Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2020, 12:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Thank you Seahawk for a wonderful review!. I was always inquisitive to know more about the T-Roc!.

This is one of those cars which is not purchased for acres of space or butch looks. It is for exquisite qualities and exclusivity on the road!. This reminds me of the Skoda Yeti which might not have sold much. But who cares? In India, the number of them on the road have no connection to the quality of the cars .

Wish you many many miles and keep updating the thread .
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 12:15   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your T-ROC. Great review as well. It really looks very nice.

The tire bolt removal tool is given only in CBU vehicles. I have a Tiguan 5 seater, it is not provided. Just take care not to lose it. Tyre inflator is a useful accessory. I think you may need to start the vehicle to operate it. The fact that they have given a tube of tyre sealant means, the car may not be equipped with self sealing tyres.

Voice assistance was enabled by the dealer free of charge. Kun VW called me to come and get it in their workshop. It was 20-30 mins job. However this feature is not particularly useful if we use Apple Carplay / Android Auto. Wish VW has given wireless Carplay like BMW. It is super convenient.

Wishing you many happy memories with the car.

Last edited by baskar : 16th October 2020 at 12:16.
baskar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 12:16   #18
BHPian

I agree with GTO sir, it felt like reading an official review with the level of detail and the quality of pictures. I am too a sucker for German timeless design and quality( have a polo currently) and if i was in the market looking for a car in your budget, T-Roc would have been on top of my list. Many happy miles ahead.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 12:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaychat View Post
I 'd love to find a pre-loved version 2-3 years later and use it as a daily driver. I wonder if VW depreciation will apply to it or if it won't depreciate as much given that it's an SUV. Time will tell.

Does anyone know why the Audi Q2 is rumored to be priced much higher than the T-Roc? In the UK they are priced close to each other which makes sense given how similar they are under the skin.
Thank you aachat. I'm sure a good example pre-worshipped T-roc will pop up 2-3 years later and you can consider it.
As for the Audi Q2, yes you're right in Europe they are priced similarly (~£2000 pound difference in the starting price), but in India the Audi badge is apparently worth an extra 15L over the T-roc. I think they're charging this because they can. Even the recently launched BMW 2-series GC is priced high.
Seahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 12:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

For a moment there, I thought I'm reading an Official Review .
You stole my words GTO.

Great write up Seahawk, many congratulations and more miles to you.

Cheers!
-DB
DBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 12:58   #21
BHPian

You car simply shines in that blue paint job, very very classy. Was just curious to know your concluding thoughts - are you fully satisfied with the purchase? How did your family members take to the car? Did the like the european ride quality of the car?

Also, wishing you lots of happy miles in this solidly built car!
SPB_drives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 13:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
You car simply shines in that blue paint job, very very classy. Was just curious to know your concluding thoughts - are you fully satisfied with the purchase? How did your family members take to the car? Did the like the european ride quality of the car?
Thank you SPB_drives! The T-roc won the hearts of all our family members. Since its mostly a 4 seater, there was some concern about space, but the drive quality, fit and finish makes up for it. As for the ride, mostly we drove on smooth roads so no issues with the European setup. But on bad roads, the firmess was felt.
Old 16th October 2020, 13:29   #23
NTO
BHPian

Hey, that was a beautiful summed up review. When I saw this car in flesh somewhere near Anna Nagar Roundtana signal, I just fell in love with the car's design. It is a looker and definitely stands out! The car I saw was of the same color and may be it is your car!

Here's wishing you a lot of happy miles. Also, please throw a note on KUN VWs ASS whenever you experience it!
NTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 13:39   #24

Congrats on the new car. Looks stunning in this shade. I've been waiting for this review for a long time. A very unique and understated vehicle. Oozes class like no other in this segment. If only the nearest VW dealer to me is not 120 kms away. Oh well, maybe I'll just wait for them to pop up in the used car market. And in the meantime search for an FNG which can deal with VWs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
Interiors: -
Heated seats included too- a feature we'll never use in our climate
Speak for yourself. God knows we need this for our cold winter mornings.
Maedhros is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 13:44   #25
BHPian

Probably the best looking Volkswagen vehicle that is on sale today (excluding the Arteon). Congratulations on your wonderful acquisition, may you have some wonderful miles with this machine.
BZ25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 14:50   #26
BHPian

What an amazing color! It's the best shade of blue that I've seen on a car.
Congratulations and I think you must be feeling quite smug after seeing the Q2's launch prices too
d3mon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 14:58   #27
BHPian

Congratulations Seahawk and wish you many more such happy driving and memories with your T-Roc. While news articles claim that cars allotted to Indian have been completely sold out, I still have an offer for one. Your review is tempting me to go for the same!
Gokrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 15:24   #28
BHPian

A very big congratulations to you Seahawk and your family on the purchase of your new T-Roc.
That shade of blue is absolutely stunning!

VW makes really solid and good looking cars and their super slick dsg with paddle shifters is such a joy to drive. I would have surely picked up one if I didnt already have the Jetta.

Although a few obvious featues such as powered seats are missing, they have priced it decently, especially considering the atrocious pricing on the just launched Audi Q2.

Wish you a million miles of happy motoring ahead.
sidbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 15:46   #29
BHPian

That is a fantastic vehicle in a fantastic colour. You should add your logo on the sides!!

A lovely detailed review. tells us a lot about the vehicle. I wish you many many milestones on this!
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 16:05   #30
BHPian

Congratulations Seahawk!! The T-ROC looks awesome in this color.
You have done a fabulous job of reviewing in your first thread. I was waiting to get a detailed review on T-ROC.
Do share your drive & service experience as only few people in the country have got the chance of getting this car. The after sales support will really determine how serious VW is with their CBU strategy in India.

Wish you many happy milestones with the car!!
TJ02 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed