Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 08:01   #841
Senior - BHPian

Anybody know the size of wipers on the Ertiga? The OEM ones are rubbish and leave marks all over the windscreen. Planning to replace them with Bosch once I know the size.
Old 7th January 2013, 08:12   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Anybody know the size of wipers on the Ertiga? The OEM ones are rubbish and leave marks all over the windscreen. Planning to replace them with Bosch once I know the size.
Wouldn't it be okay if you just grabbed a tape and measured the OEM wipers? It is usually specified inches or mm. That's what i'd done for my car long time back.

Lastly, since Ertiga shares a lot if parts with the RITZ, my guess would be that you'd need 22/16 wipers for the front.
naut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 11:30   #843
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Even I noticed the marks left by wipers and those marks are not going away. I'm thinking of complaining to the dealer/CC about it. Did you try that already?
nistala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 12:04   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nistala View Post
Even I noticed the marks left by wipers and those marks are not going away. I'm thinking of complaining to the dealer/CC about it. Did you try that already?
No point complaining to MASS because I had the same problem in my Swift and found MSIL use Syndicate wipers that are basically low grade. The best your dealer can do is give you a new set of (you guessed it!) Syndicate wipers. Upgrading to Bosch or Continental is the way forward. I'll update once done.
Old 7th January 2013, 15:21   #845
Distinguished - BHPian

^ You can check with your Maruti dealer once before trying outside. Usually Maruti used to provide Syndicate wipers, however my dad got his Eeco's wiper replaced from Maruti service centre and they had got Bosch as replacement.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 14:44   #846
Senior - BHPian

I'm surprised that Ertiga's tyres have a load rating code of '88' which translates to 560 kg. This is the same load rating for the Swift ZDi and Dzire ZDi since top variants use 15" tyres. Shouldn't the load rating be higher for the Ertiga given the extra weight and capacity to carry 2 people extra? You can check out the various load ratings here in this wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyre_size

For comparison, Innova's load rating is '94' which is 670 kg. Considering there are 8 well built people weighing over 100 kg travelling in the Innova, won't that be 800+ kgs to hold? Isn't that overload? I'm curious to know if this load rating is anything to go by when loading the car.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 8th January 2013 at 14:49.
Old 8th January 2013, 21:01   #847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm surprised that Ertiga's tyres have a load rating code of '88' which translates to 560 kg. This is the same load rating for the Swift ZDi and Dzire ZDi since top variants use 15" tyres. Shouldn't the load rating be higher for the Ertiga given the extra weight and capacity to carry 2 people extra? You can check out the various load ratings here in this wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyre_size

For comparison, Innova's load rating is '94' which is 670 kg. Considering there are 8 well built people weighing over 100 kg travelling in the Innova, won't that be 800+ kgs to hold? Isn't that overload? I'm curious to know if this load rating is anything to go by when loading the car.
Believe that's the load rating for each tyre. So the total weight the car can carry will be x 4. Innova thus, can carry 670*4 = ~2700 kgs. Similarly for Swift / Ertiga too. And again the passengers will be spread thru out the car enabling weight / load sharing.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 21:38   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Believe that's the load rating for each tyre. So the total weight the car can carry will be x 4. Innova thus, can carry 670*4 = ~2700 kgs. Similarly for Swift / Ertiga too. And again the passengers will be spread thru out the car enabling weight / load sharing.
That was superb! It never crossed my mind!
Old 16th January 2013, 00:25   #849
BHPian

After driving my latest acquisition for last one week, I have these observations to make :

1) Ertiga ZDi seats, especially the front ones are big and soft, but the lumbar support could have been a little more enhanced especially maintaining the normal lumbar lordosis . I am not sure how comfortable this will be in long journeys, as I bought mine specially for loooong highway cruises. Considering the fact that my other car is a Zen Estilo, and I have made loads of long distance travels, without an iota of back pain , I am a bit skeptical. Only time will confirm.

2) Even after having a tank full of diesel today, I was getting an avg of 17.5km/L as shown on the MID and it also showed a distance of 570 Kms as range !! That means 570/45 = 12.something would be the mileage Does the range one can travel on a full tank change with the avg mileage, or the range one can travel on a full tank is static and the avg shown is a variable ?! I am confused here . Please explain other Ertiga owners/experts.

All the rest are positives on this awesome car and its so much fun to drive as well
ultimatechamp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 09:52   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
2) Even after having a tank full of diesel today, I was getting an avg of 17.5km/L as shown on the MID and it also showed a distance of 570 Kms as range !! That means 570/45 = 12.something would be the mileage Does the range one can travel on a full tank change with the avg mileage, or the range one can travel on a full tank is static and the avg shown is a variable ?! I am confused here . Please explain other Ertiga owners/experts.
The 570 range is for 35 ltrs.
Also the mid avg is not accurate. Off by 2kms.
Old 16th January 2013, 10:23   #851
BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition.

1) Seats are not Uncomfortable on long drives, but I also feel the need for a better ( adjustable) lumbar support .

2) We have also noticed that MID always displays 1.5 to 2 kmpl above the actual (tank full to full method). and the tank capacity is only 36L, which is too small for highway trips. The range is very much similar to the figure quoted, ie 570- 600 Kms. ( In our old car, the Logan range was something like 900 - 1000 kms with a tank of 50L)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
After driving my latest acquisition for last one week, I have these observations to make :

All the rest are positives on this awesome car and its so much fun to drive as well
vinodv001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 11:21   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
and the tank capacity is only 36L, which is too small for highway trips. The range is very much similar to the figure quoted, ie 570- 600 Kms.
The tank capacity is 45. MID takes into account only 35L, when the reserve starts to kick in.
gkrishn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 11:22   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
the tank capacity is only 36L, which is too small for highway trips.
The actual tank capacity is 45 liters. The low fuel indication will be shown once diesel quantity is below 8 liters (Approximately 37 liters consumed). I have driven mine up to 650 kms with one tankful, and the MID was showing 0 for last 20-30 kms. Refueling consumed 39.5 liters. (The figures might be different for Petrol Ertiga)
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 12:34   #854
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a 1200 kms whirlwind trip from Chennai to Rameswaram. Here is a pic of my Ertiga after the long haul resting in the beaches of Danushkodi (land's end). The drive was fantabulous! Due to Pongal, the highways were free from lorry traffic, so managed to do a consistent 120-130 km/h all the way and still managed a respectable 17 to 18 kmpl. Travelogue will follow soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-dscn3842.jpg  

swiftdiesel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 16:48   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Just back from a 1200 kms whirlwind trip from Chennai to Rameswaram. Here is a pic of my Ertiga after the long haul resting in the beaches of Danushkodi (land's end). The drive was fantabulous! Due to Pongal, the highways were free from lorry traffic, so managed to do a consistent 120-130 km/h all the way and still managed a respectable 17 to 18 kmpl. Travelogue will follow soon.
Hi great that you are enjoying the ride. Seems like you are making frequent long runs. Waiting to see your travelogue as well.

PS: The bull bar really looks like a sore thumb and spoils the beauty in my opinion;
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed