Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2014, 14:58   #1696
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
The seat covers tend to rub against each other and tend to cause 'keech keech' sound.
Take a generous amount of leather conditioned and rub it on the contact area. After about 3 minutes, wipe it off with a cloth. The sound will disappear hopefully.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 12:22   #1697
Senior - BHPian

How many owners have experienced bodyroll in your ertiga ?

I feel ertiga has really soft suspension so while maneuvering over speed breakers at an angle or one side going over pothole there is that horizontal motion which is awkward for especially middle row passengers

Its no way close to some of mahindra xylo Scorpio etc. But no where close to sedans

Just wanted to check if I am too sensitive or this is common in ertiga ?
Old 1st May 2014, 12:38   #1698
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

I feel ertiga has really soft suspension so while maneuvering over speed breakers at an angle or one side going over pothole there is that horizontal motion which is awkward for especially middle row passengers?
Since the Ertiga stands to made on the same platform as the new Swift, body roll should be in check and I am confident as I take sweeping turns at the same speed that I take in my Swift. I am not comparing it to the likes of WagonR, Scorpio or Xylo.

May be your sensitive or I am not having any sensitivity.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st May 2014 at 12:51.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 12:44   #1699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I daily take my Ertiga out of the office parking and there is a Speedbreaker at a place in the basement where you need to take the front two wheels and soon after this twist the steering left. By doing this, the rear wheels take on the same speedbreaker one at a time due to the angle of the car and yes, it does shake me sitting on the drivers seat. But isn't that something very normal??

With passengers on all 4/5 seats, the roll is more as the weight due to passengers causes this rocking.

However, I used to take the same in my WagonR also and the feeling was not much different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Some The Ertiga stands to made on the same platform as b the new Swift, body roll should be in check and I am confident as I take sweeping turns at the same speed that I take in my Swift. I am not comparing it to the likes of WagonR, Scorpio or Xylo.

May be your sensitive or I am not having any sensitivity.

Anurag.
I am sure Rajesh is referring to the Body roll (Rather rocking) when taking on speedbreakers at an angle and not the Body roll when taking on curves at higher speeds.

Last edited by paragsachania : 1st May 2014 at 12:45.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 12:58   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I daily take my Ertiga out of the office parking and there is a Speedbreaker at a place in the basement where you need to take the front two wheels and soon after this twist the steering left. By doing this, the rear wheels take on the same speedbreaker one at a time due to the angle of the car and yes, it does shake me sitting on the drivers seat. But isn't that something very normal??

With passengers on all 4/5 seats, the roll is more as the weight due to passengers causes this rocking.

However, I used to take the same in my WagonR also and the feeling was not much different.

I am sure Rajesh is referring to the Body roll (Rather rocking) when taking on speedbreakers at an angle and not the Body roll when taking on curves at higher speeds.
Thanks guys, Yes i am refering to the sideways swaying motion ( or boat like motion when people are getting on/off the boat and you are sitting in it)
This has nothing to do with highspeed cornering. MUV is definitely different from a sedan while cornering isnt it. Infact i found Ertiga to be pretty composed on highways. This is only observed in low speeds in city driving

Typically if i take the car straight over a speed breaker, its vertical movement and that is not an issue, but when say left wheel and right wheels go at different interval, then the side movement happens and due to the soft suspension, longer wheelbase(?) and the ground clearance compared to say Swift makes it prominent by bouncing few times.

I did not feel similar sideways motion in my old Swift because it always had a stiff suspension and may be smaller wheelbase too.

Just trying to improvise and minimize this discomfort to passengers.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 1st May 2014 at 12:59.
Old 1st May 2014, 12:58   #1701
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
it does shake me sitting on the drivers seat. But isn't that something very normal?

The rocking behaviour is not body roll I guess as the term body roll is only used when taking curves at high speed. I am not sure what that rocking motion is called.

I guess I am getting confused here. Sorry.

Quote:
Typically if i take the car straight over a speed breaker, its vertical movement and that is not an issue, but when say left wheel and right wheels go at different interval, then the side movement happens
I haven't experienced this yet but I guess it happens when brakes are also used while crossing the speed breakers causing the rocking motion you say but if it just gliding at slow speed and you are experiencing the swaying then keep an eye on the suspension.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st May 2014 at 13:05.
Old 1st May 2014, 13:09   #1702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The rocking behaviour is not body roll I guess as the term body roll is only used when taking curves at high speed. I am not sure what that rocking motion is called.
Hence, I went by the description of Rajesh's post and understood it right than the definition.

What he refers as Body roll here is nothing but the rocking motion passengers experience inside when taking on speedbreakers at an angle when the car sways Left-right.
Old 1st May 2014, 20:10   #1703
BHPian

A recent drive to Pune was enough to dispel all the wrong notions I had with the Petrol engine. I had posted a few pages back about the K series engine not being peppy, but this drive changed it all. I had my apprehensions because the engine was rather new or maybe I was expecting too much. Now a few more kilometers under the car's belt, the engine has opened up nicely. 80-120kmph cruising on the highways is a bliss. Unintentional wheelspins in first gear are aplenty. Shifting to second gear from first at 4-5k rpm produces wheelspin. I reckon the K series petrol feels alive and is quite a.likeable ruffian compared to the stolid behavior of the diesel mill. With the VVT on board, fuel efficiency is rather good too, around 16 kmpl on highways with the console displaying 17 kmpl.
sarcastichouse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 02:32   #1704

Is there any case of recall for Ertiga on the fuel tank neck issue? I checked with my dealer however they responded that they are yet to get the official intimation from Maruti on the same. They also assured that they would be approaching the owners on a one on one basis if need be. Just curious to know anyone received any intimation on this issue.
Old 2nd May 2014, 05:24   #1705
BHPian

Don't know what it is ? Mobilio effect or something brewing for Ertiga. I am interested in petrol Ertiga (vxi). I have deferred my purchase decision as launch of Honda Mobilo is just around corner.

I am talking to a local dealer in Delhi for a month regarding Ertiga and due to paucity if time I haven't been able to fix test drive. Today this guy called me up to inform that discount and exchange bonus has gone up by 10 k each for May. From 20k cash discount and 20k exchange bonus it's now 30k each. Either is purely mobilio effect, maruti knows honda will price it at least 25k above ertiga and by increasing discounts/ exchange bonus, maruti will increase price gap and retain customers. Unless Ertiga facelift is around corner and maruti is clearing stocks.

Competition is good
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:41   #1706
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastichouse View Post
I reckon the K series petrol feels alive and is quite a.likeable ruffian compared to the stolid behavior of the diesel mill. With the VVT on board, fuel efficiency is rather good too, around 16 kmpl on highways with the console displaying 17 kmpl.
The K-Series VVT is a rockstar in Ritz, Swift and Ertiga. I have heard a lot of praises from fellow BHPians, media and a few owners I know. Driveability, FE are not compromised at all and a driver can have fun and not loose out on FE.

Good that your apprehension's are out and are enjoying the Ertiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.basak View Post
Is there any case of recall for Ertiga on the fuel tank neck issue?
My dad owns a Ertiga ZDi and has got a call for this recall as the MFD is December'13. But I don't think replacement has started as my Swift ZDi is awaiting this replacement as the MASS we visit was falling short of parts needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneOp View Post

Either is purely mobilio effect, maruti knows honda will price it at least 25k above ertiga and by increasing discounts/ exchange bonus, maruti will increase price gap and retain customers. Unless Ertiga facelift is around corner and maruti is clearing stocks.
Pure Mobilio effect this is!

No upgrade or facelift is in pipeline and this is only to retain customers with themselves aka with Maruti and NOT lwt them slip to Honda. They are trying to protect their sales numbers and preventing customers from getting out of hand.

I urge you to wait till the launch and then decide for Mobilio or Ertiga.

Anurag.
Old 3rd May 2014, 22:25   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
The K-Series VVT is a rockstar in Ritz, Swift and Ertiga. I have heard a lot of praises from fellow BHPians, media and a few owners I know. Driveability, FE are not compromised at all and a driver can have fun and not loose out on FE.

Good that your apprehension's are out and are enjoying the Ertiga.

Anurag.
Yeah, feel quite glad to have gone for the petrol engine!
Old 5th May 2014, 16:54   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
I have completed roughly 15000kms in my Ertiga now.
I am having some difficulty with slotting in to reverse gear. Sometimes it gets resolved if I put it into 1st gear and then come back to reverse. Sometimes it gets really stuck. The only way is to move the car a little bit forward and then try again. I asked MASS about this but the SA could not give me a satisfactory reply. Some blah blah that engaging reverse gear is by design made difficult on maruti vehicles !! SA didn't have a clue about what he is talking. Anybody has this kind of problem ? What was the solution you arrived at ?
Also I find some minor sound from steering column but is not there always. Mostly I find it when maneuvering to park it inside my portico. May be I am able to hear the sound because of the quiet environment here. Don't know what to do since it is of transient nature. Not worried too much about this sound though since I used my FIAT Palio for many years with minor sounds from steering column. In that case also the service advisors did not have a clue!
Other than these minor issues, the vehicle is excellent. Recently I had traveled to HYD and back and it was a joy driving the vehicle.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.
I was facing the same problem with my nov'13 mfd Ertiga vdi. After mentioning the issue to MASS( competent automobiles, mehrauli, new delhi), the quick reply was it will smooth en with kms clocking up. But after reading your post , I told the service guy that people are facing this problem even after 15k kms. After which he called his senior and what he told me resolved the problem. He said this gear shifting problem will remain long. The best way to shift into reverse is to slightly (very slightly) remove your foot from the clutch pedal and when the reverse is in its slot, fully depress the clutch pedal. This way you will never have the problem of reverse gear shifting. Hope this helps.
Old 6th May 2014, 17:33   #1709
BHPian

Even my petrol Ertiga faces the issue of difficult reverse gear slotting. I have to accelerate a bit and disengage and re engage the clutch a bit while trying to slot in the reverse.

My 2000model WagonR also faces the same issue.
Old 6th May 2014, 21:25   #1710
BHPian

If you are having problems slotting in reverse gear , just slot into 1st gear and then the reverse engages easily .

Last time the SA mentioned something about the 1st and the reverse being synchronized and it helps slotting in the first gear when you have difficulty slotting in reverse gear .
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks