Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 09:26   #301
Senior - BHPian

I have no idea about the corporate discount matters , but I think this should be on ex show room price?.
however for insurance, the amount should not be more than rs.18000 (first of all it is free offer from FORD). so if the guy is asking rs.28154/- he already adding some of the freeby costs on it (more than rs.10000, he is pocketing straight away.
as others suggested you can email FORD directly and ask how much coporate discount you are eligible and then rest of the things negotiate with the dealer?
Old 18th March 2010, 09:59   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_s80 View Post
Mayukh Da ! Thanks for responding

The offer says very clearly, that discounts will be adjusted in insurance, registration and ex showroom. So guess a smaller discount amount may be applicable if I do not take the insurance from dealer. The agony is, that this is a zero sum game, and what I may gain on taking the insurance from outside, may be same as what I lose out from the 'discount' head

That said, I would try to have the discount counted on ex showroom, as you said, since this is a FORD offer. Maybe I should write to them directly and confirm on the corporate discount policy ? I doubt they would respond..

I read ruchirtnt's post, and it seems that he got a corp discount of 80000 but only a key chain and 5 lt petrol . Could you please list what all you could manage over and above the corporate discount ? Would help set expectations
I had a talk with Ruchir few days back about his corporate discount. 80 K discount is the total discount he manually calculated between the OTR market price at that time (actual ex-showroom+ inflated insurance,etc) & the actual price in which he got the car.

If I calculate in the same way, my figure will touch likewise (64 K ex-showroom disc + 11 K saving in insurance + etc + etc).

Just try to know first: The corp. discount for you is on ex-showroom or on OTR?? I am 95 % sure that corp. discount (it is by the company only, not by dealer) is given only on ex-showroom (only FORD controls the ex-showroom price..right?). Then the OTR finally depends on the dealer & the state where it is bought.

As far as the freebies are concerned, I managed few of them from dealer. Reasons can be many:
1. They procured the free stuffs from the margin money (around 6 K) they took as part of the regn+road tax amount.
2. Dealership was only 3 months old. So they tried to woo me.
3. I bought a Dec, 09 model in Jan, 2010. So they were trying to clear backlogs.

But one thing they said - corporate disc amt varies depending on the month (more in a year end) & the listed companies (mine is a A listed one in FORDs corp list).

I hope all this helps.
Old 18th March 2010, 10:01   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a few bouners today, bringing to your notice:

1: One of the dealers is offering a 60K corp discount, but no free insurance. I was under impression that free Insurance is FORD offer, and is applicable on all deal types. I hope ruchirtnt is reading this post...

2: In this case, insurance would be charged @ approx INR 28,154 and a part of the discount will be 'adjusted' under this head. Hence, I think, that if I take the insurance from outside, then my offer for 60K discount will be reduced. Catch 22 Situation.

3: I was given the gyan that white, black and silver are running colours, so are most easily sold off, when the time comes. The same cannot be said of others ( such as my chosen Sea Grey). Request Team's opinions and advise. FYI, I intend to keep this car for 5 yrs + or for about 1.5L km.
Knock 60K off the ex show room price. That will reduce your road tax too. Then buy insurance separately for ~18K. After that try bargaining for some freebies like mats. I doubt if you would get paint protection and other expensive freebies after getting a 60K discount.

Email Ford and find out what's the corp discount applicable for your company. Ultimately you will end up paying somewhere or the other. Dealers are not all that dumb and know the game well.

Don't settle for the colors that they are trying to shove down your throat. Ask them if they have a sea gray in the yard and take a look at it yourself. I have seen it in person and it's a very nice color.

Last edited by Gilead : 18th March 2010 at 10:13.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:08   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I have no idea about the corporate discount matters , but I think this should be on ex show room price?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Just try to know first: The corp. discount for you is on ex-showroom or on OTR?? ... Then the OTR finally depends on the dealer & the state where it is bought.
I hope all this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Email Ford and find out what's the corp discount applicable for your company. ... Dealers are not all that dumb and know the game well.
I confess that I am quite confident going into this deal thanks, thanks to the comments here. Your inputs have inspired the Home Minister to go through the posts now !

I will get this tangle sorted out soon, and get back to the Team. And as Gilead said, dealers are not a dumb lot, so let's hope for the best
Old 18th March 2010, 15:43   #305
BHPian

Called up FORD toll free, they claim to have no info on corporate discounts. Any one on this forum from FORD who may confirm this ?

Cross checked, and they vehemently confirmed that FREE Insurance is FORD offer, and not from the dealer.

I have also sent an email to them to get both of above in writing, hope to hear back soon

Update from third dealer : His best quote is INR 20,000 worse off than second best quote. This is the same guy who either falls sick, or forgets to call me, or "goes out for some work" , and to whom I have to remind each time that I am looking for a Petrol. Nice. Ho-hum. I gave him my feedback, and bid adieu. Now it should be between two dealers.
Old 18th March 2010, 15:59   #306
Senior - BHPian

Contact Mustant 101. He may be able to provide you the contact details of the Area Sales Manager.

It is easy to drive yourself nuts trying to decide between various offers and permutations and combinations of discounts and freebies. From what you have mentioned here, 60K corp discount seems to be the best. Take that and get insurance from outside. Bargain for some minor freebies.
Old 18th March 2010, 16:24   #307
BHPian

Quote:
It is easy to drive yourself nuts trying to decide between various offers and permutations and combinations of discounts and freebies.
Truer words were never spoken!
Old 18th March 2010, 16:51   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have also sent an email to them to get both of above in writing, hope to hear back soon
since you have already sent email to Ford, hope they will respond to you soon! Then you can get clarify matters with them.
Old 18th March 2010, 18:44   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Truer words were never spoken!
Seriously, I am living through it now !

My last car was decided based on my Mom ( Senior Citizen ) feeling comfortable with back seat support, ingress and egress. We knew the dealer and the RTO processes. Only cut a cheque and came back !

Comparing two corporate discounts I have now, per line item ( I knocked the third guy off, as per earlier post ) ( as soon as I post, formatting will go for a toss )

Ex Showroom 731968 677546
Depot Charges 2000 2000
Insurance 28154 26740
Standard Accessories 3000 0
Registration Charges 56738 53628
Discount 63000 0
OTR 758860 759914

As advised, I would bargain to take Insurance from outside while keeping the discount intact. Maybe I could buy that lottey ticket then
Old 18th March 2010, 20:32   #310
BHPian

Abhi, your bidding/due diligence process is now complete and IMO, 2nd guy seems the way to go (though the OTR is >1K). You can save around 7-8K on the insurance if you take from outside. Finally, you can do some tradeoff with the 2nd guy for some accessories in lieu of 2000 depot charges.

Factor in the time wasted (money wasted ) doing the research and being none the wiser;-} in your overall calculation.

Enjoy your ownership..hoping to see your thread soon! Best of luck.

PS: Lot of chatter regarding Fiesta 2011 being launced sometime during this year itself.
Old 18th March 2010, 22:13   #311
BHPian

Abhi, which color you booked (Or going to booked)? As far as Sea Grey is concerned Ford has issue with producing the car in this color! I have booked Fiesta SXI in same color on Feb 20th. I will only get after April 18th! If you are booking car in this color check twice!

The reason for non-availability car in this color is (as told to me by Regional Sales Manager-South Ford India), their paint supplier could not supply this color from last week of Feb (or supplied paint quality is not as per Ford standard). Hence Ford is not taking any booking (or fulfill orders) for this color in any of their cars (Fiesta, Ikon or Figo). It is true at least in Bangalore (I checked with both Metro and Lathangi). Is it true also in other city? Fellow TeamBhpian your help is required in this.

I am not sure if this is the real reason. It may be because they have excess Fiesta (BS III) in silver, black; hence asking everyone to choose those colors. One of the reason ford is offering free insurance may be to clear existing stocks! Considering RSM called me in-person and discussed in detail (about an 1 hour), I wouldn't rule out the reason. Can anyone cross verify this?

I have decided to wait for same color, since I have seen Fiesta in Mondus Silver (Looks awesome with sunfilm, my friend has it), Chill (another firend has it), Black, Paprika Red, White and Sea Grey (all parked in my office parking). Out of all I liked Sea Grey Most. Hence the wait.

But here is the Catch! The price is going to rise from April 1st due to BS IV engines (1~2%), plus 2% increase from Karnataka Govt (VAT+Road tax). Still I think its okay, because engine is anyway refined further! Do anyone think I doing wrong here? Please advice.

Abhi, Good luck with your bookings and happy driving!

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th March 2010, 00:11   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
The reason for non-availability car in this color is (as told to me by Regional Sales Manager-South Ford India), their paint supplier could not supply this color from last week of Feb (or supplied paint quality is not as per Ford standard). Hence Ford is not taking any booking (or fulfill orders) for this color in any of their cars (Fiesta, Ikon or Figo). It is true at least in Bangalore (I checked with both Metro and Lathangi). Is it true also in other city? Fellow TeamBhpian your help is required in this.
Mustang101 confirmed in the Figo thread that there is no issue with Sea Grey.
It is true that it is a slow moving color so the dealer will try and push the existing colors that are standing in his yard.

Quote:
I am not sure if this is the real reason. It may be because they have excess Fiesta (BS III) in silver, black; hence asking everyone to choose those colors. One of the reason ford is offering free insurance may be to clear existing stocks! Considering RSM called me in-person and discussed in detail (about an 1 hour), I wouldn't rule out the reason. Can anyone cross verify this?
Free insurance has been available on the Fiesta for donkeys years now. When Ford wants to clear stocks, they give discounts on top of the free insurance like they did in Dec 2009.
Old 19th March 2010, 00:13   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Abhi, which color you booked (Or going to booked)? As far as Sea Grey is concerned Ford has issue with producing the car in this color!
Abhi, Good luck with your bookings and happy driving!

Thanks in advance.
Just when I was going to take Sanjayc's advise, and close the deal, these new facts.

FYI, I have not heard this from any of the dealers here. I know for a fact that a Sea Grey delivery happened in early March. That guy also had to wait for one month though, and I will check and get back if I have some information

@Sanjayc - I know that 2011 Fiesta is likely to happen sooner or later. Being a 'latest' model, it will be out of my budget ( limit of 7.5 L), Home Minister would not agree to an expensive hatchback (which is what I like more as compared to sedan version ) and we need a car asap ( I am into Green, but miss my long drives). Hence, this decision.

It would be a heart burn, lot of depreciation suddenly, but I have made up my mind to live with it. As I said, I intend to keep the car 5 to 7 years if I can help it. So a lot of us Fiesta owners ( such as all those who took the latest Dec offer ) would be in same boat

BTW, I am guessing you are from IT industry
Old 19th March 2010, 07:15   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Mustang101 confirmed in the Figo thread that there is no issue with Sea Grey.
It is true that it is a slow moving color so the dealer will try and push the existing colors that are standing in his yard.
Is it possible that these Figo are produced in Feb, hence available? Anyone know about Fiesta? The last batch of sea greys delivered in March First week in Lathangi ford , Bangalore. There are at least 5 bookings not fulfilled till now (including mine).

Quote:
Free insurance has been available on the Fiesta for donkeys years now. When Ford wants to clear stocks, they give discounts on top of the free insurance like they did in Dec 2009.
Between anyone got free insurance with Corporate discount/Supplier pricing booking? I am told the free insurance doesn't applies to Corporate discount/Supplier pricing and Limited edition bookings.
Old 19th March 2010, 10:42   #315
Senior - BHPian

I too heard that free insurance offer was not there with corporate discount, but it doesnt means that you have to pay exhorbitant rate to your dealer for Insurance. Corporate discount is given by FORD, so you can take insurance on your own and no need to accept dealers pressure tactics. It is simple that they are offering some freebies which they want to recover hence quoting high rate for the insurance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks