Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2013, 19:05   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
Thanks Aditya. I really fell in love with your car (Ritz ZDI) when it arrived. I liked the color so much that I booked the same color. Earlier I was contemplating booking a White Ritz.
Thanks SBR. I was also planning to buy white but it's way too common and when dirty it is evident due to the light color.

When we visited the showroom, there was a Breeze Blue Ritz on display and my wife and I immediately zeroed in on this color.

IMO, light colors are best since they are a lot more visible in the dark than darker colors. So we dropped the dark blue and bakers chocolate pretty quickly from the color options.

Quote:
Plan to take it to Madhus and upgrade the 165 profile tyres to 185 Michelins & also have the PPF installation & CF wrap done at 3M.
Also get the reverse parking sensor installed from the dealer itself. It's a Nippon accessory and indicates distance along with bars that change color as you get closer to an obstacle. It also emits a beep sound while reversing. Very helpful while parking in tight spots since the C Pillar is very thick and obstructs vision. Highly recommended.
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:49   #887
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thanks SBR. I was also planning to buy white but it's way too common and when dirty it is evident due to the light color.

When we visited the showroom, there was a Breeze Blue Ritz on display and my wife and I immediately zeroed in on this color.

IMO, light colors are best since they are a lot more visible in the dark than darker colors. So we dropped the dark blue and bakers chocolate pretty quickly from the color options.

Also get the reverse parking sensor installed from the dealer itself. It's a Nippon accessory and indicates distance along with bars that change color as you get closer to an obstacle. It also emits a beep sound while reversing. Very helpful while parking in tight spots since the C Pillar is very thick and obstructs vision. Highly recommended.
Yep. Will get the reverse parking sensor installed at Mandovi. Thanks for the info. Really helps.

Wifey was completely against White color and was insisting on any other light color. When I booked the car, she was traveling and when she returned, I gave her the good news. It took a day for her to actually believe that I booked a light color other than White. White has always been my favorite & my M-800 MPFI was white as well.
Old 26th April 2013, 17:29   #888
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Yep. Will get the reverse parking sensor installed at Mandovi. Thanks for the info. Really helps.

Wifey was completely against White color and was insisting on any other light color. When I booked the car, she was traveling and when she returned, I gave her the good news. It took a day for her to actually believe that I booked a light color other than White. White has always been my favorite & my M-800 MPFI was white as well.

Got the Reverse Parking Sensor (Nippon) installed at the Dealer & got a discount on it. Finally, the New Breeze Blue Ritz VDI arrived home this morning . Its at home resting after few religious rituals performed on it. Will be taking it to 3M in HSR & Madhus for tyre upgrade tomorrow.
Old 26th April 2013, 19:24   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Finally, the New Breeze Blue Ritz VDI arrived home this morning .
Congrats SBR.
One more breeze blue Ritz in the teambhp , so hopefully by next week we will see a initial ownership thread live .
For tyre, check out the ZLO also .

Cheers
Old 27th April 2013, 13:33   #890
BHPian

Hi @SBR

Congrats on the car, as mentioned above, do have a look at the ZLO's as well.
Regards
Abhishek
babhishek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 09:48   #891
BHPian

My Ritzy's 2nd Free Service is scheduled in a couple of days.
Can anybody confirm and let me know if the Engine Oil in the New Ritz is Synthetic or Mineral ? If it's Mineral, then i might get it changed in my 5000 KM Service.
I could not find anything written about it in the Manual.

Thanks.
Old 29th April 2013, 23:11   #892
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
My Ritzy's 2nd Free Service is scheduled in a couple of days.
Can anybody confirm and let me know if the Engine Oil in the New Ritz is Synthetic or Mineral ? If it's Mineral, then i might get it changed in my 5000 KM Service.
I could not find anything written about it in the Manual.

Thanks.
For all I know, its always mineral. If the service center says Ritz uses Synthetic, I would assume that they are probably lying.

I have a Vdi ABS, uses mineral unless I ask for synthetic.
Old 29th April 2013, 23:33   #893
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
For all I know, its always mineral. If the service center says Ritz uses Synthetic, I would assume that they are probably lying.

But I guess they service centres are using synthetic engine oil by Shell for the DDiS engines.

Mine was mineral till 20000 kms after which I shifted to synthetic.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 00:36   #894
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
But I guess they service centres are using synthetic engine oil by Shell for the DDiS engines.

Mine was mineral till 20000 kms after which I shifted to synthetic.

Cheers,
Anurag.
I think its dependent on the service centre. The one I go to in Noida uses Castrol Edge if you choose to get synthetic.

There are better engines out there than Maruti's DDiS, all use normal mineral oils. I think some Maruti service centres are taking customers for a ride by making it mandatory to buy synthetic oils.

I've been running my Ritz on synthetic (earlier Mobil 1 and then Edge) for the last 43k kms (I have total 56k kms on the ODO).
Old 30th April 2013, 00:47   #895
BHPian

Is this mineral oil vs. synthetic oil being forced by MASS on Petrol Ritz too? Any pointers!!!
Old 30th April 2013, 00:54   #896
BANNED

Quote:
I think its dependent on the service centre. The one I go to in Noida uses Castrol Edge if you choose to get synthetic.

There are better engines out there than Maruti's DDiS, all use normal mineral oils. I think some Maruti service centres are taking customers for a ride by making it mandatory to buy synthetic oils.

I've been running my Ritz on synthetic (earlier Mobil 1 and then Edge) for the last 43k kms (I have total 56k kms on the ODO).
Yes, what you said could be right. It could be the service centres in certain cities that could be forcing their customers in getting the engine oil changed to synthetic rather mineral.

I have been running on on synthetic since the last 60k kms. Feel that the engine is stressed by the sound once the ODO reaches 8500 kms after the last engine oil change. Post the change the engine is back in form. Does your car give you any feedback?

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 30th April 2013, 07:59   #897
BHPian

Quote:

Even i am under the impression that it should be Mineral Oil. But what i read on a couple of Threads is that after Maruti made some engine tuning in the NEW Ritz, the Oil recommended is now Synthetic. However, i could not find this documented anywhere, so not sure.

Can any New Ritz Owners provide any Input and confirm ?
Old 30th April 2013, 10:11   #898
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Congrats SBR.
One more breeze blue Ritz in the teambhp , so hopefully by next week we will see a initial ownership thread live .
For tyre, check out the ZLO also .

Cheers
Thanks for the wishes. I did check out the MRF tyres but was not too convinced. Michelin was on top of the mind always and it was Michelin 185 / 70 R 14 finally at Madhus. Exchanged my Stock Bridgestone with Michelins & it cost INR 12K extra for all 5 tyres with balancing. Will post the details in my ownership thread soon. Just held up with month end closing formalities at work.
Old 2nd May 2013, 00:08   #899
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have been running on on synthetic since the last 60k kms. Feel that the engine is stressed by the sound once the ODO reaches 8500 kms after the last engine oil change. Post the change the engine is back in form. Does your car give you any feedback?
My car gives me a lot of feedback!

Here's the history:
1) I changed to Mobil 1 at 13k, it was almost instant free-revving engine then.
2) Next change Mobil 1 again, but at about 23k it didn't feel as good (read stressed), or maybe I was used to Mobil 1 now!
3) Started cleaning the air filter at almost every 2.5-3k and things were good again for some time to come.
4) For frequent cleaning changed to Cosworth filter and the car was much better than before.
5) MASS started offering Castrol edge, which was cheaper too!, but it was not better than Mobil 1, maybe equal but not better.
6) Now I clean the filter every 2-3k and the car stays good.

Sometime between all this, premium diesel become too expensive and after 15k on normal diesel the engine started to emit smoke if I don't clean the filter frequently.

Bottom line, if the air-filter is clean, the car feels fresh even after 10k on the same oil.

I also drive Optra Magnum and is a similar story with the air filter but it doesn't feel as stressed/ coarse as the Ritz every 2-3k kms, its a different machine (the engine feels like its always submerged in the 7L of oil it takes).
Old 4th May 2013, 22:16   #900
BHPian

Just a random thought. Is there any way to confirm that a car has ABS without depending on that lone sticker in the rear? Something I can check at the dealer's yard?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks