Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2021, 10:12   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya7382 View Post
For year 5 and 6. Each year it’s 13k 26 K effectively for 5 and 6 years .
Can you please share the receipt? I cross checked with a dealer here in Bengaluru and they are suspecting that the amount you have mentioned could be for service package. I am getting a quote of 35k for 5th year and 78k for both 5th and 6th years. Further to what sagwal has mentioned, there is still confusion on extended warranty for this car, across dealerships.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 10:43   #107

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Can you please share the receipt? I cross checked with a dealer here in Bengaluru and they are suspecting that the amount you have mentioned could be for service package. I am getting a quote of 35k for 5th year and 78k for both 5th and 6th years. Further to what sagwal has mentioned, there is still confusion on extended warranty for this car, across dealerships.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...168723&thumb=1
Attached the extended warranty receipt. I am sending these from a mobile .
Mine is 2019 T-Roc. The first 1000. I can be contacted at naga.aditya@gmail.com. These were add on while purchasing the car. At the time of booking the car i was little hesitant when the dealer has given the break of these add-on, but called the dealer next day to include these as well. Extended warranty for T-Roc, TIguan Allspace includes RSA for the corresponding year as well.

So far the sales person is supporting quite well. Even when i dropped the car for 6 months service, it was prioritized. The only drawback is in Bangalore they dont wash the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_0291.jpg  

aditya7382 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 15:07   #108
BHPian

The fuel efficiency figures are amazing. The ACT tech has helped achieve this I suppose. Is this dependent on the DSG gearbox? Would the same technology come in the Kushaq too?
Old 21st June 2021, 15:20   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) works actively and if driven with knowledge on how to use it translates to very good fuel economy. It took time to understand this, and it took me a good 3,000 km of driving.
What exactly do you mean by "driven with knowledge" with regards to the ACT? Is it something like shifting DCT gearboxes to neutral at stops? Or going easy on the A-pedal in general? Just curious.
Old 21st June 2021, 16:09   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
The fuel efficiency figures are amazing. The ACT tech has helped achieve this I suppose. Is this dependent on the DSG gearbox? Would the same technology come in the Kushaq too?
Yes, same technology will come in the Kushaq as per Zac Hollis tweet.
This is engine-dependent.

ACT (UK website)
ACT is active over an engine speed range between 1,400 and 4,000 rpm and torque outputs between 25 and approx. 100 Nm – a range that covers nearly 70 per cent of all driving states in the EU driving cycle! If the driver presses the accelerator pedal hard, both cylinders begin to work again without a noticeable transition. The high efficiency of the system has no negative effects on smooth running: even with two cylinders the excellently balanced the 1.5 TSI Evo engine of the Golf runs very quietly and with low vibration.

All mechanical switchover processes take place within one-half of a camshaft rotation; depending on engine speed this takes between just 13 and 36 milliseconds. Accompanying interventions in ignition and throttle valve processes smooth the transitions. What’s more, thanks to an accelerator pedal sensor and intelligent monitoring software, the system can also detect irregular driving profiles – such as during a drive through a roundabout or in sporty shifting on a highway. In such cases, cylinder shut-off is deactivated. The driver is aware of whether two or four cylinders are active by a related indicator in the multifunction display between the speedometer and tachometer.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post
What exactly do you mean by "driven with knowledge" with regards to the ACT? Is it something like shifting DCT gearboxes to neutral at stops? Or going easy on the A-pedal in general? Just curious.
i) Lightfoot on the pedal: press the accelerator pedal gently and once desired speed is achieved then release the pedal slightly.
ii) Speed below ~80 kmph

The sweet Spot for T Roc when fully loaded is D6 gear & 60-70 kmph speed. ACT will get activated under these conditions and instantaneous fuel consumption will be around ~30-35 kmpl.

4 Lane Empty Highway (no toll till 25 km)
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_4945.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_5009.jpeg

Last edited by sagwal : 21st June 2021 at 16:20. Reason: added photo
sagwal is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 16:22   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post
Its driving with a light foot and you would see the ACT enabled on the instrument cluster. Its bit easy at 80 KMPH but todo this 100 KMPH is bit of challenge without ACC.

Below is the explanation from VW.
Active Cylinder Management is a cylinder deactivation system. When travelling within certain engine and driving speed ranges, two of the four cylinders can be deactivated regardless of which gear is selected – a process that is essentially imperceptible to the driver. This optimises the engine's operating efficiency while significantly reducing fuel consumption. The multifunction display indicates which engine mode is currently active.
aditya7382 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 10:56   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya7382 View Post
So far the sales person is supporting quite well. Even when i dropped the car for 6 months service, it was prioritized. The only drawback is in Bangalore they dont wash the car.
Hi @aditya7382,

Congratulations on your T-Roc. I hope you're enjoying every bit of it.

I have booked my T-Roc in Flash Red color with PPS Bangalore Central. Still in a confused state between VW T-Roc or Hyundai Tucson Petrol (Considering the space it offers). Disappointed by Kushaq since they omitted the safety on higher trims. Not sure if I need to wait longer for next gen Kushaq/upcoming Taigun.

Could you please tell from which dealership you bought your T-Roc? If it's OK for you to share, could you please tell if any discounts/freebies offered during the purchase?

Thanks in advance.
Old 30th June 2021, 11:31   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiyaanchinnu View Post
Hi @aditya7382,

I have booked my T-Roc in Flash Red color with PPS Bangalore Central. Still in a confused state between VW T-Roc or Hyundai Tucson Petrol (Considering the space it offers). Disappointed by Kushaq since they omitted the safety on higher trims. Not sure if I need to wait longer for next gen Kushaq/upcoming Taigun.

Could you please tell from which dealership you bought your T-Roc? If it's OK for you to share, could you please tell if any discounts/freebies offered during the purchase?

Thanks in advance.
I have purchased my Trco from VW Bangalore (Ellite Motors) Hosur Road. My previous VW was from apple motors Whitefield. Both dealers have been good so far except for the fact VW whitefeild did not had the colour of my choice for troc and I wanted the car badly for my wedding anniversary.

PPS is good as well as I have 4 yrs of relationship with them in Hyderabad.

I have got only the car cover as freebie. The dealership experience is good so far.
naga.aditya@gmail.com.
aditya7382 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 14:59   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @aditya7382,

Thanks in advance.
To add to aditya7382's remarks, you will definitely be space constrained in T-Roc, especially in the rear. The 2021 T-Roc comes with a much smaller space saver spare tyre and you get better boot space as compared to 2020 model. You should also note that the new one drops certain driver assist features like front assist and lane assist. The T-Roc is definitely nicer to drive. I bought mine from PPS Nagawara. You can pm me if you need any specific details.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-1625045241391.jpg  

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-1625045255129.jpg  

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-1625045266352.jpg  

tristis2008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 11:22   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
ACT does deactivate 2 cylinders when you are light footed. Yes, as you would have already found out, Kushaq also got the same combination of engine and gearbox. So will the Taigun. Later, even Octavia is likely to get 1.5 EVO Engine though I am not sure if it will be with DQ200.
tristis2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 18:07   #116

Thanks a lot tristis2008 for your inputs.

Quote:
To add to aditya7382's remarks, you will definitely be space constrained in T-Roc, especially in the rear.
I think short drives might not be a problem. But, how does rear seats feel for 2 adults in long journeys? There's also no recline option and sitting position is more up right. I'll be taking 700+ km trips if I travel to my hometown from Bangalore. Could you please share inputs on this.

Quote:
The 2021 T-Roc comes with a much smaller space saver spare tyre and you get better boot space as compared to 2020 model.
How can a smaller spare increase the boot size as it's already having a designated place in the boot? Even if it increases, it will be negligible I guess.

Quote:
You should also note that the new one drops certain driver assist features like front assist and lane assist. The T-Roc is definitely nicer to drive.
So, is 2021 T-Roc worth the premium with these omissions?

Quote:
I bought mine from PPS Nagawara. You can pm me if you need any specific details.
Thank you . Could you please tell if you were offered any discounts/freebies from PPS? I got handling charges also included in the quote. Is it same with you? Attached quick quote I got via Whatsapp.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-pps.jpeg  

chiyaanchinnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 10:02   #117
BHPian

Quote:

I think short drives might not be a problem. But, how does rear seats feel for 2 adults in long journeys? There's also no recline option and sitting position is more up right. I'll be taking 700+ km trips if I travel to my hometown from Bangalore. Could you please share inputs on this.
Seats are comfortable for 2 adults on long journeys. I also felt sitting position a little upright when I bought it, now it does feel normal.

Quote:
How can a smaller spare increase the boot size as it's already having a designated place in the boot? Even if it increases, it will be negligible I guess.
It will make a huge difference. This feature is not available in 2020 T Roc ( it does not have a spare space saver tyre)

Upper Position
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_5634.png

Lower Position
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_5635-1.png

Quote:
So, is 2021 T-Roc worth the premium with these omissions?
It is still premium but VW has increased the price and deleted some features ( that too safety-related)
It may not seem VFM when compared to the 2020 model.

Kushaq has also disappointed us in terms of safety.

Quote:
Thank you . Could you please tell if you were offered any discounts/freebies from PPS? I got handling charges also included in the quote. Is it same with you? Attached quick quote I got via Whatsapp.
Talk to VW sales or email them regarding handling charges of Rs20k. Many owners did not pay it.
Essential ACC kit??
I got mud flaps, floor mat free of cost during delivery.
sagwal is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 11:49   #118
BHPian

Quote:

In my case, the rear is normally occupied by kids. But when adults use the rear, while there is ample shoulder room, the seat seems to be too close to front seats and its a very awkward feeling. Leg space is quite acceptable. I really do not think it affects the long journey comfort much as I understand from other owners. The ride quality is quite good. You also get air blowers for feet for rear passengers.

Other than getting loyalty bonus, I did not get any discount or waiver. I reckon it was due to the demand for the car at that time. But now, the demand does not seem to be as it was last year. Many seem to be waiting for Taigun and then decide, albeit these two would be quite different cars in many aspects. I suggest you to bargain a bit. You may get some freebies. Being one of the early birds to book T-Roc, I got some freebies almost worth 15k. If you are getting any additional accessories, do not forget to ask for discount.

Due to the larger size of spare tyre in 2020 models, the boot lid cannot be lowered. In 2021, you can do so. See pics shared in the posts above.

Last edited by tristis2008 : 3rd July 2021 at 12:09. Reason: added more info.
tristis2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 19:04   #119
BHPian

Is the rear legroom in the TRoc more than the Kushaq/Taigun or is it more or less the same?
Old 10th August 2021, 12:29   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Is the rear legroom in the TRoc more than the Kushaq/Taigun or is it more or less the same?
I have not seen Kushaq yet. But what I can gather from the reviews is that both the cars provide better legroom than T-Roc. Given T-Roc is based on Golf, it provides much better shoulder room though. T-Roc's legroom is not worse but due to the more upright rear seats and reduced legroom, the head restraints of the front seats seem to come very close to the rear passengers. And it creates a sense of less room at the rear for the well built adults. Further T-Roc provides feet air vents for rear passengers as well.

Nonetheless its better to check in person for your own requirements.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks