Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2023, 17:39   #1381
BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Is this pre facelift model which has recommended grade as 5W30? Currently service centres are pushing 0w16 for my Nov 2022 XL6, which i am somewhat uncomfortable with in scorching summers of Delhi.
0w16 is mentioned in 2022 manual so service centers will push it and Leoshashi is redommanding it since long so no doubt on using it
I spoke to my service center, they initially mentioned so 30 or 40 no, but on insisting they said 0w16 also in stock (my 3rd service is next week).
BTW why you uncomfortable with 0w16 in Delhi summers?
Old 13th June 2023, 14:43   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
4. Which cars will it fit?
Direct fit: Swift, Dzire, May be the Baleno also.
Similar fit as mine: Ertiga XL6.
Hey Leoshashi, do you know if this engine cover/guard will fit the 1st gen (2013) Ertiga?

Also will this help in preventing/making the path of entry of rodents into the engine bay a tad bit more difficult for them?

If anyone's gotten this installed on your Ertiga's please do revert.

Thanks,
Piyush.
shandilyapiyush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 15:36   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
0w16 is mentioned in 2022 manual so service centers will push it and Leoshashi is redommanding it since long so no doubt on using it
I spoke to my service center, they initially mentioned so 30 or 40 no, but on insisting they said 0w16 also in stock (my 3rd service is next week).
BTW why you uncomfortable with 0w16 in Delhi summers?
For the viscosity that 0w16 has compared to w30.
Old 13th June 2023, 17:43   #1384
BHPian

Hello! I recently purchased a pre-owned 2019 XL6 Alpha AT and I had initially noticed that both the auto down and auto up functions were working on the driver side window. However, recently the power window on the rear right stopped functioning, so I took it to a reputable Maruti workshop in town to get it fixed.

At the workshop, they informed me that the switch assembly needed to be replaced, and they proceeded to replace the entire unit at a cost of approximately 2k. After the fix, the rear window started working properly again.

However, I have noticed that the driver side window only goes down automatically, but not up. This seemed odd to me, so I discussed it with the SA. The SA explained that this is the intended functionality and that all cars have auto down only. To demonstrate their point, they even fixed my old switch assembly and showed me that it behaved the same way.

I am now wondering if I have misunderstood something or if there might be another issue at play. I would appreciate any insights or clarification on this matter.
Old 13th June 2023, 19:35   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
For the viscosity that 0w16 has compared to w30.
And which one has high viscosity, and how does it impact in high temp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam View Post
I have noticed that the driver side window only goes down automatically, but not up. This seemed odd to me, so I discussed it with the SA. The SA explained that this is the intended functionality and that all cars have auto down only. To demonstrate their point, they even fixed my old switch assembly and showed me that it behaved the same way.
My 2022 XL has 1 touch auto up and auto down for driver side window. Seems he provided faulty part, you should go and talk for replacement

Last edited by India2022 : 13th June 2023 at 19:37. Reason: edit
India2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 21:03   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandilyapiyush View Post

Also will this help in preventing/making the path of entry of rodents into the engine bay a tad bit more difficult for them?.
Hi, it will not. There are ample spaces available for the rodents to enter the engine bay even after the guard is fitted.

Shashi has provided many tips on how to reduce entry of rodents.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 08:33   #1387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam View Post

I am now wondering if I have misunderstood something or if there might be another issue at play. I would appreciate any insights or clarification on this matter.
Assuming they have installed the correct part, you need to re-learn the functionality. Process is as described:

As of now, I believe even your Anti-pinch functionality won't be working. Also please share the bill which clearly shows what PN they have used.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 20:17   #1388

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your timely suggestions. Have decided to try PDR first since Mr. Mitra is sure he can fix it to perfection. Second option is getting it fixed at MASS without insurance if PDR fails.

Some closeup pics I took just now:
Cladding has taken a real hit and helped negate a lot of damage.

Regards,
Shashi
Sorry for bumping into an old thread. I have read the whole ownership experience and I am inspired to try this on my 2022 Ertiga as well.

Just a doubt popped inside my head. Do Maruti cars get rear bumper beams, or energy absorbing beams attached to the body of the car, i.e, behind the bumper covers? I have seen some cars with a metal/composite material beam attached behind the bumper cover which is used for energy absorption, and it does not allow damage to the hatch. The thing collapses on impact, and it needs to be replaced. How is that present in Maruti Suzuki cars?

Just got under my Ertiga and noticed this:
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-screenshot_20230629201318_video-player.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-screenshot_20230629201327_video-player.jpg

Are these energy absorbing projections? How effective are they?

Also noticed this on some cars:

Just like the front member, which holds the engine guard, used as a rear bumper member:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-screenshot_20230629201514_google.jpg

How effective are they? Do we need them? Or just a gimmick? I am thinking of installing one behind the bumper cover, if its available.

Last edited by graaja : 29th June 2023 at 20:35. Reason: Minor typo
Old 29th June 2023, 21:28   #1389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead_97 View Post
Just a doubt popped inside my head. Do Maruti cars get rear bumper beams, or energy absorbing beams attached to the body of the car, i.e, behind the bumper covers? I have seen some cars with a metal/composite material beam attached behind the bumper cover which is used for energy absorption, and it does not allow damage to the hatch. The thing collapses on impact, and it needs to be replaced. How is that present in Maruti Suzuki cars?

Just got under my Ertiga and noticed this:
This is how it's behind the bumper cover in XL6/Ertiga:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20230629_212501.jpg

Very few Maruti's got the rear crash beam in India, SX4 is a car which comes to mind. S Cross internationally gets the member but it is omitted for the Indian variant. Adding it in S Cross is simpler but I am not sure how effective it would be, given the Indian car misses out on some members of the floor panel too.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 21:51   #1390

Quote:

Attachment 2469902

Very few Maruti's got the rear crash beam in India, SX4 is a car which comes to mind. S Cross internationally gets the member but it is omitted for the Indian variant. Adding it in S Cross is simpler but I am not sure how effective it would be, given the Indian car misses out on some members of the floor panel too.
Thanks for the picture. Do the outer projections act as impact energy absorbers? Got a same looking MGP spare part on boodmo, stating the same functionality. Probably it is bolted directly to the rear panel on the body.

Is that same for all Indian cars? And why is it so?

Will the SX4 rear member fit the Ertiga/Xl6 with a bit of modifications? And what members are missing other that?
Old 29th June 2023, 22:04   #1391

Quote:
And also how is the overall body strength/integrity of the XL6 or the Ertiga?

I hope they do not miss out on some cross members, that are there in the international market.

Why is it for the Indian market? For rules or regulations, or the peppy-engine performance that we see?

I hope the they don't do any cost cutting on the drivetrain too.
Old 4th July 2023, 14:59   #1392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
I checked the manual, it says NGK LKR6F-10

Regards
Iridium plug for your Baleno is now available from Denso: Link
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 15:19   #1393
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Iridium plug for your Baleno is now available from Denso: Link
Perhaps a stupid question but is it compatible with 2023 XL6 AT.
Old 4th July 2023, 15:29   #1394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Perhaps a stupid question but is it compatible with 2023 XL6 AT.
2023 XL6 already runs on Iridium plugs.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 15:43   #1395
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
2023 XL6 already runs on Iridium plugs.
Thanks Mate. You just saved me at least 3 K with this timely post as I was about to source these from local shop. Was not aware that 2023 XL already runs on iridium plugs.

I think it is the effect of this thread that every XL6 owners intends to ensure that all mods on this thread are applied asap on their respective XL6,s too.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 4th July 2023 at 15:44.
.sushilkumar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks