Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:54   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Did your SA mention anything about an ECU software update during the first service?
Just spoke to my SA at CF..seems he has no clue about it. He kept on repeating that "please bring the vehicle, we will check the VIN, if it has got some issues, we will upgrade the software free of cost" - seems to be an amateur. Anyway, will talk to the Manager once I go there on Fri/Sat for the decklid handle replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsachin21 View Post
No complaints from the car for continuous running and no complains from me I didn't felt tired at all. The highway from Jaipur to Udaipur is simply fantastic, a must self drive.
Avg/highest speed? Current ODO?

EDIT: Post removed..using contact form for contacting Mods instead.

Last edited by sanjayc : 3rd February 2010 at 16:07.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:04   #197
Senior - BHPian

Guys, use the Contact form to write to the Mods about the Fiesta thread. I plan to do the same. Let's not muddy Nairsaab's ownership thread or it might get closed too.

EDIT: This is the Contact form. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sendmessage.php

Last edited by Gilead : 3rd February 2010 at 16:07.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:05   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Do update how your car behaved during the Chennai trip. It is after all the first loooong drive.
+
You asked this question few days back before I commence the chennai trip.
Now I am back from the trip (on 26th Jan), I can reply to your question.

The trip was wonderful in total.
1500kms to & fro. 725 kms onward drive and 775kms return drive - return route taken via sultan battery which is about 40kms more than the kutta-mysore route.

The entire drive was very pleasant and enjoyable. No problem whatsoever from my Fiesta. occassionaly (especially the krishnagiri/chennai roads), the speedo was touching 150kmph - the result because of this high speed is low FE-only 13/13.5kmpl.
On my earlier drive to Guruvaur, I was maintaining a speed between 80 to 100kmph and I got the FE of 15/15.5kmpl.
Lesson learned = High speed costs more money (more fuel bill)
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:34   #199
Senior - BHPian

Nairsab, taking into consideration the closed Fiestians family thread, why dont we think about a new thread "Scattered Fiesta owners, you are here !!". It was so true that we had a common place to post, now I find members running from one individual thread to another.

Anyway, I will update my thread on the leather seat and other related things from now on.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:41   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Nairsab, taking into consideration the closed Fiestians family thread, why dont we think about a new thread "Scattered Fiesta owners, you are here !!". It was so true that we had a common place to post, now I find members running from one individual thread to another.

Anyway, I will update my thread on the leather seat and other related things from now on.
+
Why dont you or unni (or anyone else) start a Thread for Fiestans since my thread has been closed all of a sudden (was there any complaint from any members or did we make any wrong postings?) by the TEAM??
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:44   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

Nope, for leather seats there is another dedicated thread..please use search option. AFAIK, leather seats, exclusively avlbl for Fiesta is not currently present in the market.
This has made my day. Your future is secured with a backup career option as an Stand up comedian..thinking of nomintating you name in the "Your favorite stand up comedians" thread.

Seriously, off-topic, and hopefully my last on the closure subject...

Just removed my post and posted a message to moderators instead to reconsider the abrupt closure.

One good by-product of this is that everyone else's thread (fiesta owners) has suddenly started popping up from nowhere if I click the "New Post" link.

All said and done, yes, I agree, with a heavy heart though, we should stick to the topic and not consider wives/pets etc as part of family while discussing about our vehicle. Will search for a dedicated thread for such irrelevant stuff. Provide me a link if you come across any.

Quote:
Why dont you or unni (or anyone else) start a Thread for Fiestans since my thread has been closed all of a sudden (was there any complaint from any members or did we make any wrong postings?) by the TEAM??
No way I can think of any complaints. Maybe the post about the scratch and my reply to the same was the last straw..since there is a scratch related dedicated thread and the question should have been put up there.

Last edited by sanjayc : 3rd February 2010 at 16:51.
Old 3rd February 2010, 21:24   #202
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay, dont worry, we will do our best to bring 'My new black Ford Fiesta' thread to a closure stage soon.

About posting leather seat related things in my fiesta thread, I have no harm in doing that, because that thread is all about what I do on my fiesta right from booking to long term ownership, as I believe ! But if we talk about wives, girlfriends and such things, offcourse I stand at the edge !!

What you said is true, all the heavy-hearted Fiestians (sob sob sob) are desperately searching their sleeping threads and bringing it back to life. Now the issue is: "We had only one hospital to serve as a doctor cum nurse, now we have to run around 15 hospitals".
Old 4th February 2010, 10:17   #203
Senior - BHPian

@shaju
you are correct. Now one has to search here and there to get some information.
The other thread was more useful for new car buyers and they can get all informations from one single thread which is not possible now?
Old 4th February 2010, 14:40   #204
Senior - BHPian

My Black beauty with Body Cover

I just got the delivery of the Body cover and two collapsible sun shade
(free gift)

Body cover -Total cost Rs.849 including shipping charges (I paid Rs.806.55
with the ebay discount voucher)

My new black Ford Fiesta-car-cover-001.jpg

My new black Ford Fiesta-car-cover-002.jpg

My new black Ford Fiesta-car-cover-004.jpg

My new black Ford Fiesta-car-cover-005.jpg

My new black Ford Fiesta-car-cover-006.jpg

Sun Shade (two numbers)

My new black Ford Fiesta-car-cover-003.jpg
Old 4th February 2010, 14:47   #205
Senior - BHPian

Nairsaab, you already appear to have covered parking, so why put a cover on top? The cover will scratch the paint and since yours is black, they will show up quite clearly. I would avoid covers on any car unless it's baking in the sun or standing un-used for a while, and even then I would be very careful when putting it on and removing it.

What did you do to the antenna on the roof?

Last edited by Gilead : 4th February 2010 at 14:48.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:29   #206
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I agree I have a covered parking!
I dont use the car daily (I take the car out only for family purpose or long drive).
Construction work going on in the next plot so plenty of dust flying all over my place which makes a thick layer on the car daily so decided to cover her.
Also since I am not using it on daily , no need to take out and cover the car
frequently, so anticipate less damage to the paint?
Antenna is there inside-same position but little lowered and it is under the cover now!
Old 4th February 2010, 15:37   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
You asked this question few days back before I commence the chennai trip.
Now I am back from the trip (on 26th Jan), I can reply to your question.

The trip was wonderful in total.
1500kms to & fro. 725 kms onward drive and 775kms return drive - return route taken via sultan battery which is about 40kms more than the kutta-mysore route.

The entire drive was very pleasant and enjoyable. No problem whatsoever from my Fiesta. occassionaly (especially the krishnagiri/chennai roads), the speedo was touching 150kmph - the result because of this high speed is low FE-only 13/13.5kmpl.
On my earlier drive to Guruvaur, I was maintaining a speed between 80 to 100kmph and I got the FE of 15/15.5kmpl.
Lesson learned = High speed costs more money (more fuel bill)
Great to know that the trip went well. The Krishnagiri - Chennai 4lane is really good. With the drive you did, 13-13.5kmpl is a pretty decent number.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:09   #208
Senior - BHPian

@unni
Thanks
Next, planning a drive on my Fiesta to Trivandrum to meet my relatives.
This trip, my wife will accompany which I will drive the full distance both ways
hence I plan to have a break in between. What do you think where can I break the
journey -Thrissur or Alappuzha?
Old 5th February 2010, 13:09   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Body cover -Total cost Rs.849 including shipping charges
From the sticker, I feel its the same cover what I bought from bigbazar for Rs.700. It only has the fiesta sticker inside. Even mine is a covered parking, but lot of dust around the area, couldnt see the car getting bathed in dust. I always make sure the car is very clean (jopasu is used) before putting the cover.
Old 5th February 2010, 13:22   #210
Senior - BHPian

@shaju

yes may be same stuff
I got it at rs.806 (after adjusting the discount voucher). But I got two window sun shades as a 'gift' - How much worth it is I dont know?
There is a belt like thing (in the same material ) in the middle bottom of the cover which can be hooked to the other side (through under the car). So the cover is safe against heavy wind flow!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks