Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 19:47   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Mayukh, thanks for the good heart, on a serious note, can I have the validity of invitation for 1 year ? I always wanted to visit Kolkatta where lot of sharp brains exist (writers, poets, visionaries etc.)
Calcutta is a great place to sack out. I have spent some there and have some great memories.

Quote:
I think we have some members in the manufacturing plant itself, they could throw some technical knowledge here. Kiku are you there ? Kiku please respond to this within 24 hours or I will have to request the mods to ban you here !
Kiku works in the IT dept. He will probably be as clueless as us when it comes to the internals of the car. lol Now Mustang.101 may be able to shed some light if decides to visit this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
OK, now the million dollar question..are u guys planning to empty the tank fully before filling up the BS IV fuel from 1st April. I am afraid a BS III/IV cocktail may give my Fiesta a high & hangover!!
Nope. Never ever let the tank run dry. It can lead to unpleasant consequences. I think a couple of cycles of System G should take care of any hiccups. I am yet to buy that concoction though.

Quote:
Is it applicable only in Chennai ? I havent heard anyone talking about such a thing here. May be nobody gives any importance ! So whats this BSIV fuel actually ? More kerosene added ?
Nope, applicable in Bangalore as well. And it's gonna cost some 40p more apparently.

Last edited by Gilead : 26th March 2010 at 19:48.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:28   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I think a couple of cycles of System G should take care of any hiccups. I am yet to buy that concoction though.
Good you mentioned the word 'SystemG', thank you for that. It may sound very funny but the truth is; I bought systemG 4 months back and used it only at one tank-fill and totally forgot about it being in the bag thats permanently kept in the car boot. I filled 20 ltrs 3 days back and now I can restart pouring the systemG again. Hope its not evaporated and gone ! Need to check.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:53   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Calcutta is a great place to sack out. I have spent some there and have some great memories.
You bet...no place like Cal when get together (addabaazi) is concerned.

Quote:
Kiku works in the IT dept. He will probably be as clueless as us when it comes to the internals of the car. lol Now Mustang.101 may be able to shed some light if decides to visit this thread.
Mustang should be able to tell about the "floater" device and Kiku can pitch in with the DTE part..I think.

Quote:
Nope. Never ever let the tank run dry. It can lead to unpleasant consequences. I think a couple of cycles of System G should take care of any hiccups. I am yet to buy that concoction though.
Well by dry I meant, till the DTE shows 10 or so! In case you need SystemG let me know..have found out a place in Royapettah where they stock the same..purchased 3 bottles during my Cal trip.

Quote:
Nope, applicable in Bangalore as well. And it's gonna cost some 40p more apparently.
Shaju seems to be in home>car>office>car>home mode...11 cities are in the loop. Apparently the only difference is low sulphur content in the new fuel. Thinking of taking a PUC this week and then try out another PUC with the new fuel to check if it actually makes a difference or all this is plain hogwash.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:49   #379
Senior - BHPian

Sanju, you are mistaken, I am in the home>car>home mode as I work from home. Car mode is mostly weekends, rarely weekdays only if there is a shopping or family needs. I have around 20 ltrs in the tank which might last me upto the mid of April, so cant do anything with the emptying old and refilling new fuel process. Will wait for your valuable and scientific reports.
Old 27th March 2010, 08:25   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys I work for the IT so I'm clueless about the technicals of the Fiesta. I wish I find someone soon to route my questions Until then it's gotta be the Mustang!

DTE - This is not good for health for petrol fiesta owners. Please ignore this damn thing. This is a hearburn device esp if you happen to read full tank DTE values of 650+ Kms for the diesel.
Old 27th March 2010, 09:33   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Sanju, you are mistaken, I am in the home>car>home mode as I work from home.
Oh! I forgot! You had mentioned it somewhere earlier. We are in the same boat then.
Old 27th March 2010, 10:19   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sanju, you are mistaken, I am in the home>car>home mode as I work from home. Car mode is mostly weekends, rarely weekdays only if there is a shopping or family needs. I have around 20 ltrs in the tank which might last me upto the mid of April, so cant do anything with the emptying old and refilling new fuel process. Will wait for your valuable and scientific reports.
+
Why dont you put it like this:
Home>fiesta>home>--- (somthing missing here)

I too are in the same category!

BTW, Unni, with his new job, seems very very busy and nothing heard from him about his weekend drive on his fiesta?

Shaju -regarding the bulb change, you said (in the other thread) that
phillips rally 100/80 is preferred. ?
Are you using same brand and how is it ?
Old 27th March 2010, 10:42   #383
BHPian

Is the Tyre Pressure Gauge accurate

Hi Sirji
I saw your tyre pressure gauge and was surprised to find that it's the same model that I am going to buy. Can you please share as to whether it is accurate enough. Have you cross-checked reading with some other gauge?
Also, is there any loss in pressure while measuring, like some air leaking out?

This is the model I shall order-
$7.81 Free Ship Solar Power Tire Pressure Digita LCD Gauge - Wholesale US$7.17

P.S. The cost here is much less than what you paid.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 27th March 2010 at 10:46.
Old 27th March 2010, 10:53   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Hi Sirji
I saw your tyre pressure gauge and was surprised to find that it's the same model that I am going to buy. Can you please share as to whether it is accurate enough. Have you cross-checked reading with some other gauge?
Also, is there any loss in pressure while measuring, like some air leaking out?

This is the model I shall order-
$7.81 Free Ship Solar Power Tire Pressure Digita LCD Gauge - Wholesale US$7.17

P.S. The cost here is much less than what you paid.

++
Yes, I checked twice and the reading in this device as well as with the air pressure gauge in the nearby tyre shop also was same.

Loss in pressure while checking air - No,not at all if you hold it correctly.
even otherwise the loss will be very very minimal -dont worry.

Yes the price may be higher because those people might have also bought it from sources like above and added their profit margin etc..?
Old 28th March 2010, 12:13   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Shaju -regarding the bulb change, you said (in the other thread) that phillips rally 100/80 is preferred. ?Are you using same brand and how is it ?
Yes sir, I use the same since 5 months and I find it perfectly ok for my driving style. Highways are well lit up in highbeam so there is an added confidence. And the best part is the cost, I paid a total of 780 for 1 pair of H1 and 1 pair of H7.
Old 28th March 2010, 12:23   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir, I use the same since 5 months and I find it perfectly ok for my driving style. Highways are well lit up in highbeam so there is an added confidence. And the best part is the cost, I paid a total of 780 for 1 pair of H1 and 1 pair of H7.
+
Feel, I will also go for this bulb change as stock head light seems ordinary for highway drive.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:19   #387
BHPian

Dear All, was missing in action over last few days, and now that I am back, am quite happy to note that though many Fiestas took a hit, literally, but all izz well that ends well

As update from my end, my search for the Fiesta ended couple of weeks back. But there are many slips between the lip and the cup. In my case, it happens to be lack of a Residence Proof. I am an IT gypsy, and just moved from Kolkata ( amar shonar kolkata ! ) to Mumbai ( amchi mumbai ! ) . Consequently, my response was a big NO to availability of a ration card / telephone bill / electricity bill / passport / voter ID card. As you can guess, the solution proposed was the NAP / WAP form, and payment of an extra 6K

As a BHP-ian, that was enough to trigger search of similar threads, and related web sites. Quite funnily, the "residence proof" link on the Navi Mumbai RTO site is also broken ( or non existent ). I am not about to pay an extra 6K for anything which may be legally wrong ( unless I can find ample proof ) or is exploiting a loophole ( into which I may fall some time soon ). So over last couple of weeks, I have taken definitive steps to get an acceptable genuine address proof, and things would move ahead, hopefully, at a brisk pace pretty soon.

Till further updates then, so long and thanks for all the...help!
Old 30th March 2010, 09:40   #388
Senior - BHPian

They used to accept LIC Policy as one of the address proof - is it not acceptable now?
Old 30th March 2010, 10:44   #389
BHPian

For RTO registration, I submitted LIC policy only. Initially, the dealer agent called me from the RTO office that LIC is not accepted..I rushed to the RTO office with other address proofs but on reaching there the guy claimed the regn has been completed with LIC proof itself.
Old 30th March 2010, 11:23   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
They used to accept LIC Policy as one of the address proof - is it not acceptable now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
For RTO registration, I submitted LIC policy only.
LIC policy also has a previous address. I never thought I would have to rejig my investment portfolio to get a car

I have a question, not sure about correct forum. Pls advise, the question is given below for reference:

Question : Till what time can the car company ( manufacturer ) increase the car prices, citing reasons such as Euro IV, inputs costs etc ? Is it when the car leaves the facory, or reaches the dealer, or when it is finally registered in customer name ?

For example, if a car is booked in January / February, and the wait period is 4 to 8 weeks, including time taken to register in customer's name, can the manufacturer pass on any price hikes to the customer, during this period, using any reasons it wants ? This means, theoretically, that the manufacturer has hedged itself against price escalation for the entire wait period, while this wait period itself is created by the manufacturer not being able to meet customer demands. So

I believe once the car has left factory gates, there should not be any 'input cost' related hikes. Only statutory, government mandated hikes like sales tax withdrawal should be applicable. As another example, most cars in cities moving to EURO IV are actually being manufactured right now, in transit, or already in dealers' stockyards. Is it fair to increase their prices on April 1, citing these new norms ?

We have had 3 rounds of hike this year already and I believe there is a potential to milk the customers here. Unless someone could kindly explain the 'scientific' way to computing price hikes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks