Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2021, 18:56   #121
BHPian

Hello All

I have been following this thread for quite some time and I am finally here posting on this thread.
I recently got my T-Roc [White] delivered from Elite Motors, Singasandra on July 7 and just finished first free check up.
I have been enjoying the vehicle so far. I would like to share my experience so far with VW Troc. But before that I would like to introduce myself.
I am new member to the forum and this is my first post. This forum has been first-stop-shop for all my car queries since long and I finally managed to get on to the forum.
__________________________________________________ _______
Brief intro about myself, I am in the IT(Information Technology field). Kind of car enthusiast. Even though I cant afford to buy all the cars I love but I definitely like to catch up on whats latest in terms of car tech.
My hobbies:
I am a music lover. I love all music genres and also have keen interest in technology around music. I am sure there are many music lovers out here and I would love to connect with all of you. Other than Walkman, I still listen to all other music formats ( From Vinyl, CD, Network Streaming ), Unfortunately the Walkman I have refused to work after years of staying off.
I love photography: Again, I take pictures and also love to understand and try the different technologies around it.
__________________________________________________ __________

I am not sure if i should share my experience with T-Roc as a new thread and just as reply. I will wait for feedback / comments on this thread and take call. While i wait for inputs/feedback i will go ahead and draft my experience with T Roc So far.

Cheers !

My T Roc Buying Experience:
To summarize (Details below) – It was quite challenging to get the vehicle delivered on the date i wanted - before aashada ( some of us follow this time which starts July 3 week and for a month ).
I have been driving Hyundai vehicle and in the last few years driving an additional Honda Brio – AT. I had 1st Generation Hyundai Santro Zip drive followed by 1st Generation Hyundai Verna 1.6 VTVT Petrol manual.
After using Verna for 14 years , I sold it and that’s when the need for other vehicle became quite evident, My wife uses Brio AT and I had to schedule my time out and travel based on availability of Honda.
Options considered:
Kia Seltos – Liked the way it looks, Even though it did not have very encouraging reviews – I had decided to go for their Turbo petrol option. But as someone mentioned in one of the threads here the high headedness of the sales folks made me ignore them [or rather they ignored my request for test drive] .

That’s it just one option considered, I had seen Troc when it was launched last year and was late when I made up my mind as it was sold it. My main requirement was petrol engine with my usage,dual panaromic sunroof for kids, Definitely not a sedan , It had to be automatic. I loved the way TROC looked and also all the reviews I had watched were very encouraging. So I made up my mind and contacted Elite motors in Jan 2021. They said they are not sure when it will be available and when the bookings open. Oh Yes budget was constraint. Even TROC has been a stretch in terms of budget with what it costed me on road in Bangalore.

In the mean time I also started looking at JEEP Limited 1.4 AT Petrol, which was more expensive than TROC. In February 2021 I got call from Elite mentioning can you deposit 50000 as they feel the booking will be open soon and because I had been following up they want to make sure I get vehicle this time.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-booking-amount.jpg

Post booking it has been phone calls and messages back and forth with the sales person every once in a week and then the lock down happened. Again things got excited for me with the sales person mentioning that the deliveries might start end of March. Which then moved to April first week, April second week and so on. The dealer had no clarity or information on when anything will start or they did not probably share with me. This made me look at other options and I contacted Jeep as Jeep 2021 was launched and it filled most of the check boxes I had except on price part. I was looking at Limited edition Petrol. The Jeep dealers conversation was encouraging , he mentioned he could get the vehicle picked up from Pune and get it delivered before July 10. This was in mid may. I also read reviews that Automatic Petrol Jeep 1.4 isnt as good as diesel or manual options. Because of which I was going slow in it. But the Jeep Sales guy was assuring me he can get the color I want and on the date I want.
Moving back to VW, I spoke to Sales person and gave them final dead line that I need delivery of vehicle on Jul 2 and asked them if they can give it or not. So far they had not shared the price list and finally they shared so I could get loan and other financial things faster.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20210615-7.44.26-pm.jpeg

Finally end of May they said vehicle was there and I also had to visit the showroom for finance related stuff when I dropped in there was TROC indium Grey I took a look and they said they could not switch on as they have not set up few things. I was happy to see the vehicle and I finished of my loan process.
On June – 01 I called Elite motors to check on what time they can deliver the vehicle tomorrow June-02, Sales person asked for some time and post lunch mentioned there is some problem with Vehicle the infotainment system is not working! . [ Quality test ?? ]. I was disappointed and I did not much time as I had to get vehicle delivered before July 10. I again reached out Jeep started reading more reviews but not many reviews were convincing me to go forward with Limited 1.4 AT Jeep, I remembered the Elite motors sales person mentioning many times that they had many white vehicles which they can get me. So I checked with my family they were ok. So I reached out to elite motors and mentioned that I will go with white. And finally managed to get the vehicle delivered on July 7. Delivery again was challenging with RTO road tax taking more than 4 hours. I finally took the delivery of vehicle on July 7 evening 6pm.
Here it is
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-troc.jpeg
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-troc2.jpeg
Total Cost On Road - Bangalore
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-road-cost.jpg

Last edited by ajmat : 15th August 2021 at 11:55.
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 09:18   #122

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Welcome to the TRoc club and congratulations on your purchase. Happy motoring. I have purchased my troc at the same dealership. Contact me if you need any help.

MOD Note : Typo corrected.
Please do not type with excessive dots......like this. You are requested to proof read your posts before submitting them.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th August 2021 at 10:38. Reason: Mod note attached.
aditya7382 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 11:37   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya7382 View Post
Welcome to the TRoc club and congratulations on your purchase. Happy motoring. I have purchased my troc at the same dealership. Contact me if you need any help.

MOD Note : Typo corrected.
Please do not type with excessive dots......like this. You are requested to proof read your posts before submitting them.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Thanks.

Hello @aditya7382
I would be happy to connect with you. Please suggest on the best means to connect with you.

Cheers
Old 15th August 2021, 11:45   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSprit_ssk View Post
[b][u]My T Roc Buying Experience:
Congratulations
Thanks for sharing your buying experience with us.
I could not send you a message as you are new member. Please check your email.

Last edited by sagwal : 15th August 2021 at 11:49. Reason: Email
Old 16th August 2021, 08:58   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
Congratulations
Thanks for sharing your buying experience with us.
I could not send you a message as you are new member. Please check your email.
Thanks @sagwal. I have replied to your email .
Old 16th August 2021, 11:17   #126
BHPian

TRoc Extended warranty cost.

Looks like even the extended warranty cost also has been hiked ( I did some conversations in this thread where it was very less compared to what i have received - below image from elite Motors, Singsasandra, Bangalore)

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20210731-10.35.32-am.jpeg

Anyone who has recently purchased extended warranty - Please let me know the cost you had to pay.

Cheers
Old 27th August 2021, 12:02   #127
BHPian

Need urgent information.

Planning to book T-Roc later today here in Pune and need confirmation on the 2 points below if they are correct or dealer is making these numbers-

Extended Warranty 4+2- INR 69000/-
Service Value Package- INR 97000/-

These numbers seem too steep to me especially when I compare these with something like Skoda Superb that I have been negotiating.

Also, VW recently claimed they are reducing maintenance cost, but this just doesn't seem aligned to that claim.

Anyways, I am ok to pay if that is what it costs, but don't want to end up feeling cheated.

Tries speaking to VW call center assuming this is offered by VW and they should be able to clarify, but they end up redirecting me to same dealership. How do they expect me to get correct information from someone whom I am doubting in first instance.
cloudno19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 10:34   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudno19 View Post
Need urgent information.

Planning to book T-Roc later today here in Pune and need confirmation on the 2 points below if they are correct or dealer is making these numbers-

EW price is reasonable and you should but it.

Service Value Package is not that important.
Old 29th August 2021, 10:38   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Need urgent information.

These numbers seem too steep to me especially when I compare these with something like Skoda Superb that I have been negotiating.

Also, VW recently claimed they are reducing maintenance cost, but this just doesn't seem aligned to that claim.

Anyways, I am ok to pay if that is what it costs, but don't want to end up feeling cheated.

Tries speaking to VW call center assuming this is offered by VW and they should be able to clarify, but they end up redirecting me to same dealership. How do they expect me to get correct information from someone whom I am doubting in first instance.
Hello Cloudno19

I did not reach out VW Call Center, Going by what you have experienced (routing it back to dealer) I guess its not worth time talking to them. However I did go ahead and purchase +2 Years Extended warranty and the dealer at Bangalore offered me discount of 9000 if i purchase it before end of July. I Went ahead and purchased it.

Have you reviewed or compared the feature list of Troc 2020 Vs Troc 2021. I guess Skoda Superb ( which you mentioned you are negotiating) would probably have more features. Yes both are different category vehicles.
Here is some of the features i see are missing in 2021 model
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-troc-comparison.jpg

Please ignore the color option. I believe adding to the above list there is also Cruise Control which is missing.

Other Troc Owners can confirm on the same.
Old 29th August 2021, 11:05   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Need urgent information.

Sorry to say but that Extended Warranty quote is not reasonable at all. 2 years of EW for 69000 rupees i.e. 34500 per year! Really not worth that kind of amount considering that this money, if wisely invested, could double in 4 years from now when the EW will actually come into effect! I remember paying only 7000 bucks for the 5th year EW of my Vento. It's a money making exercise for the dealer for sure and the service value package is also grossly overpriced!
Old 29th August 2021, 11:12   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
EW price is reasonable and you should but it.

Service Value Package is not that important.
So my query was raised as a complaint by VW with dealership here, who discussed it while I was there for booking my car. I explained them the reason for confusion especially on SVP as on VW website it was quoted around 75K while dealership quoted me 97k.

They showed me the communication shared by VW for same (96K), but did understood the reason for my query and assured me that they would raise this with VW and get back to me with their clarification. I told them clearly, my concern is not the amount, but all I need is to understand the reason for discrepancy in information in what dealership is asking for, to what company has put on website.

As assured, the dealership responded to me immediately next day. They confirmed that SVP value is 75K as suggested on website but excludes GST and with GST the value would be 88.5K

In the end this is all sorted. Will try to update on this forum as I get delivery.

Ps: I would be buying insurance on my own and there was this news with regards to Madras court making bumper to bumper insurance mandatory for 5 years for all new cars sold on and after 1st Sep. Do we need to procure insurance for 5 years now while purchasing the car (like we are forced to purchase 3 year TP) or all we need to ensure that we purchase bumper to bumper while renewing each year? Happy if someone could help clarify.

Last edited by cloudno19 : 29th August 2021 at 11:17. Reason: Minor edits to add some missing words and typo to help make sense of my post.
Old 29th August 2021, 12:04   #132
BHPian

Quote:

Have you reviewed or compared the feature list of Troc 2020 Vs Troc 2021. I guess Skoda Superb ( which you mentioned you are negotiating) would probably have more features. Yes both are different category vehicles.
Here is some of the features i see are missing in 2021 model
Thanks for sharing this, I actually have booked a Kurkuma Yellow, not what I would have bought but my mom always dreamt of her son owning a car of this color since she saw a Maruti Zen that was custom painted in similar color almost 2 decades back; luckily the dealership here in Pune just got one allotted to them while I was there for booking my car and I picked it as a gift to my loving mom, she doesn't know it yet and I shall surprise her by asking her to pull the cloth off while delivery .

Meanwhile, coming to your question about why not Superb or other cars, I just posted on Tiguan thread on this but to answer you (hopefully briefly). T-Roc was not even in consideration and My shortlist was 1st preference Tiguan (if at 38lacs including extended warranty and service package) but this seem unlikely now and there is no news of its launch. 2nd preference Superb, almost closed the deal with a good discounted price, but somehow at the last minute ended up taking test drive of T-Roc and for no logical reasoning it just felt like the right car for me. All other cars were dropped for some or other reason.

I am aware this car possibly is not worth the price especially when we compare the segment around/above/below and I am with you on it. But it seems my heart prevailed over all the logic that my mind had to say and I threw all logic in dustbin and went ahead with it (maybe not the characteristic you expect from a member in this enthusiastic and knowledgeable community). I do believe, this may be due to how much it reminded me of my first generation VW Polo, but I am still lost how did it happen

Last edited by cloudno19 : 29th August 2021 at 12:05. Reason: missed a bracket for quote
Old 2nd September 2021, 09:00   #133
BHPian

Question to all Troc owners
I came across this discussion on team bhp “ Would you buy a dual-clutch AT car in India today?”, majority of the responses are “No”, however there are some who have said “yes” .
Folks who have opted YES have suggested one of the option to extend DSG LIFE is to shift the gear selector to “N” if you have to stop for more than 10 seconds.

My question to all Troc owners is - Do you shift the gear selector to “N” when you have to stop for more than 10 seconds ?

The reason for the this question I came across YouTube video which talks about tips on using DCT, and the video mainly talks about avoid creep, and other one is no need to select “N” as with latest cars and technology engineers would have accounted for it .

Cheers
Old 2nd September 2021, 16:20   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Question to all Troc owners
I came across this discussion on team bhp “ Would you buy a dual-clutch AT car in India today?”, majority of the responses are “No”, however there are some who have said “yes” .
Folks who have opted YES have suggested one of the option to extend DSG LIFE is to shift the gear selector to “N” if you have to stop for more than 10 seconds.

My question to all Troc owners is - Do you shift the gear selector to “N” when you have to stop for more than 10 seconds ?

The reason for the this question I came across YouTube video which talks about tips on using DCT, and the video mainly talks about avoid creep, and other one is no need to select “N” as with latest cars and technology engineers would have accounted for it .

Cheers
On traffic light, I keep it in D with auto hold ON.
I found the below conversation on TRoc UK forum

This from VW some years ago when I was new to DSG

"Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your Volkswagen Tiguan’s DSG transmission.

I have forwarded your enquiry to our Technical Support Team, who has offered the following advice regarding the creep control of your vehicle’s DSG transmission; please note the information offered is not for use on any non-approved forums:

Creep control "Creep" refers to the creep behaviour which a conventional automatic gearbox with a torque converter exhibits when the engine is idling and a gear is selected. The creep control function works like this: when the engine is idling and a gear is selected, a defined slip torque is set at the clutch (clutch torque) causing the vehicle to "creep". This allows the vehicle to be manoeuvred (e.g. when parking) without using the accelerator pedal, thus enhancing driving comfort. The vehicle behaves as one would expect an automatic gearbox to. The clutch torque is adjusted to between 1 and 40 Nm, depending on the driving condition and vehicle road speed.*A special feature of the creep control is that of reduced clutch torque at vehicle standstill with the brake applied, whereby less torque is required of the engine (the clutch is further open). Clutch torque is reduced to approx. 1 Nm, depending on the brake pressure. The tendency of the vehicle to creep is reduced accordingly.

I hope this information proves to be of use.

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.
sagwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 19:55   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All
I recently got my T-Roc [White] delivered from Elite Motors, Singasandra
Congratulations. T-Roc is quite an enjoyable car. Unfortunately VW dropped the driver assist functions. At least they should have considered adding basic Cruise Control, if not ACC.

Quote:
VW has been very strange wrt EW for T-Roc. It is not being offered to 2020 owners, although some how, some owners have managed to get. In my case the dealer accepted the money and applied for EW. But VW rejected it, reason being "not applicable for 2020 models". I know of at least one more instance where the owner faced the same issue. I am not sure if VW means to say by rejecting that the 2020 T-Roc is never gonna have any issues and owners you can save money or are they saying that the 2020 owners have paid less than 2021 ones and we better make up that loss when issues start beyond the 4th year. I am not understanding this discrepancy. I wrote to VW customer care about it but I did not get response.

If VW is offering EW beyond the 4th year, go for it.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks