Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 11:04   #451
BHPian

Nair saab, i was checking in your Fiesta thread but didnt find any comment on this doubt that I have - Is there anything wrong in operating the AC using the blower speed knob? My AC switch is always ON and i turn the blower speed knob to switch on/off.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:04   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
Nair saab, i was checking in your Fiesta thread but didnt find any comment on this doubt that I have - Is there anything wrong in operating the AC using the blower speed knob? My AC switch is always ON and i turn the blower speed knob to switch on/off.
+
No problem in switching on /off the a/c using the blower knob (myself also doing in similar operation). In fiesta, the small light glowing on the a/c button may not be visible easily in the daylight confusing whether the button is on or off. so it is convenient to keep the button in 'on' position permenantly and we operate the blower knob to switch on/off the a/c.?
Old 14th July 2010, 12:31   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
No problem in switching on /off the a/c using the blower knob (myself also doing in similar operation). In fiesta, the small light glowing on the a/c button may not be visible easily in the daylight confusing whether the button is on or off. so it is convenient to keep the button in 'on' position permenantly and we operate the blower knob to switch on/off the a/c.?
Thank you Nair saab. I also found it convenient to control using the blower knob. The only disadvantage is when you stop the car. I usually idle for 20-30 seconds after switching off the AC so that RPM drops to the normal 800. Since you turn off the blower, there is no air flow for that last 30 seconds. The other obvious option is to switch off the AC button and keep the blower on till RPM drops to 800. But controlling on the knob has become more of a habbit now so I've got used to the last 30 seconds without air flow.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:46   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Nair saab. I also found it convenient to control using the blower knob. The only disadvantage is when you stop the car. I usually idle for 20-30 seconds after switching off the AC so that RPM drops to the normal 800. Since you turn off the blower, there is no air flow for that last 30 seconds. The other obvious option is to switch off the AC button and keep the blower on till RPM drops to 800. But controlling on the knob has become more of a habbit now so I've got used to the last 30 seconds without air flow.
MY logic is exactly the reverse. I find it convinient to switch the AC button to control keeping the blower speeds untouched. The other point is keeping AC on without any air will put load on the compressor which would remain on for a few seconds without doing anything. Although the time frame is small, helps in saving fuel too.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:51   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
MY logic is exactly the reverse. I find it convinient to switch the AC button to control keeping the blower speeds untouched. The other point is keeping AC on without any air will put load on the compressor which would remain on for a few seconds without doing anything. Although the time frame is small, helps in saving fuel too.
Load on compressor without any airflow - thats precisely my doubt was. Will that do any harm in the long run?
Old 14th July 2010, 17:45   #456
Senior - BHPian

keeping a/c ON means both the switches ( blower knob as well as a/c button) has to be in 'ON' position?

Take it that the A/C button is ON, but the blower switch is off which means the a/c is in OFF position only. When you switch ON the blower (with A/C button also ON) you will then find the small light glowing on the A/C button which means the compressor is on. Otherwise the compressor is OFF and only you will get the air from Blower fan (when you switch ON
only the blower but a/c button is OFF??)

Last edited by nairrk : 14th July 2010 at 17:46. Reason: correction
Old 14th July 2010, 19:07   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Load on compressor without any airflow - thats precisely my doubt was. Will that do any harm in the long run?
Simble!

Start car, roll front windows down, switch on fan, switch on AC - You hear the compressor clutch going CLICK, and RPM rising a bit. Load on compressor.

Now, switch off fan. Does the RPM come down? If it does, then I guess it means no load on compressor.
Old 15th July 2010, 10:48   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Simble!

Start car, roll front windows down, switch on fan, switch on AC - You hear the compressor clutch going CLICK, and RPM rising a bit. Load on compressor.

Now, switch off fan. Does the RPM come down? If it does, then I guess it means no load on compressor.
You are right. It was actually that simble logic when I thought about it again. At times of brain drain, common sense switch never comes on...
Old 16th September 2010, 18:04   #459
Senior - BHPian

Hai everyone.
I am bringing back my thread after couple of months.

I have just renewed my insurance on my Fiesta (due on 22nd Sept) through National Insurance (Instead of BA). I got 20% NCB and 15% discount from them.
Total amount paid Rs.12,750/- .
This is just for other fiesta owners information.(so that you can compare with what you are going to pay for your car?)
Old 16th September 2010, 18:31   #460
BHPian

Nairji, dunno why you need to be so apologetic about posting in your thread

Did you have had any negative experience with BA? Why switch to NI? BTW, I went with NI during purchase...have'nt had the need to test out their service though, thankfully.

I am wondering about my renewal now! I hope they will insure accessories in my Fiesta which is half the value of the car, taking into account depreciation Keep glued.
Old 16th September 2010, 18:47   #461
Senior - BHPian

I have no enemity with BA.
They just sent me a renewal letter without premium amount.
Thereafter they sent few sms asking me to authorise them to renew. Telephone calls came after that repeating same. I asked them to send me their premium and what NCB they are going to give etc. Nothing recieved except similar sms. Lastly I sent them an email asking details of the premium amount and gave them 3 days time to revert.
No response. I dont want to delay the matter till last moment and then once Insurance expires then I need to take the car insurance company for formalities etc. So inorder avoid all these , I called the agent of NI (whom I know very well) today who came to me with all information/calculation ready. So deal done.

(sanjay, am not apologising??)
Old 16th September 2010, 20:16   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I have just renewed my insurance on my Fiesta (due on 22nd Sept) through National Insurance (Instead of BA). I got 20% NCB and 15% discount from them. Total amount paid Rs.12,750/-
Hope I could use that discounted cost 2 months back, quoting related post about my renewal below (dated 6th July 2010):
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I renewed my Fiesta insurance with ICICI Lombard for Rs.20139/- yesterday....First year it was insured with Bajaj Allianz and I claimed Rs.6000/- few months back. While trying to renew it online, it showed vehicle IDV Rs.526276 and a premium of Rs.22864 as I had no bonus for renewal. First year premium was only Rs.17867/-.....ICICI showed vehicle IDV Rs.534650 (which is more) and a premium of Rs.20139 (which is less). I didnt think twice, I renewed it with ICICI.
So I had to part with that 20% NCB and the 15% bonus. Fortunately this was my first claim ever to any insurance company till date and hope thats the last too .

Nairji, please update your latest mileage figures. Mine is just 12 km in the bumper to bumper mad crowd with full time AC on as of this week.
Old 16th September 2010, 20:52   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Nairji, please update your latest mileage figures. Mine is just 12 km in the bumper to bumper mad crowd with full time AC on as of this week.
What? 12!! Any addictive additive you are mixing under the sly or what?
Or, was it the car bumper behind pushing you all along

Man, you must be having some tricks up your sleeve! I am coming over there to learn...8.5 is the max I can squeeze out.
Old 16th September 2010, 21:06   #464
Senior - BHPian

Comeon sanju, I thought 12 is the average figure by majority of fiesta guys here ! I have system-G in the boot, but always forget to use it whenever I do full tank. Does the additive improve mileage ? I really doubt about that.

One thing I can guarantee about my driving-style, I never hear the engine, which means I dont race the engine to enjoy that roar under the hood . May be that explains the mileage.
Old 16th September 2010, 21:28   #465
BHPian

My Fiesta's insurance came up to 10k odd on renewal. My dad did it through Kairali Ford itself. There was no claim on the car. In fact, Kairali Ford gave the lowest quote for insurance and its an added advantage as it remains cashless by default.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks