Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2014, 08:51   #2341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
4. The last one is the most annoying. No rear fog lamps fine - but the lower end models have no rear windscreen defogger, or even a rear windshield wiper (which even my old Ritz had). Makes it a royal pain to drive an Amaze in even a slight drizzle, when your rear visibility gets destroyed because of droplets of rain clinging to the rear windshield.

That is one reason why I'm hesitating to take it out on a highway in the rainy season. No fogs in chennai of course but there's no shortage of rain in these months.
[/quote]

None of the sedans have a rear windscreen wiper. Honda cannot be blamed here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ot-sedans.html

However, yes- the defogger should have been there and is just cost cutting at work.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 08:56   #2342
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
I will very slightly disagree with what you said.
4. The last one is the most annoying. No rear fog lamps fine - but the lower end models have no rear windscreen defogger, or even a rear windshield wiper (which even my old Ritz had). Makes it a royal pain to drive an Amaze in even a slight drizzle, when your rear visibility gets destroyed because of droplets of rain clinging to the rear windshield.
  • rear windscreen defogger is provided only on the high end variants of most cars. I guess, it's the same with Etios, Ritz and Swift. Correct me, if I'm wrong here. So, even while I agree with your view point, I don't think it's a Honda only phenomenon.
  • With regards to rear wipers, no sedan in India is equipped with a rear wiper simply because of practical difficulty in doing so. You might see that wiper on notchbacks like the Skoda Octavia though.
Old 8th November 2014, 09:22   #2343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
With regards to rear wipers, no sedan in India is equipped with a rear wiper simply because of practical difficulty in doing so.
Sorry, but this is wrong.

Sedans don't have it because the aerodynamics don't require it. Hatchbacks are susceptible to creating turbulence at the rear when they cut through air. Sedans have a smoother air flow in comparison.

More turbulence, more dust get picked up. Same reason why following a bus leaves trails of dust behind when it gains speed.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 09:48   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sorry, but this is wrong.

Sedans don't have it because the aerodynamics don't require it. Hatchbacks are susceptible to creating turbulence at the rear when they cut through air. Sedans have a smoother air flow in comparison.

More turbulence, more dust get picked up. Same reason why following a bus leaves trails of dust behind when it gains speed.
I did not read your specific text. The previous reply ( now deleted by requesting to moderators ) was based on the understanding that I had of that thread. The specific reason is mentioned on the thread that you shared.

While turbulence makes it mandatory on hatches to have rear wipers, sedans would have benefited with a rear wiper for sure. But, even high end cars don't have it. The reason being the practical difficulty in getting it fixed on a sedan. It's too much of a hassle and not worth the pain. Moreover, the slanting roof ensures that at a speed, the water drains off the rear glass fast. But, the skoda octavia has it because it's a notchback and hence is very easy to fit it.

Last edited by amalji : 8th November 2014 at 10:08.
Old 8th November 2014, 11:00   #2345
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you please get us more details on this by asking your service advisor ?It could either be a circular for < 15k kms as you said or it could even be a design change in brake pad.
The Service Advisor has asked me for the circular & where i came across this information. I pointed him out to posts in this thread.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 11:37   #2346
BHPian

Quote:
The audio system is actually fairly decent (no branding on it but I think it is a lower end Alpine OEM model).
EX has Alpine branding.
S, SX, VX has Mitsubishi branding on it.
Old 8th November 2014, 11:59   #2347
BHPian

Slightly OT but can anyone guide me , as to which speakers can replace my stock front door speakers in my amaze vx , without any modifications and cut outs etc . And the speakers should be 3 way as I need the tweeter in built .
Old 8th November 2014, 16:17   #2348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
EX has Alpine branding.
I don't see any mitsubishi or any other branding at all on this unit, looks like I might have to remove it from its mounting in order to find out for sure unless this helps you to identify it.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-1415443547561541106401.jpg  

Old 8th November 2014, 16:25   #2349
BHPian

Quote:
I don't see any mitsubishi or any other branding at all on this unit, looks like I might have to remove it from its mounting in order to find out for sure unless this helps you to identify it.
Yes, the branding is on the inside. I was working at a Honda dealership previously. You can also view it at dealership probably since one of the specimen is usually kept inside a glass casing for the accessories.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 18:11   #2350
Senior - BHPian

Hmm. I could have done a bit of mix and match in that case. Unfortunately I had to travel asap soon after I booked the car, in fact even the delivery took place when I was out of town :(. So went with just the stock car + accessories package the dealer offered.
Old 8th November 2014, 19:07   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm. I could have done a bit of mix and match in that case. Unfortunately I had to travel asap soon after I booked the car, in fact even the delivery took place when I was out of town :(. So went with just the stock car + accessories package the dealer offered.
Luckily good for you. The accessories are way overpriced for what they have to offer.
The profit margin to dealers on accessories is FAT!
Get aftermarket ones.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 19:37   #2352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Luckily good for you. The accessories are way overpriced for what they have to offer.
The profit margin to dealers on accessories is FAT!
Get aftermarket ones.
Even if it might be 1000 or 2000 cheaper outside for accessories like speakers, I would still recommend going with Honda.

The reason ?

You are giving them a chance to deny warranty for an unrelated issue ( like rattling for example ) that has a remote possibility of being caused by the job that you do outside. So, get everything done from the dealership and don't give a chance for the dealership to blame it on the accessories shop.

I've heard that some of the Honda dealers are very strict in this ( unlike Maruti ).

Last edited by amalji : 8th November 2014 at 19:39.
Old 8th November 2014, 21:37   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
Now, I haven't even considered the quality of brakes used in the Amaze. It's excellent and is leagues ahead of the ones used in the likes of the Swift.
+1 to that. The brakes definitely have good bite and the car remains composed under heavy braking. Gives you the confidence to push it harder.

Quote:
1. The audio system is actually fairly decent (no branding on it but I think it is a lower end Alpine OEM model). It is the default speakers that suck rather a lot, replacing those with decent ones should be a pretty good performance boost for your sound quality.
The front speakers are so light and plasticky, they feel like a frisbee in your hand. You might find better speakers in rickshaws. Just changing the stock speakers should make a huge difference to sound quality.

Quote:
EX has Alpine branding.
Agree. My SX had Mitsubishi. But I am curious, why does EX have Alpine branding? Is it a different head unit?

Quote:
You are giving them a chance to deny warranty for an unrelated issue ( like rattling for example ) that has a remote possibility of being caused by the job that you do outside. So, get everything done from the dealership and don't give a chance for the dealership to blame it on the accessories shop.
Will rattling be covered under warranty? I remember reading in the warranty booklet, something on the lines of the warranty will not apply to anything that does not materially impact driveability or performance, such as rattles, minor vibrations etc.

Any outside alteration to the car can technically void warranty. Make sure you don't cut wires and use proper connectors.
Old 8th November 2014, 21:48   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Agree. My SX had Mitsubishi. But I am curious, why does EX have Alpine branding? Is it a different head unit?
Yep, 1 DIN audio system.
Old 8th November 2014, 23:41   #2355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Will rattling be covered under warranty? I remember reading in the warranty booklet, something on the lines of the warranty will not apply to anything that does not materially impact driveability or performance, such as rattles, minor vibrations etc.

Any outside alteration to the car can technically void warranty. Make sure you don't cut wires and use proper connectors.
In the case of Toyota, mine as well most others in team-bhp , rattling was fixed free of cost under warranty.In fact they have a rattling fix kit for rattles of known parts. I thought Honda also does it that way.

And getting it done from Honda is the easiest and safest to kill the excuse of voiding the electrical warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks