Old 4th June 2014, 23:36   #2221
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
I had posted it on this thread long back. Here's the link for your reference
Link to my HU post
Hi amazer2013, thanks for the link.

I had seen these. Actually I should have been more clear about this. What I was requesting you was for some picture which shows the whole installation including the complete dash board. To get an idea how it looks on the dash board.

Did you have to do any cutting or alteration on the dash to fit the double din ?

Best Regards & Drive Safely

Ram
Old 6th June 2014, 11:15   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious.mojave View Post
Any which ways I have driven only around 800 kms till now with the second service due the coming weekend.
During all this time, my FE has been abysmal. It generally varies between 10-12 kmpl and only once gave a reading of 15.6 (trip to the airport on a sunday). I am not a rash driver nor do I over-rev and well, most of the times, the ECO indicator keeps showing.
I have the New City and it gives me the same FE as you are mentioning for the Amaze within City.

I would recommend you try out a trip of over 100-150 KMs on a highway. You should be able to get an FE of 16+ at least.

I am actually surprised how a 1.2L and a 1.5L engine of Amaze and City provide the same FE with even a max. power difference of around 30 BHP. Can any BHPian explain a little more on this?
Old 8th June 2014, 11:31   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Agree with you on this!
My back started hurting a bit after a 4hr 80km drive to office & back. I'm assuming it would be a lot worse when i take the car out for an even longer drive.
I guess the thin seats are the culprits here as they don't offer good support. I never faced any issue on my 2 other cars which are the Dzire & the Swift.
I second this. Last weekend I went on a trip to Shrivardhan (200 km from Mumbai). I could not figure out a comfortable driving position for shoulder support. I did not have low back pain but had shoulder and neck stiffness on return. BTW, I have neck pillows appended to the seat tops.
Old 9th June 2014, 19:24   #2224
BHPian

Update

Honda India has sold 88,000 units of Amaze since its launch in April last year.

Full article - Autocar India
KING DYSP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 23:59   #2225
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I also have a brake problem. I can hear a grinding sound from the left rear on braking. Also I can feel vibrations on the brake pedal on hard braking , which also indicates uneven wear on the front discs.

Will take the car to the mangalore dealer over the weekend and get ghis checked. Can't take the risk of going to the bangalore service centers

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
Old 13th June 2014, 16:09   #2226

Guys,

even i was adviced by Magnum Honda to replace the brake pads at own cost at 10k kms , the odo reads 7k now.

The car is a Dec'13 model would Honda replace them under warranty??

Regards,
Aneesh.
Old 13th June 2014, 17:10   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Looks like I also have a brake problem. I can hear a grinding sound from the left rear on braking. Also I can feel vibrations on the brake pedal on hard braking , which also indicates uneven wear on the front discs.

Will take the car to the mangalore dealer over the weekend and get ghis checked. Can't take the risk of going to the bangalore service centers

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckz006 View Post
Guys,

even i was adviced by Magnum Honda to replace the brake pads at own cost at 10k kms , the odo reads 7k now.

Regards,
Aneesh.
I've heard brake pads are wearing out in amaze quite earlier and in many showrooms they were being replaced for free.
My friend had them replaced for free.
Old 13th June 2014, 20:53   #2228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Regards,
Aneesh.
Looks like a scam to me.

Get the condition of brake pads checked outside from independent honest garage, It is a simple part and not a rocket science

If there is a genuine defect then yes you should fight for warranty as brake pads usually last 40-50 K KM on cars.
Old 15th June 2014, 23:58   #2229
BHPian

Hi guys,
Last week I was in Kerala to drop off my friend at an airport, since it was monsoon season, the windshield got fogged a lot and so I used AC to defogg it.
After few minutes, the Ac vents before the windshield got wet and even water started dropping from the dash board.
Have any one had this situation? Is it common? Should I get it checked?
Old 16th June 2014, 11:05   #2230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Regards,
Aneesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
I've heard brake pads are wearing out in amaze quite earlier and in many showrooms they were being replaced for free.
My friend had them replaced for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Looks like a scam to me.

Get the condition of brake pads checked outside from independent honest garage, It is a simple part and not a rocket science

If there is a genuine defect then yes you should fight for warranty as brake pads usually last 40-50 K KM on cars.
It seems mine wasnt a pad problem , it was the calipers which were adjusted during my 20 K service . The dealer said the wear on my pads were normal as the front pads have a life of around 22- 25 k kms depending on usage . He did say that my brake pads had still some life in them for around 3k kms , but as my next service would be at 30 K kms , I asked them to replace it .

Also , Honda is replacing brake pads for only those cars which have worn pads under 15 K kms . He says , its the torque especially in the lower gears thats making drivers use brakes more frequently

My guess is that early wear would be seen in cars that are driven more in city traffic

After the 20 K kms service

What was changed : Airfilter , diesel filter , engine oil

There is a noticable difference in the way the car performs now . I used to clean the air filter regularly , but I do see a big difference .

Thats why I have decided to change these filters at every 10 K interval while Honda suggests a change every 20 K kms

FE with my 195 tires was dropping considerably since the last 2K kms . The FE over the 400 kms drive to Mangalore with AC on 40% of the times was around 19 kpl . After the service , the same drive which has a 30 kms uphill ghat and AC on 70% of the times , the FE was around 21 kpl with the car hitting the rev limiter in top gear for most part of the last 190 kms to Bangalore

Quick question : Has anyone used fully synthetic oil in their Diesel Amaze ?
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 11:23   #2231
Senior - BHPian

Can someone whose brake pads are replaced check OEM for the pad and also how thick new pads are and report it on this thread I think it will help people a lot.

Quote:
It seems mine wasnt a pad problem , it was the calipers which were adjusted during my 20 K service . The dealer said the wear on my pads were normal as the front pads have a life of around 22- 25 k kms depending on usage . He did say that my brake pads had still some life in them for around 3k kms , but as my next service would be at 30 K kms , I asked them to replace it .
What was the brake pad part + labour cost ?

My 2 Paisa henceforth when SA says 3K or 5K just ask him thickness of the pad remaining in mm, they can measure it easily.
Pads can last anything from 3K to 30K depending on how they are being used.

IMHO pads should be replaced when around 10-20 % of original thickness is remaining. Usually brake pads have a metal part as indicator when pads are worn out sufficiently you will hear metal scratching sound. I think actual 3K or 5K countdown starts from this point

On my Safari brake pad were replaced at 25K ( I think I was scammed) then from 40K onwards I am hearing this 3K story recently got it checked at an independent garage the thickness of pad was more then 50% of new pad so since it took 40K to come to 50% it should take another 20K at-least before there is a need to change on preventive basis.

So I purchased a TVS-Girling set and will get it installed at later point in order to save environment and my pocket.

Last edited by amitk26 : 16th June 2014 at 11:33.
amitk26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 12:22   #2232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone whose brake pads are replaced check OEM for the pad and also how thick new pads are and report it on this thread I think it will help people a lot.

What was the brake pad part + labour cost ?

Have to go by whatever the dealer tells me . Just called them up and they said they determined the 3K life going by this thickness

They didnt ask me to change , I asked them to as I have to drive 360 kms one way for a service . And we have some long drives coming up in the next 2 months , didnt want to waste a day just for servicing .

But yes , will check this the next time .
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 12:42   #2233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But yes , will check this the next time .
I think you missed my question on costs
Old 16th June 2014, 14:53   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you missed my question on costs
I have left the receipt back in Mangalore . it was around 2100 for the pads , not sure about the labor
Old 17th June 2014, 09:22   #2235
BHPian

Looks like the brake pad is fast becoming a regular issue. I have Diesel S MT and faced same problem of squeaking noise from the front tyres. When I took it to the service center (Magnum Honda), they confirmed that the brake pads were worn out and asked me to replace it on my cost.

My car had done about 9k at that time and I gave them piece of mind and escalated it to the service center manager. Only after escalating to the manager, they agreed to replace it free of cost.

My suggestion is to not to listen to the service guys if your car has run < 20k. Replacing brake pad under 20k is absolutely ridiculous!
AmazeGuru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks