Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 14:25   #346
BHPian

hello friends...
i am having black linea...
can you guys suggest me best tool.. & how to easily clean my car..
as it gets dusty...very faster..

thanks
vikram
Old 24th March 2010, 14:55   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram999 View Post
hello friends...
i am having black linea...
can you guys suggest me best tool.. & how to easily clean my car..
as it gets dusty...very faster..

thanks
vikram
+
just buy Jopasu Duster (see 'accessories' thread) and will take care of the cleaning. It is very good and you can clean the car in couple of minutes.
(you read the thread and you will come know how good it is)
Old 24th March 2010, 22:17   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh
But I have done the following things to ensure that I am not considered...
Man..this really takes the cake..never thought of calling up a.s.s in other cities to cross-check the prices...

Quote:
One more thing: I hope they can paint the new bumper properly and it will look just like original. Am I right?
Yes..it should look exactly like the original..check in bright light the paint shade..anything less, just refuse to take delivery. Another thing..when the invoice is printed ensure each part no/description printed is explained and you get to know which part in the invoice goes where in the car. Those invoice can be pretty cryptic..even the labor parts ensure to dig deeper.

Quote:
I can take this up. Please let me know the individual prices and I will try to collate. I know the prices for 2 parts - rear bumper & tail lamp assembly.
First thing I want to find out if the part nos printed in the invoice are same for similar parts across dealers..since VF said it comes out of system..not sure if Gilead/Shaju have posted their exact invoice to check this one out. When it comes to dealers, my attitude is to suspect everything until proven otherwise.
Old 24th March 2010, 22:32   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
First thing I want to find out if the part nos printed in the invoice are same for similar parts across dealers..since VF said it comes out of system..not sure if Gilead/Shaju have posted their exact invoice to check this one out. When it comes to dealers, my attitude is to suspect everything until proven otherwise.
The part numbers are there in the estimate PDF I had posted in my thread. The same numbers are there in the final bill as well. We can compare if Shaju can post his invoice.
Old 24th March 2010, 22:38   #350
BHPian

Hey fiesta guys any one noticed an ever so light thunk/clunk sound from the gearbox at parking speeds while engaging 1st or 2nd gear?Doesnt happen always.
Old 25th March 2010, 09:47   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Hey fiesta guys any one noticed an ever so light thunk/clunk sound from the gearbox at parking speeds while engaging 1st or 2nd gear?Doesnt happen always.
+
Havent noticed any abnormal sound from the gearbox so far..
Dont know if any one else experienced similar problem?
Old 25th March 2010, 09:57   #352
BHPian

Aditya, can you elaborate further on this noise? Have'nt noticed anything abnormal so far. Only issue with my gearshift is with the reverse one..3-4 out of 10 times, it will no go the full way downwards (about 1/4inch or so till the end) , but if I continue to press the pedal,, thus moving the vehicle, it will slot properly.
Old 25th March 2010, 13:39   #353
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer that my car is ready after all the repairs. Total bill is approx. 11200 INR out of which I have to pay 4200 INR.

I didn't quite expect the car to be ready in 2 days.

Anyways, I am happy now. Hopefully they have done it properly and not added any extra issues.

I will try to check things as much as possible & noticeable.

I will update more once I come back
Old 25th March 2010, 18:09   #354
BHPian

Got my car back

I got my car back just now. The things which were broken got replaced. The final bill was as per the initial estimate given.

Following are my initial observations about the repair job:
1. Fixed the right tail lamp & the bumper properly. No issues in it. Drove for around 5 KMS and no extra sound, whatsoever.
2. The newly painted color matched perfectly with the existing color. I am happy.
3. I will not give them a 10 out of 10 as fas as the paint finish is concerned. Though the finish was perfect in 99 % of the area, I just noticed a very small area of minor white blisters just below the left tail lamp . The area may be very small (1 sq. cm approx) and I even failed to notice it while in the service center. Seems like they have put the paint on some dust particles in that area.
4. They missed to fix the part of the side boot carpet (just on top of the lamp from inside) after replacing the lamp.
5. They delivered the car after cleaning it properly. Though I still feel that I will tell them not to clean to prevent any hairline scratches (they use really old clothes).

If they had done point 3 properly, I would have been a very happy customer. But my reaction is now mixed - not happy, not sad.

Or am I expecting too much?

Apart from that, I feel IFFCO-TOKIO did a good job. I was not involved at all in the entire proceedings. I just gave my part of the cost & came back.
Old 26th March 2010, 09:38   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
I got my car back just now. The things which were broken got replaced. The final bill was as per the initial estimate given.

Following are my initial observations about the repair job:
1. Fixed the right tail lamp & the bumper properly. No issues in it. Drove for around 5 KMS and no extra sound, whatsoever.
2. The newly painted color matched perfectly with the existing color. I am happy.
3. I will not give them a 10 out of 10 as fas as the paint finish is concerned. Though the finish was perfect in 99 % of the area, I just noticed a very small area of minor white blisters just below the left tail lamp . The area may be very small (1 sq. cm approx) and I even failed to notice it while in the service center. Seems like they have put the paint on some dust particles in that area.
4. They missed to fix the part of the side boot carpet (just on top of the lamp from inside) after replacing the lamp.
5. They delivered the car after cleaning it properly. Though I still feel that I will tell them not to clean to prevent any hairline scratches (they use really old clothes).

If they had done point 3 properly, I would have been a very happy customer. But my reaction is now mixed - not happy, not sad.

Or am I expecting too much?

Apart from that, I feel IFFCO-TOKIO did a good job. I was not involved at all in the entire proceedings. I just gave my part of the cost & came back.
+
good to see that you got your car back in original look.
imo, we cannot expect 100% perfectness from any workshop?
Now, fix a reverse senser at the earliest
Old 26th March 2010, 11:14   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
good to see that you got your car back in original look.
imo, we cannot expect 100% perfectness from any workshop?
Now, fix a reverse senser at the earliest
I took the car to the service center again for that small paint problem. They acknowledged that the painter has not cleaned the place properly before painting. Told me that they will repaint that part & asked me to bring the car next Thursday.

I am happy with the service as they are listening to things, not trying to justify issues & doing the needful.

I will surely fix a reverse sensor within few days. I have a small question. At what minimum distance, the sensor starts alarming you? Does it take care of rear corners as well?

Between, I got a small financial shock when I did my second tankfull today. It took in 36.34 more litres. Distance travelled between 2 tankfulls = 260. FE = 7.15 kmpl

I was so worried at that time. Later came to know from people that the petrol bunk has a very bad history of low-fueling and locals seldom goes there for filling.

But, still don't you feel that 7.15 is too less? I agree that I am a new driver. I also acknowledge that the car is now going through my initial days of driving.

But, still being a new one, I do the following:
1. I drive sedately. Have reached 100 kmph only once.
2. I look at RPM only, not kmph and try to maintain it between 1500-2000.
3. I upshift at around 2000 rpm & downshift between 1000-1300 rpm.
4. I did not brake hard even once
5. I do not ride on clutch at all while the car is in smooth motion. But I have to do it at crossings or in B2B traffic.

Do you all feel that I am doing anything wrong? Or is there any problem anywhere?

Please let me know.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:18   #357
Senior - BHPian

mayukh, you would have to drive like crazy to get 7. I think the workshop stole some of your petrol. lol
Old 26th March 2010, 11:26   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
mayukh, you would have to drive like crazy to get 7. I think the workshop stole some of your petrol. lol
I also thought initially. But when I gave the car, DTE showed 96. When I got it back it showed 90.

Though we know that DTE can show wrong results, but still I gave the benfit of doubt to the workshop as I thought they must have used that 6 KM for testing.

Anyway, I have to wait for my next tankfull results.
Old 26th March 2010, 13:21   #359
Senior - BHPian

7/7.5 KMPL is too low. so it is better to check another couple of tankful readings prior you take the FE calculation.
DTE sometime show correctly. In my car, it is always correct as I have seen several times that when it comes to 80/81/82, the low fuel warning light glows. According to FORD manuel once the low fuel warning light comes, then the car will have fuel to go about 80kms. So DTE figure seems correct?
Old 26th March 2010, 13:27   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
7/7.5 KMPL is too low. so it is better to check another couple of tankful readings prior you take the FE calculation.
DTE sometime show correctly. In my car, it is always correct as I have seen several times that when it comes to 80/81/82, the low fuel warning light glows. According to FORD manuel once the low fuel warning light comes, then the car will have fuel to go about 80kms. So DTE figure seems correct?
Nairji,
Low Fuel indicator is linked to DTE. So it coming on at DTE <=80 does not indicate that DTE is working properly.

DTE is at best an indicator and should not be expected to bet 100% accurate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks