Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 19:57   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
BTW Hyundai is still refusing the bloody ECU cover. Got my 10k service done today. NOW WHAT ?? It's really irritating me now, are we supposed to go with the Verna's ECU cover? I'm damn bugged about this now.
At HMP ?

One of the TBHPian from Mumbai did get it fixed from Modi Hyundai right, I remember seeing that in the main thread about ECU cover.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:17   #317
BHPian

Have read through all the 22 pages.
Thanks to Wildon and all the participants to make this thread very informative.

This will help the prospective i20 buyers like me.

Hope i will also contribute to this thread soon.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:38   #318
@ri
BHPian

Here comes couple of questions from my side as I find this thread to be the best on i20 Features. (Just picked up an i20, and this is my initial ownership thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...omes-home.html )
1. Made a strange discovery that the Headlamps cannot be switched off when the car is in motion. (It happened at night so dont yet know if the same will happen in the night)
2. The iPOD connection. I want to connect my iPOD badly (Have an iPOD 4G so it is supposed to work). The dealership is quoting a price of 150 Bucks!!! I think it is little too less.
Has anyone used a cable like this for their iPOD? found it somewheer on the net for Hyundai iPOD connectivity
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-ipodcable.jpg  

Old 21st May 2010, 18:03   #319
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
1. Made a strange discovery that the Headlamps cannot be switched off when the car is in motion. (It happened at night so dont yet know if the same will happen in the night)
I think it comes only in the new variant i20's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
2. The iPOD connection. I want to connect my iPOD badly (Have an iPOD 4G so it is supposed to work). The dealership is quoting a price of 150 Bucks!!! I think it is little too less.
Has anyone used a cable like this for their iPOD? found it somewheer on the net for Hyundai iPOD connectivity
Get the genuine one . Here is a link for the Original Cable

HYUNDAI, i20 i30 CABLE ASSY IPOD PART No96125-2L000 on eBay (end time 26-May-10 21:08:22 BST)
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:19   #320
rbp
BHPian

A colleague of mine has a diesel i20, done around 12K. He had a horror story to tell about his i20.
Once while getting his car out of the office basement, the security guy noticed some oil leaking, he ignored then, later on at some other place he himself spotted oil dripping, took it to the service station, those guys put it on the hydraulics to check the engine bay, to his horror it was the radiator that was leaking, since the i20 does not have any sort of protection plate under the engine like the punto has, probably a stone flew and hit the radiator, resulting in the leak. Hyundai refused to replace the radiator [25K] under warranty blaming the owner of the vehicle for negligence, the owner says he has never taken it on bad roads, still the hyundai guys refused, finally he decided to claim insurance for it, but still the insurance guys did not do a full refund, they paid only 16K, the rest he had to shell out from his pocket.

Looks like this baby needs to be driven with utmost care.

Note :- In my i20's left rear wheel compartment, a plastic covering has come off, exposing a whole, dunno what this hole is for. Will post a picture tommorrow.
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:01   #321
BANNED

i20's Front Bumper clearance while coming out from a "Dip" is giving concerns to me now a days. The Bumper bottom portion scratches 10/10 times on a road near my home.

@rbp
Curiously waiting for the pics.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:58   #322
BHPian

the rubber strip below my front bumper has sheared clear off from the bumper on left side due to the bad roads of Ghaziabad. I have stuck it back on and now i just pray everytime i cross a bump !
Old 2nd June 2010, 23:40   #323
BHPian

if it is a minor scratch there's nothing to worry. there is a 3-4 inch rubber strip attached to the bottom of the front bumper which cleans all the road-humps well. most of the time, it is that one which is touching the humps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
i20's Front Bumper clearance while coming out from a "Dip" is giving concerns to me now a days. The Bumper bottom portion scratches 10/10 times on a road near my home.

@rbp
Curiously waiting for the pics.
on a separate note, I began hearing the steering column noise on bumpy roads few weeks back and mentioned that when I gave the car for 2nd free service y'day (kanakapura road trident). they fixed it. service mgr venkatesh said there was some loose spring which they rectified. I asked will it tighten the steering, he said nothing like that. I paid attention to the steering noise today on the way to office (27kms round-trip) with few bumpy patches, and didn't hear a thing. hope it doesn't come back again and hope they didn't mess up anything else.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:16   #324
rbp
BHPian

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-20100603-09.01.08.jpg

here we go.
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:19   #325
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
if it is a minor scratch there's nothing to worry. there is a 3-4 inch rubber strip attached to the bottom of the front bumper which cleans all the road-humps well. most of the time, it is that one which is touching the humps.
If it was that rubber strip i wouldn't mind at all, Unfortunately its the bumper that scratches :-( . I don't have any choice now as i have to go through this road till they make it even surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
on a separate note, I began hearing the steering column noise on bumpy roads few weeks back and mentioned that when I gave the car for 2nd free service y'day (kanakapura road trident). they fixed it. service mgr venkatesh said there was some loose spring which they rectified. I asked will it tighten the steering, he said nothing like that. I paid attention to the steering noise today on the way to office (27kms round-trip) with few bumpy patches, and didn't hear a thing. hope it doesn't come back again and hope they didn't mess up anything else.
I'm yet to go for the change, as i got different versions for action from the SM & SA Combined. First they told they have received the Lower Column Part and asked me to come down with the car, the whole day i waited nothing happened, evening they said they are not changing it as they wanted to change the spring and the same is not available with them.

They said it will take 2-3 days for the parts to arrive, The next time i drops in the SM said its already been changed and i was

I lost the trust and looking for alternatives now

Two days after SA Called me to come down for changing the parts... But i don't have the trust in them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Attachment 360657

here we go.
Is it back wheel side ? I wonder whats that !
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:45   #326
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
If it was that rubber strip i wouldn't mind at all, Unfortunately its the bumper that scratches :-( . I don't have any choice now as i have to go through this road till they make it even surface.

I'm yet to go for the change, as i got different versions for action from the SM & SA Combined. First they told they have received the Lower Column Part and asked me to come down with the car, the whole day i waited nothing happened, evening they said they are not changing it as they wanted to change the spring and the same is not available with them.

They said it will take 2-3 days for the parts to arrive, The next time i drops in the SM said its already been changed and i was

I lost the trust and looking for alternatives now

Two days after SA Called me to come down for changing the parts... But i don't have the trust in them now.

Is it back wheel side ? I wonder whats that !
The hole that you see is near the rear door. I am going to Shimoga tommorrow, need to do some temporary fix for this, so that rain water does not get into it.
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:21   #327
BHPian

Quote:
The hole that you see is near the rear door. I am going to Shimoga tommorrow, need to do some temporary fix for this, so that rain water does not get into it.
Hi rbp,

I think that hole is where the mudflap's rivet fits into. it should not trouble you in any ways!

But then...I may be wrong too!!
Old 4th June 2010, 08:35   #328
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
I have a zen, which causes even more trouble with its GC. I do try somethings on the B'lore roads like take the humps diagonally (provided the incoming traffic won't mind). Atleast "some" humps dont scratch that way
Old 4th June 2010, 13:50   #329
BANNED

Quote:
I just checked in my car, and don't worry its just a small plastic cover which is missing from that part, you can get it fixed from the A.S.S
Old 4th June 2010, 14:45   #330
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
I just checked in my car, and don't worry its just a small plastic cover which is missing from that part, you can get it fixed from the A.S.S
I have stuffed in a cover there, so that rain water does not get in. I will take it up with the A.S.S later.

Last edited by rbp : 4th June 2010 at 14:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks