense to opt for it ?
Does the ride become too stiff ?
I have a 2014 model Hyundai Verna SX (post improved springs) and I am noticing quite a lot of vertical movements due to softer suspension on undulations on roads and on speed breakers and pot holes.
Can it also be because of my driving pattern below 40 KM/Hr on city roads ?

I usually take Uber to office and Toyota Etios seem to be having much more better shock absorbers as I do not feel so much of vertical movement

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Old 18th August 2017, 21:53   #2563
BHPian

Quote:
Came across a weird issue on my way to Pune. While driving through the jam packed ghats before Khandala, I felt the car's clutch getting stuck towards the end. There even came a point where I almost let go of the clutch but the car never moved forward and I could just hear the engine rev. Some more trying to pick up the car in first gear and the clutch wouldn't even press down all the way! Tried a couple more times, heard a slight thump sound and clutch started working fine. As scary as this was for me (given the fact I was travelling at 12:30 am on the expressway) it has really got me wondering about the clutch assembly as my car is almost four years old but has done hardly 21kms so far.

Any similar experiences encountered? If so, what have the resolutions been?
@Akshay,

It's of course scary for such a thing to happen at the dead of the night but did you show to anyone after coming back? Least you could've done is to open the bonnet & see what's happened inside. Probably something must have got stuck, wood or stone in between the clutch gear combo & hence the clutch couldn't get pressed fully. It got loose & probably fell aside & it was alright again. This is my reckoning.
Nothing would happen to the clutch of Verna at 21k unless of course in the case of a very very rough riding that in my opinion couldn't be the fact.
Better still, just to be on the safer side, show it to the service guy for any visible damage to the clutch assembly.
Here's to safe riding !

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I got myself a used 2014 Verna SX(O) Automatic (Petrol) 2 days back. It sure is an amazing ride and I'm glad I went for this!
So far I've driven about 100kms and I'm seeing instantaneous FE of around 10kmpl. Does it get any better in city?
Hyundai sorted the bottom scratching characteristics of the Verna only in the 2015 4S models, one that i drive. Prior to this, that aspect was the most contentious issue leading to the fall in the market share of the Verna. That was the only drawback.
Otherwise this car is a peach of a car to drive; no two ways about it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Can anyone share their experience of fitting Rogerab (Thermoplastic Urethane Buffer) in the car suspension ?
How is the ride quality and does it makes sense to opt for it ?
Does the ride become too stiff ?
I have a 2014 model Hyundai Verna SX (post improved springs) and I am noticing quite a lot of vertical movements due to softer suspension on undulations on roads and on speed breakers and pot holes.
Can it also be because of my driving pattern below 40 KM/Hr on city roads ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
No amount of suspension reinforcement would set the undulating effect right imho.
Hyundai tried to instill a gliding effect into the ride that did a whole lot worse for the suspension. It became soft & belly scratching at the slightest opportunity & earned a bad name for itself.
It has nothing to do with your driving pattern.
Nagesh Bhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 23:08   #2564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagesh Bhatt View Post
@Akshay,

It's of course scary for such a thing to happen at the dead of the night but did you show to anyone after coming back? Least you could've done is to open the bonnet & see what's happened inside. Probably something must have got stuck, wood or stone in between the clutch gear combo & hence the clutch couldn't get pressed fully. It got loose & probably fell aside & it was alright again. This is my reckoning.
Nothing would happen to the clutch of Verna at 21k unless of course in the case of a very very rough riding that in my opinion couldn't be the fact.
Better still, just to be on the safer side, show it to the service guy for any visible damage to the clutch assembly.
Here's to safe riding !
Hey Nagesh, cheers for pointing it out, hopefully it should have been a stone or piece of wood that had got stuck and fell on pressing the clutch a couple of times as I am a very careful driver who takes the car through bumps ultra slow! I did show it to a mechanic however he checked the clutch play and said it was fine. Furthermore, he told me he can't diagnose a problem unless something is wrong which can be felt or visible. Then again I don't want to take it to Hyundai as my car has just come out of extended warranty and given the usual traits of service centers, I might get advised to change the whole assembly

I would love to see under the bonnet for anything unusual, however I am a bit of a newbie and wouldn't really know how the clutch looks like. Saying that I am quite intrigued now and google will be my guide
Old 19th August 2017, 19:43   #2565
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Congrats on your new ride glad you are happy with it 10 kmpl is the average ballpark you can expect in the city.
spookey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks