Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2023, 12:24   #1441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
6AT can be switched off in N, done that many times (facelift model)
Aerohit,
You are absolutely correct.
I was trying to switch off in D I think.
You can move to N and switch off.
Thanks.

Quote:
Aerohit,

Sorry spoken too soon.Checked again.

You can switch off the ENGINE ONLY in any position other than Park. The car goes to Accessories mode then.

To switch off the car COMPLETELY you HAVE to shift to Park mode.

So my workaround to shift to N after switching off the car still stands.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th November 2023 at 14:33. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 26th November 2023, 18:07   #1442
BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsarao View Post
Aerohit,

Sorry spoken too soon.Checked again.
Hmmm possible. What I meant was - i often switch off engine while on N, and then turn on again.

For example, in long signals stops, i sometimes switch to N from D, and turn engine off, and then on again, and then back to D (just my style)
Old 27th November 2023, 13:12   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm possible. What I meant was - i often switch off engine while on N, and then turn on again.

For example, in long signals stops, i sometimes switch to N from D, and turn engine off, and then on again, and then back to D (just my style)
As far as I know, you don't have to do this (N, switch off, switch on and D) at signals for 2 reasons:
  1. Auto stop-start works very well in D mode. It is quite intelligent to stop only when required. (eg it will continue running in Delhi summers!)
    This is equivalent and probably better than manual stop-start.
  2. In D mode when you stop at signal the fuel consumption goes down to near negligible anyways. Stopping the engine will make very little difference in FE.
    Secondly starting a car takes a large dose of fuel which further reduces the advantage.
    Thirdly, when signal turns green you are the first off the block!
    Finally, you have to do nothing more than keeping your foot on brake pedal in D mode.
My car windows are always up and A/C is always on (to keep out the dust, noise and humidity).
My average FE (mostly city driving) hovers between 14-15 kmpl which I consider good.
On highways with cruise control at 90-100 kmph I get 19-21 kmpl.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 27th November 2023, 13:36   #1444
BHPian

Auto start/stop works based on several factors like - engine temperature, hybrid battery charge capacity, and few other conditions.

Yes, i agree, I dont do that all the time. But on certain occasions it is required to turn start/stop off, and manually turn engine off. I am pretty sure there is a way to make start/stop less sensitive in the ecu.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 15:07   #1445
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsarao View Post
Finally, you have to do nothing more than keeping your foot on brake pedal in D mode..
Apologies Doc. I Used to follow this and one fine day on a red light, my foot slipped off the breaks while trying to look at rear seat. Had a minot shunt before i could react . Thankfully, the guy in front was small municipality garbage truck aka "chota hathi". Apologised to the driver who did not even got down from the truck & off we went our ways.

Back in Del, Car spend good 2 weeks in Service center waiting for hood / front upper grill change via insurance claim.

Lesson learned - Get off the R Or D or M mode ASAP if you are planning to stop & switch to N Mode immediately. To take care of Delhi heat & ensure AC is not switch off, I switch off the Auto Off /On the moment i enter the car.
Old 3rd December 2023, 17:17   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardeep31live View Post
However, I have a quick question - there was an extra part screwed onto the front grill in front of the horn(image attached).
To be precise it was right in front of the right horn and seemed to be there for directing the horn sound towards the front.
I unscrewed and removed it to make way for the hella horn, but just wanted to check with you if you’re aware what exactly it is? I have a feeling that’s nothing to be worried unless it has something to do with the structural safety or ABS sensors.
I too had this issue and the local mechanic(whom I trust) removed and gave it to me and this is just lying aside. No harm done so far in my 14500+ kms driven.

I too have a few more questions and would be glad to have the expert opinions
Like many, I have upgraded my Fog lights and Horn. I am still not satisfied with the OEM Headlights. Has anyone changed this and if you can share the experience, model and cost details please.
Also, I have one more query, earlier in my duster, when the car engine was switched off, the center lock used to open automatically, is this adjustment possible in XL6? as I see I have to do it manually.
Old 3rd December 2023, 18:27   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsivj View Post
Also, I have one more query, earlier in my duster, when the car engine was switched off, the center lock used to open automatically, is this adjustment possible in XL6? as I see I have to do it manually.
Yes, you can do this by adjusting the auto unlock settings. Refer to page 2-3 and 2-37 of your XL6 owners manual.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_8712.jpeg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_8713.jpeg
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 13:13   #1448
BHPian

Hello Shashi, I just wanted to quickly confirm whether the oil filter with part number 16510M68K10 is interchangeable with the filter with part number 16510M68K00 for 2023 XL6/Ertiga?

The local MGP dealer gave me 16510M68K10 when I asked for 16510M68K00 oil filter, and told me that they can be used interchangeably.
Is it correct? I Just wanted to get a confirmation before replacing the old one with this filter.
Old 6th December 2023, 13:22   #1449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Hello Shashi, I just wanted to quickly confirm whether the oil filter with part number 16510M68K10 is interchangeable with the filter with part number 16510M68K00 for 2023 XL6/Ertiga?

The local MGP dealer gave me 16510M68K10 when I asked for 16510M68K00 oil filter, and told me that they can be used interchangeably.
Is it correct? I Just wanted to get a confirmation before replacing the old one with this filter.
No, 68K00 is interchangeable with 68K20 only, not 68K10.

There have been cases where people in Baleno forums have complained of reduced engine performance when 68K10 is installed. People have escalated to MSIL and Maruti have got them replaced with correct filter. So even MSIL acknowledges they aren't replaceable.

Secondly, being a bit more technical, ROOT Part Number of both aren't same and hence not replaceable properly. 68K00 and 68K20 have same ROOT Part number and are same.

Please return 68K10 and get 68K00 or K20.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 13:27   #1450
BHPian

Thank you very much. You have explained it in the best possible way.
I will return it today itself.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 17:05   #1451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Any question is most welcome.

Regards,
Shashi
Hey, so sorry to disturb you on a post you have uploaded 2+ years back 😅 but I have some doubts... I plan on going for the same fog lamps that you have mentioned (ie) the Valeos and have planned for Osram Nightbreakers for headlight upgrade/ Excelite 90/100W with a Philips 100/130W (I presume a heavy duty one tho) relay, and the car is a Swift Dzire VDI, will the setup be good? (ie) will there be visible light colour difference wrt the upgrades headlights and the Valeo fogs or will it be good?

P.S Once again so sorry to disturb you on a question which may sound a little dumb. Would also like to know your recommendation on if the Osram is really good as long as I make sure not to tie the adapter with the wires and let of the relay as they are rated same as the stock headlamps.
Old 6th January 2024, 19:40   #1452

Hello Everyone,

Need a help. I have a Oct 2022 manufactured Ertiga ZXI+AT. I received the below letter from Maruti today dt 22.12.2023 mentioning about a software update.

I then checked the Maruti website for any service recalls involving my vehicle's VIN, but unable to find any.

Anyone else has received similar letter and any idea on the same. Pls let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Letter from Maruti.pdf (913.1 KB, 65 views)
Old 6th January 2024, 20:44   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchris25 View Post
I have a Oct 2022 manufactured Ertiga ZXI+AT. I received the below letter from Maruti today dt 22.12.2023 mentioning about a software update
Yes I received similar letter for XL6. Its for hybrid battery software reprogramming, so that it do not drain out in future, but you can call service center and confirm. Its 15 min process they do via laptop, overall may take 1 hr for waiting time, exit pass etc
India2022 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 14:41   #1454
BHPian

Hi, That is correct. I too received a call from Chowgule Industries Service Station Pune today afternoon asking me to bring in my Jan 23 Ertiga ZXI+ AT for a software update to the hybrid battery system. I will be speaking to my SA tomorrow for the details. Have scheduled the 1 year service for coming Tuesday, will get the update done as well.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 10th January 2024, 12:10   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Hi, That is correct. I too received a call from Chowgule Industries Service Station Pune today afternoon asking me to bring in my Jan 23 Ertiga ZXI+ AT for a software update to the hybrid battery system. I will be speaking to my SA tomorrow for the details. Have scheduled the 1 year service for coming Tuesday, will get the update done as well.

Regards
Nikhil
Update on the software update and 1 year servicing.

* Software was updated but the SA could not tell beyond "software tuning for the start stop system". Tried to contact the service manager for further details but was busy attending the software update customers. Will post an update after driving the car for some kilometres to figure out the before and after behaviour.

* 1 year service - items changed - oil filter, synthetic oil, drain plug, drain plug gasket, cabin air filter. Oil filter used - 16510M68K20, oil used - 0W20 Mobil1 Synthetic - 99999MS0W40-MOB.
Also performed was wheel alignment & balancing and tyre rotation.

Last week was involved in a minor incident where the left front tyre got destroyed due to a steel rod sticking out from the road concreting work. SA said I can claim insurance with 50% payable of tyre cost.
What do you think? Should I claim insurance or pay full cost to purchase new tyre? Please do let me know.

Regards
Nikhil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks