Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 15:37   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
ghodlur, I have pushed my luck till DTE<20 readings...within city of course but it is not advisable to do so.
Thanks sanjay. Normally I take enough precautions to refuel when the DTE reads from 80 to max 60 but never have gone below till 28. Unfortunately Monday was the day. But still what surprised me was the even drop in DTE values, no fluctautions, steady state drop. Not the ones I am used to seeing when the analog meter hits the half way mark. Anyways will be careful.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:06   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
ghodlur, I have pushed my luck till DTE<20 readings...within city of course but it is not advisable to do so.
Hey thats useful info to know
ghodlur and nairrk, good to find familiar faces over here
Old 1st July 2010, 17:58   #423
Senior - BHPian

@buddha - thanks, there were many fiesta owners who used interact through this forum and used to discuss so many issues about the car,but somehow now it is reduced to 4 or 5, may be because of busy work schedule etc of other members?

@sanjayc - yes, once I too had to drive till the DTE drops around 15 or so. In this case it was not like that I was testing the car/DTE reading, but once the DTE shown 80 and fuel warning lamp was on I started searching for a petrol pump (I was driving on the national highway then). I managed to spot one after few kms but that pump has got only Diesel supply. Proceeded further and found another one but there was huge line up of cars to get fuel(and two wheelers comes in between breaking the rule which also made the delay more). I skipped that pump also thinking that there will be another one nearby. But unfortunately I could not find one very near and when I see the DTE coming down fast. With my family members were also in the car, tension build up with some kind of uncomfortable situation caught me. I was aware that next city is about 20/25 kms away. Finally when I reached the border of the next city (the DTE then was under 20 ), I entered in the first seen petrol pump, eventhough there was a que, some what relieved. From that incident, whenever the fuel warning lamp started glowing, immediately I fill up fuel in the next available petrol pump.
Old 2nd July 2010, 08:37   #424
Senior - BHPian

Nair sir,

Thats one precarius situation you were in. I totally understand the state of mind you were in. Kind of "been there, done that". The low fuel indicator is one good thing that I find in Fiesta which was lacking in my earlier Santro where I had rely on the analog meter.
BTW when you had the issue of fluctuating DTE did you have a word with the dealer regarding seperate sensors confirmation for the analog meter and the DTE.
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:12   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Nair sir,

Thats one precarius situation you were in. I totally understand the state of mind you were in. Kind of "been there, done that". The low fuel indicator is one good thing that I find in Fiesta which was lacking in my earlier Santro where I had rely on the analog meter.
BTW when you had the issue of fluctuating DTE did you have a word with the dealer regarding seperate sensors confirmation for the analog meter and the DTE.
+

Thanks.
I did not discuss the DTE fluctuation matter with my dealer/workshop people. I suspect it happened because of (1) the car was idle for more than 15 days at a stretch (2) heavy and continuous rain for 5 days (3) wet weather, moisture everywhere. So the fuel tank may be also in cold condition which could have affected easy sensing and giving the correcct reading?
Now, am waiting for to take out the car for a good drive and then check the DTE condition, thereafter I will discuss the matter with my dealer.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:14   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
.......there were many fiesta owners who used interact through this forum and used to discuss so many issues about the car,but somehow now it is reduced to 4 or 5, may be because of busy work schedule etc of other members?.
Nairji, fiesta members are very much active, but waiting to report something new thats not yet discussed so far, still not getting any valid subject to write about. I am a happy owner, so far not having any issues to crib about, always feeling young and new whenever I take my fiesta out.

Regarding the DTE display, I find it decent enough to compensate the next filling. On our recent photoshoot trip to Pondy, we saw it down to just 30, on a full tank (auto-cut off) it came back to 520 something. So, its accurate enough to expect from a car of this segment.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:26   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Nairji, fiesta members are very much active, but waiting to report something new thats not yet discussed so far, still not getting any valid subject to write about. I am a happy owner, so far not having any issues to crib about, always feeling young and new whenever I take my fiesta out.

Regarding the DTE display, I find it decent enough to compensate the next filling. On our recent photoshoot trip to Pondy, we saw it down to just 30, on a full tank (auto-cut off) it came back to 520 something. So, its accurate enough to expect from a car of this segment.
wow shajufx; getting 520 on the DTE on a tank full is amazing! I have been getting around 430-440 in the last 3 tank fulls. Whats the magic?
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:38   #428
Senior - BHPian

I have been getting around 580-600 on the DTE during every tank fulls. Does it mean that the tank in my Fiesta is different from others or I am imagining things?

Last edited by ghodlur : 2nd July 2010 at 11:42.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:40   #429
Senior - BHPian

@shaju - yes agree. We have already written/discussed lot in our Threads and also to the common fiesta thread (''all fiesta owners - you are here''). Almost every point of doubt on the car(fiesta) were already discussed. Still there are new points/clarification from new fiesta owners which are answered here by existing owners/ members.!

DTE , yes I too used to get 500 plus all the time when I fill full tank. And the dte reading has been near to accurate all these time except that heavy fluctuation happened few days back which I already explained here.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:52   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
I have been getting around 430-440 in the last 3 tank fulls. Whats the magic?
Infact its supposed to show above 500 according to 7 fiesta owners within my compound itself. I always follow the 'auto-cut-off' method while filling, I assume another 5 ltrs might go in if tried to the brim, which I never do.

Quote:
I have been getting around 580-600 on the DTE during every tank fulls. Does it mean that the tank in my Fiesta is different from others or I am imagining things?
Looks like you have got a 55 ltr tank from Ford
Would you confirm if you fill to the brim, that would clear the doubt.
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:00   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like you have got a 55 ltr tank from Ford
Would you confirm if you fill to the brim, that would clear the doubt.
I dont know whether to agree with you or not. I normally fill when the low fuel indicator comes on i.e DTE reading below 80. I ask the attendant to go for tank full. The nozzle latch gets unlatched when the meter reads around 38+ lts. Thats it, stop refueling & close the fuel lid and when I switch the engine on the DTE reads 580. Now does this qualify for a 55 lts tank, I dont know.
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:19   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The nozzle latch gets unlatched when the meter reads around 38+
Congratulations, you are the first Ford owner to claim a 55 ltr tank. DTE showing 80, fresh filling showing 38 ltrs, auto-cut-off potential of another 5 ltrs empty space, all put together, its defenitely not a 45 ltr tank.

Considering the present fuel hikes and the upcoming ones, I would love to have a 100 ltr tank. A weekend drive to Pondy and a full tank should make me survive 4 months in a row, and I dont mind driving to Union territories twice a year for obvious reasons.
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:31   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Considering the present fuel hikes and the upcoming ones, I would love to have a 100 ltr tank. A weekend drive to Pondy and a full tank should make me survive 4 months in a row, and I dont mind driving to Union territories twice a year for obvious reasons.
+
plus few bottles of 'Chilled soda' (this stuff also cheap in union territories) ??.
Why dont you consider putting an extra tank in the boot (hope you still have enough space available in the boot after fixing those ICE set up?), making total fuel tank capacity to 100 litres

Last edited by nairrk : 2nd July 2010 at 12:32. Reason: correction
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:40   #434
BHPian

Generally I refill my Fiesta TDCi up to the brim and also only after the low fuel indicator starts glowing.

Refilling upto the brim consumes approximately 46-47 litres. Assuming that 3-4 litres of fuel inside the tank, I can confidently say that the tank size is 50 litres when fuel is filled till brim level.
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:02   #435
BHPian

Quote:
.... where I had rely on the analog meter.
That is still the best thing to do IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks