Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:31   #196
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Hey Vinj! No I am not getting any errors after the cluster upgrade. Initially some errors were there as the VW guys did not code properly but everything was removed with VCDS.

As for the front sensors, I may retrofit the GTi bumper kit soon, hence not getting the sensors installed now.
Hey Rob, what other errors did you encounter apart from the oil temp gauge error?

Also - going on a tangent here - any idea what the weight of the original alloys are vs the borbets with/without tyres. What are the original vs current offsets?

This thread is quickly becoming (if not already) the go to thread for Polo TSi current and future owners!
Old 4th December 2013, 11:40   #197

Hi robi,

i got a gli steering and was wondering if i could install it myself? as you have said in your post its a plug n play.

thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 20:54   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Shefiu, I had some ESP/ABS errors as the coding was faulty. But it was sorted by Sugesh with VCDS. As for the wheels, I am not really sure but will find out and let you know soon

Leo, Steering swap is an easy job only if you know what you are doing. A screw is bit hard to reach but the rest of the process is pretty simple. I am not that great in DIY mechanical stuff hence let the guys at Petes install it.
Old 5th December 2013, 15:42   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Rulez View Post
i got a gli steering and was wondering if i could install it myself? as you have said in your post its a plug n play.

thanks
IMHO not a wise idea to do such a thing. Please get it done by professionals.
Old 8th December 2013, 15:40   #200
BHPian

Hey Rob,

Yep I've got more questions for you and by the look of things I may get banned from this thread.

The RCD510 installed, is that a Delphi? I believe Blaupunkt (earlier Bosch) also do the units but the layout seem a little different between the brands.

I've read on the interwebs that it supports up to a maximum of 2048 music files on the SD card, could you confirm this?

Finally. I'm a real nitpick but shouldnt the unit be sitting flush with the bezel? It seems to have sunk in (however slightly).

Thanks!
Old 9th December 2013, 01:53   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
Hey Rob,
The RCD510 installed, is that a Delphi? I believe Blaupunkt (earlier Bosch) also do the units but the layout seem a little different between the brands.

The RCD510 I got is made in Portugal. I am not sure whether its the Delphi or Bosch unit. There are Chinese versions but they lack the BT phone menu and support. Blaupunkt makes the Philadelphia 835 which is Canbus compatible to VAG cars but I did not like the interface. Its made is China as well (if that matters)

I've read on the interwebs that it supports up to a maximum of 2048 music files on the SD card, could you confirm this?

I hardly use SD card music as I am mostly streaming podcasts through BT or using the 6 CD changer. So I am not aware of the song limit.

Finally. I'm a real nitpick but shouldnt the unit be sitting flush with the bezel? It seems to have sunk in (however slightly).

Its a plug and play unit with no extra surrounding casing so thats the way it comes from the factory. I am not sure where you find it to be sunk in, is it the screen or the outer edge.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 13:04   #202
BHPian

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the late reply and wish all here a Happy & Blessed New Year.

After sitting in my uncle's TSi I realised that there is a "dip" surrounding the unit. This would need light to be captured on camera otherwise giving the unit a "sunken" feeling.

Another thing. There are contradicting info on the interwebs that the European version of the RCD 510 has two buttons on either side of the cd slot. I'll source an image and try to upload them on here.

Btw, did you get around to installing the skirt kit?
Old 31st January 2014, 16:17   #203
BHPian

Great thread Robi! Really awesome mods, I must say.

Could you share price and purchase details for the GTI tail lights?

Thanks!
Old 1st February 2014, 02:16   #204
BHPian

Are you noticing a flat spot in 3rd gear around 80kmph? Seems like the car takes forever to get to 100kmph, compared to what it takes to get to 80.
Old 1st February 2014, 03:01   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Are you noticing a flat spot in 3rd gear around 80kmph? Seems like the car takes forever to get to 100kmph, compared to what it takes to get to 80.
Likewise prithwi-81 as we discussed the other day - the stop gap solution is to use tiptronic to change gears and move to another rpm zone.
Old 9th February 2014, 11:27   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Thats true. The car does seem to take a lot of time from 80-100. I will try to get some 0-100 runs soon and keep you posted. I have a VBOX Sport (Racelogic), so it should be pretty accurate.
http://www.vboxmotorsport.co.uk/inde...ers/vbox-sport

A sample 0-80 run in the polo. Launching the car and finding a decent stretch of road to do the runs is an issue.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-vbox-polo.jpg  

robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 17:48   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Some images from a recent early morning outing with friends.

4 Polos together and all petrols .

A grey 1.6 and 3 GT Tsi's.

Thanks to bhpians Unknownsatan and Speedkills for the pictures and for organizing the drive.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-img_2881ed.jpg  

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-img_2872ed.jpg  

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-img_2936ed.jpg  

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-polo-pan.jpg  

robimahanta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 17:44   #208
BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TSI Dual Horn or Single Horn?

Hi Guys,

Got the delivery of My polo GT TSI and its a fab car to drive. Am not new to automatics as I already have a Civic Auto at home. Having said that the GT TSI is a different league altogether with its rock solid handling and DSG Unit! the Gear Changes are super fast and All in All I love the car and I need not write a review as enough has been said about the car. However I faced a peculiar issue with the car here it is :

The Test Drive TSI I drove had dual horn, When I say Dual its High tone and low tone Air horns. basically 2 Horns working together. It was sounding great, When My TSI was delivered, in the excitement I did not check the Horn and even during PDI, I did not check but once car came home I realised there are no 2 Horns just one horn the Low tone one. I had a doubt some one stole my horn in the Dealership as I took the car late by a week.

Next morning I went to Rajajinagar Service centre of Palace Cross Bangalore and I met the Service advisor Mr Rahul about it. He said Some TSI's come with dual horn and some with Single horn!! I could not believe the explanation and asked him to add one more horn to my car for which he said there is provision to add but I will have to pay 3K!! this is just too much..

So I want to know from you guys if your car has 2 Horns or Single horn! please do let me know.

I find it strange as the base model of POLO has dual Horn and the most expensive POLO has single horn. I feel ripped off here from Volkswagen!

Also Attaching pictures of My GT TSI raised on the ramp Never saw any pics of this on TBHP so sharing them. Note there is no engine cover for TSI, The reason given to me is that TSI heats up a lot and Hence no Engine cover provided for this car!
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-tb1.jpg  

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-tb2.jpg  

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi EDIT: Sold!-tb3.jpg  

Shai100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 20:01   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
Hi Guys,

So I want to know from you guys if your car has 2 Horns or Single horn! please do let me know.

Note there is no engine cover for TSI, The reason given to me is that TSI heats up a lot and Hence no Engine cover provided for this car!
Congrats on the Polo Tsi. VW has done some further cost cutting on the new Polo Tsi's. I have seen that the new cars come with single horn, different tyres, cheaper alloys etc.

As for the engine/sump guard its not present but I dont buy their heat build story as the Laura Tsi's have it. I believe forum member rohan_shetty has installed an engine cover for his polo tsi at the vw dealership.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 08:30   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
As for the engine/sump guard its not present but I dont buy their heat build story as the Laura Tsi's have it. I believe forum member rohan_shetty has installed an engine cover for his polo tsi at the vw dealership.
After hearing many horror stores(regarding the sump oil leakage because of the under body hit), I had decided to put the undercover.
Did some research on the same, and found the following
- Currently under body cover(called as sump guard) is only available for the TDI engines.
- TDI vehicles have the mounting points(holes) for installing the sump guard. Where as petrol engines do not have these mount points
- Dealer also told me that TDI sump(oil tanks) and TSi(or 1.2l NA petrol) sumps are made using different materials. Petrol sumps are made of stronger material, so they do not need sump guards. I am NOT very sure about this.

I have got the the sump guards installed in my vehicle
- Installation procedure: You would need couple of holes drilled on the bottom of the chasis
- Costed around 10K
Please refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3313272
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks