Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 02:22   #2266
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Here are some pictures.

Awesome pinpointed steering
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_0440.jpg

Somehow the dual tone interior looks nice in this view.
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_0441.jpg

The seat cover goes well with the dual tone dash
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_0447.jpg

The rear seat with nice set of cushions
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_0444.jpg

The front stands
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_0450.jpg

The neat rear (too close I guess)
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_0452.jpg

Short & sweet side stands
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_0472.jpg

Almond Head lamps
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_0474.jpg

Illuminated dash
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-dsc_0477.jpg
nggk5mr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 18:22   #2267
BHPian

Hi @nggk5mr Congratulations on ypur new car .
Could you please let me know if the reverse sensors are dealer fitted ?
Also what brand are they ?
And lastly if you do not mind how much did they cost ?
Thanks Ankush .
Old 2nd August 2014, 19:58   #2268
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride. My Amaze completed its 13 months and 30,000 kms in July and very happy with the overall performance at this price point. It certainly doesnot deliver what Honda cars are known for, which is driving pleasure.

It is a very mechanised kind of experience wherein you just get used to of the NVH, minor thuds at breakers, slight rattle and missing features that come in mid sized sedans, such as Climate Control, bluetooth, Control panel etc. Having said that, its a brilliant family car and fits in tons of luggage and delivers phenomenal leg space for all, et al.
Add few accessories and it will be your fav family car. Also, I have a feeling that its seats, especially driver's seat, are not orthopaedically well designed. I got back-rest in place after facing trouble during initial day of ownership. Any one else who feels so?

Happy Driving and clock lots of awesome miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nggk5mr View Post
Hi Friends,

I am a newbie to the forum.

Took delivery of Amaze VX MT Diesel 3 weeks back . Enjoying the drive so far. Yet to test on highway.

I echo thousands of Amaze owner on all the aspects of the car.

I find my car's suspension to be bit stiff. Is it the normal setting? When I go over speed bump (doing only 10-15kmph), I feel the hard thud. I run with air pressure of 30. Question is should I be changing to Nitrogen? Or ask service guys to make it on softer side during my first service? BTW, I haven't change the Stock JK tyres? Planning for upgrade. Does that help?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Icarus_Deft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:08   #2269

Booked Honda Amaze SX I-DTEC TAFETTA WHITE on 31/7/2014. I am expecting delivery on 7/8/2014.

The SX variant was launched by Honda some months back and the only additions to this variant are the security features like front dual air bags and pretensioner seatbelts.

One thing I learnt from T-BHP was to never sacrifice on safety. And I am glad Honda introduced this variant and only by paying Rs 28,000 extra you get these two safety features.
Old 2nd August 2014, 22:00   #2270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Hi @nggk5mr Congratulations on ypur new car .
Could you please let me know if the reverse sensors are dealer fitted ?
Also what brand are they ?
And lastly if you do not mind how much did they cost ?
Thanks Ankush .
I got the Hilife reverse parking sensor & camera with rear view mirror fitted for free from the dealer. That was part of corporate offer. The dealer said the unit costs 9500/- but i think you can get the same as after market fitment for 7k/-. The rear view mirror doubles up as 3.5" VGA screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_Deft View Post
Congratulations on the new ride. My Amaze completed its 13 months and 30,000 kms in July and very happy with the overall performance at this price point. It certainly doesnot deliver what Honda cars are known for, which is driving pleasure.

It is a very mechanised kind of experience wherein you just get used to of the NVH, minor thuds at breakers, slight rattle and missing features that come in mid sized sedans, such as Climate Control, bluetooth, Control panel etc. Having said that, its a brilliant family car and fits in tons of luggage and delivers phenomenal leg space for all, et al.
Add few accessories and it will be your fav family car. Also, I have a feeling that its seats, especially driver's seat, are not orthopaedically well designed. I got back-rest in place after facing trouble during initial day of ownership. Any one else who feels so?

30K in 13 months! awesome numbers.
I agree with you completely on your summary. I am used to the NVH now, I dont even notice it. There is always this thuds at speed-breakers. I asked about this earlier too. May I ask what you did to solve it?
The A-pillar rattle is a known issue which bothers me alot.

Can you recommend the accessories. Also provide the details of the back-rest you have. I am sure I need it.

Thanks.
Old 3rd August 2014, 06:36   #2271
BHPian

Hey.
For thud, actually it will get a bit better with services as there suspension will loosen up. For some reason, suspension in nee Amaze is v rigid. Does not recoil well. Now is better. On backrest, just walk into any good car showroom and buy detachable strap on one. It keeps vertebrae straight, which seat well doesnot cushion well. On accessories, frankly admitting, I bought EX version only coz I hated the factory fitted ICE. So mine came with 1-Din which I sold off and bought a 2-Din Sony touchsreen. This, rear speakers and underbody treatment are the only accessory I have got till now.

Old 3rd August 2014, 18:03   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkeenlearner View Post
Booked Honda Amaze SX I-DTEC TAFETTA WHITE on 31/7/2014. I am expecting delivery on 7/8/2014.

The SX variant was launched by Honda some months back and the only additions to this variant are the security features like front dual air bags and pretensioner seatbelts.

One thing I learnt from T-BHP was to never sacrifice on safety. And I am glad Honda introduced this variant and only by paying Rs 28,000 extra you get these two safety features.
:thumbup: to you for your selection of the SX over the S. I certainly wish more people follow your path and we see manufacturers providing safety features at lower price points.

Do write about your experience with the car after you take delivery.
Old 3rd August 2014, 18:30   #2273
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, I fully agree with you regarding the driver's seat. I get back, neck and shoulder aches after a, say, 2 hr drive. What sort if back rest you arranged? Is it in Mumbai? Can I get it online?
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:16   #2274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkeenlearner View Post

Congrats on your new ride. SX is best buy which includes the most needed safety features.

Share your initial ownership review please.

Quote:
Hey.
For thud, actually it will get a bit better with services as there suspension will loosen up. For some reason, suspension in nee Amaze is v rigid. Does not recoil well. Now is better. On backrest, just walk into any good car showroom and buy detachable strap on one. It keeps vertebrae straight, which seat well doesnot cushion well. On accessories, frankly admitting, I bought EX version only coz I hated the factory fitted ICE. So mine came with 1-Din which I sold off and bought a 2-Din Sony touchsreen. This, rear speakers and underbody treatment are the only accessory I have got till now.

My first service is coming up shortly. I will check the suspension & ride after it. Maybe it will take more than one service. Will continuously monitor.

I will check out the backrest. Can you post pictures of yours?
Is under-body treatment absolutely necessity?

Thanks.
Old 3rd August 2014, 20:53   #2275

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
:thumbup: to you for your selection of the SX over the S. I certainly wish more people follow your path and we see manufacturers providing safety features at lower price points.

Do write about your experience with the car after you take delivery.
Thank you!
And yes I have learnt to sacrifice on gizmos for safety. All thanks to awareness being spread through T-BHP.

Do you also own Amaze? Can you point me to your ownership report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nggk5mr View Post
Congrats on your new ride. SX is best buy which includes the most needed safety features.

Share your initial ownership review please.
Thank you!
I love the blue color on the Amaze. Congratulations to you too for your new car.

BTW, how do you find the NVH levels on 2014 manufactured Amaze? Is it an improvement over the initial batch?
Old 3rd August 2014, 23:18   #2276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wohroy View Post
Hi, I fully agree with you regarding the driver's seat. I get back, neck and shoulder aches after a, say, 2 hr drive. What sort if back rest you arranged? Is it in Mumbai? Can I get it online?

Got it in Navi Mumbai. Lemme post few pics of the same. Once I put it in place, though with a bit of discomfort due to straight back, I drove uptill North and back. So works :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP App!
Old 4th August 2014, 00:24   #2277
BHPian

Thanks Sidkeenlearner.
2014 models has improved NVH compared to last year model which I test drove.
As I said earlier, if you have your ICE running, you will hardly notice the engine noise.

I was debating between White & Blue and settled for latter. White is neat.
Post picture once get delivery.
Old 7th August 2014, 00:16   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Got it in Navi Mumbai. Lemme post few pics of the same. Once I put it in place, though with a bit of discomfort due to straight back, I drove uptill North and back. So works :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP App!
Can you post some pictures of the backrest? Also put in the details like make, cost, etc.

Thanks.
Old 8th August 2014, 15:23   #2279
Team-BHP Support

Honda Cars India Limited has announced that it has sold more than 1,00,000 units of the Amaze compact sedan in India. The Brio-based sedan has achieved this milestone in sixteen months since its launch in April 2013. This has made it the fastest car to breach the 1 lakh mark in the company's history.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 8th August 2014, 19:07   #2280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Honda Cars India Limited has announced that it has sold more than 1,00,000 units of the Amaze compact sedan in India. The Brio-based sedan has achieved this milestone in sixteen months since its launch in April 2013. This has made it the fastest car to breach the 1 lakh mark in the company's history.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Brand value carries Honda across this milestone.

When I booked my car mid of June the official count was 88,000. So in 2 months 12000 Amaze has been sold.
Maybe the fact that, pricing of Mobilio is pushing customers towards Amaze & City.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks