Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 00:09   #76
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Looks like launch around Diwali, is that right as per info others have?
Per my sales rep, it is a November launch!
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 00:45   #77
BHPian

Ford Endeavour spotted undisguised in Chennai

LionX is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 00:50   #78
BHPian

Nice looking beast indeed! I hate it when they always try to bring down costs for India :( Those 20 inch wheels would have been a real deal stealer.

Definitely looks better than the Fortuner in my opinion, and the interiors look top notch and well thought of.
Old 15th September 2015, 02:31   #79
BHPian

From the comment section, it looks like most people want all the features that the new endeavour is offering and wants it to be priced atleast a lakh below the main competitor to be a success.

So when they give a bare bone car, we complaint. When they give a feature loaded car, we still want it to be priced a lakh below the bare bone competitor.

On a separate note, can anyone please tell me why this cannot be compared to Prado but fortuner as far as features are concerned.

Regards,
LoneWolf9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 03:08   #80
Senior - BHPian

Love this beast, If they actually manage to price it right, Ill probably sell my 2015 XUV to get this! Looks really good from the outside as well as inside.
Old 15th September 2015, 16:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

Just one word. Awesome!!! Ford has pulled off a coup on design front. What shape and what size! Fortuner has finally met its match. Now, if only Ford does not get too carried away and price it higher up than is expected. If possible, Ford should even subsidize this car and sell at just cost price to gain some lost ground from Toyota. Once it racks up enough numbers, the car will keep going even with a price increment. In India, a car needs to rack up a magic number of sales and once there, there will be no looking back. That number will put this car in orbit.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 20:35   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
From the comment section
On a separate note, can anyone please tell me why this cannot be compared to Prado but fortuner as far as features are concerned.
Regards,
New Endeavour's 3.2 Duratorq titanium is pitched against the Prado in Australia
Old 20th September 2015, 11:11   #83
BHPian

Looks like Ford might surprise us. Check out the video 0:05 & 0:06

4WD badging on 2.2 variant !
LionX is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 13:51   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Looks like Ford might surprise us. Check out the video 0:05 & 0:06

4WD badging on 2.2 variant !
That indeed is a 2.2L 4WD!!! Wow! What a superb catch! Going by that, this could be the same spec as the Indonesian Everest, which comes with a 2.2L 4WD + a MANUAL gearbox in the base Ambiente trim.

The variant on test is riding on 18" wheels too, so they are likely to make their way here.
Old 20th September 2015, 14:32   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a driver using a phone to record a video while driving on a median less road. He's even recording the Endy from his ORVM.

Dangerous driving. Not worth the spying effort.
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 09:52   #86
BHPian

Any clues on the prices (Ex-showroom) ? 2.2L , 2x4 Manual should probably be the base version
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
That's a driver using a phone to record a video while driving on a median less road. He's even recording the Endy from his ORVM.

Dangerous driving. Not worth the spying effort.
Agree, I was afraid what if he veers little towards his right and I see lorries/buses from opposite direction. It is easy to lose directional reference while shooting a video with one hand while driving.

Forum members (though this video may not be by a member) should NOT indulge in such activities though we have enthusiasts who want to post spy videos/pictures for that 1 moment fame.

Last edited by petrolveins : 22nd September 2015 at 11:06.
Old 24th September 2015, 08:55   #88
BHPian

Gawd!! What a car.
The news that the 2.2l 4x4 mt can be expected. Is really wonderful. Having a duster 2wd, my dream was to buy the 4wd version since it was not available during my purchase. Butif this beast comes in at a 20 to 25 otr price tag. I will surely indulge myself.. though it is a big stretch. This vehicle is got it all...even with a few features of the fully loaded version missing.

Ford is reinventing itself in india. All its recent releases are best in class with respect to price, specifications, performance and dynamics. If the reach of their service is equal to hyundai. Then they have the potential to be the no. 2 player in india
Old 27th September 2015, 00:14   #89
Team-BHP Support

I'd be delighted to be wrong but I have a bad feeling that the 3.2 litre automatic might actually touch 40 lakh on road in mumbai, basically commanding a heavy premium over the lower models.

On an unrelated note, it's telling on the vehicles potential when after all these days the model only has 87 posts. Had this been a fortuner thread, it would have been 4 times as long by now. Sort of reflective of the market share each of these models would enjoy compared to each other. I for one much prefer the new Endy's look over the new T Fort.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 09:33   #90
BHPian

A superb review indeed S2!

This should be a real game changer for Ford. I had been looking to buying a full blown SUV to replace my Skoda Superb, your review has come in as a great boon in deciding factor. Will have to wait and see the pricing factor for the top end variant. I hope the pricing does justice to the features offered unlike the Santa Fe which cannot even come to the price to feature ratio....

I know they both cannot be compared but I only mean to compare the price to feature aspect.
jayeshdamle is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks