Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 23:46   #166
BHPian

Nice.. got the cluster installed too. Only issue is the coolant level sensor light. Works brilliantly otherwise.
Old 5th October 2013, 00:11   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Nice.. got the cluster installed too. Only issue is the coolant level sensor light. Works brilliantly otherwise.
Nice. Hope you got it sorted out. I don't know why VW does this kind of cost cutting. I would have got the cluster but I find any error lights very distracting while driving so waiting till things get sorted out before going for it. I hate the IRVM in the polo too, they could easily given an auto dimming mirror like the european polo.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 03:09   #168
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Nice. Hope you got it sorted out. I don't know why VW does this kind of cost cutting. I would have got the cluster but I find any error lights very distracting while driving so waiting till things get sorted out before going for it. I hate the IRVM in the polo too, they could easily given an auto dimming mirror like the european polo.
Yes the IRVM does really suck!! Fortunately they give a decent RHS ORVM, unlike our Skoda's.

Getting my R-Line Badges and Footrest installed tomorrow. I've a line on how to fix the error without installing the sensor and hacking up the wiring harness. will give it a try tomorrow.
Old 6th October 2013, 01:18   #169
BHPian

Hey Rob,

I'm pretty sure I saw your car at Forum Mall earlier this evening. Looking sexy as hell. Nice work on the seat covers, the sparco wheels really complement the looks as do the new Euro-style rear lights.

I was 99% intent on getting a white TSI, but thanks to you black is again in the running... ugh.. :P
shefiu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 22:13   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
Hey Rob, I'm pretty sure I saw your car at Forum Mall earlier this evening. Looking sexy as hell. Nice work on the seat covers, the sparco wheels really complement the looks as do the new Euro-style rear lights. I was 99% intent on getting a white TSI, but thanks to you black is again in the running... ugh.. :P
Go for it! A lot of my friends have picked it up. But you will definitely end up spending some more money modding it.
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:50   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Go for it! A lot of my friends have picked it up. But you will definitely end up spending some more money modding it.
That's what I'm worried about. I'm pushing the purchase to next year and probably put in an early booking for the 2014 model. Guess that means 6 months till I get the car at the minimum. That's okay, I save wisely until then and have a specific budget for mods, possibly purchase a few before the car arrives and hopefully save some money swapping them out!

Looks like no other hatch is gonna satisfy me, that's until the 2 series launches. Then its a whole different ball game in a different price range :P
Old 6th November 2013, 22:50   #172
BHPian

Give us updates robi... heheheh.. we are dying to hear the exhaust!!
Old 8th November 2013, 00:12   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Give us updates robi... heheheh.. we are dying to hear the exhaust!!
Nothing much to update. Been quite busy with work and travel. The car has done close to 5000KMs and is a joy to drive. I will be driving down to Kerala towards the end of this month and some updates/mods are planned. The exhaust is yet to arrive as the Supersprint guys are delaying it for some technical issues.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 14:17   #174
BHPian

I think robi, prithwi and a few other team-bhp members need to start a "modified TSi" thread enlisting all the different modifications, prolly updating the post each time a new mod has been added.

Onestopshop for modders and future potential modders like myself.

I don't even have the car and I'm already dreaming up mods everyday!

Keep up the great work guys.
shefiu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 19:04   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Time for an update:

The stock brakes have a slightly spongy feel especially after getting used to the insane stopping power of the Tarox 6 Pot system in my Laura. Whatever VCDS settings I tried didnt help much either.
So ended up getting the G88 Tarox rotors with pads for the front hoping to increase the bite a little. I went through a lot of options like getting the octavia rear disc kit/ importing a vw rear disc kit but all these turned out to be too expensive for performance boost it provided.
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm9138.jpg

Next, is the Maxidot instrument cluster which integrates nicely with the BT module and the RCD510 system. Its not the blue line one and looks exactly the same as the stock cluster but it has a analog oil temp (which is missing in the stock polo) and fuel gauge. The whole setup with the chrome lined dials gives an upmarket feel to the cabin.

Phone integration
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm9141.jpg

Music integration
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm9145.jpg

Door ajar
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm9146.jpg

Finally, dimming/heated ORVMs with LED turn indicators

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm9149.jpg

video link showing the indicators

The car next to the beach
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-_dsm8870.jpg

Last edited by robimahanta : 21st November 2013 at 19:28.
robimahanta is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 22:59   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Time for an update:

Finally, dimming/heated ORVMs with LED turn indicators

Attachment 1169377
Are those OEM? I would think aftermarket... Could you PM me the cost please? Now that the Octavia is out, I believe those ORVMs could be retrofitted on the Polo. What are your thoughts on that?

The car just keeps getting better!
Old 24th November 2013, 15:03   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
Are those OEM? I would think aftermarket... Could you PM me the cost please? Now that the Octavia is out, I believe those ORVMs could be retrofitted on the Polo. What are your thoughts on that? The car just keeps getting better!
Yes these are aftermarket. A lot of different brands are a available. As for the new octavia mirrors I have no idea but even if it fits the polo it will be quite expensive.
I cant seem to send a PM to you as you are in a Newbie status.
Old 24th November 2013, 16:15   #178

Quote:
Yes these are aftermarket. A lot of different brands are a available. As for the new octavia mirrors I have no idea but even if it fits the polo it will be quite expensive. I cant seem to send a PM to you as you are in a Newbie status.

Robi, even I would appreciate the brand and cost details. They look awesome.

Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 17:48   #179
BHPian

Are you sure the dimming and heating function is activated? I know they have the capability but as far as I know our Polos don't have the required wiring. Please do confirm with the installer. I believe the outer half is convex and good to cover those blind spots!
Old 24th November 2013, 18:33   #180
Team-BHP Support

Rob, sweet work esp. on the maxidot instrument cluster upgrade!

Have you changed the radio antenna to the sharkfin type a la the Jetta? Have you got the dead pedal installed yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks