Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 14:04   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Congrats RedLiner,

My favorite color in the Scorpio, looks hot with a couple of hella's up front.

Attachment 123296
Is the power-window switch placed elsewhere for the passenger? or should the passenger also use the central controls?

+Rocky+
The power window switches for all passengers sit in the middle just above the AC vents for the rear. There are additional power window switches for the rear passengers on their respective doors (regular style on the arm rests). However, both front passengers have to access their respective power window switches using the console in the centre. Kapish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Want help in lightning it further

Saw your Scorp at your Nandidurga road office. Still running without a number plate
I have been thinking of adding a bunch of Hella's upfront. Have also been thinking of a roof carrier and a bicycle rack on the rear door. All these over a period of time. Hella's for better lighting on the highways, roof carrier, such that I can carry more things when I travel back from exotic places (girl friend is not going to let me escape from this), and the bicycle rack on the rear so that we can park the car at the hotel, and just cycle around everywhere around the place we travel with a little map. Should be fun. I would hate putting on anything for *make-up* value.

Yeah, I have resolved to do the entire registration myself. Put together all the documentation yesterday, and getting the others in order today. Will be at the RTO tomorrow morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Congrats Red liner so finally and Thanks to HRAG we do get pictures.

So almost 9.5 l on the road. Decent pricing.

One query i got. How much does the Safari 2.2l cost OTR?

The writeup is excellent. Deserves 5* for the way the thread started
Thanks mate. You should get the Safari ex-showroom pricing on www.tatasafari.com and then add 1 lakh for the road tax and another 30k for the insurance and you got it.

Maybe somebody who really felt either enlightened, or humored, or just plain got to pull my leg (like our dear Shahnawaz), may assign me stars
Old 14th April 2009, 14:19   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
...I am just going to add alloys on her, so I can get an offset so there's a little more grip on cornering.
Add which ever alloys/offset's etc, do whatever you want -- nothing will stop the body roll.

Quote:
.. I still have sun film to do. ..
What about stickers -- one that you see on soooooooooo many scorpios on rear windshied? and top front windshield.

Quote:
The power window switches for all passengers sit in the middle just above the AC vents for the rear. There are additional power window switches for the rear passengers on their respective doors (regular style on the arm rests). However, both front passengers have to access their respective power window switches using the console in the centre. Kapish?
WHAT??? you don't even get 2 buttons on the doors to open close windows properly??? The simple pleasures are not there? You sure or just your vehicle doesn't have it??

Quote:
.. Yeah, I have resolved to do the entire registration myself. Put together all the documentation yesterday, and getting the others in order today. Will be at the RTO tomorrow morning!
Great man. Do put up a detailed note on how you went about it, what documents etc etc.

PS: I still think you should have gone for the Safari. The scorpio doesn't suit your image -- it's just tooo ". . . . - . . . . . ." for a person of your taste
Old 14th April 2009, 14:32   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner
However, both front passengers have to access their respective power window switches using the console in the centre. Kapish?
Mahindra is promoting Love, by having the passenger hold hands with the pilot

Quote:
I have been thinking of adding a bunch of Hella's upfront.
Add two and only two please.
I remember seeing one Rocky Beige scorpio with two hella's, driven on Cambridge road and fell in love with it .

btw, I have subscribed to this thread RedLiner.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:07   #109
BHPian

Redliner, please accept my envious congratulations on your new purchase. I have been in love with the Scorpio for a long time and I was a hair's breadth away from owning one. But that was not to be and fate instead handed me a 'Dabba-on-wheels'!

Meanwhile, time to settle an old score...

Quote:
Actually you get a new one now with the Mhawk for 7.1 lakhs ex-showroom. Much better VFM than a CRDE Bolero. Which is why I cancelled the Bolero.
Your above post had left me fuming last month and it is only today that I have finally cooled down when I read your below entry and figured out that the Mhawk actually costs about a cool 2 Lac more than the CRDE Bolero.

Quote:
Ex Showroom Bangalore (I think M&M has standardised the ex-showroom prices across the country - thankfully!): 8,11,683

That will work out to about a 110k.
Whew! That's one cuss point less to fume over. What a relief!
Old 14th April 2009, 16:02   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Can the middle row be flipped over like in the Safari to carry bigger loads?
Old 14th April 2009, 17:02   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Add which ever alloys/offset's etc, do whatever you want -- nothing will stop the body roll.
Yes, nothing will stop the body roll for sure. However, whatever can be done to minimize it will be fantastic.

Quote:
What about stickers -- one that you see on soooooooooo many scorpios on rear windshied? and top front windshield.
What sticker? Tirupathi ki jai? Everyone who gets the scorpio runs to Tirupathi. I am heading to Pondycherry! I am a Paandi!

Quote:
WHAT??? you don't even get 2 buttons on the doors to open close windows properly??? The simple pleasures are not there? You sure or just your vehicle doesn't have it??
SLE does not have it. LX doesnt even have arm rests. I dont know about the VLS and VLX trims. God, these guys know how to make money. Bugger, your S10 only has good metal, good suspension, and good engine. All the frills are non existent even there.

Quote:
Great man. Do put up a detailed note on how you went about it, what documents etc etc.
Absolutely I will. Then a lot of Bangalorean registrations can be done directly by the TBHP'ians themselves.

Quote:
PS: I still think you should have gone for the Safari. The scorpio doesn't suit your image -- it's just tooo ". . . . - . . . . . ." for a person of your taste
Why the hell are you so concerned about my image etc...it almost seems like you want to marry me off to someone...

Quote:
Mahindra is promoting Love, by having the passenger hold hands with the pilot

Add two and only two please.
I remember seeing one Rocky Beige scorpio with two hella's, driven on Cambridge road and fell in love with it .

btw, I have subscribed to this thread RedLiner.
Yeah, just two. Anything more is an overkill and will probably be stolen. Thats something that freaks me out as well. And your subscription will pay you returns my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Redliner, please accept my envious congratulations on your new purchase. I have been in love with the Scorpio for a long time and I was a hair's breadth away from owning one. But that was not to be and fate instead handed me a 'Dabba-on-wheels'!

Meanwhile, time to settle an old score...

Your above post had left me fuming last month and it is only today that I have finally cooled down when I read your below entry and figured out that the Mhawk actually costs about a cool 2 Lac more than the CRDE Bolero.

Whew! That's one cuss point less to fume over. What a relief!
Mudmover...you are still mistaken. I got the SLE for 800k which is the mid version. You could have still gotten the LX MHawk for 700k like Anjan has. Now start

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Can the middle row be flipped over like in the Safari to carry bigger loads?
Absolutely yes. On the Bolero you cannot do that which pisses me off because if thats not a load carrier, then what the heck is?!
Old 14th April 2009, 17:13   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.... ... Bugger, your S10 only has good metal, good suspension, and good engine. All the frills are non existent even there.
Hey, the S10 does have 'proper' window closing buttons on EACH of the doors + 4 buttons in the center. Remember .

Also, there is NO body roll in a S10 -- even at 150 kmph +
Old 14th April 2009, 17:23   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, the S10 does have 'proper' window closing buttons on EACH of the doors + 4 buttons in the center. Remember .

Also, there is NO body roll in a S10 -- even at 150 kmph +
I know and I know you will continue rubbing it in until your car inexcusably lands up at the workshop for a major drill!

Next track day, I'm borrowing your S10!
Old 14th April 2009, 17:31   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I am just going to add alloys on her, so I can get an offset so there's a little more grip on cornering. ..
Quote:
I have been thinking of adding a bunch of Hella's upfront.
Here is what you can do.. will provide lot's of offset and grip during cornering. This should address the body roll part & also has space for as many Hella's as you want.

BTW, this is what one scorpio owner did to this scorpio:
(See in first picture -- no one dare move. All are just looking at what this thing is)

Cheers,
Old 14th April 2009, 17:36   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Next track day, I'm borrowing your S10!
RedLiner,
You could probably give the S10 a lift in Your Bison, the next track day.
Can we get back to the ownership report please

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 14th April 2009 at 17:37.
Old 14th April 2009, 17:48   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

What is in store?

Quote:
Can we get back to the ownership report please
Yes...and you must be wondering what is in store?

1. Taking delivery - how we did the PDI
2. The Outside and the Inside: All muscle or all brains?
3. Overall driving experience: Moving up from a Hatch/Sedan
4. Initial experiences: In the city and on the highway - is she a bull (nay, Bizon) in a china-shop?
5. Bonus! Perspectives from the passenger containment - different people, ages, and even genders!

If anybody wants anything more, please do let me know, and you can consider it done!
Old 14th April 2009, 19:19   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why the hell are you so concerned about my image etc...it almost seems like you want to marry me off to someone...
sorry to interfere, but i couldnt help doing this after i read the above post:

Quote:
Yes...and you must be wondering what is in store?

2. The Outside and the Inside: All muscle or all brains?
3. Overall driving experience: Moving up from a Hatch/Sedan
4. Initial experiences: In the city and on the highway - is she a bull (nay, Bizon) in a china-shop?
If anybody wants anything more, please do let me know, and you can consider it done!
i would be interested in these 3 please!
Old 15th April 2009, 16:44   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Saw your Scorp at your Nandidurga road office. Still running without a number plate...
Quote:
....Yeah, I have resolved to do the entire registration myself. Put together all the documentation yesterday, and getting the others in order today. Will be at the RTO tomorrow morning!....
Quote:
... I just got back from Mysore ...

Then you have registration and road tax - which I am going to go myself and pay and register this car

Hey, a question:

Since you haven't registered it, then how did you manage to get insurance? or is it that you have been driving it these days without insurance?
Old 15th April 2009, 17:08   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, a question:

Since you haven't registered it, then how did you manage to get insurance? or is it that you have been driving it these days without insurance?
You need insurance before you take the vehicle out of the showroom. This is how the paper-work flows:

1. Book the vehicle
2. Make payment
3. Get the engine number and chassis number (2 days prior to delivery)
4. Give it to insurance provider and get a cover note issued
5. Take cover note and submit @ Show room
6. Show room will take the cover note- submit at RTO and get the Temp Regn
7. Take the rest of the documents from Showroom and leave along with the Temp Regn.
8. Do not forget to take the vehicle as well.
9. Apply for a full on registration within 28 days of the Temp. Or else, renew the Temp.

Currently, I am in point 9. The RTO is creating a fuss with the documentation, and it looks like I need to go there and hire an agent to do my bidding, who will then pay off the officer involved. Well, atleast I tried. And I know all the documentation that goes into this. A couple of days back, I got my entire insurance documentation.
Old 15th April 2009, 17:21   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

So what's the car # mentioned in the insurance documents? Is it the temp# or just not there?

Quote:
...The RTO is creating a fuss with the documentation, and it looks like I need to go there and hire an agent to do my bidding, who will then pay off the officer involved. Well, atleast I tried. And I know all the documentation that goes into this.
Do post that and the process also. Kudos to you for trying man.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th April 2009 at 17:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks