Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2009, 23:13   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Whats the promised delivery time. And did you TD the car.
Yes i did test drive the car - enjoyed the response time from the DDIS.
Thats the only life save - personally and as an auto enthusiast - thats the ugliest car on the block. But as i mentioned earlier its a great family car.
specially the waterfall type console gear shift. I am not sure if its actually comfortable or just the feel of a different gearing system.
Old 16th May 2009, 23:16   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleve View Post
Booked mine today. I had been looking for a car for my family to drive around in. Cant ezpect them to sit beside me with all that sound from swift thats fitted with a performance filter as well as an HKS Uni Can. The Ritz although a bit ugly at the rear bring a fresh change to this segment. I could have easily booked the Swift DDIS, but have opted for this one. It seemed like a famliy could travel safe and comfortably in this. I did feel it was a bit more spacious than the Swift. Nevertheless - the swift wil always rock in this segment.
Congrats !!! Excellent choice... do keep us posted on the expected delivery period.. what cost and model.. and which color?
u have made a very wise decision. The new KB series engine really rocks.
oh but Did u choose the Ritz diesel..?

Last edited by patelhemals : 16th May 2009 at 23:24.
Old 17th May 2009, 00:01   #273
Senior - BHPian

how about VGT Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
Good Question, either ways its Maruti the winner & Swift would compete against 120 / GP
Maruti Suzuki should introduce Swift ZDI with 1.3L VGT engines. Then no match between i20 and supposidly FGT 1.3L GP
Old 17th May 2009, 00:40   #274
BHPian

Congrats shelleve

Maruti has a winner at hand with Ritz, A-star did not do as well as thought but Ritz will definitely burn the charts IMHO, to the extent of cannibalising into Swift sales. Pricing has been the trump card.

Next thing maruti should do is plonk SX4 engine into swift and come out with a 100+ bhp sports model, I am sure folks will lap it up
Old 17th May 2009, 00:43   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
If you are comparing products like that then who will buy the skoda fabia,it has nothing more than most of these cars.If the intention is to buy a car other than maruti then there can be 100 reasons for that,but genuine thoughts would reveal that for that difference of 20k we can get most of the things done if required except maybe the seat height adjuster.But there are people who would also think of other aspects like resale,cost of spares etc and would go for the ritz isnt it.

ram
Ram,

Read again - I've compared the price and features of petrol Ritz Vxi with diesel Vista Aura (Quadrajet, not the old Tdi), not with the petrol Vista Safire.

The natural petrol comparison will be with the i10 - there again, the i10 seems better value. Even you will agree that the Quadrajet/DDIS family is the best small diesel engine available in the country (if not the world). Remember Swift Vdi's engine? This is the reason for my surprise at that Ritz Vxi is sitting in the same price ballpark as the Vista QJ.

1. On top of this, Maruti has done a really pathetic job of spec-ing the Ritz. I mean come on, not even a remote boot opener! Tell us your honest opinion - don't you think the Ritz Vxi at > 5L on-road should come with a parcel tray, a music system, and rear window wipe/wash? This is not a 3L Alto.

Of course even if they add all this, maruti can't give you the DDis engine for 20K!

2. Customer segments for Swift and Ritz are a little different, even though there will be overlap and some cannibalisation. Ritz is aimed at the somewhat practical minded, small-family guy - somebody who would have probably bought WagonR as couple of years ago, whereas Swift was meant for the style counsious. If Maruti published the data, my guess is you'll probably also find the average Ritz buyer a few years older than a Swift buyer. Getting good value for money tends to count more in this segment. I know Ritz will sell, it's just that the pricing is overambitious for the target segment.

3. The Fabia example you brought in a completely different segment. But, even here, you can see the evidence of high pricing leading to extremely low market share in the Fabia sales figures. Actually proves my point - Indian customer, even in premium segment - is value concious and does not want to be taken for a ride.

4. Resale & reliability- compare the resale values on a personal-use good diesel Vs petrol. You'll find that good diesels hold value much better. In the Maruti Vs TATA compare, I completely agree Maruti resale values are much better for similar models. In this case, my whole point is that these are NOT similar models. I will expect the Vista Quadrajet to be worth more after 3 years than the petrol Ritz. Used car buyers are typically more sensitice to cost of ownership and the 1.3 DDIDS/QJD engine has been proven reliable, refined and economical in several car models.
Old 17th May 2009, 00:58   #276
BHPian

Yet proved again by Maruti how to rule the market.

Felt Proud after reading Team-Bhp was invited by Maruti for the review

Awesome job at review GTO

Team-Bhp Rocks!

Last edited by tush : 17th May 2009 at 00:59.
Old 17th May 2009, 07:56   #277
BHPian

I quite like the looks of this car - In diesel form it might click up impressive sales figures.

Oh BTW, does this car have a temperature gauge? Couldn't spot one in the pics.
Old 17th May 2009, 09:01   #278
Senior - BHPian

@goptad42-Its not always like that buddie.One whole point is that over and above everything there is one factor called brand.If i10 is compared to ritz then as you said the customer base would be a person with a small family and one who would have owned a WR or say a santro,right.Then along with what is offered one would also look into space,resale,cost of ownership etc.Since he is used to owning a car similar in size and maybe 2-5 yrs of ownership would be enough for he being educated on reslae and cost of ownership,right.Then for that matter there is every chance of he going in for ritz and reasons could be -more space,looks big,resale,lesser cost of ownership,and he gets almost everything required-like A/C,PS,central locking,PW,etc.
remember the times when santro XG with the rear wiper central lock-manual ,amd front PW used to sell lesser than the WR which dint have all these.
ram
Old 17th May 2009, 09:13   #279
BHPian

@ram_hyundai:

On brand value, I have to agree with you. TATA cars' history does not inspire trust the way Maruti does. Now that they have improved the car so much, Tata should have broken free from the Indica legacy and given Vista a different visual and brand identity.

Coming back to the Ritz, I just wonder if the relative lack of features and value against competition will make it end up like AStar.This was a time when Maruti could have created a better VFM package and picked up market share. Will help it in the next 5 years as more options enter the India market- at premium as well as value ends. So, I tend to see the Ritz's pricing/relative value as strategic mistake.

BTW: I'm relatively new to the forum and impressed by the quality of debate here. Big asset to the autolovers' community in making an informed choice.
Old 17th May 2009, 09:17   #280
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2009 at 12:14.
pedrolourenco is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th May 2009, 12:41   #281
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car yesterday at a showroom & must say it looks better in person than in pictures.
Old 17th May 2009, 13:34   #282
BHPian

Thanks! yes i did choose the DDIS over the petrol. I am still comtemplating if i should go for the one with ABS or without. anyway the dealer says it will take about a month or 2 to get the car>got mine booked via Rana Motors. Will keep you guys updated on the developments. If someone does manage to get one before me - please give us a first ride report.
Old 17th May 2009, 17:41   #283
BHPian

Very Funny car. Lets see how it performs.
There are 2 factors which looks good to me as compared to i-10 it's competitor
1.Engine with the torque and HP.
2.petrol tank capacity is bigger.

Last edited by akas_chauhan : 17th May 2009 at 17:48.
Old 17th May 2009, 18:05   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Very Funny car. Lets see how it performs.
There are 2 factors which looks good to me as compared to i-10 it's competitor
1.Engine with the torque and HP.
2.petrol tank capacity is bigger.
And if you want ABS, you dont have to go for the highest version as in i10/i20. This is a biggest drawback for Hyundai. IMO, It should offer ABS as an option in atleast i10 magna / sportz and also i20 magna at a reasonable price.

Now, if you want ABS and dont want to pay more, [I think i10 Asta is around 4.8L Ex-showroom price] Ritz/Swift Vxi Optional ABS will be a good choice around 4.5L Ex-showroom price.

Regards!
Old 17th May 2009, 20:20   #285
BHPian

The Cars spec seems impressive when compared to i10. The petrol version delivering 84bhp and still claiming a mileage of 17.7 kmpl. That's impressive and if thats the case then maruti will succeed in selling this vehicle in good numbers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks