Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2021, 18:22   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Couple of items we can clearly see. The paradigm shift to petrols for X-overs with 1.5/2L turbo petrols. Diesels will still hold fort for the bigger ones. And really the blue is just smashing in presence. Kudos to VW to keep design still simple, elegant and understated.

It must be crazy machine to drive on highways and the 2-Lanes of TN! Take it once to the temple town on Kumbakonam and drive to Thiruvarur! You will know what I mean.

A belated congrats to having a superb machine
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 16:24   #92
BHPian

Re: 2nd Free Service @ 7500 KM/ 6 Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
Completed 7500 km on ODO on 28 Nov 2020.
I reached VW Jabalpur workshop by 12:30 pm on 5th December for 2nd free service.

Car is making a very weird noise while reversing the car with brake pedal pressed gently.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=KnwU0QEJ4bk
Noise is more prone in the morning when I am taking the car out of the garage. I have read this issue on T Roc UK forum(VW described it as a cow 'mooing' https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=299). It is a design flaw and changing the brake-pad and disc is the only solution to this problem. SA cleaned all the brake pads. I was shocked to see rust in many parts. I asked them to apply any rust remover solvent to remove the rust. SA could not find any solution and I refused to clean the rusty part with emery paper as the part is coated with some plating.

Reverse Noise is resolved during 15000 Km service (Service Cost Rs 9000)

VW issued a TPI for mooing noise from the rear brake system when braking. The noise has a pitch of about 300 Hz and can be clearly assigned to the rear brake system.

TPI No 2049996/13, Release Date 11 feb 2021
4 no Rear Pad Replaced ( Part No 5Q0 698 451 J)
Old rear pad part no 5Q0698 451 Q

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-28224b69dc934fb5b8c2163f7f2804f5.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_2122.jpg  

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_2123.jpg  

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_2124.jpg  

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_2125.jpg  

sagwal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 13:33   #93
BHPian

Re: 2nd Free Service @ 7500 KM/ 6 Months

Quote:
Noise from rear brakes while reversing the car with the light brake pedal pressed

Car is making a very weird noise while reversing the car with brake pedal pressed gently.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=KnwU0QEJ4bk
Noise is more prone in the morning when I am taking the car out of the garage. I have read this issue on T Roc UK forum(VW described it as a cow 'mooing' https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=299). It is a design flaw and changing the brake-pad and disc is the only solution to this problem.
I have a Seat Leon and since it's based on the same MQB platform, the brake components are shared and I have the same issue with the rear brakes. While it might be a design problem, what I have noticed is that when I use the following product to clean the wheels, the sound goes away till the dirt/dust accumulates:
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-sonax.jpg
I hope I can get the pads changed when I go for my service or if they do any recall to change the pads
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 23:21   #94
BHPian

T Roc 2021
No Lane Assist
No Front Assist

Do not know why VW India disabled these features in this year T Roc
sagwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 12:08   #95
BHPian

T-roc has the infamous DQ200 gearbox, while it had many issues and failures in Polos, Ventos, Rapids and the other cars in which it was present, currently I haven't heard of any issues in the new cars it is coming in. How has your experience been? Experienced any issues or anything? I am intrested as it would be coming in kushaq and Taigun and wanted to know some user experience.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 21:51   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
T-roc has the infamous ...
I am in touch with around 19 T Roc owners who have driven upto 30000 kms. There have not been any complaints on DQ200 so far. However this is not enough to ascertain it's reliability. In the years to come we will know. We keep a fixed deposit of 5 lakhs just for dq200 , pun intended!
tristis2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 16:12   #97
BHPian

Hello!

Just a quick update on T-Roc which we got in September'20. The car was sitting idle at home for more than a month due to lockdowns, I used to start it regularly and leave it on for 5-10min for overall wellbeing of the car. Now that lockdowns are being relaxed, I gave a nice wash only to release that the Horn has stopped working

It is parked indoors in a closed parking so chances of a mouse cutting the wire etc were minimal. I took it to the service center where they said they'll replace the horn. But to my surprise, for such a well engineered and well thought out car, the horn placement is absurd. The guys had to remove the complete bumper, remove all the couplers for front parking sensors, and fog lamps for finally reach the horn which is right behind the passenger side fog lamp. It was painful to watch because I had PPF on my bumper and I was worried they'll tear it because taking the bumper off in T-roc is no easy task, the locks are tooo damn tight. Have a look, I've marked the single horn placement, and no you cannot install the lovely VW double horn setup.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-troc-horn.jpg
Old 11th June 2021, 17:09   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Hello!

I gave a nice wash only to release that the Horn has stopped working
I know two T Roc owners having this same issue.
As per the owner, bumper was not removed only the mud flap & engine guard were removed
What could be the reason for failure ???

Last edited by sagwal : 11th June 2021 at 17:19. Reason: additional information
Old 18th June 2021, 11:21   #99
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Nagaditya Sarvadevabatla for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Welcome to my short stint of 8 months and 10K km - VW T-Roc ownership experience. Prior to the T-Roc, I had driven a VW Polo for 80K km in a span of 6 years of niggle free ownership.

Pros:
  • Smooth and well-refined 1.5L TSI EVO engine. Cruises at 110 km/h at 1,800 rpm.
  • Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) works actively and if driven with knowledge on how to use it translates to very good fuel economy. It took time to understand this, and it took me a good 3,000 km of driving.
  • Lane Assist feature is bliss keeps the car between the lanes, need to use the indicator to deactivate this.
  • Acceptable mileage around 15 - 17 km/l on multiple trips between Bangalore and Hyderabad with 4 adults and a boot filed to the brim, thanks to IKEA Hyderabad.
  • On Stretches like ORR in Hyderabad, the T-Roc can give a mileage of around 20 - 21 km/l as we need to keep the car under 100 km/h.
  • Top-notch safety kit and planted drive. You will be doing around 140 km/h with a slight press of the accelerator.
  • The car inspires confidence when driven hard, the hills in and around Karnataka and can be done just in drive mode. Sports mode engaged so far only to experience the thrill of driving.
  • You can leave both hands off the steering as the lane assist keeps the car inside the lane. Do it for too long, you will first get a chime and you continue to leave your hands until the car applies an emergency brake and stops completely. Please don’t try this, it was done on an empty unused road stretch.
  • The car breaks well and has never disappointed both in dry and very wet road surfaces.
  • Headlights and taillights are very different and can gather attention.
  • Never had issues with ground clearance. Covered most Bangalore humps with 5 adults without scraping any speed breaker.
  • Digital info active display can be customised on what you want to see and is very crisp.
  • Dynamic headlamp range adjustment adapts well, based on light and speed; it took time for me to get used to the white LEDs.
  • The Head unit is crisp and hardly there is any lag on the screen. The sound output is decent enough.

Cons:
  • Missing the Adaptive Cruise Control.
  • Electric Tailgate. Mind you the tailgate is heavy and needs a good amount of energy to pull it down.
  • Mileage will kill you for short travel. Less than 3KM. It will be around 7-8 KMPL.
  • Navigation to mirror on the driver dash.
  • Aftermarket accessories are difficult to find. Had to purchase a floor mat and boot mat from 3M. This will set you back by 15K.
  • VW could have re-designed the boot floor to extract more boot space.

Other observations:
  1. Car provided with puncture kit and tyre inflator, car cover.
  2. You can sync two phones via Bluetooth. One for the phone and the other for music. Car play worked well without any niggle. Used with iPhone XR and iPhone 12. The phone does not heat while charging if you are using Apple's original charging cable.
  3. Two Zone climate control works well, and the car comes with Air Care which basically filters the entire cabin air.
  4. Start-stop can confuse you but engages well with very minimal feedback from the driver.

Dealership and 6 months of Service.

Confirmed the booking with VW Bangalore on 24 August 2020. As promised the car was delivered on 28 August 2020. Was particular with the date as it was my 10-year wedding anniversary.

30 days and 6 months service was essentially a software scan and check off all the oil levels. Received a complimentary car care kit from VW Deccan (Hyderabad) for 30 days swagath service.

Issue and niggles.

None.

Some pictures. Not a photo geek. All pictures were taken on my phone.

Name:  vwtrocownershipreview 1.png
Views: 14479
Size:  321.9 KB

On the Day of delivery, my daughter was excited about the bare shell polo.

Name:  vwtrocownershipreview 2.png
Views: 14498
Size:  389.9 KB

The orange colour was chosen between wifey and daughter.

Name:  vwtrocownershipreview 3.png
Views: 14409
Size:  360.7 KB

Has a lot of character at the rear.

Name:  vwtrocownershipreview 4.png
Views: 14367
Size:  246.7 KB

On the Arrow straight Bangalore - Hyderabad Stretch.

Name:  vwtrocownershipreview 5.png
Views: 14333
Size:  277.0 KB

The rear parking camera is sharp. Aided with OPS. See the controls for dual-zone climate control. Auto start-stop function.

Name:  vwtrocownershipreview 6.png
Views: 14216
Size:  140.5 KB

Average fuel efficiency is mostly around 15 - 17 km/l when driven between 100 and 120 km/h. You can expect around 18 to 20 when driven at 80 and 90 km/h.

Name:  vwtrocownershipreview 7.png
Views: 14323
Size:  608.9 KB

The engine bay is clean without any clutter. Typical VW layout.

Name:  vwtrocownershipreview 8.png
Views: 14201
Size:  191.0 KB

10k km and counting. The yellow indicator is the lane guidance system.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 11:59   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Thanks to Nagaditya Sarvadevabatla for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Nagaditya Sarvadevabatla Thanks for sharing a detailed experience review.
How can I connect with you. Any email id etc
Old 18th June 2021, 12:38   #101
BHPian

Was reading through your posts and the issue that you are having with your Bridgestone tyres! Was it solved?

I am surprised that VW workshop is doing this much and following procedures to service their cars as specified by VW.

I hope you have taken the maximum extended warranty that you can on your VW. The reason I say is because of the below examples (there are many more but these are the top pics)

1.Somewhere in 2009-10, the Hyundai folks delivered my FIL's i20 after 2nd or 3rd service with NO OIL in the engine and then tried to blame him for it. The funny part being that engine had seized about 1km from the service center post taking the delivery.

2. Back in 2006-7, the Honda service center had just opened up and I had gone there to get my vtec's driveshaft boot replaced. Not only did they not know how to open the cv joint to insert the new boot back in, they were not capable of putting the shaft back and didnt even know that there was a locking clip that existed.

The best dialogue that I thoroughly enjoy across JBP when they dont know something or they don't have something that you want is " sir woh toh company ne band kar diya.. production band ho gaya " or " company band ho gayi" lol.

Please ensure that you document everything on the job card and be anal to get your work done!

Quote:
Nagaditya Sarvadevabatla Thanks for sharing a detailed experience review.
How can I connect with you. Any email id etc

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 18th June 2021 at 12:40.
ssjr0498 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 17:19   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Was reading through your posts and the issue that you are having with your Bridgestone tyres! Was it solved?
No, this issue is not resolved.

Quote:
I am surprised that VW workshop is doing this much and following procedures to service their cars as specified by VW.
Yes, dealer is very helpful. People at workshops lack training.
Quote:
I hope you have taken the maximum extended warranty that you can on your VW. The reason I say is because of the below examples (there are many more but these are the top pics)
As of now, VW is not providing any EW for 2020 T Roc.
EW is avialable for 2021 T Roc.

Quote:
Please ensure that you document everything on the job card and be anal to get your work done!
Thanks for your suggestions and for sharing your valuable experiences.
Old 18th June 2021, 18:06   #103

I have availed the extended warranty at the time of receiving the car. I paid approx 13 K this. I purchased the car from VW Bangalore. Elite Motors.
aditya7382 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 09:25   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya7382 View Post
I have availed the extended warranty at the time of receiving the car. I paid approx 13 K this. I purchased the car from VW Bangalore. Elite Motors.
13k seems to be a very less amount for EW. Is it for 2021 T Roc?
Which year is covered under EW?
Old 19th June 2021, 09:35   #105

For year 5 and 6. Each year it’s 13k 26 K effectively for 5 and 6 years .
aditya7382 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks