Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 00:16   #151
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

A question to all fellow T-ROC owners - Do you all fill 95 Octane rated petrol as recommended by the manufacturer. Have you faced any problems similar to the ones faced by the Kushaq owners.
Old 30th September 2021, 00:48   #152
BHPian

Note from Support: Please DO NOT quote large posts entirely. Quote only relevant sections of posts. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirdamo View Post
Owners can please advise me as I may need to book this soon.
In your shoes what are is your criteria to short list a car? Write it down somewhere in a pecking order then evaluate which ticks the most.

Don't know your usage pattern or for how many folks it is intended to accommodate. Example: Family.

If you are not in some urgency to buy in next few days then my request would to be to wait, drive out all the vehicles that are in your shortlist and then come to a conclusion.
  • TROC you have test driven
  • Taigun (1.5) assuming you have test driven before/after TROC
  • XUV700 is not yet available for a test drive.
  • Throwing MG Astor also in this list
For VW T-Roc extended warranty should be available. Please cross check and you are covered during the duration of warranty.

Parts availability in few cases could be challenging where it needs to be imported from another country. Volkswagen would have stocked few parts and components in the distribution centers for example body panels, wear and tear parts etc. These would be easier turn around time.

Maintenance / service cost should be also straight forward. You check the service cost upfront. Link

Resale value is where you might take a hit.

Internationally for facelift there are changes being carried out in T-Roc. It will come with new design language and reports suggest that Volkswagen is trying to address one of it's sore point i.e hard plastics interiors.

If that version makes to Indian market, then it is natural to say this one is a little older version and try to haggle. That is how the market is.

Unless fellow enthusiast laps this one during resale, do expect people to bargain hard.

Perception of Volkswagen being high maintenance still exists in masses. To an extent long term reliability concerns are valid too.

Think hard. Drive all the contenders.

Head vs heart will always be the case most of us end up with. Choose the one which best suits your needs.

Remember: You win some and you loose some.

Credits & copyright: carwow.co.uk for the link on the facelift version of VW T-Roc.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2021 at 18:12. Reason: Quotes trimmed. See note.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 17:11   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Owners can please advise me as I may need to book this soon.
If you are looking to sell if after 3 years why not try the VW Subscription or lease option (I do not have much information but i did see article and also the VW India website has it. The cars listed for subscription are:
  • Polo
  • Vento
  • T-Roc
I was at similar cross roads when i was thinking of buying T-Roc, I evaluated Seltos, Jeep Compass but in the end went with T-Roc.
So far its been great experience. There are other T-Roc owners who have been using it for year + [2020 model] and I do not see any issues. Also with respect to parts like mentioned by other BHPIan some parts may be challenge but over all i guess it shouldn't take more than 15 - 20 days. I recently watched YouTube video in which owner shares the maintenance cost and also had to get the entire headlight assembly replaced [which took about 15 days - 20 days].

That's my few cents.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2021 at 18:11. Reason: Typos fixed. Quotes trimmed. See note.
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 23:53   #154
BHPian

Hi,

Thanks for your advise

I drove the Taigun GT plus today and saw TROC again

The sales guy was pushing me to confirm, but asked for 2 days since XUV700 test drive should happen on 2nd October

I will take a decision after that..

--

Think hard. Drive all the contenders.

Head vs heart will always be the case most of us end up with. Choose the one which best suits your needs.

Remember: You win some and you loose some.

Credits & copyright: carwow.co.uk for the link on the facelift version of VW T-Roc.[/quote]
sudhirdamo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 00:01   #155
BHPian

Thanks a lot!!

I checked up Subscription - TROC is appx . 59,000 per month

For 3 years it would cost about 21 lakh outgo in 3 years with zero residual value after the usage period which isn't the best case scenario for me

I used Maruti & Mahindra so far and was lucky to get 60-70% on my old car helping me fund the next one a bit more comfortably

I also went through the video suggested by you..

Found this link -

Its useful insight into car repair and insurance aspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSprit_ssk View Post
If you are looking to sell if after 3 years why not try the VW Subscription or lease option (I do not have much information but i did see article and also the VW India website has it. The cars listed for subscription are:
  • Polo
  • Vento
  • T-Roc
I was at similar cross roads when i was thinking of buying T-Roc, I evaluated Seltos, Jeep Compass but in the end went with T-Roc.
So far its been great experience. There are other T-Roc owners who have been using it for year + [2020 model] and I do not see any issues. Also with respect to parts like mentioned by other BHPIan some parts may be challenge but over all i guess it shouldn't take more than 15 - 20 days. I recently watched YouTube video in which owner shares the maintenance cost and also had to get the entire headlight assembly replaced [which took about 15 days - 20 days].

That's my few cents.
Old 1st October 2021, 09:48   #156
BHPian

Hi Sudhirdamo
59000 - I find it way too expensive !

The video you have shared is the one i was referring to. Thanks for sharing the link. With all this information, Did you happen to finalize on whats your next car going to be ?

Quote:
Thanks a lot!!

For 3 years it would cost about 21 lakh outgo in 3 years with zero residual value after the usage period which isn't the best case scenario for me

I used Maruti & Mahindra so far and was lucky to get 60-70% on my old car helping me fund the next one a bit more comfortably

I also went through the video suggested by you..

Found this link -

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=QDF1gdBIvfs

Its useful insight into car repair and insurance aspect
Old 1st October 2021, 11:31   #157
BHPian

Quote:
The sales guy was pushing me to confirm, but asked for 2 days since XUV700 test drive should happen on 2nd October

I will take a decision after that.. .
[/quote]

Quote:
Thanks a lot!!

For sales it is about meeting their month end number. Good you pushed back. What are your observations between TROC and Taigun. Is XUV700 still in contention post price reveal?

Subscription model is new fad every manufacturer is lining up to offer here. It doesn't suit or offer any value to individual customers.

Unless it's for a corporate fleet i don't foresee any reason to opt for one. May be few expats who are on a short stint here and want to drive around with out having hassle to deal with reselling issues.
Old 1st October 2021, 18:50   #158
BHPian

Had seen the T-Roc yesterday in flesh when I went to VW showroom to TD the Taigun.

Liked everything in the T-Roc and to be honest, I felt that instead of spending 21L on Taigun, I'd spend another 4-5L and get a T-Roc due to its build quality.

The only thing I didn't like in T-Roc is leg space in rear seat. It had lacked under thigh support and that too coming from a Honda City, which we have one at home. Taigun felt much better in this department. Heck, I even felt Harrier and Seltos has much better legroom than T-Roc.

If we really have a budget of 25L and if VW could've bought Diesel in this car, we could've bought it eyes closed.

And, yesterday, I've seen couple of T-Rocs in Grey and Blue colour getting delivered, and, even today, I've seen one getting delivered in white dual tone colour when I went for Taigun TD.

Took a couple of pics in two different colours.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-a2e93de4617a49a4a77af738b9ef6af0.jpeg  

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-444305e57f7f4effbc9cdf5aab634053.jpeg  

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 1st October 2021 at 18:56.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 21:01   #159
BHPian

Hi

Yes, I did drive the Taigun GT plus, Taigun AT (yesterday) and Petrol XUV700 Automatic (today)

My broad observations compared to TROC, is nothing matches the build quality of VW CBU

Taigun feels close but not exactly up there, its clearly has hints of heavy localisation with a different kind of plastic and some missing bits (I wonder why they gave a sunglass holder in all variants only to leave it blank)

XUV700 was so so hyped, I spent so much time analysing this.. The petrol was very smooth and I loved it.. But I felt all the electronic gizmos are not VFM.. You only get the Electronic parking brake, 360 camera, etc are in AX7-L variant which is 25 Lakh on road in Mumbai

TROC @ 27 Lakh seemed better finished and worth the money - only misses are cruise control, rear leg space, etc

But, if I had to choose a city car for a couple who doesn't have kids - then TROC makes full sense

I have a 5 year old, and the issue I am facing is my new Thar doesn't keep my daughter happy when she is sitting behind

I think I may need to hold on, as I can't yet decide amongst these 3 - though my heart still leans towards a modern, sophisticated European cross over

For sales it is about meeting their month end number. Good you pushed back. What are your observations between TROC and Taigun. Is XUV700 still in contention post price reveal?

Subscription model is new fad every manufacturer is lining up to offer here. It doesn't suit or offer any value to individual customers.

Unless it's for a corporate fleet i don't foresee any reason to opt for one. May be few expats who are on a short stint here and want to drive around with out having hassle to deal with reselling issues.[/quote]
Old 2nd October 2021, 02:19   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post

And, yesterday, I've seen couple of T-Rocs in Grey and Blue colour getting delivered, and, even today, I've seen one getting delivered in white dual tone colour when I went for Taigun TD.

Took a couple of pics in two different colours.
I think you’ve taken these pics at Mody VW near kamineni hospitals. If you’re staying around, you’ll definitely spot my Blue Angel too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
A question to all fellow T-ROC owners - Do you all fill 95 Octane rated petrol as.
First full tank was with normal petrol. After checking this cap myself, once my tank was near to empty,re-filled at Indian Oil COCO with XP95. Thanks to their wide network with XP95 supply. I have noticed a very smooth drive within city and ACT getting engaged very frequently. Of course there are multiple rules for ACT to get engaged. Also understood that it’ll deliver better FE. Given the lesser markup price in comparison to 91 petrol, it’s recommended to go for XP95 only.
Futhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 09:25   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
A question to all fellow T-ROC owners - Do you all fill 95 Octane rated petrol as recommended by the manufacturer. Have you faced any problems similar to the ones faced by the Kushaq owners.
After buying I used normal petrol for about the first 2000 kms. Then indian oil launched the xp100, which i naively went and got filled to the brim only to realise it was a months' downpayment. . I get xp95 from indian oil whenever i get the chance, else normal petrol. But i ensure i dont rev much with normal fuel. I had asked this question previously in the tread to which the general consensus was that normal petrol was as good as any.
Zenith Axis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 02:46   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futhead View Post
I think you’ve taken these pics at Mody VW near kamineni hospitals. If you’re staying around, you’ll definitely spot my Blue Angel too
Yes, I had taken these pics at Mody VW itself. But, I stay at Tarnaka though I frequent around LB Nagar area almost regularly and definitely will spot your T-Roc a.k.a Blue Angel.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 14:41   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith Axis View Post
After buying I used normal petrol for about the first 2000 kms. Then indian oil launched the xp100, which i naively went and got filled to the brim only to realise it was a months' downpayment. . I get xp95 from indian oil whenever i get the chance, else normal petrol. But i ensure i dont rev much with normal fuel. I had asked this question previously in the thread to which the general consensus was that normal petrol was as good as any.
I would advise you to stick with 95 Octane rated petrol as a preventive measure. The manufacturer has clearly pointed it and also this car was manufactured in Europe, they might not have tested it with our conditions. You can now see most Kushaq owners suffering and I would strictly advise you to keep your priced possession safe.

Indian oil now provides XP95 petrol in almost every pump, find the pumps near you which provides RON 95 rated fuel. Also I think 95 octane rated fuel provides a visible increase in mileage and performance.
RR96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 12:45   #164
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Got my White T-Roc delivered in Sep end. Took 4+2 warranty and bargained for self insurance + discount. Overall got extended warranty for free.

Driven around 150km in 15 days and am loving it. Overall mileage of 10-12 in the city. Still getting used to the infotainment & paddle shifters.

I had a few questions::
1) The digital cockpit has fixed presets which can be customised but I am unable to overwrite the presets. Is it possible? Does anyone know how to overwrite?

2) Volkswagen Downtown (Shaman) in Mumbai is saying accessories like the Loading sill protection & luggage compartment reversible mat are not available. Any idea where I can get them? Also the floor mat are useless like someone else noted. Is there an option for better fitted mats that cover completely, without disturbing the bottom air vent?

3) Do we get the optional accessory for Volkswagen Go or Connect? My sales guy says they are not available.

4) Is the VAG easily available in India? I might have friends coming in from UK for the holiday season (fingers crossed).

5) Any other software settings which can be enabled during first service? From infotainment, I have configured (a) left mirror tilt, (b) headlight dip on right, (c) auto side mirror close on lock, (d) FOB Long press windows open/shut.

Im hoping to keep this car for 8-10 years / 1-1.5L km so want to make sure of everything from the start.
dvl666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 11:29   #165
BHPian

Hi dvl666
Congratulations on your new possession! I am sure you will enjoy it.
I did not exactly understand about digital cockpit presets. There are some bits which can be customized. Here is a link to youtube video which talks about digital cockpit. The relevant section which you are looking for [Hopefully] starts from 5:14

I am not sure of any feature which can be turned on at first service. I recently got the first service done and the shop floor guys were surprised discovering many features not available in 2021 model. I wanted to check on the message which appears when the vehicle is turned off. " Check for safelock". They were not able to help me on that .

Will wait for other TRoc owners to pitch in

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl666 View Post
Hi Guys,

Got my White T-Roc delivered in Sep end. Took 4+2 warranty and bargained for self insurance + discount. Overall got extended warranty for free.

Driven around 150km in 15 days and am loving it. Overall mileage of 10-12 in the city. Still getting used to the infotainment & paddle shifters.

I had a few questions::
1) The digital cockpit has fixed presets which can be customised but I am unable to overwrite the presets. Is it possible? Does anyone know how to overwrite?

2) Volkswagen Downtown (Shaman) in Mumbai is saying accessories like the Loading sill protection & luggage compartment reversible mat are not available. Any idea where I can get them? Also the floor mat are useless like someone else noted. Is there an option for better fitted mats that cover completely, without disturbing the bottom air vent?

3) Do we get the optional accessory for Volkswagen Go or Connect? My sales guy says they are not available.

4) Is the VAG easily available in India? I might have friends coming in from UK for the holiday season (fingers crossed).

5) Any other software settings which can be enabled during first service? From infotainment, I have configured (a) left mirror tilt, (b) headlight dip on right, (c) auto side mirror close on lock, (d) FOB Long press windows open/shut.

Im hoping to keep this car for 8-10 years / 1-1.5L km so want to make sure of everything from the start.
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks