Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 15:50   #286
Senior - BHPian

A Sedan in Black colour will be attractive - however if you are worried about dust accumulation and cleaning problem then you can opt for Silver colour?
White also attactive with those black pillors (when I went to the showroom, they pushed me to consdier white only reason he said was that the black colour pillor gives a good attraction in the white body!)
Old 15th March 2010, 16:06   #287
Senior - BHPian

The Sea Grey is a nice color on the Fiesta. It's not all that dark BTW.

Try to spot the Sea Grey here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1778546

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1773596
Old 15th March 2010, 19:31   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
A Sedan in Black colour will be attractive - however if you are worried about dust accumulation and cleaning problem then you can opt for Silver colour?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The Sea Grey is a nice color on the Fiesta. It's not all that dark BTW.

Try to spot the Sea Grey here.
Combining these two posts together, I think Sea Grey is a good choice. Not too dark, not too light, just the right blend. And I swear I had this nice 'hollow stomach' sensation looking at that car

@ Gilead - I think that was GreaseMonk. I have PM-ed him a few questions on maintaining the car, hopefully will hear back soon. Thanks !

Update from Dealer @ Costing : Scuff Plates @ 1500 and Sunfilm @ 3500. Some more negotiations to be done. My Target - Scuff Plates @ 0000 and Sunfilm @ 0000

There is one sales consultant from a particular dealer, who 'forgets' that he had to revert. Worse, I have to remind him who I am ! Looks like I have to talk to the Team Lead now.
Old 15th March 2010, 20:12   #289
BHPian

Abhi, can you post the detailed & complete breakup of the offer you have got till now, including ex-showroom,insurance,registration, discounts, freebies and other offers inlcuding all accessories that you plan, extended warrant etc in one single post. Maybe then we can pitch in and see what more can be squeezed out. Kinda difficult following different post to arrive at the complete picture.

BTW, you can have a look at the Moondust Silver color as well..few things I have noticed about this color:

- MS Silver is not regular silver which we find in most other brands..it is kind of shiny silver with minute specs of gleaming silver dust, particularly under artifical lights like tubelights etc....it has somewaht soft & silky smoothness about it

- Compared to dark color, this color hides well from a distance, minor superficial scracthes (the kind you get using a dirty cloth to clean or a duster to wipe off or swirl marks)..remember seeing lots of hairline white lines on bumpers, particularly on the lower part..this will be hidden well by the silver color since the white primer below the main body coat will gel together quite well.

- If you have frequent late night rides, particularly on highways without streetlamps, lighter color will give a better viewability to others

Also, if you are thinking of installing parking sensors, checkout if the sensors are avlbl in colors matching the body color of your choice..otherwise, it may not look cool if there is a mismatch.
Old 15th March 2010, 20:31   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_s80 View Post
Combining these two posts together, I think Sea Grey is a good choice. Not too dark, not too light, just the right blend. And I swear I had this nice 'hollow stomach' sensation looking at that car
The car in the pic is a ZXi. The SXi should look even better with alloys and chrome.
Old 16th March 2010, 00:39   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Abhi, can you post the detailed & complete breakup of the offer you have got till now
BTW, you can have a look at the Moondust Silver color as well
Ex showroom + Standard Accessoris ( Mats, Mud Flap, Boot Mat ) + Depot Charges ( Dealer's business expenditure of maintaining the car while it gets registered ) + Registration ( you know what all this includes ) + Temp Registration - Corporate Discount = 7.7 L on road. Insurance is Free. This figure does not include the extended warranty, being offered @ INR 5530 ( 3rd year or 120000 km which ever is earlier )

Offered freebies include Teflon / Anti Rust ( either of these), Neck Rest , Pillows, Car Cover, Perfume and Idol. I 'requested' for Sports Pedal and Scuff Plates, which is being proposed @ INR 1500 and 3500 , respectively, and this needs to be negotiated now

My ideal freebies list is Sunfilm + Antirust + Paint Protection + Sports Pedal + Scuff, at zero charge. ( Note that I am PAYING for mats, and not interested in Neck Rests, Pillows, Perfume and Idol ). Would be one helluva deal.

I discussed with Unni, and removed the auto cop and gear lock from the list, since the programmbale key + car safety system does a decent job, unless you disagree.

I am also not into ICE upgrade ( hit the cash limit, and it has to be SXi only, so no ZXi / EXi / LE ), Wind Deflectors and Spoiler right now / till I know the car a bit more. And rear blinds would come into the scene iff the Sunfilm fails miserably.

I am prepared to buy any cables to make the USB / Bluetooth devices work, and the extended warranty

My objective is to get all this in vicinity of 7.5L . So what do you say ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The car in the pic is a ZXi. The SXi should look even better with alloys and chrome.
Agreed Sir. Though it's a big risk if I finally do book it, since I have seen exactly one Sea Grey in actual !
Old 16th March 2010, 11:48   #292
Senior - BHPian

@Abhi_s80

Depot charges - I think you need not to pay for it (all these expenses to be covered
from their profit margin?)

EW - I paid Rs.8300/- for 3rd and 4th year (150,000 km) EW (and I got the invoice from ford for this amount). It can go upto rs.85/8700 (depends on the different tax structure in other places) but rs.5530/- for one year EW seems the dealer is making little money on this also??
Old 16th March 2010, 12:45   #293
BHPian

Quote:
@Abhi_s80

Depot charges - I think you need not to pay for it
EW - I paid Rs.8300/- for 3rd and 4th year ... but rs.5530/- for one year EW seems the dealer is making little money on this also??
Agreed. So Depot Charges would be discussed. As far as EW is concerned, it is same across all dealers I spoke with. Hence, I believe it may be the actual rate, ruling out any price cartel

Can new buyers in other cities please confirm what are the 3rd and 4th year EW rates on offer now ?
Old 16th March 2010, 12:57   #294
BHPian

Quote:
@Abhi_s80

Depot charges - I think you need not to pay for it (all these expenses to be covered
from their profit margin?)

EW - I paid Rs.8300/- for 3rd and 4th year (150,000 km) EW (and I got the invoice from ford for this amount). It can go upto rs.85/8700 (depends on the different tax structure in other places) but rs.5530/- for one year EW seems the dealer is making little money on this also??
Yes, its 8800/- in Navi Mumbai too if i am not mistaken.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:46   #295
BHPian

Abhi, EW rates for 3rd/4th yr hovers around 8.5K..and since this is directly from Ford, not much can be done..it howver sometimes comes as compliment in way of loyalty bonus or special scheme etc. If you take only 3rd yr, it will be around 5.5 K - 3/4 taken together, around 8.5K.

Problem with the price that you have posted before is that there is no breakup..hence not sure how much you are getting billed for ex-showroom, vat, insurance, temp regd etc etc. You should be able to get a breakup of each component to arrive at the OTR.

The max margin dealers try to make is on the regd charges and insurance. Why don't you get 2 quotes from the dealer - one without corp discount and another with it, and see where they are playing with the prices.

For example, when I purchased, this is what I got from 2 chennai dealers

Breakup MPL Chennai
Ex Showroom 673000 673000 - this should be constant across dealers
DD/Regn charges 7000 5450 - this again be as per RTO rules + some 2K middleman charges
Number Plate 500 1000 - should be around 500/-
Road Safety Tax 1500 1500 - as per RTO should be same
Life Tax 53840 53840 - should be same
3 year EW 5530 5530 - should be same
Insurance 27430 27430 - lot of potential for negotiation
Essential Pack+3M 5250 5120 - lot of potential for negotiation

Last edited by sanjayc : 16th March 2010 at 14:55.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:39   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Abhi... lot of potential for negotiation
Very frustrating last two days, things are not moving as I had hoped

I checked, and am informed, that the road tax is @ 7% in Navi Mumbai area. On an ex -showroom of INR 7.32 Lac, this works out to approx INR 51240 as road tax. After this, the remainder of INR 5500 is a bit hazy still, with mumbles of service tax and service fees and registration charges etc. The sales guy just clammed up when I probled further. I smell a rat...

Right now, corp discount is 30K, and this is the only thing my wife loves about my employer.

Here is the rounded off calculation :

Ex showroom = 732000
RTO = 57000
Discount = 30000
Depot Charges = 2000
Standard Accessories = 3000
One year extended warranty = 5530
Total = 770000 On Road

I have also asked for the two year warranty details, not heard back yet on the cost implication. I do expect it to be around INR 8800, as reported in the group. . I have already mentioned my desired accessories in earlier post, will not repeat in interest of reading space ( and fear of the MOD )

As I have said earlier, I would love to wind up the deal @ INR 7.5Lac. Please do give your comments on how to achieve my objective

Yesterday, one of the dealers exposed himself, when he gave me scuff plate prices @ INR 2500 and sports pedal @ INR 4500. Straight INR 1000 added to the list prices we all have access to. Needless to say, I am losing trust in him now, since I expect similar rip off from him during all future transactions. I hope you all would agree with me.

My question to the team here :
1: Is the figure of 7% road tax in Navi Mumbai correct ?
2: Is anyone aware of the Navi Mumbai registration charges ?
3: Is there a 12.5 service tax to be paid on top of the road tax or registration charges, or any head, during this 'registration' process ?
4: Is a temporary registration needed ? Can I not take delivery with the permanent registration instead, straightaway ?
5: How much, in your opinion, is the scope of reduction in this figure of 56000 in particular and in the figure of 7.7 L in general ?
Old 17th March 2010, 22:34   #297
BHPian

I got a few bouners today, bringing to your notice:

1: One of the dealers is offering a 60K corp discount, but no free insurance. I was under impression that free Insurance is FORD offer, and is applicable on all deal types. I hope ruchirtnt is reading this post...

2: In this case, insurance would be charged @ approx INR 28,154 and a part of the discount will be 'adjusted' under this head. Hence, I think, that if I take the insurance from outside, then my offer for 60K discount will be reduced. Catch 22 Situation.

3: I was given the gyan that white, black and silver are running colours, so are most easily sold off, when the time comes. The same cannot be said of others ( such as my chosen Sea Grey). Request Team's opinions and advise. FYI, I intend to keep this car for 5 yrs + or for about 1.5L km.
Old 17th March 2010, 22:54   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_s80 View Post
I got a few bouners today, bringing to your notice:

1: One of the dealers is offering a 60K corp discount, but no free insurance. I was under impression that free Insurance is FORD offer, and is applicable on all deal types. I hope ruchirtnt is reading this post...

2: In this case, insurance would be charged @ approx INR 28,154 and a part of the discount will be 'adjusted' under this head. Hence, I think, that if I take the insurance from outside, then my offer for 60K discount will be reduced. Catch 22 Situation.
Try to find out if the corporate discount is on the ex-showroom price or on the OTR price. If it is on OTR price, you cant do much on insurance. It's indeed Catch 22.

But if it is on ex-showroom price, you can straight way take it and then opt for insurance outside. I got the corp discount of around 64 K on ex-showroom in Dec 09 and then bought the policy online from IIFCO-TOKIO @ 16600 INR. The reduced ex-showroom actually brings all other prices down, and in turn brings the OTR further down.

The corp discount I got is the offer from FORD, not the dealer. So insist the dealer for it.

Hope this helps. Let me know for any other queries.

Last edited by mayukh : 17th March 2010 at 22:55.
Old 17th March 2010, 23:33   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Try to find out if the corporate discount is on the ex-showroom price or on the OTR price. If it is on OTR price, you cant do much on insurance. It's indeed Catch 22.
Hope this helps. Let me know for any other queries.
Mayukh Da ! Thanks for responding

The offer says very clearly, that discounts will be adjusted in insurance, registration and ex showroom. So guess a smaller discount amount may be applicable if I do not take the insurance from dealer. The agony is, that this is a zero sum game, and what I may gain on taking the insurance from outside, may be same as what I lose out from the 'discount' head

That said, I would try to have the discount counted on ex showroom, as you said, since this is a FORD offer. Maybe I should write to them directly and confirm on the corporate discount policy ? I doubt they would respond..

I read ruchirtnt's post, and it seems that he got a corp discount of 80000 but only a key chain and 5 lt petrol . Could you please list what all you could manage over and above the corporate discount ? Would help set expectations
Old 18th March 2010, 00:45   #300
BHPian

- 57K - if 7% & 51240/- figure is correct, you can max squeeze around 2-3K from here..Please note apart from 51240/- appx another 3K is justified in terms of number plates, rto convenience charges, driver/fuel charges etc. Please check apart from road tax, any life time safety tax and other taxes are applicable or not (In chennai appx 1500/- is charged as road safety tax). All talks of depot charges/temp regn is pure BS.

- Am not sure how the corp discount works - on ex-showroom or on OTR..please fish around to get this clarified. Best option is on ex-showroom - this automatically brings down host of other charges. However, on one thing I am sure, by going thru various posts - pretty much if you the corp discount guys, there is no further room for negotiations generally, apart from some minor freebies. An email/call directly to FORD toll free may be in order to check if your company falls under what scheme.

- Insurance - Generally, you can buy insurance on your own between 16-20K depending on the options you choose..so do your match with the corp discount and free insurance and see which is more beneficial. Dealer's will talk crap about tie-up and hassle free insurance claims - ignore the same.

- I have not heard of 12.5% service tax on regn charges ...though as told earlier, some other fees will be applicable - best place to check out the same is to go to the RTO website or give them a call.

- From 7.7 to 7.5 - it will tough luck unless corp discount on ex-showroom comes into play - in case you manage to get this done, run and buy a lottery ticket first..you must be one helluva lucky guy.

To reiterate again, the maximum grey area is the RTO regn charges where the dealers may have upto 7k margins - common across all dealers.

Next is to play one dealer against the other..
=========
If you intend to keep your car for 5 years, stop worrying about resale value and go for the color your heart wants..

Last edited by sanjayc : 18th March 2010 at 00:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks