Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2019, 11:00   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)

My friend has booked a GTX+ DCT variant. She fell in absolute love with the GTX+ variant in white that was displayed at the showroom - but was very confused with all the variants and the negative news around the DCT gearbox.

Your video and ownership report sealed the deal for her. Booking was finally made yesterday.

I'm thanking you on her behalf.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 12:25   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
Amazingly written review, congratulations Karan.. I agree on the above points but a change in good rubber might solve ride quality..
Great video review by the way, all details covered, Great job.
Thanks Don, glad you enjoyed the review.

In the meanwhile i too went through your recent road trip report & enjoyed the pics you clicked. Especially love the Blue colour on your SELTOS.

Posting some of your clicked pics here for other people's ref;

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-20191116_10491002.jpg

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-20191118_07584901.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
My friend has booked a GTX+ DCT variant. She fell in absolute love with the GTX+ variant in white that was displayed at the showroom - but was very confused with all the variants and the negative news around the DCT gearbox.
Your video and ownership report sealed the deal for her. Booking was finally made yesterday.
Thank you sir !

Glad my video review & ownership report helped in your friends buy decision.

GTX+ DCT variant is truly a great pick & hard to fault im sure your friend will enjoy the car.

Quote:
I'm thanking you on her behalf.
Congratulations to your friend, do convey my regards to her

Last edited by ampere : 22nd November 2019 at 13:44.
karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 15:29   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Navigation;

So last night i had a dinner planned at a restaurant whose exact location was unknown to me. Hence used the Kia's Maps for guidance right from the start of the journey. I searched the location by using the restaurant's name, glad to see it being identified by the maps promptly;

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20191124_190903.jpg

Live Maps;

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20191124_191303.jpg

^ Audio instructions are irritating if listening to Music, hence best to keep that off/mute in the settings.

Directions displayed in the cluster;

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20191124_192621.jpg

& also the HUD;

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20191124_193547.jpg

Reached;

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20191124_195706.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 25th November 2019 at 15:33.
karan561 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 15:35   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Navigation;

Live Maps;

Attachment 1938901
When you say "Live Maps", does it show live traffic info just like GMaps? I can see the path shown in different colors.
Old 25th November 2019, 20:40   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
When you say "Live Maps", does it show live traffic info just like GMaps? I can see the path shown in different colors.
Hi,
Yes the traffic info is live & the different colours denote the same info.
However i believe live maps are only active/available in some cities (as per Kia India website)
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 20:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
However i believe live maps are only active/available in some cities (as per Kia India website)
Thanks for confirming. Need to be seen how accurate it is in comparison to GMaps traffic data (though I feel that GMaps accuracy has dropped a bit nowadays)
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 21:42   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Seltos LED Light Show;

Some pictures i clicked last weekend;

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-1574784701940.jpg
Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-1574784711298.jpg
karan561 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 22:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
but the Piano Black trims are really a dust & finger print magnet.
Have you thought about getting the piano black trims wrapped? A lot of Tesla model 3 buyers have been getting their cars' piano black trims wrapped.
Here's a picture for reference:
Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-greyteslamodel3sedanchromedeletevinylwrap4546.jpg
DeKay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 23:10   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Have you thought about getting the piano black trims wrapped? A lot of Tesla model 3 buyers have been getting their cars' piano black trims wrapped.
Thanks for sharing

Well yes wrapping is always an option i'd consider.

But overall other than being a fingerprint magnet it isn't a design misfit in the interior hence doesn't need an immediate addressing but may be in the future
Old 29th November 2019, 11:04   #40
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition. I think you made a good choice buying the Kia Seltos. Today there is a crowd in this segment to choose from. Ideally one would like to wait some months before buying a car from a new car vendor. Of course Kia are new in India but the kind of people who take dealerships are only focused on money. They do not necessarily have a great interest in cars. Hence, any new dealer experience is a lottery. Kia is doing very well in Australia and the cars are popular as value for money. Of course one can say they are the same company. Our experience in the case of VW and Skoda is not exemplary. VW performance is reasonable and the other is reason-less.

What were the reasons you chose the Kia over say the Hector and the Harrier. I am particularly interested in the Harrier as I am trying to compile the problems in Tata Motors new cars to see if thay have learnt their lessons or continue with the drawbacks. A lot of interest is there in the Altroz to see where Tata Motors is in terms of their new offers.
ashokabs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 15:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Navigation;

^ Audio instructions are irritating if listening to Music, hence best to keep that off/mute in the settings.

I muted it (I always mute instructions) but every time I was near a turn, I noticed my music volume being reduced.

Switched to Android Auto, nothing AA offers that Kia Maps doesn't in my opinion.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 16:06   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokabs View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition. I think you made a good choice buying the Kia Seltos.
Thanks for the good wishes

Quote:
Today there is a crowd in this segment to choose from. Ideally one would like to wait some months before buying a car from a new car vendor. Of course Kia are new in India but the kind of people who take dealerships are only focused on money. They do not necessarily have a great interest in cars. Hence, any new dealer experience is a lottery.
True !

Quote:
What were the reasons you chose the Kia over say the Hector and the Harrier. I am particularly interested in the Harrier as I am trying to compile the problems in Tata Motors new cars to see if thay have learnt their lessons or continue with the drawbacks. A lot of interest is there in the Altroz to see where Tata Motors is in terms of their new offers.
I was genuinely interested to buy the Harrier until i test drove it.
2 major reasons to not go for the Harrier were;

1) The 2L FCA Diesel engine detuning felt weird & restricted + poor refinement levels
2) Lack of A/T

Other Details are in my test drive;

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4533783 (Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs)

About the Baojun 530 ? I did not like the way MG has marketed it. Just couldn't fall for it. Many other reasons which are from a enthusiasts perspective & also nationalistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I muted it (I always mute instructions) but every time I was near a turn, I noticed my music volume being reduced.
When the speaking instructions are not muted while music is playing then during the time of guidance IIRC the front speakers give out the instructions where as the music is transferred to the rear speakers, felt odd hence i muted the instructions.
Old 30th November 2019, 17:15   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos LED Light Show;

Quote:
Some pictures i clicked last weekend
I love the looks of this car, especially the night shots

KIA dealer in Mangalore has used your pic for advertising

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20191130_171352.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 22:49   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos LED Light Show;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I love the looks of this car, especially the night shots
Sure thing the looks of the Seltos is one of the major USP

Quote:
KIA dealer in Mangalore has used your pic for advertising
The Pixel 3XL did a good job there Thanks for bringing it to my notice, shall drop them a message !
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 09:52   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Karan, super review thanks!

Doing some blue sky thinking: will a top end automatic petrol or diesel automatic be a worthy upgrade to an Octavia 1.8 TSI?

I'll self drive it for a couple of years, and then hand over to my chauffeur for the rest of it's lifetime. Incidentally, GTO has just posted on the other thread that he found the diesel auto combination to be flawless.

Also, how would you rate the back seat for 100% chauffered use?
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks