Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 00:05   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Something weird happened yesterday but turned out to be funny towards the end of it.

Can someone please tell me what's the top speed a Ritz VXi can achieve? Ideal road with no speed humps or dividers or pedestrian traffic.
My petrol Ritz maxxed out at 165 kmph and could not go beyond even if I stood on the accelerator pedal then (but mind you this was with 4 on board, but that doesn't matter as the revs were at 6500). Did some weird thing include you being overtaken in your Fabia by a Ritz at a very high speed??

Last edited by S2!!! : 9th October 2012 at 00:07.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 17:38   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Did some weird thing include you being overtaken in your Fabia by a Ritz at a very high speed??
Something like that. But, the guy I *think* failed to see the 16V badge after which the Ritz just kept growing smaller in my RVM until we both slowed down, exchanged a gentleman's smile and split paths.

The Ritz and the Brio both have surprised me and proved the fact that 'size does not matter' but 'power to weight does'.
Old 9th October 2012, 18:11   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Does any Maruti have this? I've not seen any.

Its not so hard to live with though, with Maruti having 40+% market share, all pump operators are used to this.
All Ertigas have this. Surprising the Ritz doesn't!
Old 9th October 2012, 20:50   #814
BHPian

Can anybody tell me if Ritz VXi will have discounts in December? I am confused between i10 and Ritz. What could be approx. OTR of VXi model with any possible discounts?
Old 12th October 2012, 15:31   #815
BHPian

Visited Maruti Showroom, Mandovi Motors, Lavelle Road. I saw new Ritz at the display. It has been released with new face lift and new colours. The build quality is great and seating comfort at front as well as rear is best. Driver's position is impeccably great. To my surprise, when I tried at the rear seat, I could sit comfortably. For me the rear seating is better than Swift.

It is said that the looks section is questionable from the rear, but when I went close to it, I started liking it !
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img2012101100007.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img2012101100008.jpg  

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 12th October 2012 at 15:34.
yogeshnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 12:24   #816
BHPian

Hi, can someone please tell me the waiting period for Ritz ZDi/VDi variants? It would be great if I can know this in Kochi. Thanks!
Old 1st November 2012, 12:53   #817
BHPian

Hi All,

Recently my ritz completed its 4th service at 20000Km.
The service advisor could not understand why the khat sounds comes when my car crosses any speed breaker above 10km/hr speed.

He first checked the suspension, next the struts. Then he tighted all the engine craddle bolts properly.
Still the noise does not stop !! This has been in the only complaint in all the 4 services done till date.

He did make me drive a couple of other Ritz, Zero noise on the same speed breakers :(
I use Yoko tyres 185/70 R14

He says he wants to get me a part replacement under warranty, but he is wondering which part to change to sort out the issue?? What do you think is the problem guys??
Old 1st November 2012, 12:59   #818
Senior - BHPian

^^ Try to be on the brake when you are taking these bumps and see if you get the khat noise. It could be the front brake caliper pins and it might need some grease!
Old 1st November 2012, 23:16   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Hi All,

He says he wants to get me a part replacement under warranty, but he is wondering which part to change to sort out the issue?? What do you think is the problem guys??
Had the same issue, Right rear suspension was the cause in my case , fixed under warranty
Old 10th December 2012, 15:20   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Ritz Automatic coming next month

Maruti dealers have started taking bookings for the Ritz automatic with a booking amount of Rs 50,000. Deliveries will commence by January 15, 2013.
The Ritz auto will be available only in the mid-spec VXI ABS.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/322...ext-month.aspx
Old 10th December 2012, 18:35   #821
Distinguished - BHPian

We just booked the 2012-facelifted Ritz VXI ABS as our in-city commuting workhorse, in exchange for our '98 Esteem LX.

After test driving the Wagon R, Figo, Brio, Polo & Beat, we felt that the Ritz best met with our requirements of being a good handler, ease of ingress/egress (specially for my Dad & Mom who are not growing any younger), a proper 4-cyl engine with enough power/torque on offer (identical VVT specs as the Swift), good FE and ease of A.S.S.

Although Dad was smitten by the Polo's build quality and looks (I admit I am, too), we had to let it go because VW has no A.S.S. service within 300 kms of our city.

We should take our delivery by Christmas. I will post full details in my ownership report. Booking details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post2986341

Thanks to all the previous Ritz owners for their fantastic reviews and detailed inputs on a pretty modest, underrated car which is a superb VFM option in the B2-segment IMO, rear looks notwithstanding.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 13:30   #822
BHPian

Guys, i need some urgent advice on my purchase of the new Ritz.

I have recently booked a Ritz VDI, probably with red interiors as unfortunately Grey Interior Cars are not available In Stock. But today i read some articles stating that Government is planning to ban diesel vehicles. After reading this, now i am in a fix whether to go ahead with Ritz VDI or change it to a Ritz Vxi. Difference between Ritz VDI and Vxi is around 1.3 L and my average running would be around 1000 Kms/month.
I have heard Ritz Petrol Mileage is also on the lower side around 12 - 14 kmpl in City.
Banning all the Diesel Cars will be completely unrealistic in my opinion.
But, if something like this gets approved, then i am also concerned about the resale value of this car, 5 - 7 years down the line.

Kindly advice urgently as i will be going for the loan formalities tomorrow.
Thanks.
Old 18th December 2012, 13:43   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
But today i read some articles stating that Government is planning to ban diesel vehicles.
This will not happen rest assured. I have not read the report (do post a link if you have one.). But I cannot tell you how much of BS I think that is. Govt may/can increase the taxes on the diesel cars, can get diesel pricing on par with petrol, but in no way can ban diesel vehicles. As far as resale 5 - 7 years down the line, sadly we do not have the assistance of one Mr Nostradamus, (who I believe also has been proven wrong). And to state than in clear terms, no one can see the future. So as long as you use it for 5 - 7 years you have enjoyed the best period of the vehicle and you will get a fair price as prevalent then.
Chillax and go ahead with your purchase, enjoy it, drive safe.
Old 18th December 2012, 16:45   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
But today i read some articles stating that Government is planning to ban diesel vehicles. After reading this, now i am in a fix whether to go ahead with Ritz VDI or change it to a Ritz Vxi. Difference between Ritz VDI and Vxi is around 1.3 L and my average running would be around 1000 Kms/month.
Which govt. are you talking about ? Indian ? There is no way anything like this can ever happen in our lifetime

What can/should happen though is diesel price deregulation. Even dual pricing looks next to impossible and for collecting of tax, i think they will earn more if they increase price of diesel by 50 paisa instead

What you should think instead is your driving needs. 1000 kms/month is a healthy distance.(I would add 300-400km more every month, once you have the car, you will drive more) Rest assured diesel variant would easily give you 25-30% more FE so even if diesel costs same as petrol you will still save in terms of fuel

If you have the extra budget for buying diesel go for it.
-Or-
If you are into stock markets and knows the trick of doubling the money, go for petrol and double that extra 1 lakh.
Old 21st December 2012, 13:22   #825
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" thread

Thank you F150 and sandeepmohan for your inputs.

Here are the booking details of my new Car :

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Ritz VDI [without ABS, as not available in stock]
Color : Silky Silver with Red Interiors [Preferred Grey Interior Car not available in stock]
Discounts : Rs. 22,000 Cash Discount, 3000 Corporate Discount & 15000 Exchange Bonus
Freebies : Absolutely Nothing. Not even Mud Flaps or Floor Mats
OTR Price : 6,67,990 - 40000 discount = 6,27,990.
Expected Delivery Date : Probably in December Last Week
Dealer : Chowgule Industries, Pune

As expected for a new car buyer, I had some questions regarding my new car purchase :

1) Am planning to go for 0% Dep. Insurance. Is it recommended to take from Dealer or Outside ? I also have 45% NCB which i can transfer to my new insurance. Which are the good insurance providers with no hassles ? I am looking at TATA AIG as one of the Options.

2) I have read extensively on T-Bhp that Teflon Coating is a waste and not recommended. I want my Car to have the Shiny Glossy Effect. 3M has something called as UV Paint Protection. Is that similar to Teflon Coating or Wax Polish ? What can i opt for ? I might not got for Underbody Coating now. Probably after 2-3 Years.

3) I am planning to upgrade my Tires to 185/70 R14 after taking delivery from Showroom. Am considering MRF ZLO, Yoko A.Drive or Michelin XM2, in order of increasing price. Which is more VFM and how much is the buy back price i can expect for the existing tyres, which mostly should be either JK Vectra or Bridgestone S248.

4) Do parking Sensors take care of the Bumper Corners as well while turning or is it on for Front and Back ? Reason being the Parking Space in my Building is very tight and i fear scraping the Pillars while removing / parking my Car.

5) I have heard that the Stock Headlights are not good. Do i upgrade to Philips Extreme vision or upgrade to 100/90 W with Relay ? Any Warranty Issues with that ?

Will post further queries later, if i have any.
Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks