Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2014, 10:32   #211
BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TSI Dual Horn or Single Horn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Congrats on the Polo Tsi. VW has done some further cost cutting on the new Polo Tsi's. I have seen that the new cars come with single horn, different tyres, cheaper alloys etc.

Thanks for the info buddy, However I feel the alloys on my car are the same as other TSI's correct me if am wrong.

As to Cost cutting on a car where they are charging a bomb is just not right. I got My car on road for little less than 10L Which I feel is too steep already and I was willing to pay the premium solely for the DSG.

Now lets see the I20, It comes with insane amount of tech like Rain sensing wipers, Auto lamps, rear view Camera,Auto Folding Mirrors, Day time running lamps etc etc of course except DSG! its still priced lower than GT TSI. Also look at ford Fiesta DSG that too is a good buy may be 80K more but u get a sedan! Now in such a scenario what's the need to cut corners by VW I don't understand. If you ask me they should keep the same price and introduce the New feature rich POLO released in Germany last month ASAP Neways looks like I need to get the New horn and engine guard installed too. Thanks for the info guys!

Cheers
Old 18th February 2014, 10:46   #212
Team-BHP Support

re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!

I had a quick spin in Robi's TSI. The Bilsteins make it a hoot to drive, coupled with the DSG, you literally need to point and squirt. Unlike my Jetta with a heavy mill over the front wheels, this tight little black number will be a hoot in towns.

36000km done and still tight as a nut
ajmat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 14:17   #213
Senior - BHPian

36000 in like a little over 6 months. It averages like 170-200 km/day. Even more surprising is there is another TSI beast at home. Too much love for the car.
Old 18th February 2014, 16:57   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
Now lets see the I20, It comes with insane amount of tech like Rain sensing wipers, Auto lamps, rear view Camera,Auto Folding Mirrors, Day time running lamps etc etc of course except DSG! its still priced lower than GT TSI. Also look at ford Fiesta DSG that too is a good buy may be 80K more but u get a sedan! Now in such a scenario what's the need to cut corners by VW I don't understand. If you ask me they should keep the same price and introduce the New feature rich POLO released in Germany last month ASAP Neways looks like I need to get the New horn and engine guard installed too. Thanks for the info guys!

Cheers
Well auto lights/ wipers/ DRLs are just fancy stuff which doesn't enhance the driving experience in any way. Try to drive a hyundai in the ghats in a spirited manner and you will realize how drastic the difference is when compared to a polo. Coming to the alloys, till August VW were giving imported alloys but now they are giving imitation alloys. They look exactly the same but there is a difference in quality. Earlier they were charging almost 15K per alloy but now its 18K for a set of four. Do you think VW is selling alloys at a loss now? I dont think so.

Well its been almost 9 months with the car and finally managed to get some VBOX runs (with regular fuel and two heavy guys in the car). Thanks to bhpian azeemhafiz for getting the perfect shifts and managing a sub 7 sec sprint to 80kph. I feel with 97 octane fuel and losing some weight in the car, a sub 10 sec dash to 100 is possible.

Another thing to note is that the remapped car reaches the top speed way faster than the stock car.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-polo-vbox.jpg  

Last edited by robimahanta : 18th February 2014 at 16:59.
robimahanta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 19:44   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

0 - 80 : 6.92s
0 - 100: 10.14s

Why so much difference between 80 and 100?
And this is with remap or stock?
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 20:33   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Coming to the alloys, till August VW were giving imported alloys but now they are giving imitation alloys. They look exactly the same but there is a difference in quality.
Anyway to find out if I'm running imported ones or imitation ones?
Old 18th February 2014, 20:40   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Coming to the alloys, till August VW were giving imported alloys but now they are giving imitation alloys. They look exactly the same but there is a difference in quality. Earlier they were charging almost 15K per alloy but now its 18K for a set of four. Do you think VW is selling alloys at a loss now? I dont think so.
Are the dealers doing this without VW knowing? How can they reduce the cost of the car by roughly 50k and not translate this to savings for the customer?

Last edited by shefiu : 18th February 2014 at 20:43. Reason: mistake in calculations
Old 19th February 2014, 14:07   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
Are the dealers doing this without VW knowing? How can they reduce the cost of the car by roughly 50k and not translate this to savings for the customer?
Its called cost optimization through better sourcing. By law, they dont need to reduce the price. What they would rather project is they have reduced cost of spares and accesories. As a buyers, obviously, we want to see price reductions; but that is not likely to happen.

What remains interesting is how much savings are manufacturers going to pass to consumers with the recent excise duty cut.
Old 19th February 2014, 18:11   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Well auto lights/ wipers/ DRLs are just fancy stuff which doesn't enhance the driving experience in any way. Try to drive a hyundai in the ghats in a spirited manner and you will realize how drastic the difference is when compared to a polo. Coming to the alloys, till August VW were giving imported alloys but now they are giving imitation alloys. They look exactly the same but there is a difference in quality. Earlier they were charging almost 15K per alloy but now its 18K for a set of four. Do you think VW is selling alloys at a loss now? I dont think so..
Hey Robi,

Wow that's news to me, I didn't know the alloys are different nowdays in quality, This make me feel even more worse! LOL First the Single horn in my car then I had the door rattling Issue add to that the excise duty cut news and now this info. Buyers remorse is setting in way faster in this case!!

But I totally agree with ya in terms of drivability this car rocks and nothing comes close!!I had a Honda City Vtec type 2 and this car comes very close to that in handling. But I still feel they Should launch the NEW POLO soon at the same price without cutting on projected features that's when it will be a Catch!
Old 19th February 2014, 23:37   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a Dyno at RRP today for the Polo. The guys there had a tough time getting a decent plot as the dsg kept downshifting (even on tiptronic/paddles).

Among the few runs we got, the best was 97/98hp to the wheels with 190/195 Nm torque. This was with regular fuel though. Considering 15-20% transmission loss this should be close to 120hp/225Nm at the crank.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-polodynoplot.jpg  

robimahanta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 13:21   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Well auto lights/ wipers/ DRLs are just fancy stuff which doesn't enhance the driving experience in any way. Try to drive a hyundai in the ghats in a spirited manner and you will realize how drastic the difference is when compared to a polo. Coming to the alloys, till August VW were giving imported alloys but now they are giving imitation alloys. They look exactly the same but there is a difference in quality. Earlier they were charging almost 15K per alloy but now its 18K for a set of four. Do you think VW is selling alloys at a loss now? I dont think so.

Well its been almost 9 months with the car and finally managed to get some VBOX runs (with regular fuel and two heavy guys in the car). Thanks to bhpian azeemhafiz for getting the perfect shifts and managing a sub 7 sec sprint to 80kph. I feel with 97 octane fuel and losing some weight in the car, a sub 10 sec dash to 100 is possible.

Another thing to note is that the remapped car reaches the top speed way faster than the stock car.
See what I mean about the dead spot between 80 to 100.. odd isnt it. Its there on the stock tune, and gets amplified in the remap as 60 comes up even faster. Symptoms either of compressor surge blowback as the car lacks a bypass valve leading to torque reduction, or dsg torque reduction program kicking in... Have ordered the forge bov kit from Petes. If its comprssor surge, the bov should get rid of it, and the best part is that the car is MAP sensor, so no running rich due to vent to atmosphere unlike our MAF based Laura TSI's. If its DSG torque redution, then we will need a dsg flash.
prithwi-81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 17:14   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
Anyway to find out if I'm running imported ones or imitation ones?
Most of the polo GT Tsi's get european alloys with a machined mirror finish while the regular 1.2 Highline Polos are getting replica alloys which are painted. I am not sure about the GT Tdi's. Also does the GT Tdi come with a spare alloy like the Gt Tsi or is the stepney a steel rim?

GT Tsi Alloy

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-pologttsialloy.jpg

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-poloalloyspain.jpg

1.2 Petrol Polo highline alloys

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-poloindianalloys.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
See what I mean about the dead spot between 80 to 100.. odd isnt it. Its there on the stock tune, and gets amplified in the remap as 60 comes up even faster. Symptoms either of compressor surge blowback as the car lacks a bypass valve leading to torque reduction, or dsg torque reduction program kicking in... Have ordered the forge bov kit from Petes. If its comprssor surge, the bov should get rid of it, and the best part is that the car is MAP sensor, so no running rich due to vent to atmosphere unlike our MAF based Laura TSI's. If its DSG torque redution, then we will need a dsg flash.
Let me know if there is a tangible difference post installation of the Forge kit. By the way, Supersprint SS catback exhaust has been installed in a couple of polo tsi's but the difference is minimal and the sound enhancement is non-existent. Still awaiting the downpipe from Supersprint.
robimahanta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 20:06   #223
BHPian

Cat back wont give you any gains.. mebbe 5hp max which you wont even feel.. Real gains are always from decatting the downpipe. Just that with a proper tune can give you anything from 20-30hp alone. On our cars which are remapped, we should see about 20 hp gains plus faster boost response, and smooth reevving. The turbo is a tiny unit and the manifold is small with the hot side of the compressor sitting almost on top of the exhaust ports. After a point it will start choking the engine especially with the SOHC head. Sigh, wish we had gotten the ea211 DOHC motor.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 21:14   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am not sure about the GT Tdi's. Also does the GT Tdi come with a spare alloy like the Gt Tsi or is the stepney a steel rim?
Yep, mine (September '13) does have a Made in Spain spare rim.

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-wp_20140223_21_15_08_pro.jpg

Btw good catch there Robi!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 01:25   #225
BHPian

Hey Robi... found this for you. Getting put on my Red baby as I type this..
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-1393357546291.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks