Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 14:43   #211
BHPian

I guessed it right... After the forced closure of my favourite thread, the only other place to find all of you would be here.

I was extremely tied up for last couple of days so didn't get anytime to fix the scratches on my car. Will try and do something this weekend.

Nairsab, did you remove the antenna before putting this cover on?
Old 5th February 2010, 15:02   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
I guessed it right... After the forced closure of my favourite thread, the only other place to find all of you would be here.

I was extremely tied up for last couple of days so didn't get anytime to fix the scratches on my car. Will try and do something this weekend.

Nairsab, did you remove the antenna before putting this cover on?
++
No, I did not remove the antenna, it is their in its original position-lying underneath the cover (only when you remove the cover you have to do it from front to back inorder not to damage the antenna).
Old 5th February 2010, 15:22   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
No way I can think of any complaints. Maybe the post about the scratch and my reply to the same was the last straw..since there is a scratch related dedicated thread and the question should have been put up there.
Sanjay, I really didn't know there is a dedicated scratch related thread. Even then, we had an exclusive thread for fiesta owners which was to discuss everything about fiesta, whats wrong in putting up my problem there?

For me, that was the ONLY thread that I used to read everyday and like Shaju said, now there are too many hospitals to run to
Old 5th February 2010, 15:49   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@unni
Thanks
Next, planning a drive on my Fiesta to Trivandrum to meet my relatives.
This trip, my wife will accompany which I will drive the full distance both ways
hence I plan to have a break in between. What do you think where can I break the
journey -Thrissur or Alappuzha?
Why are you planning to come via Thrissur? Better roads? Isn't NH17 and joining NH 47 at Edappally a better option?

I'd suggest Alappuzha, if you want to take a break. And when are you planning to do this trip? Next week, I'll be in Alleppey.
Old 5th February 2010, 16:21   #215
Senior - BHPian

I can guess that your Fiesta is now eager to go aleppey every weekend.
even if you sleep, the car will take you to the right route?
Dates not yet finalised - but will be very soon!
I will PM you if it is going to be next weekend.
Old 5th February 2010, 17:52   #216
BHPian

Quote:
I can guess that your Fiesta is now eager to go aleppey every weekend.
even if you sleep, the car will take you to the right route?
Dates not yet finalised - but will be very soon!
I will PM you if it is going to be next weekend.
Good one Nair Saab. With the amount of Kerala trips I'm doing, it wouldn't be surprising!!

Do call me, if you plan to come next week. I wont be online much.
Old 5th February 2010, 18:29   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a belt like thing (in the same material ) in the middle bottom of the cover which can be hooked to the other side (through under the car).
That thing is there on every car cover, cheaper ones will break off from the stitching too fast, good quality covers will have that belt for a longer time.

Quote:
I guessed it right... After the forced closure of my favourite thread, the only other place to find all of you would be here. .........whats wrong in putting up my problem there?
Talk softly (ear to ear), you dont want all the Fiestians to get infracted and banned right ? Lets be happy with what we have now !

I can imagine the ANHC and Linea guys laughing loudly telling, "See these Fiestians, they were showing off too much and they deserve this" !!!
Old 5th February 2010, 19:24   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Sanjay, I really didn't know there is a dedicated scratch related thread. Even then, we had an exclusive thread for fiesta owners which was to discuss everything about fiesta, whats wrong in putting up my problem there?

For me, that was the ONLY thread that I used to read everyday and like Shaju said, now there are too many hospitals to run to
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...s-removal.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...side-door.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ce-survey.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...orrection.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...h-remover.html

Just trying to help..but read the FAQ section first for searching (advanced i mean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
That thing is there on every car cover, cheaper ones will break off from the stitching too fast, good quality covers will have that belt for a longer time.
I have an offer..if anyone want's my unused original Fiesta cover, bidding starts now..starting price 900/-

Quote:
Talk softly (ear to ear), you dont want all the Fiestians to get infracted and banned right ? Lets be happy with what we have now !

I can imagine the ANHC and Linea guys laughing loudly telling, "See these Fiestians, they were showing off too much and they deserve this" !!!
Mods, can this post be moved to the Jokes thread, please;-}
Old 6th February 2010, 10:16   #219
Senior - BHPian

hello sanjay and nairrk, shajufx, met after the famous nairrji thread being closed.
Old 6th February 2010, 10:26   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

+
If any wrong topic posted, same was used to shift to the proper thread by the Mods.
The thread has grown up so fast with 120 pages in about 3 months time (doubt any other thread came up so fast) with so many participants and contributions from various fiesta owner members. Remember there are almost 85 fiesta members listed there which is the largest member participation on a specific brand?
Imo, they may have thought that 120 pages is too big to search by any one for any particular subject hence decided to close the thread so that a new thread can be started. Also of late, I have seen some new members keep asking questions for which the answers were already there in the thread. So it seems that without giving proper search members started asking repeated questions again and again. Hope all these incidents led the closure of the thread.?
Old 7th February 2010, 17:24   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Good one Nair Saab. With the amount of Kerala trips I'm doing, it wouldn't be surprising!!
+
So it looks like that your fiesta will cross 50/60k kms very soon
and may be when the new fiesta model comes into the market, you may be the first one gor for a change ?
Old 11th February 2010, 09:23   #222
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta sale is mostly of a diesel only, each time i go to a refill station these ask me about 100 times that are your fiesta a petrol (to avoid confusion of filling the wrong oil)
Old 11th February 2010, 10:32   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
I have an offer..if anyone want's my unused original Fiesta cover, bidding starts now..starting price 900/-
Original Fiesta cover? What is that? At what price did you buy it?

I paid 2000 INR to my dealer for the supposed-to-be-original Fiesta cover. I have a proper computerised bill too. But however, I still don't believe it to be a original as it does not have logo or hologram of FORD. It just have a label (light blue colored) stating as "Manufactured by Polco" + their website & contact no.

However, I can at least take solace that Polco is a reputed brand in making car body covers and their products have many advantages (like heat & UV rejection, minimal scratches, totally water proof, etc) over its competitors.

EDIT: I also learned that Dupont Tyvek are the best car body covers available in Indian market.

Last edited by mayukh : 11th February 2010 at 10:35.
Old 11th February 2010, 10:41   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Original Fiesta cover? What is that? At what price did you buy it?

I paid 2000 INR to my dealer for the supposed-to-be-original Fiesta cover. I have a proper computerised bill too. But however, I still don't believe it to be a original as it does not have logo or hologram of FORD. It just have a label (light blue colored) stating as "Manufactured by Polco" + their website & contact no.

However, I can at least take solace that Polco is a reputed brand in making car body covers and their products have many advantages (like heat & UV rejection, minimal scratches, totally water proof, etc) over its competitors.

EDIT: I also learned that Dupont Tyvek are the best car body covers available in Indian market.
Does that mean all OEM equipments fitted in your car is not genuine Ford?
While technically you are correct, but in any vehicle (or say computers for that matter), apart from the engine, almost everything will be sourced from OEMs and assembled at the mfgr plant.

Vehicle mfgr's cannot get into the business of making pillows and covers!
Old 11th February 2010, 10:43   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
The other day I saw a car cover in Hypercity for C++ segment cars and guess what Fiesta was in that segment. I guess thats a fantastic promotion. The price of the cover was Rs 1149/-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks