Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2021, 20:29   #136
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Congratulations. T-Roc is quite an enjoyable car. Unfortunately VW dropped the driver assist functions. At least they should have considered adding basic Cruise Control, if not ACC.

VW has been very strange wrt EW for T-Roc. It is not being offered to 2020 owners, although some how, some owners have managed to get. In my case the dealer accepted the money and applied for EW. But VW rejected it, reason being "not applicable for 2020 models". I know of at least one more instance where the owner faced the same issue. I am not sure if VW means to say by rejecting that the 2020 T-Roc is never gonna have any issues and owners you can save money or are they saying that the 2020 owners have paid less than 2021 ones and we better make up that loss when issues start beyond the 4th year. I am not understanding this discrepancy. I wrote to VW customer care about it but I did not get response.

If VW is offering EW beyond the 4th year, go for it.
Yes the missing features are unfortunate, but I had made up my mind and went ahead. With respect to EW - I have purchased 4 + 2 [150k]
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 20:45   #137

Hello fellow BHPians

Finally took delivery of Ravenna Blue Troc on 8th September 2021 from PPS MOTORS Hyderabad..
Troc was the first car considered and TD’ed in early July.
Booking and delivery experience was amazing. Dealer has delivered the car within 2 days after paying booking amount. They’ve respected our sentiment and delivered car as per our muhurat, even though they’ve haven’t received cheque from the financing bank for invoicing because of some missing documents from my end. Docs are shared today, expecting to complete rest of the formalities in couple of days.
Enjoying each and every second behind the wheel on this well built machine.

Accessories like mud flaps, mats, car covers were not provided as they do no have stock. Need info from other Troc owners whether dealer could able to provide the same at the time of delivery itself?
Futhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 09:38   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futhead View Post
Hello fellow BHPians

Finally took delivery of Ravenna Blue Troc on 8th September 2021 from PPS MOTORS Hyderabad..

Accessories like mud flaps, mats, car covers were not provided as they do no have stock. Need info from other Troc owners whether dealer could able to provide the same at the time of delivery itself?
Congratulations Futhead
For 2020 model, Mudflaps, mats were provided by the dealer during delivery free of cost.
Old 15th September 2021, 16:54   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians

Troc was the first car considered and TD’ed in early July.
Booking and delivery experience was amazing. Dealer has delivered the car within 2 days after paying booking amount. They’ve respected our sentiment and delivered car as per our muhurat, even though they’ve haven’t received cheque from the financing bank for invoicing because of some missing documents from my end. Docs are shared today, expecting to complete rest of the formalities in couple of days.
Enjoying each and every second behind the wheel on this well built machine.

Congratulations!
I got 2021 model delivered in July and dealer provided me with mudflap , mats [of course with additional cost 13000 ] .
The mats are small attest in front and covers very less. I would suggest you take a look at mat before purchasing. I would also recommend you to check out 3M noodle mat which can be tailor made.
Old 16th September 2021, 12:58   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians

Booking and delivery experience was amazing. Dealer has delivered the car within 2 days after paying booking amount.

Hearty congratulations. So now PPS might have only 1 blue colour left in stock. This shade looks fantastic. I had myself booked blue at same dealership but happen to cancel.

I had a similar experience albeit years back. Got the vento blue colour 1.6 TDI delivered on Sunday even before bank dispatched the money to the dealership.As long bank has approved loan it is good.

I believe mudflaps and mats are part of the deal. You are not paying from the pocket.
Yes there was instance, where this dealership didn’t have few accessories in stock. In my case it was car cover. It does take time to get stock. Keep following up.

Dealer has always honoured the deal. Don’t loose patience.

Looking forward for your ownership thread.
Old 16th September 2021, 20:47   #141

Hi fellow BHPians, This is my first post on team-bhp. I'll start off with a question. I recently bought a vw t-roc 2021 model. Clocked around 4.5K km in 2 months and absolutely loving the performance of the car. I have a question regarding the infamous DQ 200 gear box (or any DCT gear box in general). So I am using the car in Bangalore city, I have been told from many sources that when you use a DCT gear box in stop and go traffic, its better to put it in N when you are at a traffic signal to reduce the heat generated. But cars like t-roc which has the auto hold function (or a digital park break) should ideally disengage the clutch when the auto hold is active right? So should I follow the practice of keeping it in N at every traffic signal or is it okay to keep it in D with auto hold or park break enabled. What do the other t-roc owners follow. Would love to hear some recommendations on this.
ambabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 10:26   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambabu View Post
Hi fellow BHPians, This is my first post on team-bhp. I'll start off with a question. I recently bought a vw t-roc 2021 model. Clocked around 4.5K km in 2 months and absolutely loving the performance of the car. I have a question regarding the infamous DQ 200 gear box (or any DCT gear box in general). So I am using the car in Bangalore city, I have been told from many sources that when you use a DCT gear box in stop and go traffic, its better to put it in N when you are at a traffic signal to reduce the heat generated. But cars like t-roc which has the auto hold function (or a digital park break) should ideally disengage the clutch when the auto hold is active right? So should I follow the practice of keeping it in N at every traffic signal or is it okay to keep it in D with auto hold or park break enabled. What do the other t-roc owners follow. Would love to hear some recommendations on this.
I have been using Auto-Hold and also the Auto engine off feature at signals. But my driving is not much in Bangalore city, I take mostly nice road. I had asked the same query and fellow BHPians who own Troc suggested to use AutoHold.
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 21:17   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSprit_ssk View Post
I have been using Auto-Hold and also the Auto engine off feature at signals. But my driving is not much in Bangalore city, I take mostly nice road. I had asked the same query and fellow BHPians who own Troc suggested to use AutoHold.
Apparently a response from VW that I found on Tiguan Forum:

https://www.mytiguan.com/threads/dsg...esponse.23825/

Quotes:
"When stationary with foot on the brake there is no demand for forward movement so the clutches are disengaged. When starting to release the brake pedal the clutch will engage a gear and allow you to move forward, working out the biting point so you don't roll back"

Regarding auto hold:

"The clutches will only engage as the autohold is released and forward momentum is requested. Thus it does not matter if you leave it in D".
If this response is genuine and true, then we can safely use the D mode with auto hold on. Same should also hold good, when brakes are fully depressed.
tristis2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 11:38   #144

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians
=====
Need info from other Troc owners whether dealer could able to provide the same at the time of delivery itself?
Congratulations Futhead. Did you receive the voice command activation key from the dealer?

I got my T-roc 2021 delivered in July from Phoenix Cars Kannur. I did not get any accessories from the dealer. Dealer mentioned that Volkswagen is not shipping any accessories for the T-roc 2021. I am not sure how much of this is true and would like to know the experience of fellow BHPians who bought T-roc 2021.

Regarding floor mats, I recommend this one from AutoFurnish 'https://www.autofurnish.com/7d-luxur...roc-2020-black'. I got one for mine and liked the fit and finish of the product.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th September 2021 at 14:46. Reason: edited
Old 24th September 2021, 12:30   #145

Quote:
Congratulations Futhead. Did you receive the voice command activation key from the dealer?
I haven’t received any such thing. Dealer did not provide any accessory as complimentary or at discounted price.They’ve charged 13k for just mud flaps and mats. Need to purchase car cover for additional 2k now. In Indian Troc forum, guys have purchased data plug part number: 5GV-051-629-L costing Rs 5555 from dealers and connected it to OBD for car info, location data on WeConnect app. I’m planning to purchase that once I’m done with full body PPF.
https://connectgo.volkswagen-we.com
Futhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 17:29   #146
BHPian

Quote:
=====
I got one for mine and liked the fit and finish of the product.
I have purchased the following two for my TRoc. It took a week time for me to get the parts after placing order at the dealer

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20210731-10.56.43-am.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20210731-10.57.13-am.jpeg

The dealer also mentioned that there are more accessories available for Troc and i can have a look. Unfortunately i was in hurry and could not check on what accessories are available.
Old 25th September 2021, 14:53   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Sharing this on behalf of a die hard Volkswagen fan who is a) very close to me, and b) a Doc in Chennai. He considered the Tata Harrier, Tata Safari, Nissan Kicks, Innova Crysta G AT, Toyota Urban Cruiser automatic and the Citroën C5 Aircross but eventually went with his love - the Volkswagen T-Roc. Here's what he has to say.

The Volkswagen T-Roc is a Winner!

Impressions after a 1000km trip

What’s good! - drive smooth as silk

1. Transmission- seamless shifts in Auto transmission
2. Pick-Up- awesome, D and S mode interlinked, car leaps when commanded to with hardly any lag
3. Driveability- fantastic, no feeling of tiredness at all
4. Economy- very efficient - my full tank of speed petrol gave me 590 KM range and I had 120 KM balance on reaching my destination. Door to door it’s roughly 480 kms for me.
5. T-Roc also has a stop-start feature; the engine stops and restarts automatically rather than idle in traffic
6. Minimalism- in classic German fashion both the interior and exterior are clean, well finished and efficient- not a wrinkle
7. Standout design- the car is a head turner for sure
8. Deceptively roomy- once you get in the sense of space is awesome
9. Safety- from airbags to seat belts to dashboard information including lane assist, the car is packed with features. And the sheet metal is strong with doors closing with a reassuring thud. Trying to close the boot tells you how heavy the car is.
11. CBU assurance- it’s good to know the car was built in Europe (Portugal) for Europeans (sounds racist but given what seems to be happening with reducing sheet metal thickness in India, holds true)

What’s not good!

1. Space - the front is brilliant, the rear OK for two not too tall passengers. The boot is generous. This is a driver’s car and not a family vehicle in that sense. Suits us fine as we are middle aged roadies who travel mostly together and enjoy driving. The rear seats can be folded to accommodate luggage. The panoramic sunroof adds to the sense of space but in India that’s reserved for the brief winter and hill rides.
2. Price- At 26 Lakhs on the road it is a tad expensive and the dealers seem to have very little room for offers. With my VW Polo GT trade in, I managed 20k in offers and a set of floor mats thrown in. The insurance quote was 30k more than what my bank (financing the vehicle) offered for the same level - went with the bank therefore.
3. Road Presence- The size of a Creta, this is not a butch SUV if you are looking for one; more a safe, efficient, very drivable crossover

Verdict:

My fourth Volkswagen in 10 years- Vento automatic, Jetta automatic, Polo GT as a second car (with the Jetta being the core) and now the T-Roc. We are very happy and see the T-Roc as a modern Jetta on steroids- with a surprisingly powerful engine. Our other car is a 2 year old Honda Civic (replaced our Jetta which sadly went out of manufacturing in India). The Civic is also a dream to drive, roomy and built solidly, but for the highway, I would pick the T-Roc because of the Civic's CVT lag (rubber band effect) and low slung suspension.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-vw_troc_black.jpg

Last edited by vigsom : 25th September 2021 at 15:06. Reason: added the Tatas
vigsom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 14:23   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSprit_ssk View Post
I have purchased the following two for my TRoc. It took a week time for me to get the parts after placing order at the dealer
You can find all the available accessories down here https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/mode...ds#Accessories

And please share some pics of the ones you bought and installed on the car?

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2021 at 18:16. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 26th September 2021, 18:13   #149
BHPian

Quote:
And please share some pics of the ones you bought and installed on the car?
Here you go -

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20210926-6.04.06-pm-1.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20210926-6.04.06-pm.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20210926-6.04.07-pm.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2021 at 18:16. Reason: Quote trimmed. Pictures inserted in-line.
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 22:57   #150
BHPian

Note from Support: Typos fixed. Grammar fixed. Spacing fixed. Please proof-read your posts before posting. Thanks!

Hi guys,

Last week, I have driven the T-Roc and totally loved it.
It seems the units in Mumbai are largely sold out. Autobahn VW has one in White.
Should I go for it? The on road price is coming to 27 lakh OTR.

Other alternatives include XUV700 AX7 petrol auto (or) Taigun GT Plus.

Both options can save me about 5 lakh and cost around 22 lakh OTR - but will I regret owning a T-Roc later?

Main concerns holding me back a bit with T-Roc are resale value after 3 years, cost of parts, maintenance, etc. Am confused between these options. Would I be happier with T-Roc?
Owners can please advise me as I may need to book this soon.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2021 at 18:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks