Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 17:36   #706
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

I have recently purchased a Ritz ZXI and like it in every respect except one. The inside rear view mirror, although touted to be anti glare, is not very effective when bozos tail you with main beam on. There is no flip-lever for day/night mirror adjustment in the Ritz. Any solution?
Old 16th August 2011, 17:51   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
I have recently purchased a Ritz ZXI and like it in every respect except one. The inside rear view mirror, although touted to be anti glare,
It is NOT anti-glare mirror. Maruti played a cheap trick on this one. They call it day-night mirror.

Quote:
There is no flip-lever for day/night mirror adjustment in the Ritz. Any solution?
Get the one that comes in Swift. It will fit perfectly. I think it costs about 1200/-.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:31   #708
BHPian

Thnks Gandhi. Will give this a shot.
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:20   #709
BHPian

My Ritz VXi is now 2 years old and due for service. I got 4L Castrol EDGE myself for Rs.2999. I would like to know whether MASS can officially refuse to use the Oil provided by me. Has anyone tried this with MASS in Bangalore?
Old 23rd August 2011, 21:14   #710
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Dear All! Thanks a lot for your inputs! I have got it corrected in first free service. Thanks a ton!
Hi Panko, I also Get the Same sound, So What was the issue ? What Did MASS do get rid of this soind ?.
Old 23rd August 2011, 22:54   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar_setty View Post
My Ritz VXi is now 2 years old and due for service. I got 4L Castrol EDGE myself for Rs.2999. I would like to know whether MASS can officially refuse to use the Oil provided by me. Has anyone tried this with MASS in Bangalore?
They can not refuse. you must get the oil replaced in front of your eyes.

Ask them to carry on with servicing, when they are almost done with servicing ask them to give you a call, get the oil drained in front of your eyes, wait for 5 minutes, drain the oil filter oil too. Dispose the old oil filter, get a new one installed in front of your eyes, get the new oil poured in the oil tank.

Drive safe.
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:18   #712
BHPian

Well..there's a small issue. Even if the tank is full, the digital fuel level indicator always shows a level less. Does anyone face similar issue?
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:17   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Well..there's a small issue. Even if the tank is full, the digital fuel level indicator always shows a level less. Does anyone face similar issue?
how do u check if your tank is full?

when you go to tank up, when the nozzle auto stops this doesnt mean your tank is full, it means the required amount of fuel is filled in your tank which is exteremly safe considering there is air pressure in the tank.

After the nozzle auto cut off, you can still fill 1 litre fuel easily and your digital fuel meter will show full for the first 75km.
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:34   #714
BHPian

Quote:
I always fill up till auto cut-off point and the fuel gauge shows full till first 45-50 KMs.
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:37   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I always fill up till auto cut-off point and the fuel gauge shows full till first 45-50 KMs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
how do u check if your tank is full?

when you go to tank up, when the nozzle auto stops this doesnt mean your tank is full, it means the required amount of fuel is filled in your tank which is exteremly safe considering there is air pressure in the tank.

After the nozzle auto cut off, you can still fill 1 litre fuel easily and your digital fuel meter will show full for the first 75km.
I always fill approx. 1-2 lit. petrol after auto cut off. But still fuel indicator does not show it as full.
Old 28th September 2011, 19:55   #716
BHPian

Gents

Could some body confirm me where can i find the VIN no in Ritz . a pic will help me immensely .
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:02   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Could some body confirm me where can i find the VIN no in Ritz
It is located in the upper left corner of the bonnet, Look carefully.

It is also stamped on a silver plate when you open the driver door.
Furebo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 00:00   #718
BHPian

Me and wifey test drove Ritz Zxi on the weekend, along with a couple of friends. Our observations (yes, this is a 2 year-old thread but we drove Ritz first time - we are currently looking for a replacement for our Alto):

What we liked:
- The build quality was good, there were no rattles in the TD car (20K kms).
- Ride quality was pretty good too, for rear-seat (much much better than our Alto). Intentionally tried to take over some potholes and the rear-seat passengers felt fine.
- Sufficient leg space - we are on shorter side, and so there was plenty of space behind driver's seat.
- No waiting period, car is available for immediate delivery. Comes with 25K discount + corporate discounts + some free accessories.

Neutral about:
- Both the exterior looks and interiors. We're okay with the rear design, and the baker's chocolate color is really nice.
- Boot space is okay (we were able to fit a heavy pram in it), 60:40 split is useful for more luggage. But still feel boot space could be a problem for those vacation trips.
- The seating position was a bit weird for me atleast. Could not see even the bonnet top (unlike in my other cars). Wasn't really a problem while driving though, just need to be more conservative in estimating where the bonnet/bumper ends.

What we didn't like:
- The #1 issue was the clutch position. Was ok for me, probably cause i was wearing shoes. But wifey was not at all happy, said it was tiring even in the 10-15 mins she drove.
- The front pillars are a bit thick, and sort of reminded me of a relative's Zen Estilo we had driven for a couple of days. There is a blind spot when someone (specially two-wheelers) coming from the front side turn towards you. Similarly, the rear window is on smaller side effecting the rear visibility.
- The glove box on front passenger seat seems to be placed low, and looks like it could trouble taller people.
- Noticed the issue mentioned in this thread about having to be extra careful while opening the rear doors.

Overall, i went away impressed. The overall build and ride quality makes it feel much better than our Alto (which it should, since it costs double ), as well as some other maruti cars i have been in. Would have seriously considered it, specially taking into account Maruti's A.S.S - but the clutch was a problem, and we ideally want bit more boot space. Planning to TD the Jazz next week and decide.

We did our test drive at Sagar Motors, Bannerghata road. Very impressed - they have lots of parking space, and saw good number of test drive vehicles there for the different cars. Had a better experience than couple of other dealers we called up for getting a TD.
Old 10th October 2011, 12:46   #719
BHPian

I'm 5.11 and i do not find any issues with the Clutch on the Vdi variant.
When you used to low position alto clutch you will ofcourse find a difference with a Ritz Clutch. The seating position on the Ritz is awesome, if you adjust the seat correctly, clutch will not be an issue for sure.

Boot is about 250 Litres plus you get a 60:40 Spilt option, if you need more boot than this then JAZZ/FIGO are your only options.

All the Best.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th October 2011 at 16:12.
Old 10th October 2011, 13:25   #720
BHPian

Quote:
I'm 5.11 and i do not find any issues with the Clutch on the Vdi variant.
When you used to low position alto clutch you will ofcourse find a difference with a Ritz Clutch. The seating position on the Ritz is awesome, if you adjust the seat correctly, clutch will not be an issue for sure.
She did try the seat adjustments, but somehow wasn't comfortable. What she told me was that her foot was kind of in the air when she needs to press the clutch.

Quote:
Boot is about 250 Litres plus you get a 60:40 Spilt option, if you need more boot than this then JAZZ/FIGO are your only options.

All the Best.
Thanks - Yes, travelling with a baby means lots of luggage . Planning to TD Jazz soon and then come to a decision. Maybe if required, another TD of Ritz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks