Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2014, 02:36   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Hey Robi... found this for you. Getting put on my Red baby as I type this..

Awesome! The WRC bumper.
Lots of bumper kits out there including Rline, GTi, WRC. Somehow I am not too keen on losing the fog lights. Lets see.
Old 26th February 2014, 13:56   #227
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Awesome! The WRC bumper.
Lots of bumper kits out there including Rline, GTi, WRC. Somehow I am not too keen on losing the fog lights. Lets see.
Second that - the Polo fogs are actually very very good and given the poor light output of the headlamps, I would think long and hard before giving up on them.

Has anyone installed projectors for the Polo headlights ? Given our dark Gurgaon roads and high beam hooligans, its becoming a necessity.
Old 26th February 2014, 19:38   #228
BHPian

Am working on a solution for that. Tiguan/CrossPolo fogs should fit nicely behind the grill.
Old 1st March 2014, 18:42   #229
Senior - BHPian

I test drove a Polo GT TSI as a proxy for a Vento TSI the other day - it blew me away. What a fun car, I had a smile posted end-to-end on my face at the end of it. I felt like one of those prospective customers in the VW radio ad.
Old 4th March 2014, 16:08   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Are you noticing a flat spot in 3rd gear around 80kmph? Seems like the car takes forever to get to 100kmph, compared to what it takes to get to 80.
Its all too apparent and glaring! I thought something was wrong with the car but now that you mention it. Torque just flattens out. What are the possibilities of putting in a turbo with variable turbine geometry though I know these are mostly found in diesel engines. These are better performing at higher speeds.
Old 5th March 2014, 00:14   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Its all too apparent and glaring! I thought something was wrong with the car but now that you mention it. Torque just flattens out. What are the possibilities of putting in a turbo with variable turbine geometry though I know these are mostly found in diesel engines. These are better performing at higher speeds.
The BOV didnt fix this. Unintended benefit of adding the BOV appears to be better boost response when downshifting, as the boost prsssure release at the BOV reduces the wastegate duty cycle, which under normal condition does the boost reduction.

The next culprit for the flatspot in 80 to 100 is 99% the DSG torque reduction program, which instructs the engine to reduce torque output to protect the gearbox. Ideally this should be at 250NM which is the normal limit of the 7speed dq250, but in our case VW may have set this lower as a precautionary measure to lower the chances of a warranty related claims. Will have to do a VCDS block log to be sure.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 23:52   #232
BHPian

Hey Robi, I was checking out vagtune's youtube channel and found this video of your car which shows that your recently got Xenons with DRLs

can we have some pics?
harsh.m06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 17:16   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Harsh, I did get the OEM GTi headlamps but installation is not complete yet and some levelling needs to be done. I will post pictures when everything is sorted out soon.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 16:55   #234

Robi, this is my first post on the Team-BHP forum and it just had to be on the best GT TSi thread! I too am a proud owner of a mile muncher TSi. Also, your various mods have influenced me a lot. I have a few questions that I'd like to ask:

1. The Maxidot Cluster - Does it show the coolant warning light too? Is it compatible with the stock HU in the GT?
2. Indicators flashing in Emergency braking situation - What is the trigger for this function to activate? Also, can I get the same activated from the local VW dealership? An asinine kamikaze motorcyclist managed to rear end my car for no apparent reason. I think indicator flashing on emergency braking akin to the Mercedes-Benz Brake Assist Plus would help a lot.
3. For cruise control to work, apart from the LHS stalk, what else would have to modified/replaced?
Old 23rd April 2014, 01:54   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamke View Post
I have a few questions that I'd like to ask:

1. The Maxidot Cluster - Does it show the coolant warning light too? Is it compatible with the stock HU in the GT?

2. Indicators flashing in Emergency braking situation - What is the trigger for this function to activate? Also, can I get the same activated from the local VW dealership? An asinine kamikaze motorcyclist managed to rear end my car for no apparent reason. I think indicator flashing on emergency braking akin to the Mercedes-Benz Brake Assist Plus would help a lot.

3. For cruise control to work, apart from the LHS stalk, what else would have to modified/replaced?

Congratulations! Drive safe and enjoy your GT tsi to the maximum.

Coming to your questions,

Indian Polo's dont come with a coolant sensor so the coolant warning light is inevitable. But it can be disabled during installation atleast in my cluster. So its not an issue.
Regarding compatibility with the system, it will work with stock system but you wont get phonebook and BT music info in the cluster with the stock RCD 320.

Indicator flashing on emergency braking is an VCDS option which can be activated easily. I assume VW dealership can do it with their VAS software if they are willing. Otherwise you need to find someone in your area with VCDS to activate it.

The Polo sold here comes with a basic BCM(body control module) so you need to change that to a highline model along with the stalk to get Cruise control. In my Skoda Laura, I got CC by just changing the stalk but apparently its not that easy in the Polo. Having said that, its hardly useful in Indian conditions and not worth the hassle unless you are planning further mods like AFS headlamps, autoparking etc.

UPDATE: The OEM Gti bixenon headlamp installation is complete and its brilliant. The cornering light function and AFS levelling isnt working yet but would work once the module/sensors are installed. The light throw is awesome and bixenon flashing is addictive.

The video posted before is not the same unit as the one I finally got installed. Earlier one had some levelling issues. I will put up fresh images and video soon.

Vagtune did the installation.

Also got the Supersprint stainless steel catback exhaust installed. It has improved the low end performance but sound wise its not that loud since its resonated. Awaiting the downpipe to really unleash the maximum power. Got the exhaust from Pete's, the guys there did a brilliant installation as usual and since the sound was not as expected Peter gave it to me for free.

Another thing I got is the OSRAM LED ambient interior light kit. It was a simple DIY installation. I procured it from powerbulbs.com when they were running a 25% discount offer. It can be installed in any car and the color/brightness of the light units can be changed with a remote. Its entirely wireless. Check out video in OSRAM's site.

Last edited by robimahanta : 23rd April 2014 at 01:59.
robimahanta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:20   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Congratulations! Drive safe and enjoy your GT tsi to the maximum.

Coming to your questions,

Indian Polo's dont come with a coolant sensor so the coolant warning light is inevitable. But it can be disabled during installation atleast in my cluster. So its not an issue.
Did you disbale it via vcds after installation or did you get that fix that vagtune is charging an extra 6k for?
Also was the installation done in the vw service centre or did you get the modded cluster that makes it a plug n play without requiring online adaptation?

Great mods btw!! feel like ordering a gt tsi just so that i can have new pet project!!
Old 25th April 2014, 08:29   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Did you disbale it via vcds after installation or did you get that fix that vagtune is charging an extra 6k for?
Also was the installation done in the vw service centre or did you get the modded cluster that makes it a plug n play without requiring online adaptation?

Great mods btw!! feel like ordering a gt tsi just so that i can have new pet project!!

Vinj

Mine was one of the first few clusters installed for Indian Polo so had to get it installed at VW dealership since server access was required. The coolant sensor error was later corrected by VAGTune but did not charge for it as I was initially promised an error free installation. Nowadays, VAGTune is doing the installation of modded cluster hence VW online adaptation is not required.
Old 3rd May 2014, 20:00   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Yep, mine (September '13) does have a Made in Spain spare rim.

Attachment 1211065
hi
Just noticed it a few days ago while the car was at the service centre; sorry could not take any pictures; but my january 2014 vento TSi comes with alloys “ made in poland” .
Also unfortunately the vento TSi does not get a spare alloy
Old 18th May 2014, 19:19   #239
BANNED

hi robi,

was going through yours and prithwi's thread. i should have my gt tsi coming soon. in preparation for the mods i'm doing my research by reading both the excellent threads. I have a query in regards to the replacement steering with the Paddle Shifters.

Somewhere in one of the threads i read that you have the GTi Steering and prithwi has the R-Line Steering. Are these two separate from each other ? If so then would you know in what ways ?

Also does your GTi steering have more of a chance for the airbags to work versus the R-Line steering as mentioned somewhere in yours or i think in prithwi's thread ?

The GTi steering also seems to have buttons on the right side. Could you also tell us what are the buttons on the right side used for ?

Thanks and keep the good work going...

Last edited by rana_kirti : 18th May 2014 at 19:48.
Old 27th May 2014, 02:09   #240
BHPian

Both steering are exactly the same. Just different badging and different stitching.
The right hand buttons are for the MaxiDot Highline display control. not of much use if ur using the standard polo cluster..

Robi sir.. video of exhaust please

I hear automechs is making a catless exhaust for our cars. I've ordered a set (pretty cheap 11k without muffler or resonator or CAT). Lets hope pete can get the Decat map finalized fast. I hear he's doing some testing on it still.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks