Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 13:35   #166
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

I have a question, is any other T-Roc owner having this issue where the ICE clock keeps resetting to a random time. Checking UK forums and I don't see this issue being reported. May be the software update that they did for Indian T-Rocs's messed up something. Just finished my 1st annual service and the service advisor said that its a known issue and VW is going release a press note with fix in couple of months.
csnanjappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 18:42   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSprit_ssk View Post
Hi dvl666
Congratulations on your new possession! I am sure you will enjoy it.
I did not exactly understand about digital cockpit presets. There are some bits which can be customized. Here is a link to Youtube video which talks about digital cockpit. The relevant section which you are looking for [Hopefully] starts from 5:14
Thanks CarSpirit_sk. Sorry for the late reply
The digital cockpit of international models has much more since the navigation, voice, etc is activated. I am compiling a list of things which I need to check on first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSprit_ssk View Post
I am not sure of any feature which can be turned on at first service. I recently got the first service done and the shop floor guys were surprised discovering many features not available in 2021 model. I wanted to check on the message which appears when the vehicle is turned off. " Check for safelock". They were not able to help me on that .

Will wait for other TRoc owners to pitch in
Can you tell us what all features are not available in 2021 model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
I have a question, is any other T-Roc owner having this issue where the ICE clock keeps resetting to a random time. Checking UK forums and I don't see this issue being reported. May be the software update that they did for Indian T-Rocs's messed up something. Just finished my 1st annual service and the service advisor said that its a known issue and VW is going release a press note with fix in couple of months.
I set my clock to manual with correct GMT + 5:30 and switched off Daylight Saving. My clock is normal.

I have to get following checked::
1) Car should lock when key is out of proximity
2) Coming home/going out lights not getting activated
3) Need to activate that car should auto brake if it suspects collision.
4) Update radio symbols / logos
5) Headlight adjustment is automatic or manual?
6) Can Android Auto screen be shifted to the screen above steering? It shows a blank screen with Android Auto written - cant select anything more

Will add to it as more people voice in.
dvl666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 19:13   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
I have not encountered any such issue. As you have mentioned you have completed 1st annual service, I guess you are owning 2020 / first batch of T-Roc. I got mine in July 21, No such issue so far, However i did experience the Multimedia infotainment system restart while driving two times. But once its back nothing was reset. I think that's probably to do with Apple carplay.
If what SA mentioned is true, Will wait for update from VW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl666 View Post
The digital cockpit of international models has much more since the navigation, voice, etc is activated. I am compiling a list of things which I need to check on first service.

Can you tell us what all features are not available in 2021 model?
I had shared the list in earlier thread in same post, Attaching the same here.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-troc-comparison.jpg
Last one is Drive Assist, Which is probably not visible clearly.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th October 2021 at 06:37. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 23:05   #169
BHPian

Hey folks, is the 2021 T-Roc completely sold out? I checked with a couple of dealers here and both don't have any in stock.
Old 24th October 2021, 03:17   #170

Yes. Same issue over and again.

Quote:
It isn’t that the navigation isn’t activated, it’s that the MID in the T-roc doesn’t have the navigation in it. Hence in the touch buttons one doesn’t see the option “NAV”, as one can in say, the Tiguan all space. I had bought the OBD eleven device under the presumption that I would be able to activate the navigation only to realise this later.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th October 2021 at 06:35. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 24th October 2021, 22:42   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith Axis View Post
Yes. Same issue over and again.
What issue? Us assuming these things?
Well it has a page on MID for Android Auto & it just writes Android Auto in the centre on the screen. Kinda stupid, isnt it. Hence I was assuming that there might be some way to activate a few things to show there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith Axis View Post
It isn’t that the navigation isn’t activated, it’s that the MID in the T-roc doesn’t have the navigation in it. Hence in the touch buttons one doesn’t see the option “NAV”, as one can in say, the Tiguan all space. I had bought the OBD eleven device under the presumption that I would be able to activate the navigation only to realise this later.
I understand the MID not having an option of Navigation.

BTW I am planning to buy the OBD 11.

I am trying to figure out what all can be tweaked around. Can you check if these are possible?
Eg. Scandinavian DRL, Traffic Sign Recognition (without NAV if possible), Heated Seats Memory, Auto Lock on Key Proximity, Video in motion, Passenger Seat Belt Memory, Gauge Test, Pulsating Start/Stop.
This list is from the OBD eleven site https://obdeleven.com/en/supported-vehicles

Few of these are just for kicks, to make the feel more interesting
Old 24th October 2021, 23:06   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Hey folks, is the 2021 T-Roc completely sold out? I checked with a couple of dealers here and both don't have any in stock.
Yes. Got similar feedback from someone in Gujarat too.
Their next lot in en route and it seems will be available in Jan 2022.

Seems strange since there are pics of a facelift.
Although I like the current look compared to the newer one.
Old 25th October 2021, 16:31   #173
BHPian

Quote:

Yes there is definitely facelift on the cards. Here is the link to article ( thats from UK ). Not sure if VW will use the same model for 2022 or will provide the new facelift version
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volksw...ht-undisguised
Old 26th October 2021, 18:00   #174

Is android auto\ apple car play wireless in the 2021 T-roc ?
Old 26th October 2021, 19:13   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhur_chhabra View Post
Is android auto\ apple car play wireless in the 2021 T-roc ?
No. It only works when connected via Cable.
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 17:24   #176

Can the current MID be converted into a wireless one? So that we may connect android auto without wire. Is there any other way to do this? Can another MID be installed, say of the tiguan?
Old 30th October 2021, 18:03   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Quote:

Spoke to my dealer in Bombay.
Hadn't been able to contact him until this week.

He said few pieces of T-Roc available in Bombay in Blue & Yellow Color.
Also said that the next lot will be here by February.
For all we know, could be a ploy to upsell the Tiguan which he said will be available post Diwali.

Just updating everyone that there is stock available.
Old 3rd November 2021, 12:58   #178
BHPian

If anyone is interested, there is one T-Roc in gorgeous red available for Immediate delivery in South Karnataka region. Please send me a DM.
csnanjappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 15:16   #179
BHPian

My first service (1000km/1month) is due.
The ASC is sending their technician tomorrow for the first service. Is that normal?
Also is there anything I should be careful about?
Old 9th November 2021, 13:51   #180
BHPian

Quote:
My first service (1000km/1month) is due.
The ASC is sending their technician tomorrow for the first service. Is that normal?
Also is there anything I should be careful about?
So the technician came. He was more of a mechanic (fully aware of all mechanical items but blank on electronics). He checked all the liquid levels, electrical connectors, cooling pipes, fan, etc physically. Sprayed a synthetic lubricant on all 6 handles & hinges. Thats it!

Can someone else confirm if its only this much what needs to be done on 1st service of 1000km/1month? Just want to be sure.

On asking him about certain items, he made me speak to a workshop person on phone who clarified the doubts::
1) Since the car can be unlocked by someone else when key is in proximity, the car should also lock when key is out of proximity.
He said he will check this and get back

2) Coming home/going out lights not getting activated
He asked me to keep lights on Auto mode & enable the feature - set time duration from infotainment. Also clarified that lights will get switched on in dark only. Will check it tonight and confirm

3) Need to activate that car should auto brake if it suspects collision.
He said its already enabled. Only works below 10kmph and not above it. I checked by trying to reverse it into a stool and was glad it worked.

4) Update radio symbols / logos
He will check and get back. Disabled the option from infotainment.

5) Headlight adjustment is automatic or manual?
He confirmed that headlight adjustment is automatic based on various parameters including the road angle, laden weight, etc

6) Can Android Auto screen be shifted to the screen above steering? It shows a blank screen with Android Auto written - cant select anything
He said he will check this and get back

7) Enable Scandinavian DRLHe said he will check this and get back

Will update once I get a response from them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks