Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2020, 16:06   #61
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
The Voice Command is a standard feature which needs to be Activated using an Activation Key, which comes with a part number 5G0054802A and often a price, which I've attached a screenshot of in my previous thread. Voice Command is not a VCDS or ODIS level tweak which can just be enabled by the dealership, else I would have happily shared the way to do it here. It would be great if the dealership obliges and gets it activated for you without charging the Activation Key fee (in my case) but either way, an Activation Key is needed (I speak from experience ).
An activation key is a must for this feature. During my delivery of car, this activation code was not available with the dealer so he requested to get it activated after 15 days. Now activation code is available but they don't know how to do it
It is free of cost with T Roc.

Quote:
The Car Key fob should ideally not be Low on battery, but it should be noted that the cars have been in storage from a time these CBUs were designated to be on sale in India (which coincides with a time near the Corona Lockdown). This makes most T-Rocs not 1.5 months, old but roughly over 5-6 months old already, which could be a potential explanation for the faster than usual deterioration. Moreover, the remote battery must not have been renewed during the dealership PDI. I'm sure the dealership can help you with a new battery free of charge during your Swagat or 6 Month Checkup, or you can just change it yourself.
Yes, you are right.
Car manufacturing date is 06/12/2019.
The delivery date is 21/09/2020. So it is almost 9 months old.
sagwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 19:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting one of the most affordable 5-star NCAP rated car

I am sure their rating system is less demanding for made in India cars, as just 2 airbags is good enough for 5-stars.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 09:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
Great Review
I booked my yellow T-Roc on 31/08/2020 and got it on 21/09/2020. I have few doubts.

c) Dealer could not remove sticker from Hockey Stick (near boot). I tried removing it by rubbing but all in vain. Please suggest how it can be removed.

e) Key battery got low within 1.5 months.
Congratulations on your Volkswagen T-Roc Sagwal! Do share some pics of your beast. Almost all the T-Roc owners that I've come across have been unsuccessful in removing the adhesive for the chrome garnish near the boot. I've recently got a full on ppf and the folks there who prepped the vehicle managed to remove it. They mentioned that it was quite a tedious task and at one point asked us to request the dealer for replacement. I suggest that you ask for a full replacement during your first service perhaps. I would also suggest the same for your battery.
Seahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
Almost all the T-Roc owners that I've come across have been unsuccessful in removing the adhesive for the chrome garnish near the boot. I've recently got a full on ppf and the folks there who prepped the vehicle managed to remove it. They mentioned that it was quite a tedious task and at one point asked us to request the dealer for replacement. I suggest that you ask for a full replacement during your first service perhaps. I would also suggest the same for your battery.
Thanks, Seahawk. Sure I will upload the photos.

Full replacement of Hockey Stick means the dealer has to install new hockey sticks without any sticker ??

I will ask for a new battery during my 2nd service at 7500 Km (6400 Km completed).

I am also facing an issue with tyre wear. I will attach few photos of tyre.
Old 24th November 2020, 19:18   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I've recently got a full on ppf and the folks there who prepped the vehicle managed to remove it. They mentioned that it was quite a tedious task and at one point asked us to request the dealer for replacement.
Got the first service done for my car. The blue stickers on the hockey sticks have been removed. They used a surface grinder to get rid of the stickers . I was worried that it would affect the chrome plating and also possibly scrape the paint on the car itself. No such mistakes were done. There are some remnant speckles of blue sticker, but they said, they will remove them as well.

Also, the front windscreen wipers were replaced. VW has already instructed them on the same. They also replaced the tow hook, which was not fitting into the groove. I hope the same was taken care of, for your cars as well. By the way, no firmware updates were needed or nor any features were disabled.

Last edited by tristis2008 : 24th November 2020 at 19:21.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 20:28   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
The blue stickers on the hockey sticks have been removed. They used a surface grinder to get rid of the stickers.
This is not the correct way

Quote:
Also, the front windscreen wipers were replaced. VW has already instructed them on the same.
Have you contacted VW to replace the wipers?
My wipers were also making noise and dealer cleaned them with a solution during first service. It worked well for few days and now again noise is coming.

I want them to replaced.

Quote:
They also replaced the tow hook, which was not fitting into the groove.
Need to check it before 2nd service.

Dealer gave me washer fluid solution and car shampoo after 1st service (Swagat).
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-8842865b99574a1e8d6560558d227203.png

Is Voice control activated in your T Roc ??
Old 24th November 2020, 22:17   #67
BHPian

Quote:
This is not the correct way
Agree. I also objected to it. But they insisted that, that is how it is done. During delivery though, they had said that, they are waiting for a cleansing liquid from Bosch; but there seems to be none. May be it's my mistake that I allowed them to go ahead. It probably has weakened the chrome plating and may come off over a period of time. I will take it up with VW.

Wipers and tow hook were replaced by them pro-actively. They said, they have the instructions from VW to do so. For wipers though, they did ask me if there was any noise while indicating that they would replace them anyway. I suggest that you check if tow hook fits into the slot or not. May it's already replaced in your tool kit. Better check at the rear one to avoid any accidental paint damage to the front one.

Thanks for pointing to the service offer. I did not get any care kit. I will check with them.

Voice control was activated during delivery itself in my car.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 23:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Wipers and tow hook were replaced by them pro-actively. They said, they have the instructions from VW to do so. For wipers though, they did ask me if there was any noise while indicating that they would replace them anyway.
This is good gesture by VW.

Quote:
Better check at the rear one to avoid any accidental paint damage to the front one.
I ll keep this in mind.
Old 28th November 2020, 10:28   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I suggest that you check if the tow hook fits into the slot or not. May it's already replaced in your tool kit. Better check at the rear one to avoid any accidental paint damage to the front one.
As per your suggestion, I checked the fitment of the tow hook at the rear end.

Fitment is okay

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8101.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8097.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8098.jpeg

Online latest T Roc Owner manual using VIN.
Please translate the page to English if it is in German language.

https://userguide.volkswagen.de/public/vin/login/de_DE

I am due for the 2nd service. Please suggest what needs to be changed during this service (engine oil, transmission oil, any seal, brake fluid, coolant, etc ?)
sagwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 19:48   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Conclusion: -

Acknowledgment: -
A very special thanks to Bhp’ians Harneet.S, tristis2008, JOKARR, namanchaudhary, Parth Oomphy.
All the members who contributed valuable information and important consumer advice in the T-Roc forum. All my queries were promptly answered by fellow Bhp’ians and I’m grateful that such a platform that brings together passionate people exists.
Congratulations on your new car purchase buddy, that Troc looks awesome in that blue Colour. It’ll definitely pop on our Indian roads & I hope it serves you well for years to come.
Also Thanks for the mention, I’m glad I can be of any help to you throughout your car buying process.
And excellent review too, I always wanted Teambhp to have a Troc Ownership thread like Mr. Perera created one for the Karoq, but no Troc owner was taking the initiative & I’m glad you stepped forward and wrote such comprehensively about the car, It’ll definitely help prospective buyers a lot.
Cheers

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd December 2020 at 09:59. Reason: fixed the quote tags. thanks.
Parth Oomphy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 10:19   #71
BHPian

Many congratulations Seahawk on your new acquisition and nice compiled review as well. Rated five stars.

T-Roc may not remain niche after such an awesome review

Quote:
Lighting: -

This vehicle has a camera built into the rear-view mirror for the high beam assist which automatically dips the headlights when it detects either oncoming traffic or vehicles ahead. But for some reason Volkswagen have disabled that feature, an OBD eleven update should cure it.
I believe this camera is part of Road Sign Recognition System, works pretty well in Europe for recognizing and alerting driver about speed limits and no overtaking zones. Obviously, does not make sense in India as of now. I hope you are able to enable it in next OBD update.
gloriole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 11:25   #72
BHPian

2nd Free Service @ 7500 KM/ 6 Months

Completed 7500 km on ODO on 28 Nov 2020.
I reached VW Jabalpur workshop by 12:30 pm on 5th December for 2nd free service.

Issues in car
Cracks in Bridgestone Tyre
Wiper Noise
Key Battery Low
Noise from rear brakes while reversing the car with the light brake pedal pressed
Voice Activation Pending

Dealer contacted Bridgestone dealer in Jabalpur to inspect the tyres as cracks are visible inside the treads in all four tyres. Bridgestone rep could not come on that day and the dealer ensured me to get the tyre inspected at my residence. I wanted the tyre inspection process at VW workshop so that car can be lifted and cracks can be seen easily. Issue not resolved during 2nd service.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8746.jpeg

As wipers were making noise from day 1 and I told this issue to them during the first service. SA cleaned the wipers with a solution and it worked fine for few days and then again become noisy. This time I insisted to change all three wipers. Wipers were not available in stock. Dealer will place the order for wipers. Issue not resolved during 2nd service.

Car is making a very weird noise while reversing the car with brake pedal pressed gently.

Noise is more prone in the morning when I am taking the car out of the garage. I have read this issue on T Roc UK forum(VW described it as a cow 'mooing' https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=299). It is a design flaw and changing the brake-pad and disc is the only solution to this problem. SA cleaned all the brake pads. I was shocked to see rust in many parts. I asked them to apply any rust remover solvent to remove the rust. SA could not find any solution and I refused to clean the rusty part with emery paper as the part is coated with some plating.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8483.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8486.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8488.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8492.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8494.jpeg

Voice activation could not be completed as the trained person was on leave.

The air filter was cleaned.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8480.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8481.jpeg

Brake fluid was filled.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8508.jpeg

Engine oil SAE 5W 40 was filled. I don't know why diesel is written on it.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8509.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8510.jpeg

The wiper tank was filled with a solution of washer fluid and water.

Car was connected to Offroad Diagonistic Information system Service 6.2.0
It showed four errors.

a) 0009 Battery test Remote Control
0009-Electronic Central Electric
204290 B 147918 Remote Control Key 1 voltage too low (00001001 active/static)
b) J533 - Data Bus Diagnostic interface, CAN bus (implausible message)
00B7 - Interface for Access/start system
12786210 U112200 Databus implausible message (00001000 passive/sporadic)
c) R189 - Reversing Camera
005F-Information electronics 1
6720 B110231 Rearview Camera no signal (00001000 passive/sporadic)
d) 00B7 - Coding/parameterization
00B7 -Interface for Access/start system
12786210 U112200 Databus implausible message (00001000 passive/sporadic)

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8516.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8517.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8518.jpeg

error a) may be due to the low key battery as my key battery got low after 1.5 months of use and a message was displayed in vehicle status.
In Error d) software was showing "This test checks whether the Kessy needs to be coded"

No idea about other errors. Rear View camera is working fine.
The person running this scan had no idea about these errors. Someone told him to check main battery health as they could not understand the reason for error a.
SA used VAS 6161 device to check battery health (Test Code J9AH4-300BKA )
Results
Battery Health >>> Good Recharge
Volatge >>>>>>>> 12.37 V
Measured>>>>>>> 426 A(DIN)
Rated >>>>>>>>>> 180 A(DIN)
Temperature >>>>> 32 degree celcius

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8519.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8520.jpeg

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_8521.jpeg

Then SA deleted/reset these errors. I insisted to run the scan again but he ignored it.

It took 5 hours to complete the 2nd service.

Update after one Month

No improvement in noise while reversing( as expected).
Dealer did not contacted me to inspect tyres. I also got little busy so could not contact Dealer.
One more error: Emergency call. Please visit workshop. The light near SOS button has turned red.
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_9207.jpg
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_9208.jpg
Red Light
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_9202.jpg
When the car is turned off and the driver door is opened light turns green.
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_9203.jpg

I will be visiting the workshop this Saturday (02/01/2021).

Overall I am happy with my T Roc. I Will post about 10K KM experience of T Roc in coming days.

Regards
Sagwal

Last edited by sagwal : 30th December 2020 at 11:32. Reason: added tyre photo and a url
sagwal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 16:14   #73
BHPian

Quote:

Issues in car
Cracks in Bridgestone Tyre
Wiper Noise
Key Battery Low
Noise from rear brakes while reversing the car with the light brake pedal pressed
Voice Activation Pending
I congratulate you on completing 7500 kms. Also thank you for sharing a detailed service experience. While we all seem to enjoy driving this car, it is also worrying that this car is showing up issues so early. Given the cars were manufactured in November / December 2019, were out in the sea for a long time and then in yards for months together, some of these problems can be anticipated. When the Tiguans arrived at the dealers yards, they were covered well, while the T-Roc's were not covered at all ! Not sure how much that would have helped in preventing some of these problems.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img20200724wa0004_1.jpg

1. Brittleness in Rubber parts:
The cars were out in the sun during the entire summer in India. It is likely that the rubber parts have become brittle.
In my case, the front wipers were making noise and were replaced after checking. The rear one seemed okay then. I checked the beading of windows and sunroof as well which seemed to be okay. Given your experience, I checked the four tyres for any cracks. To my dismay, the front tyre on co-driver side has chipped off at two places. Not sure if it is due to brittleness.

2. Draining key batteries:
When I got the keys at the time of delivery, I expected that the spare one is protected from draining with an insulator tucked between the battery contacts. That was the case with Vento's keys when I had bought back then, but not in case of T-Roc. If I assume, that was the case with you and others as well, the batteries were slowly draining anyway during this entire period and also the fact that it has kessy, it will drain more than other fobs.

3. Noise:
Regarding the noise while reversing, are you getting noise similar to the youtube video you have shared ? While manoeuvring the car for reversing, I do get noise while braking as well as turning the steering. While turning the noise seems to come from some metallic parts. I do need to get this inspected. Thanks for this reminder ! I believe the auto hold was disabled in your case, otherwise the noise is much more when it disengages the brakes automatically on acceleration.

4. The rust:
The rust in the wheels seems to be due to the long journey they took via sea to reach India and possible exposure to saline environment. I will open up the wheels and check.

I wonder if T-Roc will set an example of what happens to a car if out in sun and unused for months together.

By the way the tyres are ContiEcoContact.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-screenshot-20210101-14.42.24.png
Name:  Screenshot 20210101 at 14.44.24.png
Views: 4371
Size:  574.0 KB
tristis2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 17:16   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I congratulate you on completing 7500 kms.
Thank you so much Tristis2008

Quote:
3. Noise:
Regarding the noise while reversing, are you getting noise similar to the Youtube video you have shared ? While manoeuvring the car for reversing, I do get noise while braking as well as turning the steering. While turning the noise seems to come from some metallic parts. I do need to get this inspected. Thanks for this reminder ! I believe the auto hold was disabled in your case, otherwise the noise is much more when it disengages the brakes automatically on acceleration.
Yes, the noise is similar to the youtube video and sometimes it is even louder.
This noise comes from rear brakes. Noise can be avoided while reversing if brakes are applied firmly so that there is no slippage between pad and disc i.e if car is moving back and brake pedal is pressed gently then noise can be heard. I usually get this noise in the morning.
Yesterday I took the car out from the garage at around 9:00 pm and it was making a very loud sound (the car was in the garage for more than 30 hours). I drove it for around 60-70 KM and parked it outside in open around 12:30 AM. There was no noise in the morning when the car was reversed.

So, It usually makes sound when car brakes are cold for a long time( may be more than 10-12 hours )

I have read about this issue on T ROC UK forum and was very happy that this issue is resolved by VW in Indian T Roc but one fine day I was reversing the car in office and heard some noise from the rear. I think noise started coming after 1 to 1.5 months from date of delivery or 3000 -3500 KM ODO reading.
Old 8th January 2021, 15:39   #75
BHPian

Re: 2nd Free Service @ 7500 KM/ 6 Months

Quote:
Completed 7500 km on ODO on 28 Nov 2020.
I reached VW Jabalpur workshop by 12:30 pm on 5th December for 2nd free service.

Engine oil SAE 5W 40 was filled. I don't know why diesel is written on it.

Attachment 2099668
As mentioned by fluidicjoy, Engine oil for T Roc should be 0W 20. I have confirmed the same with Jabalpur Dealer. Please contact your dealer so that this oil is available with them during 2nd service if top-up is required. I got luck as only 0.5-0.6 l oil was filled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
Thanks for sharing the Oil Change experience, but for the Polo and Vento TSI, VW 502 is the base spec and VW Special G (Gasoline) is the appropriate oil. Could you cross-check the Engine Code of your T-Roc for me? I believe the Engine found on the Indian T-Roc which I checked was DPCA. I hate to break this news, but as per Volkswagen's Official Repair manual, the most appropriate Oil Spec is VW 508, which is a 0W20 oil, which I had earlier read about from Prithwi Ray, when he was servicing his VRS and the dealership had no stock of this new 0W20 viscosity oil.
Attachment 2101520
On the flip side, the second page mentions that you are fine with using older VW Compliant Oils, but you'd not enjoy the same efficiency and emission compliance.
Attachment 2101519
T Roc Owner Manual says"To avoid damaging the engine, a maximum quantity of 0.5 litres of the following engine oil may be used until next oil change"
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-engine-oil-spec-t-roc-online-mnual-2020.png
Once again thanks to Fluidicjoy for breaking this news.
I request others to please confirm the same with their dealer.

Regards
Sagwal

Last edited by sagwal : 8th January 2021 at 15:39. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks