Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2015, 19:53   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
The injector cleaner makes a difference. I use it on my long highway drives. It's expensive but it works. The car had become more silent after adding the injector cleaner. I guess it's made in Japan.
Ohh, does it really? Thanks for the feedback . Do you recollect the brand name and is the quoted price of Rs 1500/- correct for the 250 ml bottle? May be I can give it a try prior to a long trip.

Edit: A strange but pleasant thing happened today. As I had to leave my Innova at the service centre till tomorrow, my B-I-L had come to pick me up. He brought my trusty old workhorse, Indica. He offered me to drive it, but I preferred to be in the passenger seat. On reaching home I had to take my Dad to the hospital. Since I was car-less my B-I-L offered me to keep the Indica for two days, till my Innova comes back. I then ferried Dad to the hospital and dropped my B-I-L to his home. Now that is what can be called as, "I am having my cake and eating it too".

Last edited by AutoIndian : 31st January 2015 at 20:06.
Old 31st January 2015, 20:40   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Do you recollect the brand name and is the quoted price of Rs 1500/- correct for the 250 ml bottle? May be I can give it a try prior to a long trip.
IIRC, 3M too has some such thing that needs to be added in a full tank of diesel and used every 2 months.

Though I haven't tried it yet on either my Ritz or Swift, still in thinking process whether to use it or no.

There is a thread already running on this topic. Do go through it!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 21:48   #123
BHPian

It's a silver aluminium bottle. It's different from 3m products for the fact that this is developed by Toyota itself. So you can be assured of your engine not getting damaged.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 07:44   #124
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to share with you one more thing. As you might be aware, the previous owner of my car handed over to me just one remote key. The spare key is with him, but not traceable. Yesterday I asked the SA what is the cost of making a duplicate remote key. I was like on hearing the money involved. The programmable key costs a whopping 13K and takes 15 days to be delivered once ordered. I don't know what is so great in that key to price it this exhorbitantly high. I am going to pursue with my previous owner to hunt for the spare key.
Old 1st February 2015, 09:43   #125
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need your help. This is the first time I am getting my Innova serviced at a Toyota dealership. Any precautions, checklist to be followed while taking the delivery of the car? I know Toyota has a robust process and they would take care of everything, however Innova and other Toyota car owners who have already had first hand experience, if you can share your findings that will be really great.
Old 1st February 2015, 10:06   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need your help. This is the first time I am getting my Innova serviced at a Toyota dealership. Any precautions, checklist to be followed while taking the delivery of the car? I know Toyota has a robust process and they would take care of everything, however Innova and other Toyota car owners who have already had first hand experience, if you can share your findings that will be really great.

Nothing unusual just the normal stuff. If you like the service advisor then note down his no. and go to him only for any problem. I haven't changed my service adviser since the last 4 years. So now he knows my car inside out.
Just call him and ensure everything is done before you leave for the service centre. They might increase/decrease the tyre pressure to the rated one.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 10:13   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing to worry ,Toyota has a very strict quality policy. If you face any niggles or issues make sure you communicate it with your service adviser and it will be duly taken care of. Like any other garage they may try and push useless coatings and additives feel free to decline them all. After the service please share the details of the work done and the cost of the overall service if you don't mind.
girimajiananth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 11:30   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Take the SA's number and keep it for future reference.

Take the car post service with the regular checks you would do regularly.

Nothing big to worry IMO as it is Toyota. Had it been Skoda/VW you would have got points as precautions.
Old 1st February 2015, 17:14   #129
Senior - BHPian

Just now I am back after experiencing the world class Toyota Service. My Black Workhorse feels so much elated and refreshed after visiting its clinic. It is standing all smiles in its stable now.

Total damage to the pocket = Rs 7434.00

However I am absolutely satisfied with the way the work was carried out and then explained to me later. I was called one hour before the committed delivery time of 04:00pm today. I reached there @ 03:30pm and the car was ready for delivery at the entrance, spic-span and shining

Some pictures of the charges and the culprit for rattling noise, the faulty hinges. As a part of recall the Spiral Cable Fld Kit of my car was replaced under warranty, absolutely free of charge. I wonder which other car manufacturer would replace a faulty part 3 years after the expiry of standard warranty, two thumbs up to Toyota.

Spiral Cable Fld Kit
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-spiral-cable-fld-kit.jpg

Part and Labor Charges

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-part-labor-charges.jpg

Hinge Painting Charges

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-hinge-painting-charges.jpg

The faulty hinge

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-faulty-hinge.jpg

Two pairs of faulty hinges
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-two-pairs-faulty-hinges.jpg

My observations during the 17 km drive from service station to home:
  • Absolutely no rattles whatsoever from both right side doors
  • Brakes have got their bite back and brakes get applied with a feather touch on the brake pedal
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 00:46   #130
BHPian

Am I reading it correctly that the cost of replacement of rear and front brakes was less than 1000. Or was this just servicing of the brakes of some sort. If its replacement I am amazed since the cost for my civic is close to 14k.

Quote:
Just now I am back after experiencing the world class Toyota Service. My Black Workhorse feels so much elated and refreshed after visiting its clinic. It is standing all smiles in its stable now.

Total damage to the pocket = Rs 7434.00

However I am absolutely satisfied with the way the work was carried out and then explained to me later. I was called one hour before the committed delivery time of 04:00pm today. I reached there @ 03:30pm and the car was ready for delivery at the entrance, spic-span and shining

Some pictures of the charges and the culprit for rattling noise, the faulty hinges. As a part of recall the Spiral Cable Fld Kit of my car was replaced under warranty, absolutely free of charge. I wonder which other car manufacturer would replace a faulty part 3 years after the expiry of standard warranty, two thumbs up to Toyota.

Spiral Cable Fld Kit
Attachment 1335183

Part and Labor Charges

Attachment 1335184

Hinge Painting Charges

Attachment 1335185

The faulty hinge

Attachment 1335186

Two pairs of faulty hinges
Attachment 1335187

My observations during the 17 km drive from service station to home:
  • Absolutely no rattles whatsoever from both right side doors
  • Brakes have got their bite back and brakes get applied with a feather touch on the brake pedal
Old 2nd February 2015, 08:41   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshiviv View Post
Am I reading it correctly that the cost of replacement of rear and front brakes was less than 1000. Or was this just servicing of the brakes of some sort. If its replacement I am amazed since the cost for my civic is close to 14k.
No you read it incorrectly. The two items related to brakes are:
  • 473301 - FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD - BOTH SIDES - R&R (meaning repair and servicing) costing Rs 227.53 and
  • 472021 - REAR BRAKE SHOE ASSEMBLY - BOTH SIDES - R&R (meaning repair and servicing) costing Rs 409.55
So both front and rear brakes servicing totalling Rs 637.08

The front two brake pad replacement was done at 40K kms in June-2013. That time it had costed Rs 3936.38. Since Innova has rear drum brakes, these are self adjusting and do not require replacement until completely worn out.

I guess your Honda Civic comes with all round disc drakes. So all four disc brake pads must be replaced when worn out. Compared to Innova it definitely seems to be costlier.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 09:20   #132
Senior - BHPian

For those of you who do not want to look trouble your eyes looking at the above invoices with a magnifying glass I have put the labor and part charges in my Innova Log. Pasting below an extract from that log for convinience.

Highlights:
Regular 55K servicing costed around 2.4K
RHS door hinges replacement, painting, applying glass sealant, trim cable fixing costed around 5K

Moral: Regular servicing is quite reasonable, but spare parts repalcement burn a bigger hole on your pocket

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-55k-labor-part-charges.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 2nd February 2015 at 09:22.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:29   #133
Senior - BHPian

Just now got a call from DSK Toyota about service feedback. The lady on the other side was asking about the rating (on a scale of 1-10) for car washing, complaints addressed, body/paint work etc. I gave a rating of 10/10 for all the above aspects. I however raised one concern. I had booked for express maintenance and was expecting the car to be delivered back to me with 3-4 hours, however I had to leave my car at the workshop overnight for fixing new hinges and I was promised delivery next day @ 04:00pm. When I asked for a drop facility to my home, I was told that there was a shuttle service available till Model Colony and I cannot be dropped at my home in Chinchwad. I mentioned that this thing was unplanned and Toyota should provide a drop facility incase the car is kept at workshop overnight or more time than the initial estimate.

The lady has registered my feedback and assured me that appropriate action will be taken on this. She asked if I was given an accurate extimate of the servicing cost. I told that I was given an estimate of Rs 5K, but the actual bill was for 7.4K. The GLASS SEALANT WITH PRIMER for Rs 1350/- was not considered earlier. However I did mentioned that the SA had called me and taken my permission for this replacement.

Overall feeling very satisfied with the service. Hope they do action on my feedback.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 08:57   #134
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends, yesterday evening I received a call from DSK Toyota informing me that the part I had ordered (driver seat height adjustment knob) has arrived and they asked me when I would like to fix an appointment to get it fitted. I told that I can come on Monday (i.e. today) @ 11:30am.

Another observatoin I had yesterday was that my RHS front mud flap was not in place. I could see the two screws in place, but not the mud flap. Now I could not ascertain whether it got dislodged by hitting a bump or uneven road surface or it was taken off for door removal during my 55K service. I called the SA from DSK Toyota and asked him whether the part was removed during 55K service and it was forgotten to be fitted back. He replied that when the car was left for service it had only three mud flaps. But if I was about to buy his argument then this should have been noted in the job card, which was not done. So I have a reason to believe that it was removed during the service and not fitted back. He has anyways informed me that he would be searching for that in the workshop.

Unfortunately it would be difficult for me to buy just one mud-flap as it comes in a set of 4 . Lets see what happens when I visit the workshop today @ 11:30am. Will keep you posted.
Old 9th February 2015, 11:52   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Now I could not ascertain whether it got dislodged by hitting a bump or uneven road surface or it was taken off for door removal during my 55K service.

Unfortunately it would be difficult for me to buy just one mud-flap as it comes in a set of 4.
Look at your trip pictures from recent times post 55K service if you can see that the mud flap is there or no.

Hopefully Toyota will not resort to such cheap tricks. But I guess they forgot to re-install post the service.

Can you see any scratches around the mud flap area or any kind of 'shearing off' mark on the bolts like indicating that it was lost after a hit to some bump/pothole.

Do look at accident vehicles in the ASC and get the mud flap from there. It'll be a costly affair to buy all 4 again. Do keep us updated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks