Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2021, 12:17   #76
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Second batch of TRoc sold out even before it arrives to India.

https://indianautosblog.com/second-b...ld-out-p322353
steadfast is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 12:26   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Second batch of TRoc sold out even before it arrives to India.

https://indianautosblog.com/second-b...ld-out-p322353
This is great news.
It will be better if VW starts manufacturing these CBU in India.
Volkswagen T-Roc And Tiguan SUVs To Be Available Again By April 2021

I could not find any details regarding the Service Value Package (SVP) and Extended Warranty on the VW website. It does mention that SPV/ Extended Warranty available on their site is not valid for T Roc and Tiguan AllSpace.

Any Idea ??

Last edited by sagwal : 19th January 2021 at 12:31. Reason: SVP
Old 19th January 2021, 12:42   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
This is great news.
It will be better if VW starts manufacturing these CBU in India.
Volkswagen T-Roc And Tiguan SUVs To Be Available Again By April 2021

Any Idea ??
No idea. May be calling up a service centre would give a better picture. Because I believe VW would not ignore these packages for premium priced offerings.
steadfast is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 18:52   #79

Hi, This is with regards to the fuel that should be used in the T-roc. As per BS-VI, petrol is now 91 octane, whereas the minimum recommended octane is 95, mentioned inside the fuel lid, i have just driven 1100 odd kms, and have used speed97 or power 99, can i switch to normal fuel, and what fuel are others using? will it be safe to floor if one uses normal petrol?
Also, if someone is in delhi area and wishes to use my ob eleven, most welcome to do so, a few tweaks are quite useful, for eg. turning off the drl's when car is in parking mode.
Zenith Axis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 15:16   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith Axis View Post
Hi, This is with regards to the fuel that should be used in the T-roc. As per BS-VI, petrol is now 91 octane, whereas the minimum recommended octane is 95, mentioned inside the fuel lid, i have just driven 1100 odd kms, and have used speed97 or power 99, can i switch to normal fuel, and what fuel are others using? will it be safe to floor if one uses normal petrol?
Also, if someone is in delhi area and wishes to use my ob eleven, most welcome to do so, a few tweaks are quite useful, for eg. turning off the drl's when car is in parking mode.
I am using normal petrol from day 1.
Yes, it is safe to floor with normal engine provided run-in period is over.

As per Owner manual :

A new engine has to be run in during the first 1,500 kilometres.

Up to 1,000 kilometres :
Do not depress the accelerator fully.
—Do not drive the vehicle at more than 2/3 of the top engine speed (rpm).

Between 1,000 and 1,500 kilometres:
—Gradually increase speed and engine speed.
The style of driving during the first 1,500 kilometres (1,000 miles) will also affect the engine quality. Even after this time – and especially with a cold engine ( my guess oil temperature less than 80-degree Celcius) – drive the vehicle at moderate speeds in order to reduce engine wear and to increase the mileage that the engine can cover.

Kickdown function
The kickdown function enables maximum acceleration in the selector lever position D/S or in the Tiptronic position.
If the accelerator is depressed fully, the gearbox will automatically shift to a lower gear, depending on the speed and engine speed. This will make use of the full vehicle acceleration. Driving with DSG® dual clutch gearbox
With the kickdown function, the gearbox does not shift up to the next gear until the engine reaches the maximum engine speed for the gear.

As per manual 2/3 of the top engine speed is allowed during 1st 1000 KM. I kept my T Roc rpm around 2000-3000 during that period.
sagwal is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 16:07   #81
BHPian

The T-Roc is back by public demand, as I got an message informing me about the bookings going live, lets hope they keep the prices intact.
Old 2nd March 2021, 18:24   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
The T-Roc is back by public demand, as I got an message informing me about the bookings going live, lets hope they keep the prices intact.
Are there any updates to the feature list ? I wonder if VW has seriously considered customer feedback and the new T-Roc shall have ACC, ventilated seats, electrically adjustable front seats with memory function and 360 degree camera ? I checked with my SA here and he has no clues !
Old 2nd March 2021, 19:16   #83
BHPian

I guess in due course there would be a press release on the additions or if it’s the same features list, it should be any day now.

Last edited by TRANSAM : 2nd March 2021 at 19:17. Reason: Misspelled
Old 2nd March 2021, 19:29   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Yes, I spoke with someone at Shaman VW, Prabhadevi today. They have indeed started taking bookings for the second lot of T-Roc. Booking amount is Rs 50,000 and fully refundable. The person I spoke to claimed to have gotten 10-12 bookings already today.

Surprisingly he mentioned that a price hike may be on the cards (to the tune of 1 to 1.5 lacs)
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:22   #85
BHPian

They say you never know a car well until you have spent some time with it. I had done a few drives in our T-Roc but finally got a chance for a long drive. My friend who bought an identical T-Roc to ours at the same time took his car which I drove almost all the way.

Trip: Pune-Goa-Pune
Trip duration: 5 days
Route: going via Amboli ghat, return via Chorla ghat
Total distance covered: Almost 1200 kms
Total milage achieved during the trip: 15 kmpl

A lot has been said about the pros and cons of the T-Roc in this thread so I wont repeat it all. I will just mention few bits that I noticed/experienced during our trip and my experience with the T-Roc.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_20210220_100658.png
The T-Roc is a beautiful car. Very VW and totally stands out from the crowd, even in this white shade. Blue looks amazing though!

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_20210220_100513.jpg
The boot is ridiculously small. The sharp slope looks good but seriously robs it of space. We have 1 medium sized bag, 2 cabin bags, 3 backpacks, 1 tennis set and small nicknacks. We have to remove the parcel shelf to accommodate this small amount of stuff. The boot lid is also ridiculously heavy to close. You can see the cut out where the auto close button is in the international higher version which makes it worse.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_20210222_083447.jpg
The rear view mirror is really small and does not give a great view out. The ORVMs are very good and the reversing camera is crisp and clear so reversing is fine. Also the ORVMs auto dip when reverse gear is engaged(this can be disabled from the console).

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_20210222_082500.jpg
The ICE screen is a finger print magnet as you can see from the picture. It shows some useful info and some useless info like amount of AC consumed and the think blue screen gives you all kinds of instructions to drive economically. Also the screen is extremely responsive sometimes changing with a small brush of hand which is quite annoying. I also did not find it very intuitive to use.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_20210220_100739.jpg
A lot has been said about the hard plastics in the TRoc. I am not bothered about it at all as most of it is in places where it is not required. What really annoyed me was the hard plastic in the door bottle holder with no padding. Even cars 10L cheaper have this feature. The rattling water bottle in the door(we use metal bottles to avoid plastic) was a source of constant annoyance for me during the trip.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_20210222_084327.jpg
Our car has the Bridgestone Turanza tyres, this one had Continental Ecocontact 6. These had very good grip and gave very good milage. But they made an awful lot of road noise, especially on the concrete highways. The music system in the T-Roc is pretty good but it was almost inaudible due to road noise. Door dampening is a must if you have these tyres. I would like to hear experience of the Turanza owners concerning this as well and if better, I will recommend my friend to change his tyres.

Some other points that I don't have photos for
- The engine/gear box combo is a pleasure to use. The engine has enough grunt and the gearbox(yes, I know it is DQ200) is a piece of art. I was never in the wrong gear. Almost never had to change to S/M even in the ghats. The overtakes were effortless without any stress.
-The suspension and handling is very European and was very stable even at high speeds. The seats are extremely comfortable and the 8-9 hour drives were totally comfortable and fatigue free. We were fatigue free after we reached and got a lot done even on the days of travel.
-The TRoc is very manoeuvrable and good in the city. The steering is great with a small turning radius and good feel. It also weighs up nicely at speeds on the highways.
-I am not too keen on the sunroof, but the wife and kid in the rear seats loved it especially on leafy tree lines roads in the ghats. Interestingly if left open, there is no warning.

In a nutshell, the T-Roc is a great car especially if you love to drive. It is great for the city and can manage small trips for 4 people who will be very comfortable. There are small annoyances which can be addressed . I don't think there is a better car than it, in its price bracket provided your requirements are the first two lines in this paragraph.
Amsdoc is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 16:52   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Surprisingly he mentioned that a price hike may be on the cards (to the tune of 1 to 1.5 lacs)
Same info I could gather too. 21.5L ex-showroom. So that’s a good 1.51L hike. Ouch! 🤷🏻*♂️
TokyoDrifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 10:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Same info I could gather too. 21.5L ex-showroom. So that’s a good 1.51L hike. Ouch! ����*♂️
Current owners would be smiling after this news and well rewarded by VW India.

And I believe going forward, we will have Trocs coming every year under CBU and Karoq, Tiguan, Tiguan All Space and Kodiaq alternating every year under 2500 CBU quota. Just to clarify - these are my thoughts and no source of this.

Last edited by steadfast : 6th March 2021 at 10:54.
Old 9th April 2021, 23:46   #88

I recently suspected a puncture due to the tpms warning, even though it turned out to be false. However, it brought to light the startling extent to which rust has crept upon the discs and was hidden beneath the beautiful "diamond cuts". Are these covered under warranty and will the dealer replace these, or is this an uphill battle and in that case can anyone share the details of contacts to which i may write and get this redressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-20210404_135446.jpg  

Zenith Axis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 14:48   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith Axis View Post
I recently suspected a puncture due to the tpms warning, even though it turned out to be false. However, it brought to light the startling extent to which rust has crept upon the discs and was hidden beneath the beautiful "diamond cuts". Are these covered under warranty and will the dealer replace these, or is this an uphill battle and in that case can anyone share the details of contacts to which i may write and get this redressed.
Thats normal surface rust. You cannot expect frictional surfaces and components to be coated
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 17:42   #90

Wow...that was one beautiful and detailed review @Seahawk

And thanks indeed for posting it, as the VW T-roc had somehow gone under my radar during my automatic crossover search , primarily for my wife.

Though i've been a long time lurker on the forum, the interest had slowly vaned over the years. Only rekindled now by my better halves demand for a automatic car. Though she is content with a hatchback, since we didn't have a car for vacations or long drives, thought I'd combine both the requirements, and get some thing bigger like a mini suv or crossover with auto transmission

Cars ive tested so far :

Honda civic - The AT was a nightmare and my grand father could shift gears faster. Besides the interiors was full of cheap looking hard quality plastics. That in a 24L car was a total put off.

Honda city - Nice car generally. But that same CVT box just killed it.

Kia seltos - The salesman sounded too heady. He postponed 3 appointments for a test drive. And upon my 4th reminder, he asked me to visit the show room after 1900 hrs for a short test ride. So I dropped it.

Tata harrier - This was one car I wanted to fall in love with. As I really wanted to reward the Tata's for their covid fund contribution to the govt. But the steering was too tight for me in the city. Besides the driver arm rest, was more like a leg rest for the rear passengers. And no matter how much I tried adjusting the seat and every thing else, I just couldn't settle into a comfortable driving position. Apart from these two major issues, this was a great car

Hyundai creta- Hated it from the outside, but fell in love once I stepped in. Was a breeze to drive. Both the wife and my daughter fell in love with the quality of interiors and huge Panasonic sun roof. So I promptly paid the advance after a 15 mins test drive. However the waiting period is looking a little unsettling.

Iam presently abroad, but expect to return back in mid May.
The dealer had promised delivery in mid May, but not sure if that is going to happen or not.

So I started looking for alternatives, and the T-Roc comes the closest. Iam not even considering the MG offerings, as I consider myself too patriotic to buy a Chinese car while they still piss on our borders.

So the only 2 cars that have piqued my interest are the skoda karoq and the T-Roc. I could buy either , but as always the cheaper the better. So my main concern is the interiors of the T-Roc. Since I've not seen one in the flesh, if the interior quality is at par with the creta, then Iam sold, on one. Besdies are both these cars almsot the same size externally too.

Thanks to kindly let me know if anyone has been inside both these cars and how do they compare. I definitely like the German design as far as the exteriors are concerned. And the creta looks outright grotesque externally. I really wonder what the designer was smoking when he designed it

Last edited by ampere : 18th April 2021 at 18:18.
wrxsti is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks