Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 21:39   #466
Senior - BHPian

Krish, could you also reveal the insurance company name when you mention such lowest figures ? I believe Kairali Ford is the dealer . If its provided by the dealer, I assume it would be Bajaj Allianz.
Old 16th September 2010, 22:31   #467
BHPian

Its one among Reliance/Bajaj Allianz. For my Getz also, I got the lowest quote from reliance when I went through Trident hyundai. I think the dealers now realise that people don't depend solely on them and have reduced their margins.
Old 17th September 2010, 08:19   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Hai everyone.
I am bringing back my thread after couple of months.

I have just renewed my insurance on my Fiesta (due on 22nd Sept) through National Insurance (Instead of BA). I got 20% NCB and 15% discount from them.
Total amount paid Rs.12,750/- .
This is just for other fiesta owners information.(so that you can compare with what you are going to pay for your car?)
Nair Sir,

Thanks for post. In fact my Fiesta's renewal is due in Oct and was contemplating whether to stay with ICICI lombard or to move to a new Insurer.

These days the Insurers actually offer you a couple of options either go for the depreciated IDV in % terms or in terms of amount. Was checking out the site Apnaisurance.com where a compartive statement can be seen. Found ICICI Lomard again to be the cheapest around 12K same as yours. Did you get the Insurance done at the depreciated IDV or NI gave you an option to increase the IDV at a nominal increase of premium?
Share your experience.
Old 17th September 2010, 10:04   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hope I could use that discounted cost 2 months back, quoting related post about my renewal below (dated 6th July 2010):

So I had to part with that 20% NCB and the 15% bonus. Fortunately this was my first claim ever to any insurance company till date and hope thats the last too .

Nairji, please update your latest mileage figures. Mine is just 12 km in the bumper to bumper mad crowd with full time AC on as of this week.
+
Shaju - I forgot to mention the idv value.The premium amount Rs.12750
was for idv RS.5.75L. And coverage taken for passengers also.
I will get the policy in couple of hours when will give full details/breakup.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:04   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Comeon sanju, I thought 12 is the average figure by majority of fiesta guys here ! I have system-G in the boot, but always forget to use it whenever I do full tank. Does the additive improve mileage ? I really doubt about that.

One thing I can guarantee about my driving-style, I never hear the engine, which means I dont race the engine to enjoy that roar under the hood . May be that explains the mileage.
Shajufx, you rock man, FE of 12 should be among the best on T-BHP as far as I remember, I get around 10.5-11 but because I am driving carefully due to run in period constraints. Do you avoid peak hour traffic?
Old 17th September 2010, 11:18   #471
Senior - BHPian

As I alreay written in my threads that I have been also getting in the range of 11/12kmpl and around 14 on highways (with 100pct A/c).
But I have noticed that the FE will come down when pushing the car speed in excess of 90kmph. 70/80kmph is the ideal speed to achieve best FE (in my experience)!

+
@krish3 - what is the amount paid for the insurance??
Old 17th September 2010, 12:14   #472
BHPian

I would be handing over the cheque to the BA guy today afternoon for an amount Rs 16228 where they have put the IDV of the car 573507.

20% no claim bonus is all they have given.

This is the first renewal as I move toward completeing a year of being the owner of my Fiesta (feels nice to write the line)

Am I paying too much?
Old 17th September 2010, 13:00   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
I would be handing over the cheque to the BA guy today afternoon for an amount Rs 16228 where they have put the IDV of the car 573507.

20% no claim bonus is all they have given.

This is the first renewal as I move toward completeing a year of being the owner of my Fiesta (feels nice to write the line)

Am I paying too much?
+
I have already written above the amount I paid yesterday to National Insurance i.e Rs.12,750/- for idv value Rs.575,000.

In the meantime, I just recieved a call from BA advising the premium amount as Rs.14,738 (for same idv as you got). However the amount of
Rs. 16,228/- quoted by BA to you seems very high ()even comparing the amount given by BA people in my area??
Old 17th September 2010, 13:28   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
I have already written above the amount I paid yesterday to National Insurance i.e Rs.12,750/- for idv value Rs.575,000.

In the meantime, I just recieved a call from BA advising the premium amount as Rs.14,738 (for same idv as you got). However the amount of
Rs. 16,228/- quoted by BA to you seems very high ()even comparing the amount given by BA people in my area??
Nairsaab- Just spoke to BA guys telling them that they taking me for a ride (which I was already thinking about and your details just confirmed it)

They say that BA cannot quote to you Rs.14,738 and get the renewal done in that amount. They vouched that if someone has got a renewal for that amount they need (from their management) to know why ME (their customer) cant get it.

My renewal is due today (please dont scold me about being to late to discuss this ) still not sure what to do.
Old 17th September 2010, 13:33   #475
BHPian

Quote:
My renewal is due today (please dont scold me about being to late to discuss this ) still not sure what to do.
That's one primary reason...they know in the last hour your bargaining chips are down!! Is'nt there any grace period for renewals??
Old 17th September 2010, 14:02   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nairsaab- Just spoke to BA guys telling them that they taking me for a ride (which I was already thinking about and your details just confirmed it)

They say that BA cannot quote to you Rs.14,738 and get the renewal done in that amount. They vouched that if someone has got a renewal for that amount they need (from their management) to know why ME (their customer) cant get it.

+
Your agent cannot deny what other agents are quoting. Ask them what is the NCB they are giving. My original insurance amount was 17666 and after 20% ncb they quoted me Rs.14738 as new premium. Whereas from National Insurance I got further 15% discount and the idv is rounded off to Rs.575,000. And National Insurance giving coverage for passengers
also (besides coverage for owner/driver),.
I think you agent is trying to make some money knowing that your due date is today.!
Old 17th September 2010, 14:05   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
That's one primary reason...they know in the last hour your bargaining chips are down!! Is'nt there any grace period for renewals??
+
one can do the insurance even after existing one is expired. Only head-ache is that the car has to be taken to the insurance company and show to them. Also the risk of driving the car without insurance till you get the new one..
Old 17th September 2010, 14:10   #478
BHPian

The insurance premium for my Fiesta (TDCi ZXi) was Rs 10,019/- for an IDV of Rs 6,00,000/- from Reliance General Insurance which includes no claim bonus.

We also tried outside and never got such a low quote, so finally went through the Kairali Ford guys.

Note-: for my Getz, I paid Rs 10,017/- as premium for an IDV of Rs 4,27,000/-. I had a claim as well.

Last edited by krish3 : 17th September 2010 at 14:11.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:22   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
The insurance premium for my Fiesta (TDCi ZXi) was Rs 10,019/- for an IDV of Rs 6,00,000/- from Reliance General Insurance which includes no claim bonus.

We also tried outside and never got such a low quote, so finally went through the Kairali Ford guys.

Note-: for my Getz, I paid Rs 10,017/- as premium for an IDV of Rs 4,27,000/-. I had a claim as well.
Whoa, krish. Thats something different than the quote I got from Reliance general Ins. Actually when I was entering the details of my car on the website, for Thane registered, Oct 2009 car it showed showroom price of 8,64,535 and IDV of 6,69,378. Later when I edited the IDV to 564000 the premium calculated was 11740/-.

Actually this Insurance thing is giving me headachesn with too many choices rather making my job easy. Fortunately I have 35 days more to break my head before I come to conclusion.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:23   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
....Do you avoid peak hour traffic?
Peak hour traffic is only once a while, usual drives are mostly on weekends that allow an average speed of 70 to 100 kmph. But peak or off-peak, touching the 5th gear is very rare within the city, unless its before 7am or after 11pm. I try my best to avoid frequent gear changes and sudden braking.

Quote:
.....They say that BA cannot quote to you Rs.14,738 and get the renewal done in that amount....My renewal is due today ...
I dont know why you need to depend on the agent for such things. Log on to ICICI lombard and check your best lowest quote, I am sure it might be in the similar figures of what Nairji got. You can renew and print your new policy within 15 mts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks