Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 12:30   #496
Senior - BHPian

Sent my car for 3rd Service (Paid) on saturday (30/10/10).
After servicing, they returned the car without 'water wash'.

Total Bill amount Rs.2417/- which includes:

-oil filter - Rs.256.84
-wash fluid pouch - Rs.51.78
-Oil - Rs.789.95
-Labour - Rs.620.00 (?)
-Engine care: Rs.350.00
-Miscekkabeous sublet operations: Rs.100 (?)

plus various taxes - total comes to Rs.2417.00

Have written a strong email complaint (copy marked to Ford CC) for returning the car without water wash. The Service engineer called me few minutes back to say that they have some problem with the water servicing section and promised to do same within a week's time.

My B/law who took the car to the service station advising, there is total chaos there with so many cars around (more figo's) hence all these problems/confusion...

Last edited by nairrk : 1st November 2010 at 12:39.
Old 1st November 2010, 13:07   #497
BHPian

Nairji, you should be thankful that no waterwash was done! Going by the chaos and type of wash I have seen, I would prefer getting the car back without car wash rather than carwash + scratches.

For the amts where u have put question marks, did not you seek clarifications - what are these charges for?
Old 1st November 2010, 14:19   #498
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I already sent an email asking for clarification, especially about the Engine care and miscallenous expense and high labour cost. All mails sent to them also copied to Ford CC.
Old 1st November 2010, 15:12   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
-Labour - Rs.620.00 (?)
-Engine care: Rs.350.00
Labour is the Service Charge. This was a paid service, right? And Engine Care is something they do to fleece. They clean and spray some thing on the engine so that it looks all clean clean. I usually tell them not to use wash fluid pouch. If you have not asked for Engine Care, please ask them to credit the expense back. Also they are supposed to ask you before doing anything other than regular servicing.
Old 1st November 2010, 15:37   #500
Senior - BHPian

yes Unni, that was my arguement.
I called the guys in the morning, soonest my car reached at the service centre and the they said that they will call me with details of expenses. But never called.I called around 4pm and he told me that the car was already taken(my B/Law drove the car to the service station), after service and the bill was Rs.2417.
I could see the details of expenses only after I got the Bill.

The so called Labour charge or Service charge they charged is high that too without doing water service..

In the meantime, I got a reply from Ford CC, acknowledging my complaint and they are taking up with the Dealer etc..
Let me see how it develops further.
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:42   #501
Senior - BHPian

update:

Got an email from Ford India, Customer Relations (copy of the mail sent to my Dealer) asking the dealer to look into my concern and brief them with details. Accordingly, I got a call from Service section manager of Ford dealer here, who first apologised for whatever happened and agreed to do the Water wash. He also agreed to send his driver to pick the car from my place, do the work and return back -all free of charge. (They also confirmed this in writing-email).

The amount of Rs.350/-charged by them towards Engine care(without my authority) will be adjusted in the future service.

So far all under control - let see how it goes further.
Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2010, 18:18   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The amount of Rs.350/-charged by them towards Engine care(without my authority) will be adjusted in the future service.
Good. This is the right thing to do. But, on the other hand, the engine bay does look all clean and shiny!!
Old 2nd November 2010, 18:45   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Good. This is the right thing to do. But, on the other hand, the engine bay does look all clean and shiny!!
+
Yet to open and see the engine bay..
In anycase, same treatment was done during 2nd service and since then I have been regularly cleaning, wherever it is possible.
The question is not the cost of Rs.350/- but they have no authority to do any such works (just to earn money for the dealer ?) on their own and submit a bill later ..
Old 17th November 2010, 14:15   #504
Senior - BHPian

Nair sir,

Had you got the wheel alignment/balancing done in the 3rd service? The 3rd service check list as per manual mentions that alignment need to checked. Can you confirm.

But in my case I was fleeced by Ford dealer for the alignment/balancing and was charged around 1200 plus the labour & weight charges.

Will be writing to Ford customer care.
Old 17th November 2010, 17:35   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Nair sir,

Had you got the wheel alignment/balancing done in the 3rd service? The 3rd service check list as per manual mentions that alignment need to checked. Can you confirm.

But in my case I was fleeced by Ford dealer for the alignment/balancing and was charged around 1200 plus the labour & weight charges.

Will be writing to Ford customer care.
Rs1200 Weights of Titanium??? I never get it done at the service center.
Old 17th November 2010, 18:14   #506
Senior - BHPian

I had got my wheel balancing and alignment complimentary from the Michelin dealer itself, so no clue about the charges. But is it actually 1200 everywhere ?

Ford center did the tire rotation in my previous service FREE
Old 17th November 2010, 18:34   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I had got my wheel balancing and alignment complimentary from the Michelin dealer itself, so no clue about the charges. But is it actually 1200 everywhere ?

Ford center did the tire rotation in my previous service FREE
It usually comes to about Rs400-500 for me, with weights, when done at regular tyre shops.
Old 17th November 2010, 19:33   #508
BHPian

I & Gilead did our 3rd service (1st yr paid) few days back...charges are similar to Nairji..of course no engine treatment;-D. Labor charges here were though higher by appx 200-250.

We also had the brake pad cleaned.

Wheel rotation was free for Vijay...I didnt need it since some time back only upgraded to Yoko.

Ghodlur, I did ask for wheel alignment/balancing charges - it seems to be around 300 for checking and 800-900 in case any adjustment needs to be done. So it is not technically fleecing if you opted for this service. It is another matter that the same could have been done outside for half. Having said that, I will personally prefer to get it done at Ford a.s.s for peace of mind.

During the service, both of us were standing next to the car full time. The SA turned out to be nice chap and anwsered all technical queries patiently. Both our cars were assigned diff service guys who carried out all tasks promptly without wasting time.

First time I saw for myself how the engine oil was drained. They showed the air filter which had become totally black. It was replaced with a new one. Apart from other checks, they carried out the battery gravity checks..even some anti-rust type spray was used for the battery terminals. A/c filter inside the cabin was cleaned as well.

Overall a nice experience...took 3 hrs. Vijay says the car is breathing easier now, being more revv happy...though have not been able to rip mine yet. but it feels better than before.

Last edited by sanjayc : 17th November 2010 at 19:38.
Old 17th November 2010, 19:59   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
...First time I saw for myself how the engine oil was drained. They showed the air filter which had become totally black. It was replaced with a new one. Apart from other checks, they carried out the battery gravity checks..even some anti-rust type spray was used for the battery terminals. A/c filter inside the cabin was cleaned as well....
Sanju, I didn't know they entertain customers to hang around while they do their work. Would personally like to see how our beauty is getting its treatments with caring hands. Let me see if I can spare sometime in the next service due 20th Jan 2011 !
Old 17th November 2010, 20:27   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Sanju, I didn't know they entertain customers to hang around while they do their work. Would personally like to see how our beauty is getting its treatments with caring hands. Let me see if I can spare sometime in the next service due 20th Jan 2011 !
Generally they don't..but this Chennai Ford service center is in poonamalle closer to the race track - we have to drive down 30 kms up/down- it is comparatively less crowded than the main Arumbakkam center - this doubles up as stockyard as well. Being at the outskirts, this is a massive place. The service bays are pretty neat & organized.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks