Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2013, 11:43   #871
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMichael View Post
If you are planning to purchase the same from a accessories dealer and not the dealership, I would recommend to handover the ICE unit to your contact at the dealership , atleast one day prior to delivery. They would do a better job than most accessory shops.
Thank you.
The dealerships install third party accessories too? I didn't know that. I guess the risk to my electrical warranty is lesser that way. I wouldn't mind paying a slight premium for that. Do they do the anti-theft thingy as well?
Old 21st March 2013, 12:23   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
Thank you.
The dealerships install third party accessories too? I didn't know that. I guess the risk to my electrical warranty is lesser that way. I wouldn't mind paying a slight premium for that. Do they do the anti-theft thingy as well?
Well they should - I had my ICE fitted by Pratham Motors Bangalore , I know somebody who did the same at Indus Motors in Kochi. I am sure , your dealership would have auto-cop.
JoeMichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 11:10   #873
BHPian

Is it just me or did a whole bunch of posts just go missing from this thread? I'm sure there was at least one more page on this thread and that the last post was on 7th/8th of April! Mods, any idea what just happened?
Old 9th April 2013, 22:49   #874
SBR
BHPian

I was always fascinated by the RITZ from the time it was launched and the face lift version looked too attractive.

Finally, the day arrived and I booked by Breeze Blue Ritz VDI today at Mandovi Motors. Details mentioned in "I Booked my Car" thread.

This will be my second car after my M-800. Really excited.
SBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 23:22   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post

Finally, the day arrived and I booked by Breeze Blue Ritz VDI today at Mandovi Motors. Details mentioned in "I Booked my Car" thread.

Congrats SBR.
It's a lovely car , no second thoughts about it .
Try to negotiate hard for some free stuff from the dealer .
The discount that you got is very good .
Try to get the security system through the dealer itself as free .
Oh yes , welcome to Ritzy club .
Cheers
Old 17th April 2013, 13:01   #876
BHPian

Things have come to a head. We'd been waiting for a Vxi-ABS since mid Dec. Dad's fed up of waiting. The dealer called today to say that two Vdi-ABS cars are on their way and we could have one of those if we wanted. We'd said no to many such offers before, but I guess there's only so long a person can wait before the craving gets better of him. Dad said yes to a brown Ritz and called me to confirm. Looking at the ex-showroom prices of Ritz Vdi ABS and Honda Amaze base diesel, I asked him to reconsider. I mean, for just 15k more (without dealer discounts, of course) we get a much bigger car, better engine and a large boot. The only disadvantage is the low-slung seats. Ritz diesel looks way over-priced right now! To be honest to myself, we don't need a sedan. We don't need that bigger boot. Dad's been driving a 11 year old Santro, so the performance difference between DDIS and iDtec doesn't matter either. So we don't need the Amaze. But hell yeah, the Ritz has got to sell way cheaper!
Old 17th April 2013, 15:43   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
Things have come to a head. We'd been waiting for a Vxi-ABS since mid Dec. Dad's fed up of waiting. The dealer called today to say that two Vdi-ABS cars are on their way and we could have one of those if we wanted.
Why did you not consider the Zxi variant instead of waiting almost 6 months?? If you are concerned about ABS, you would also get airbags, stereo and 185 section tyres in the ZXi variant. If there is no need of a diesel and ABS is your sole criteria consider the ZXi variant instead and you will end up saving much more than going in for a diesel and spending almost 1.3 lakhs over a VXi ABS.
Old 17th April 2013, 15:59   #878
Senior - BHPian

+1 to S2.
Also if you are only looking for ABS equipped car then why not look out of the maruti stable and check out some other cars from different manufacturer, may be a brio .
I am sure there are better car in the market than the Ritz.

Cheers
Old 17th April 2013, 16:22   #879
BHPian

What Schoudhury is saying, is true.

Also, for the price difference between the ZXi and VXi, you get disproportionately more kit (in addition to everything S2 has mentioned: rear-wash-wipe, and probably rake-adjustment for the steering and height-adjustment for the driver's seat are also ZXi-only, but not sure).

I was in the market to buy a Ritz petrol (always loved that K-series petrol engine and even more so in VVT form), but when I saw what all you get for your money, I was not too impressed. Heck for what you pay, you should atleast get fully-electric mirrors and reach-adjustable steering! And then my friend's Civic literally fell into my lap LOL and the Ritz dream was abandoned forever.

If you are not averse to buying used, a little patience can get you an unbelievable bargain, 2 segments above the Ritz.

Last edited by vivekjayasheel : 17th April 2013 at 16:26.
Old 17th April 2013, 16:28   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Why did you not consider the Zxi variant instead of waiting almost 6 months?? If you are concerned about ABS, you would also get airbags, stereo and 185 section tyres in the ZXi variant. If there is no need of a diesel and ABS is your sole criteria consider the ZXi variant instead and you will end up saving much more than going in for a diesel and spending almost 1.3 lakhs over a VXi ABS.
The only extra that appealed to me on Zxi was airbags. But the difference in price was 60k-ish. We didn't wanna spend that much. Vxi-ABS struck me as the most VFM variant. Besides, what I understood from my discussions with the dealer is that all petrol variants are generally hard to come by, be it L, V or Z. But MSIL ships more Vxi (without ABS) than other variants. My assessment (could be wrong) was that opting for Zxi wouldn't have made it any quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
+1 to S2.
Also if you are only looking for ABS equipped car then why not look out of the maruti stable and check out some other cars from different manufacturer, may be a brio .
I am sure there are better car in the market than the Ritz.

Cheers
I considered Brio and i10. i10 Asta (their only variant with safety features) was way too expensive and my Santro has been returning 10kmpl these days. Hyundai hatches aren't very fuel efficient. Brio was my favourite, but it's boot was a deal breaker.
Old 17th April 2013, 18:33   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekjayasheel View Post
If you are not averse to buying used, a little patience can get you an unbelievable bargain, 2 segments above the Ritz.
That's a good suggestion vivekjayasheel, but we kept our last car 11 years, 110000+km. We're probably gonna keep this one ten years too. A brand new car will give us fewer hassles in those ten years (hopefully).
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:00   #882
BHPian

I'm really curious about Ritz Petrol's performance after they fitted it with VVT technology. Anybody out here with first-hand experience? Maybe a comparison vis-a-vis other petrol cars in the segment?
Old 23rd April 2013, 18:41   #883
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Congrats SBR.
It's a lovely car , no second thoughts about it .
Try to negotiate hard for some free stuff from the dealer .
The discount that you got is very good .
Try to get the security system through the dealer itself as free .
Oh yes , welcome to Ritzy club .
Cheers
Thanks. Since they have given a 50K discount, no more discounts or freebies offered.

I have opted for MGA Security System, Fabric Seat Covers & 90/100 Philips Bulbs as Accessories.

Have closed all the formalities. Car will be home this Friday.
Old 23rd April 2013, 18:46   #884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on the new car. Wishing you many miles of happy and safe drives.

Quote:
Thanks. Since they have given a 50K discount, no more discounts or freebies offered.
Speak with Mr. Mahesh who is the sales manager at Mandovi, Lavelle Road, or the sales exec. Mr. Kamlesh Borana there. Refer my name if required. You might be able to squeeze some accessories from them for free.
Old 23rd April 2013, 18:54   #885
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congrats on the new car. Wishing you many miles of happy and safe drives.

Speak with Mr. Mahesh who is the sales manager at Mandovi, Lavelle Road, or the sales exec. Mr. Kamlesh Borana there. Refer my name if required. You might be able to squeeze some accessories from them for free.
Thanks Aditya. I really fell in love with your car (Ritz ZDI) when it arrived. I liked the color so much that I booked the same color. Earlier I was contemplating booking a White Ritz.

I am taking the car from Mandovi Motors, Wheeler Road showroom as I live close by. Will speak to Mahesh or Kamlesh for sure.

Car is due for Delivery on Friday (26th April 2013) morning. Plan to take it to Madhus and upgrade the 165 profile tyres to 185 Michelins & also have the PPF installation & CF wrap done at 3M.
SBR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed