Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 01:02   #2281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Is this really true? If yes, then that is good news for me - the Ertiga can become a leading contender for our next car! Existing owners like Parag/a4anurag, I would be thankful if you could clarify on this
No you cannot(Still) pull the 2nd row to the fullest. For Second row to be pulled back to the farthest position you need to keep the 3rd row upright. Else you certainly lose out on a bit of leg room.

Removing headrests and folding 3rd row helps the 2nf row move an inch or a bit more backward but that is all.

You can refer pics in the post on the below URL-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/145677-tallboy-welcomes-longer-companion-maruti-ertiga-vdi-now-50-000-kms-up-5.html#post3328691

Last edited by paragsachania : 29th May 2015 at 01:07.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 16:33   #2282
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
No you cannot(Still) pull the 2nd row to the fullest. For Second row to be pulled back to the farthest position you need to keep the 3rd row upright. Else you certainly lose out on a bit of leg room.

Removing headrests and folding 3rd row helps the 2nf row move an inch or a bit more backward but that is all.
that is the precise reason i said earlier that most probably the SA probably pulled a fast one but believe me i had pushed the seat all the way back and the SA folded the 3rd road seat. The VXi CNG has prominent hump at the rear and when the seat was folded it appeared fit just about snugly behind the 2nd tow however the seat probably wasn't pushed fully flat. Thanks for clarifying. I knew it was too good to be true.
Old 31st May 2015, 08:03   #2283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Did the dealer mention anything about the facelift at all?
Yesterday evening we had got our Alto K10 AMT delivered and during the process asked the Sales Manager about the Ertiga face-lift.

I didn't enquire about the current discounts running for the Ertiga but when I asked them about the face-lift coming, he looked at me with a blank face and asks me in return, Is it Sir? Honestly we have no information.

If I can see by the things are coming, they are in a hurry to launch the S-Cross first then Swift and Dzire with AMT. Then probably think about face-lifting the Ertiga.

IMO, there is no pressure from competition so they need not hurry to launch the facelift. Mobilio is dying, Innova sells what may come so not Toyota and Maruti are happy in their zones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
He said they have no idea on the facelift. There is no communication from Maruti as well.
+1. Yes, I did receive the same rely yesterday from the dealer regarding the Ertiga face-lift.

Last edited by a4anurag : 31st May 2015 at 08:04.
Old 31st May 2015, 17:48   #2284
Senior - BHPian

My first long trip with new old Ertiga is done, we are back in Bangalore after a 1500 km Bangalore - Cochin - Kannur - Bangalore trip

Ertiga behaved very well through out the journey, mostly with 5 people and a months worth of luggage on board. In few occassions,it carried 8 adults and 3 kids

I made a full flat bed for my 7 yr old daughter by keeping 3rd row and the single seat in second row flat. Filled the gap between seats with a small bag full of clothes and she was super comfortable sleeping there.

On highways it returned a 19.5kmpl mileage when I drove in 90-100kmpl speed. Those speedbreaker heavy mysore roads gave a 17kmpl.

On ghat roads like Coorg areas, it felt a bit sluggish, guess I still need to learn Ertiga driving. Started thinking of Racedynamics tuning box now.

5th gear cannot take small inclines, speed drops very fast and one need to downshift to 4th gear. My petrol ritz used to clear those inclines in Mysore -virajpet road in 5th gear at 70-80kmph, but not Ertiga.

An year back I've rented an Ertiga from Carzonrent (almost brand new, 2014 Feb model) and driven extensively around Coorg ( and then I was convinced Ertiga is what I want); but for some reason my Ertiga's body roll was much more than that rental Ertiga. Any suspension changes in 2013+ models?

Towards end of trip I could hear some small squeaking sound from front left while braking, need to check the brake/brake pads soon.

I totally missed to pressure wash underbody after the beach drive for 6 days, i was thinking about it during the day of drive, but missed that totally somehow later. Hopefully that wont damage anything. Any thing to check now? I am thinking of checking underbody for any rust every time car gets into service.

Now some pictures ...
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_1105.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_1093.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_1164.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_1161.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_1187.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_1192.jpg  

Last edited by arjithin : 31st May 2015 at 17:55.
arjithin is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 10:25   #2285
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

IMO, there is no pressure from competition so they need not hurry to launch the facelift. Mobilio is dying, Innova sells what may come so not Toyota and Maruti are happy in their zones.
True that! But then Ertiga's own sales figures have been on a decline for a couple of months now. Plus the discounts they are offering (which according to me seem like a stock clearance ploy) - how do we explain that?

But the responses that I get from the dealers when asked about the facelift is really frustrating.

Maruti - if you are listening - please get the Ertiga facelift along with S-Cross
Old 1st June 2015, 13:08   #2286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Hopefully that wont damage anything. Any thing to check now? I am thinking of checking underbody for any rust every time car gets into service.
Glad you enjoyed your trip! Your beach pictures, as good as they may look, puts the car in an environment it wasn't built to operate in. We as drivers enjoy seeing the splash and the glee on our kids' faces but if the vehicle had a mouth it would cry!

Salt water is a car's worst enemy and to let it splash all over a vehicle's internals is completely wrong. Even if you pressure washed your car later, deposits can settle in places where your pressure wash cannot reach and on the Ertiga, the bottom doesn't have an engine guard letting all the splash on the engine underbody. This is a big problem in the UK where (grit) salt is spread on the road to melt ice on the road but when the vehicle drives over them, it sticks to their internals. They spend more time coating the underbody and having high pressure underbody washes. Even the Renault Duster was recalled due to underbody rusting because of the salt sticking to the frame. Hope you don't get me wrong - but PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO YOUR MPV. In my humble opinion, it's vehicle abuse.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 11:29   #2287
BHPian

My dads ertiga vdi has run 45k in two and half years. Recently the second gear has been giving a problem. Its not engaging from any other gear apart from 1st gear. Like if its in third gear and one wishes to engage the second gear, will have to first take it to 1st and then only the second gear engages smoothly. Rest of the times, its stuck completely. I wish to know if its the synchronizer that has gone kaput or some minor issue like gear shift cable and bush might solve it? Also does the gear box need to be opened? Covered under Warranty?
Old 3rd June 2015, 11:37   #2288
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Rest of the times, its stuck completely. I wish to know if its the synchronizer that has gone kaput or some minor issue like gear shift cable and bush might solve it? Also does the gear box need to be opened? Covered under Warranty?
Check the bushes and linkages. If they are fine then the synchro rings would have gone kaput.

Gearbox issues should be covered under warranty but bushes won't be covered I guess.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 14:23   #2289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
My dads ertiga vdi has run 45k in two and half years. Recently the second gear has been giving a problem. Its not engaging from any other gear apart from 1st gear. Like if its in third gear and one wishes to engage the second gear, will have to first take it to 1st and then only the second gear engages smoothly. Rest of the times, its stuck completely. I wish to know if its the synchronizer that has gone kaput or some minor issue like gear shift cable and bush might solve it? Also does the gear box need to be opened? Covered under Warranty?
Exact same problem was reported by my friend on his 2013 Ritz ZDI. It was caused by synchronizer ring and was replaced under warranty. One day job at the service center.
Old 3rd June 2015, 19:07   #2290
BHPian

I am seriously confused on whether to wait for the Ertiga facelift or go ahead and buy the current model! There are no signs of any facelift launch and going by the logic, Maruti will do it just before the festival season of Diwali. Somewhere in Sept - Oct. Any leads on this?
Old 4th June 2015, 11:21   #2291
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
I am seriously confused on whether to wait for the Ertiga facelift or go ahead and buy the current model! There are no signs of any facelift launch and going by the logic, Maruti will do it just before the festival season of Diwali. Somewhere in Sept - Oct. Any leads on this?
Am also in the same dilemma. Like Anurag mentioned, Maruti does not seem to be in any hurry to launch the facelift. Actually there is not need I guess with Logdy not really hitting the mark. It's kind of operating in its own zone
  • Innova is way above in pricing - plus it seems to really in its own league
  • Mobilio is a tad-pricey even though it has a refined engine
  • Logdy is either a hit or miss. For me personally its a miss. I'd rather go with Ertiga since its more VFM (even with the price increase of facelift)

Infact, someone from VARUN MOTORS called me last evening checking if am ready to book an Ertiga. When I again asked about facelift, they sounded very indifferent. They are only looking forwarding to SCross/ACross launch - nothing else.
Old 4th June 2015, 15:19   #2292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Am also in the same dilemma. Like Anurag mentioned, Maruti does not seem to be in any hurry to launch the facelift. Actually there is not need I guess with Logdy not really hitting the mark. It's kind of operating in its own zone
  • Innova is way above in pricing - plus it seems to really in its own league
  • Mobilio is a tad-pricey even though it has a refined engine
  • Logdy is either a hit or miss. For me personally its a miss. I'd rather go with Ertiga since its more VFM (even with the price increase of facelift)

Infact, someone from VARUN MOTORS called me last evening checking if am ready to book an Ertiga. When I again asked about facelift, they sounded very indifferent. They are only looking forwarding to SCross/ACross launch - nothing else.
True. Dealer is showing absolutely no sign of any facelift.

For me - Of the semi-MPVs, given my running of roughly 9-10K per year, it does not make any sense to buy a Diesel. So for me Lodgy is out of question. I never liked Mobilio. Of full-MPVs, Innova is out of Budget, Xylo ride quality is terrible. So there is hardly any choice and I liked Ertiga.

Out of the expected upgrades in the facelift, I am not really thrilled by ACC or Touch screen (we already have enough of them in our lives!) but the new front fascia looks good IMO. Let's see!
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 15:22   #2293
BANNED

Quote:
So there is hardly any choice and I liked Ertiga.

Out of the expected upgrades in the facelift, I am not really thrilled by ACC or Touch screen (we already have enough of them in our lives!) but the new front fascia looks good IMO. Let's see!
If you aren't particular and needy of the ACC and some other add-on then why not go ahead and get the current generation at a discounted price. The money saved can be invested elsewhere or for fuel or for accessories.
Old 4th June 2015, 15:35   #2294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you aren't particular and needy of the ACC and some other add-on then why not go ahead and get the current generation at a discounted price. The money saved can be invested elsewhere or for fuel or for accessories.
I agree with you. I have almost made up my mind, however the discount is not very attractive though, it's 10K only.
Old 4th June 2015, 15:39   #2295
BANNED

Quote:

I agree with you. I have almost made up my mind, however the discount is not very attractive though, it's 10K only.
I thought it was in tune of around 30K?!

Ertiga sells well due to lack of competition in reality. Honda send to be over priced for what it gives. Toyota was always overpriced. Renault seems to be good but ASC numbers and standards raise doubts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks