Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 20:07   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Evereything looks good Nair. What is a tyre valve camel?

I am getting the same OEM scuff plate. Do you know why one is longer than the other? The sales guy did not have a good explanation.
The scuff plates are designed to be longer and shorter for the reason that the area to be covered in the front is longer than the area at the rear. Its as simple as that.

Coming to the sitting position, its the same in the front & the rear, isn't it ? or is there a different way of sitting in the front and the rear that i am not aware of ?
Old 8th November 2009, 20:12   #137
BHPian

Nair,

I am following your thread from the time you started.

Your car is tranformed from a beauty to a gorgeous one.

You must be really working hard to keep the car very clean & nice as it looks in the pictures.

My suggestion is that the floor mats are not matching with the beautiful interiors. Try & change those mats. You get real good ones in the market.

Otherwise your car is really nice.
Old 9th November 2009, 09:23   #138
Senior - BHPian

You mean to say to change to beige colour?
No, I prefer black or any dark colour. Using beige colour mat to match the car, then I will busy cleaning the mats everytime. When you go out, often you will be getting out and in, and you will carry lot of dust /mud and what not on your chappal/shoe and it will be deposited on the floor mat. YOu could see, now I have also bought one set of rubber floor mat which was put on top of the original floor mats. This I can easily take out and wash, even I can use detergents if the mats become so dirty.
Ofcourse this is my opinion only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
The scuff plates are designed to be longer and shorter for the reason that the area to be covered in the front is longer than the area at the rear. Its as simple as that.

Coming to the sitting position, its the same in the front & the rear, isn't it ? or is there a different way of sitting in the front and the rear that i am not aware of ?
+

IMO, sitting position may be same - but getting out of the car it is easy for the backseaters to come out than who sits in the front? Dont you think?

Last edited by Dippy : 13th March 2010 at 16:13. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:44   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Nair,
I am following your thread from the time you started.

Your car is tranformed from a beauty to a gorgeous one.

You must be really working hard to keep the car very clean & nice as it looks in the pictures.
+1

Hi, Have you also got the sports paddle for her, [Calling a beast 'her' doesn't suits, BTW what you call it? ]

Do you know what is the MRP of Ford Sports Paddle.
Old 9th November 2009, 14:05   #140
Senior - BHPian

Sports paddle - planning to do during first service

I call her - Black beauty

Let me check with my dealer regarding the MRP of Ford Sporte Paddle.
Will come back to you.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Ok; i missed that one. So, you got the alloys from the showroom/dealer; they are not going to buy the steel wheels back.

I think if you buy an after market one, they will buy the stell wheels back. DOn't they?!
+

I have checked with my dealer today regarding the stock steel wheel.
He said, they have got plenty of them and finding difficulty to dump all those stock wheels which was removed from the car whilst upgrading to Alloys. (Thats the reason they just kept stock wheels in the boot, without even telling me).
His suggestion is that -let keep this stock wheel and whenever I sell the car., may be after few years, then replace the alloys with this steel wheel and sell out.

So, I am checking with couple of local service centres, if someone can take this.

Thanks

Last edited by Dippy : 13th March 2010 at 16:10. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 9th November 2009, 16:32   #141
BHPian

nair chata,

i have not mentioned any shade for the mats. I just told you that you have such a beautiful interior to the car, that the ordinary floor mats are absolutely looking shabby in contrast to the interiors.

You get colourless , nice mats. These are imported stuff, maybe if you are interested have a look and try it out.

End of the day, you are best positioned to decide whats right and good for you and your car.
Old 9th November 2009, 16:35   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Ok; i missed that one. So, you got the alloys from the showroom/dealer; they are not going to buy the steel wheels back.

I think if you buy an after market one, they will buy the stell wheels back. DOn't they?!

you are right !

One can make the deal in the after market for the stock wheels. I have done it. Its better to trade it off, Else these stock wheels become an eyesore in the garage. It occupies quite some space too.
Old 9th November 2009, 18:30   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Added The Hummer Guy to the list.

1 - frankmehta
2 - nairrk
3 - nityanand ss
4 - shajufx
5 - govinda
6 - raamki
7 - vnabhi
8 - kumar7
9 - anachronix
10- sathee
11- jerish
12- yogi
13- premjit
14- NC
15- yajaman99
16- OSS
17- gksunil
18- rajeshvin
19- unni.ak
20- ashishgandhi
21- lamborghini
22- chillout
23- gs-
24- ariendj
25- nitinrailli
26- dpkol
27- nag20in
28- jaganm
29- wanderlustindia
30- suman
31- rajivn
32- srisri
33- abhi1309
34- jackthecrack
35- gautam dhaliwal
36- Torque123
37- mohitd
38- ABZ
39- stronghold
40- moonraker
41- Rastapopoulos
42- Ghodlur (booked today)
43- Gilead
44- Speedkrish
45- esoteric su
46- MeEncore
47- The Hummer Guy.
48- MonkeyMan

Updated with the latest entrant on the forum
Old 10th November 2009, 11:49   #144
BHPian

can we move this list to the new thread that nairrk has created - 'All fiesta owners - you are here'

thanks
Old 10th November 2009, 12:00   #145
Senior - BHPian

@ashish

TheBeastfiest is making another list (names alongwith variants and features etc)-
I hope that list can be added into ''all fiesta owners - you are here' ??
Old 10th November 2009, 14:16   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
can we move this list to the new thread that nairrk has created - 'All fiesta owners - you are here'

thanks
Its done and upgrade to Version 2 as well, following is the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1574867
Old 21st November 2009, 11:25   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I too was in a similar boat. When I posted a query on this forum, I was told that I could donate them to someone.

Luckily, the accessories shop near my house found a customer within a year, and I sold 4 steel rims for Rs 1200---btw, they were brand new, as I'd changed to alloys in the showroom itself on the date of delivery.
+

Today, I managed to get a Ford Ikon owner who has been looking for one steel rim for his car -but I pushed him to take all the 4 steel rims lying with me for last 2 weeks. I got a better rate than you i.e Rs.1500 for 4 rims (which was old for a month and ran about 840kms). I asked only rs.1500 and he agreed (now wish that I could have asked more) -
too much expectation -isnt it?
Anyway, am happy that someone has taken the material otherwise it will be lying in my house for long.
Old 21st November 2009, 12:25   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+

Today, I managed to get a Ford Ikon owner who has been looking for one steel rim for his car -but I pushed him to take all the 4 steel rims lying with me for last 2 weeks. I got a better rate than you i.e Rs.1500 for 4 rims (which was old for a month and ran about 840kms). I asked only rs.1500 and he agreed (now wish that I could have asked more) -
too much expectation -isnt it?
Anyway, am happy that someone has taken the material otherwise it will be lying in my house for long.
Wow, lucky you! I am jealous.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:39   #149
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo

A news item published in todays sifybusiness:

U.S. Automaker Ford Motor will launch new car model in India every 12-15 months over the next 5 years, with its new figo small car to drive a tripling of sales in 2010, its INdia head said today (november 24)

The small car segment makes up nearly 70% of the 1.5million cars sold annually in India, a growing market which is one of the few bright spots around the globe for the auto sector.

Ford has just 2% of the Indian Market, but expect that will increase with its run of new launches. It plans to launch the Figo, its first small car for India in the first quarter of 2010.

Ford is the only one of the 3 U.S. Automakers to avoid bankruptcy and re-organisation this year.
The No.2 U.S. Automaker by sales, Ford produces the Fiesta, Ikon,Fusion and UV Endeavour in India.

My new black Ford Fiesta-figo.jpg

My new black Ford Fiesta-figo1.jpg

My new black Ford Fiesta-figo2.jpg

My new black Ford Fiesta-figo3.jpg
Old 25th November 2009, 16:46   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
I have checked with my dealer today regarding the stock steel wheel.
He said, they have got plenty of them and finding difficulty to dump all those stock wheels which was removed from the car whilst upgrading to Alloys.

So, I am checking with couple of local service centres, if someone can take this.
Thanks
Too late . I just saw your post on the steel wheels lying around. I could've bought it from you. I've two rims that are bent, even though slight, and am running it at the back. Could've replaced them. Again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks