Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 10:38   #301
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishul View Post
In any case we were informed of the allotment few days ago which came as quite a surprise. So I would suggest to wait it out and I would guess the wait depends on the color too. White ZDI may require more waiting (and not White VDI) but that is just my hunch though. I do know we were one of the earliest to book ZDI at Pratham in HSR so that helps too. If we had booked at Pratham in ORR then I am told the wait would have been longer. I would also venture a guess that Maruti could start prioritizing ZDI soon given the number of bookings (quite different from Swift and Dzire where VDI dominates) and the ZDI wait times should reduce.
Trishul Congratulations on the allotment.

I spoke to the sales guy again today, and he is not even committing to a date. Earlier he was saying 2 months or 3 months. Now he just kept saying this vehicle has 9 months waiting time and refuses to give a patient hearing when I speak about priority of the booking. This kind of attitude from the sales guys is just appalling!

I asked him if any particular color may be available earlier and I am willing to change my color choice. Any other suggestions, what should I do ?
Old 4th June 2012, 14:10   #302

Dear BHPians,

Been following the thread for a while and like a lot of you had questions/apprehensions about the Ertiga. Buying decision looming large (keeping the budget in mind) I started to look for the ideal vehicle to provide the comfort, economy, driving comfort/pleasure (not necessarily in that order) as a daily driver and serve as family hauler ever so often primarily in the city and one off to get out of town. so TD/evaluation began with the following scorpio, rapid, vento, xylo, linea, sunny et all, no Innova cause way outta my budget, was not even considering the Ertiga until I went through the Autocar article one night and was TDing the thing the next morning and lo and behold to my surprise they (Autocar) were pretty much on the money. So a lot of thinking and contemplating the little 1.3 engine (but isn't it a little dynamo of a thing), the AC performance etc playing on my mind went ahead and booked the ZDI only to be informed about the waiting increasing by the day, so a liitle bit of diging for info has yielded that the ZDI isn't in production as we speak because of certain components that are imported are stalled and hence you have the dealers pushing the VDI. Hope it is only temporary!
Old 5th June 2012, 17:12   #303
BHPian

ZDI waiting period now 9 months??

Alloy wheel shortage delays top-end Ertiga - News - Autocar India
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 18:06   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
ZDI waiting period now 9 months??
Yes, upto 9 months. We got a letter from MSIL by registered post confirming that the delivery may take upto 9 months for Zdi version.
Old 5th June 2012, 18:16   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Yes, upto 9 months. We got a letter from MSIL by registered post confirming that the delivery may take upto 9 months for Zdi version.
When did you book the vehicle?
Old 6th June 2012, 17:54   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Please continue the discussion on delays in Ertiga (and other car) deliveries in this new thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-cars-why.html
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 18:19   #307
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to the Ertiga, spotted my second Ertiga on the roads (1st one in Chennai) - this was a brown Ertiga spotted today around 10:15AM on the crowded Choolaimedu high-road. Funny thing was the car was debadged at the rear - no badge except the stylised-S Suzuki logo - no indication of petrol/diesel or L/V/Z. Was intrigued to spot a new car debadged. The 3rd row seats were up and only the driver/owner was in the car, presumably driving to work.

A query for anyone who went into the details : Is the Ertiga only as wide as the Swift/Ritz or was the width also increased (even if just a wee bit) ?
Asking because when seen in isolation, the Ertiga looks wider than the Swift/Ritz and if so that should mean better seating for 3 in the 2nd row, compared to the latter.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 6th June 2012 at 18:28. Reason: Added a query on width.
Old 6th June 2012, 21:56   #308
BHPian

Wife and I went on a test drive of the Ertiga a few days ago and we were mighty impressed. Both of us liked the car for its available space/seating combinations. In fact, we have almost decided that our next car will either be an Ertiga or a Jazz, which also excels in space management.

Now, what I find unusual is that Maruti has not provided a second row AC in the LXI/LDI variants. Given the nature/design of the car, Maruti should have provided a second row AC across ALL variants. In the present situation, the third-row passengers will get baked if they have to rely on the AC situated in the far-flung dashboard.

I can understand removing the power windows, electric mirrors , etc on a LXI/LDI, but why sell a 7-seater car with an AC meant for five? Should a second-row AC have been a standard fitment even on LXI/LDI variants?

Incidentally, Honda does not have such blatant discrimination with the Jazz: even the basic variant of the Jazz has most of the essential features in comparison to its higher-priced variants. Why can't Maruti do something similar?

Is there any possibility to get Maruti to install a second-row AC as an accessory on the LXI/LDI? I read somewhere in this forum that Maruti has been installing ACs on seven-seater (non-AC) variants of Eeco. Hence, my query.

Also, I suspect that Maruti may eventually come with a 5-seater Ertiga at a cheaper price to attract an even larger segment of 5-seater buyers who want awesome boot space. Something similar to what they had done with the erstwhile Versa, when they launch a cheaper 5-seater variant.

Last edited by misquitas : 6th June 2012 at 22:14.
Old 6th June 2012, 22:38   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Coming back to the Ertiga, spotted my second Ertiga on the roads (1st one in Chennai) - this was a brown Ertiga spotted today around 10:15AM on the crowded Choolaimedu high-road. Funny thing was the car was debadged at the rear - no badge except the stylised-S Suzuki logo - no indication of petrol/diesel or L/V/Z. Was intrigued to spot a new car debadged. The 3rd row seats were up and only the driver/owner was in the car, presumably driving to work.
Probably it's my brother's car. He's too a T-Bhpian- deepanonline.
It's a Vdi, as Zdi takes time to delivery we opted for Vdi .
Almost he has spent 1 lakh for upgrade.
Lenso Alloys with Continental CPC 2 195/60/15 tyres.
Reverse Sensor with Camera.
Entire Speakers are changed to Focal/Polk.
overhead DVD player.
Pro/Blaupunkt 70% Sunfilms all around.
He might be writing his review soon.
Old 6th June 2012, 22:47   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

A query for anyone who went into the details : Is the Ertiga only as wide as the Swift/Ritz or was the width also increased (even if just a wee bit) ?
Asking because when seen in isolation, the Ertiga looks wider than the Swift/Ritz and if so that should mean better seating for 3 in the 2nd row, compared to the latter.

yes, it was me who was rushing through choolaimedu side roads to reach loyola subway. without the badges ertiga looks little wider. removed every badge othen than front and back logo. had also s sticker in lenzo alloys.its Vdi, have done quiet a lot mods. will put a detailed review soon.
Old 6th June 2012, 23:10   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Also, I suspect that Maruti may eventually come with a 5-seater Ertiga at a cheaper price to attract an even larger segment of 5-seater buyers who want awesome boot space. Something similar to what they had done with the erstwhile Versa, when they launch a cheaper 5-seater variant.
I think a six seater variant, all buckets, would be another excellent option. This would provide an aisle inside to facilitate ingress, egress through the rear door too.
Old 6th June 2012, 23:12   #312
Senior - BHPian

Ha, so it was a tbhp-ian,s car that I spotted. Btw congrats for the car. Nice car. I was behind you at the signal before the subway, so saw only the rear - missed the alloys and mods.
Old 8th June 2012, 12:22   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Ha, so it was a tbhp-ian,s car that I spotted. Btw congrats for the car. Nice car. I was behind you at the signal before the subway, so saw only the rear - missed the alloys and mods.
Thanks Boss. this was for my wife as she will be driving through chennai roads going forward. i am always with my Cedia!
Old 8th June 2012, 18:21   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Well, even if the usage of third row is occasional, how practical is the Ertiga?
==============
That is why I feel, the petrol Ertiga makes more sense.
Petrol Ertiga in no close to Petrol Innova. This review has not covered comparison between Petrol models. Only plus in Ertiga could be the Fuel Efficiency (May be @ 2 km/l at the most) I have got 13.8 with 8 people on board and more than 100% AC.

Innova Petrol no comparison ! the real unbeatable.

Innova petrol is 136 BHP not 130 as mention in this review. My Innova Petrol has covered @ 115000 kms. even today with all 8 passengers on board and with AC I never notice AC Compressor engaging or disengaging. I drove it in konkan ghats with AC on and there is absolutely no stress on the engine at all. It has got nice top speed of 180 Km/h. Only thing missing in this CAR is a 6th Gear. Great Engine by Toyota and VVTi is real beauty !

Last edited by noopster : 9th June 2012 at 09:54. Reason: Please avoid putting-up consecutive posts. use the 'Edit' and 'Multi-Quote' functions henceforth. Thanks :)
Old 9th June 2012, 09:31   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Thanks Boss. this was for my wife as she will be driving through chennai roads going forward. i am always with my Cedia!
Deepan please post the review asap

dealer quoted, that "my"(!?!?) serene blue vdi is in transit. and he should be able to deliver the car in 7-10 days max. I had initially booked a RB zdi. But changed the preference, as the dealer was non-committal on zdi.

here are the things planned...

full surfacing of pvc material flooring. seen only in picture, never in real. I dont really like the slippery material. but have to do this due to the beige deluge that maruti has done to this car. any better idea?

195/60/r15 upgrade. a/c drive yokohama. what is the tyre, car is coming with? MRF? Need to start pining the tyre dealer.

philips extreme. Is this required? how are the light efficiency?

interior styling kit-carbon(if it is all black and available)

that about it is planned for now. let me know any more essential is required for vdi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks