Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2016, 13:37   #2521

Mine is a 6 months old Amaze diesel vx. I too had a very hard steering, hard clutch and hard gear shift till a couple of months back. Got similar feedback from Dakshin honda, Bangalore for the steering- they said it is electronic power steering and they can't do anything except probably oil change when required. I have done around 8k kms now and things have eased out a bit on all 3 areas(steering, gear, clutch).
Cheers,
Satheesh
Old 6th February 2016, 18:14   #2522
BHPian

Our Honda Amaze has a hydraulic power steering and clutch and not electric power steering .
Old 6th February 2016, 21:19   #2523
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

No, it has Electronic Power Steering (EPS) not hydraulic. In fact Hondas have one of the most over assisted steering making them lighter than required, so I am surprised that your steering is heavy.

The only possibility i can think of is that diesel engine is heavier making your steering slightly heavy. You should also check your tyre pressure and maintain it according to specs.

EPS does not have oil, it is just an electric motor, so how can dealer is wrong about oil unless they meant grease. Only hydraulic has oil.
Old 6th February 2016, 23:09   #2524

I admit I would not have paid attention to what the service advisor said- grease or oil.
I do always maintain right air pressure, I think the added heaviness is due to heavier diesel engine. I think Maruti and Hyundai diesels come with much lighter controls form day-1. My clutch was bled a couple of times till now, still my friends who drive my car complain of slightly heavier clutch, though not hard as how it used to be initially.
Old 7th February 2016, 09:56   #2525
BHPian

With my vehicle there is definitely some problem. In the service centre, myself and service centre officials checked one more vehicle parked nearby and it was way better. Infact, service centre guys agreed that my steering wheel is heavier than other amaze cars. All that they are doing until now is using lubricants to ease it up and it's doing no good.
Old 7th February 2016, 11:00   #2526
BHPian

I stand corrected . Our Honda surely has a eps steering . Apologies all around .
Old 7th February 2016, 17:06   #2527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
With my vehicle there is definitely some problem. In the service centre, myself and service centre officials checked one more vehicle parked nearby and it was way better. Infact, service centre guys agreed that my steering wheel is heavier than other amaze cars. All that they are doing until now is using lubricants to ease it up and it's doing no good.

Honda dealers and service are the most useless ones. If your EPS is harder than other diesel Amaze , then they need to change it under warranty! Just write to HONDA. Honda customer care is also useless as they have the same copy + paste answer no matter what you write.

1- Please drive other Amaze Diesel cars and check for yourself. Assuming the TD car will have more mileage on it , you can use this also for comparison
2- Tell the dealers you will write to Honda if they cannot help. Dunno what's the problem with honda dealers to help claim warranty.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 10:48   #2528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
You mentioned that it turned heavy about 3 weeks ago. A few things that could help you identify the cause of the problem:

1. Have an electrician check the voltage on the battery, alternator when the engine is running, power steering motor and ECU (I think there should be a separate one for the steering module) If they are ALL as close as possible to +12V, then I don't think you have an electrical issue. I don't think you have an alternator/battery problem since you're other electrical items are running OK.

2. Check the steering ball joints at the knuckles if they are greased properly.

3. Do you have a rattling noise when you driving over potholes/undulations? Check the steering column or rack assembly for any loose parts.

Hopefully you'll be able to find the cause in any of these things.

If not, you definitely have to complain to the dealership that the power steering motor/ECU has a problem and get it changed, under warranty.
Old 20th February 2016, 12:17   #2529
BHPian

Good call by Honda to update interiors if they do so, However, i see the car cost slightly more even though Honda will have economies of scale with this dashboard used by everyone including Mobilio and BRV. The buyers of this segment will love the updated dash and bring in some extra sales for Honda. The Chrome Grill just looks too garish though.
Old 1st March 2016, 12:50   #2530
BHPian

The facelifted Amaze arrives in 2 days, I believe the added premium which is expected to be around 15-20k is justified if Honda delivers what I believe it'll in terms of dash upgrades (hands free calls in AT trim?).

I'm hoping for a CVT box as well, although that doesn't seem likely as it's reported there are no mechanical changes coming up.
Old 7th March 2016, 22:42   #2531
Senior - BHPian

2016 Honda Amaze Facelift & CVT (Automatic) : Official Review

I just drove the Amaze CVT today, it was the top trim. The subtle upgrades make a very strong case for the Amaze and for the price, around 9.35 lakh on road for the top end CVT variant, makes for a sweet deal. By the rush in the showroom I can just tell that the Hondas are selling like hot pies! All of them!

Drive ability was good, didn't feel like a 1.2, smooth speed gains and ride quality is sumptuous to say the least. That back seat(sofa) is so comfy, I envy it over my Octavia's rear seat. Of course comfort wise, not space wise.

The driving position set to my height(179 cms) left ample knee room behind me.

CVT is smooth. Bluetooth, auto AC, new instruments from Jazz/City, a more conventional overall dashboard, everything just adds up somehow. But, I wasn't expecting the price to be this high. May be at about 9.5 lakh, you're better off with a Jazz CVT even if you pay a bit more, or may be the SV CVT trim in the City.

Those who love the new blue shade, it's a stunner, will be attracted towards it.

The dealership was already delivering the new cars today on occasion of Shivratri. But when I asked for the prices, they said they just added 35K to the old price list, their head dealer has not given them the pricing yet! Unbelievable stuff sales reps tell you these days. Indicated a waiting period of about 1 month as of now.

The S variant gets ABS but no airbags so if you want them, you have no choice but to upgrade to the SV or Vx, since the CVT is only available in S or Vx, there's not much of a choice here.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 19:28   #2532
BHPian

Went to a Honda dealer in Bhikaji Cama Place, Delhi to look for a Jazz or Amaze.
Something interesting the sales rep said was, "oil change interval for Amaze is 40,000km and service cost per KM is Rs. 0.35. Also average service cost at every service interval is ~Rs. 3,500."
Please confirm if this is true or its a bluff. Thank you.
Old 21st March 2016, 15:45   #2533
BHPian

My Dad's 2 year old Amaze's cooling coil has gone bust. Seems like the second amaze that has the same issue according to the service center. Car has not run much, should be less than 20000 KM. Details are not known yet, we need to visit the service center in the evening. He has extended warranty, so covered for now.
Old 21st March 2016, 16:18   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesj View Post
Went to a Honda dealer in Bhikaji Cama Place, Delhi to look for a Jazz or Amaze.
Something interesting the sales rep said was, "oil change interval for Amaze is 40,000km and service cost per KM is Rs. 0.35. Also average service cost at every service interval is ~Rs. 3,500."
Please confirm if this is true or its a bluff. Thank you.
This is not true. I am being advised to get my car serviced at every 10,000 kms
Alive2Drive is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 21:25   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
My Dad's 2 year old Amaze's cooling coil has gone bust. Seems like the second amaze that has the same issue according to the service center. Car has not run much, should be less than 20000 KM. Details are not known yet, we need to visit the service center in the evening. He has extended warranty, so covered for now.
The cooling coil has gone kaput. The part is not available at the dealer, so we have to wait for the component to be available. We have taken the car back as no commitment has been given on the date. Taken that it will be delayed because of Good Friday / Easter holidays.

And its no fun driving the car without AC in the hot Cochin Sun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks