Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 12:56   #136
BHPian

re: Tata Manza:: The Story Continues:: 20,000 kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
^^ I had the same issue with the blue tooth mic. The problem was traced to the cable mic which had got cut. The cable runs from behind the HU through the front left a-pillar to the mic which is placed behind the IRVM.

For the pairing, did you try a master reset of the HU and repairing again?
Thanks Sridhar. I deduced the same issue...cable mic cut....however, Concorde-Mysore Road were not keen on doing necessary repairs because of warranty aspects.

Did ask them how to do a master reset, but they did not know. Logically, it is the first option that I wanted to try, however the manual does not seem to have such a facility. Any ideas???
Old 20th December 2011, 16:24   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariwar View Post
Thanks Sridhar. I deduced the same issue...cable mic cut....however, Concorde-Mysore Road were not keen on doing necessary repairs because of warranty aspects.

Did ask them how to do a master reset, but they did not know. Logically, it is the first option that I wanted to try, however the manual does not seem to have such a facility. Any ideas???
For me, VST technician was able to trace the problem within no time. It is surprising that an authorized service center does not want to look at cabling. Do they expect a Blau technician to check it?

The master reset option is there in the HU itself. There is an option called Norm in one of the sub menus. You need to select ok on that option for 4 or more seconds and the HU will reset. It will loose all the tuning and the sound settings though.

Will post the exact sequence once I reach home.

On the topic of issues with the VGT , I found two Manzas in TASS for VGT issues recently. Similar issue was reported by Amit Singla in his long term ownership report. He has given an account of how it was resolved

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2555416
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 19:20   #138
BHPian

Folks, this is off-topic, but i do not have the user manual for our manza's audio system. the only manual available online is the car manual, but not the audio system manual. hence seeking help here.

Need a basic help, want to manually tune the radio for specific stations and save them as presets. how do i do this? Am probably missing something very obvious, but i have not managed to tune to FM stations manually
Old 21st December 2011, 10:01   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Need a basic help, want to manually tune the radio for specific stations and save them as presets. how do i do this? Am probably missing something very obvious, but i have not managed to tune to FM stations manually
You just need to seek to the specific station and then while it's playing, keep the desired number key pressed for like 2-3 seconds and the desired station is preset to that number key. Next time, just pressing that key will take you tot that station. I think you can set 9 stations that way (may be 10, but I have not tried if it works with 0). Hope this helps.
Old 21st December 2011, 10:20   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
You just need to seek to the specific station and then while it's playing, keep the desired number key pressed for like 2-3 seconds and the desired station is preset to that number key. Next time, just pressing that key will take you tot that station. I think you can set 9 stations that way (may be 10, but I have not tried if it works with 0). Hope this helps.
Hey Amit was going through your thread so you also had power delivery issue with your car? This was fixed after diagnosis from the Turbo company. Could you elaborate a little on the exact issue that you had faced?

I dont have power delivery issues but major jerk issues at around the time when the Turbo opens completely at around 2800rpm. Prerana TASS has attributed to the way the accelerator is used and said that its not an issue. But i plan to change the TASS to Concorde and see for the 3rd Service.
Old 21st December 2011, 11:19   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hey Amit was going through your thread so you also had power delivery issue with your car? This was fixed after diagnosis from the Turbo company. Could you elaborate a little on the exact issue that you had faced?

I dont have power delivery issues but major jerk issues at around the time when the Turbo opens completely at around 2800rpm. Prerana TASS has attributed to the way the accelerator is used and said that its not an issue. But i plan to change the TASS to Concorde and see for the 3rd Service.
Hi, I have replied to your's and pariwar's question in post below. Hope this helps. Is your issue like if you are in 3rd gear and keep the accelerator pressed and car is accelerating in a linear manner from 2000 to 3000 rpm you feel a jerk at around 2800 rpm w/o any other input from your side (like not touching clutch etc, just keeping the acceleraor pressed)? If so, I think there is an issue and I have not heard anything like this before.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2617499
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 12:29   #142
BHPian

@Pariwar: The mechanic who serviced my Manza recently mentioned that Dairy Circle Concorde has the best of the equipments and technician while it is not the same with the Mysore road service center. Did you take the car to the Dairy circle for a diagnosis?
Old 21st December 2011, 13:37   #143
BHPian

Quote:
@Pariwar: The mechanic who serviced my Manza recently mentioned that Dairy Circle Concorde has the best of the equipments and technician while it is not the same with the Mysore road service center. Did you take the car to the Dairy circle for a diagnosis?
A good idea indeed, did not think about that option. Let's see if the problem occurs after the tightening activities that Concorde Mysore Road undertook, will know better when I take the car on a longer drive in a few days time.
Old 21st December 2011, 19:34   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Hi, I have replied to your's and pariwar's question in post below. Hope this helps. Is your issue like if you are in 3rd gear and keep the accelerator pressed and car is accelerating in a linear manner from 2000 to 3000 rpm you feel a jerk at around 2800 rpm w/o any other input from your side (like not touching clutch etc, just keeping the acceleraor pressed)? If so, I think there is an issue and I have not heard anything like this before.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2617499
yeah that's the exact same issue, the folks at Prerana ran some engine diagnostic software but everything was normal. I don't see any malfunction light but the issue is there in any gear more evident when engine is cold.

edit: just spoke to the service manager at Prerana, they have agreed once again to check on the car for 2 days, also give a temp vehicle for my use. Lets hope they are able to find something.

Last edited by motomaverick : 21st December 2011 at 19:42.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:06   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah that's the exact same issue, the folks at Prerana ran some engine diagnostic software but everything was normal. I don't see any malfunction light but the issue is there in any gear more evident when engine is cold.

edit: just spoke to the service manager at Prerana, they have agreed once again to check on the car for 2 days, also give a temp vehicle for my use. Lets hope they are able to find something.
Yesterday evening gave the car for inspection, also informed the TASS to check with Turbo Energy which has a service center in Bangalore for any issues with turbo. Was given a loaner vehicle in the meantime for my daily commute.

Further, I was going through the Owners Manual today to find out exactly the head lamp make. Found that its H7 but i noticed a funny information presented in the pic below. The tech writer who wrote this manual has got his funda's all wrong. The #2 is the lower beam, while #3 is the high beam and the 2011 cars has the parking lamp inside the high beam.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-manzalamps.jpg  

motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 13:57   #146
BHPian

Quote:
The master reset option is there in the HU itself. There is an option called Norm in one of the sub menus. You need to select ok on that option for 4 or more seconds and the HU will reset. It will loose all the tuning and the sound settings though.

Will post the exact sequence once I reach home.
Apologies for the delay. The NORM option is available in SYST sub menu i.e. where BT pairing, adjust on volume, illumination etc. are listed

Press menu, in the 4 way selector, press " < ", then scroll down and you will find the norm, which is the master reset of the HU
Old 27th December 2011, 15:14   #147
BHPian

Have you received the Car Back? ...What is the diagnosis.. As said by Sridhak K, Concord has some of the good Mechanics and equipments . I am going to Concord tomorrow for Master Health Check-up at 50K.
Old 29th December 2011, 09:34   #148
Senior - BHPian

Got the car back day before yesterday. So whats the news? The car seems to be driving fine now, there is no jerk observed at any point of time. I have driven the car for 50kms since i got it and the issue has not cropped up (Fingers are crossed) Have a long drive coming up this coming & the next weekend so that will effectively let me test the vehicle over long open highways.

So what was done let me pen down the things that happened over the course of 3 days the car was there in the workshop.

1. Prerana's first step was to check the turbo and they quoted that they had involved Turbo Energy technicians (The company which actually manufactures the turbo) as well and they certified that turbo was working just fine
2. Next the fuel lines and electricals were checked, this was also fine
3. It seems they also consulted with other dealers, i am guessing Concorde and was advised to replace the EGR valve (Exhaust Gas Recirculation)

Quote:
In internal combustion engines, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) is a nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions reduction technique used in petrol/gasoline and diesel engines. EGR works by recirculating a portion of an engine's exhaust gas back to the engine cylinders. In a diesel engine, the exhaust gas replaces some of the excess oxygen in the pre-combustion mixture.[1]Because NOx forms primarily when a mixture of nitrogen and oxygen is subjected to high temperature, the lower combustion chamber temperatures caused by EGR reduces the amount of NOx the combustion generates. [2]. Most modern engines now require exhaust gas recirculation to meet emissions standards.
4. After the EGR change, the problem seems to have disappeared, so the diagnosis was the EGR valve which may have been corrupted.

Yes, even a lot of people have recommended me Concorde so the next service will be there only. Hopefully the problem is solved permanently.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 19:42   #149
Senior - BHPian

Todays drive down to Mysore was thankfully without the dreaded jerkiness and the car was pretty smooth and felt quite good. Lets see how it behaves tmw during the drive back.

Sad thing Happened
2 days prior to today one moped wala dropped this moped and the helmet almost on the car, he was parking and thought the stand was proper but alas there is a long scratch mark on the bumpers rear left side. The ugly mark is not big so i am hoping it can be removed with buffing.
Old 2nd January 2012, 08:56   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Todays drive down to Mysore was thankfully without the dreaded jerkiness and the car was pretty smooth and felt quite good. Lets see how it behaves tmw during the drive back.
Pheeew!! Just came back last night and i think i can safely say that the problem is behind me as i didnt face it in this short trip to Mysore and back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks