Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 15:46   #976
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

ERTIGA goes to Thailand after the Indonesian succes!

Quote:
Ertiga is now getting ready to invade Thailand, an another potential RHD Asian market. Suzuki Ertiga is scheduled to be launched on 19th of March. The media drive for the local journalists is said to have taken place on 4th March.
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/03/a...#ixzz2MwSjKTZj
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 01:53   #977
BHPian

Hi

Does anyone know the function of alarm switch on the foglamp/headlight leveler panel?
Old 14th March 2013, 16:40   #978
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
Hi

Does anyone know the function of alarm switch on the foglamp/headlight leveler panel?
That is used to turn Valet mode ON and OFF and also to program your security system.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 18:45   #979
BHPian

Could you elaborate pls.how does it work. Therez nothing in the manual.it says contact dealer for details.
Old 15th March 2013, 01:28   #980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Therez nothing in the manual.it says contact dealer for details.
You probably can ask for a manual from the dealer or Nippon guys.

Quote:
Could you elaborate pls.how does it work....
To give you some examples, below are two functions that could be programmed by the switch on the dash. The key also needs to be in some particular position to complement the operations.

1. Doors unlocked at switch off
2. Doors unlocked when key taken out from the ignition hole

To achieve these functions, there is a fixed number of (continuous) presses that needs to be done on the dash switch and then the system sets that particular function.

Since I did an installation from the dealer after buying my Swift (in 2008), I was provided with a manual which explains various functions. I guess it will be the same with factory installed systems too.

Edit:: Also if your locking / alarm sounds are erratic (like 3 beeps while unlocking instead of 2), one press on the dash alarm button resets the system and your beeps will become proper!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th March 2013 at 01:33. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 12:14   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga AT version could be on its way, in Inonesia.

Quote:
Power Train Suzuki (Indomobil Sales) has registered a new vehicle with the Indonesian Ministry of Industry with a codename AV1414F TYPE SDX AT suggesting that the automatic version of the Ertiga is on its way. The website also reports the that auto tranny is a 4-speed unit, just like the ones found on the Dzire and the Ritz back home. The Ertiga shares its core hardware with the Swift and Dzire so the transplant won’t consume a lot of Maruti’s time or resources
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/03/s...#ixzz2NaWyK5zv
Old 15th March 2013, 12:53   #982
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Also if your locking / alarm sounds are erratic (like 3 beeps while unlocking instead of 2), one press on the dash alarm button resets the system and your beeps will become proper!
Three hoots or lights on/off when you open the door is meant to alarm you that someone has tried to open your car when it was locked.

Quote:
The manual explains various permutations and combination in detail. But you don't get it with your car even when it has Central Locking System. You'll get the book separately when you install hooter (Maruti doesn't offer sound alarm with its central locking).

Last edited by anandjha : 15th March 2013 at 12:58.
Old 15th March 2013, 13:55   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Three hoots or lights on/off when you open the door is meant to alarm you that someone has tried to open your car when it was locked...
My system (dealer installed) will keep beeping for 5 seconds if someone tries to open the car. If someone indeed opens it, the alarm goes on & on till its switched off by the key.
Old 15th March 2013, 19:19   #984
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My system (dealer installed) will keep beeping for 5 seconds if someone tries to open the car. If someone indeed opens it, the alarm goes on & on till its switched off by the key.
Sorry, I should have explained. Three beeps when you unlock through remote is just the car's way of saying that someone had tried to gain unauthorised entry in your car.

You can test it like this. Sit inside and lock it through remote. Then manually open the door by pulling the lever. The alarm will go off. Disengage the alarm and engage central locking through remote.

The beauty of 3 beeps comes now into play.

Now when you disengage the Central Locking you will hear 3 beeps instead of customary 2.

This feature comes in handy when you are not near the car, say in a Mall parking, and someone tampers with it. Since the alarm buzzes, it alerts the security, seeing whom the car-jacker flees.

Now what will Mall security do? They will obviously close the door and forget about the incident. Even you wouldn't know that someone was nearly successful in stealing your car. The 3 beeps when you unlock the door now will alert you that someone had cast an evil eye on your car.
anandjha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 19:54   #985
Distinguished - BHPian

ERTIGA is now the second best selling car in Indonesia ( Feb sales). Toyota's Avanza still in command.

Source IAB
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 11:44   #986
BHPian

Hi everyone, got delivery of my Ertiga on Monday. will be back shortly with a small review. Thanks- Huwaeiguy
Old 22nd March 2013, 00:36   #987
BHPian

Well guys, very happy to be upgraded to the Ertiga From my wagonr. It all began when I first saw the ertiga Indonesian ad on YouTube. Even though I could not understand the language I could make out how good the car was as all the features were high lighted in the ad. Called mandovi motors and Leo motors for a quote and test drive. Mandovi guys were very careless & no one bothered to call from their side . Called Leo motors and Mr. Pemmiah was very co operative and answered my n number of questions of exchanging my wagonr for the Ertiga & they were promptly on time for the test and simultaneously the wagonr valuation was done. Drove the car and was flattered. Went to showroom for the first time on Thursday I.e., on 14th march to book the car.Booked the Ertiga ZDi (Steel Wheel). Left my wagonr there as down payment and came back. I had told them strictly I wanted the car on Monday. Loan was done and finally the D day. Called Mr. Pemmiah in the morning and he says that he is on leave, i thought my car will not be delivered today. he told me to contact Mr. Mohan and he will co ordinate with me for then delivery of the vehicle. Went to the showroom at around 12.30 car was on the way to the showroom. Finished all the formalities to sell my wagonr. And I was told it might take some time so please finish lunch and come back. Want for lunch and came back Zumba( That's what I call my Ertiga) was being wiped with wet cloth to remove dust. And the accessories which I had asked for like the door visors and scuff plates. Finally took delivery of Zumba at around 4o clock. Went and got a pooja done. Next day was Zumba's goodies add on day! Got mats, HID kit for fog lamps, 90 / 100 head light kit with relay, led lights for reverse indicators.and the next day got the audio installed. Head unit pioneer AVH-1590, JL AUDIO Components in the front, JBL gt 609c at the rear doors, JBL gtx 646 amplifier for the components, bull audio sub woofer and a Sony mono block amp for the same. Got 3M 70% visibility tint, Bosch horns & day running lights. Vehicle registration is pending as I am waiting for the number. Ordered the spoiler for the Zumba , hopefully that's it for now. Leather interiors and alloy wheels will have to wait for now. Will manage and get some pics tomorrow. Thanks - Huwaeiguy
huwaeiguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:34   #988
BHPian

some pictures of my Ertiga!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-sd-large.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-se-large.jpg  

huwaeiguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:52   #989
Senior - BHPian

My folks have booked the Ertiga in Mysore, but will be taking delivery only next month because of some inauspicious period now. The quote we have received is as below. We can bargain for the accessory pack free, but wanted to know about this incidental charge.

I know its banned in Delhi, but do the dealers down south waive this off ?

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertiga.jpg
Old 23rd March 2013, 01:35   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy View Post
some pictures of my Ertiga!!!
Congrats on your purchase of this workhorse! I love your DRLs! Do you have an extra switch to turn them on? I'm also interested in your HID fog lamp setup. Can you share some info in this regard? I'm looking to do both these upgrades on mine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks