Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 10:54   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Vehicle mfgr's cannot get into the business of making pillows and covers!
That is correct. But my Ford pillows have a Ford logo on them. All that mayukh wants is some indication that Ford is indeed associated with the car cover that he bought.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:17   #227
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Ford is manufacturing all these accessories.
Some other companies are manufacturing those items and put the LOGO of Ford?
Old 11th February 2010, 11:22   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I dont think Ford is manufacturing all these accessories.
Some other companies are manufacturing those items and put the LOGO of Ford?
Definitely. Half the car is made by vendors. But there are genuine ones and fake ones as well.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:34   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
That is correct. But my Ford pillows have a Ford logo on them. All that mayukh wants is some indication that Ford is indeed associated with the car cover that he bought.
You are very true Gilead.

I do not expect FORD to make these things. But when you are promoting something as original FORD accessory, it should have some logo (as a proof of ownership to it). Just like the original floor mats, pillows, neck rests, etc come.

Neither the website nor the FORD customer care could give me any hint. Sadly, all are referring to contact the dealer only.

BTW, the cover seems to be good. I have to depend on it as my car remains parked in the sun/rain all the time.
Old 11th February 2010, 12:17   #230
Senior - BHPian

Normally most of the car covers remain soft for few months.
Continous use (kept under the sun/snow/rain etc and dust accumulation) makes the cover more rough thereby causing minor scratches on the body?
No solution to this, unless keep changing the cover once you feel the cover become rough/stiff condition?
Old 11th February 2010, 13:02   #231
BHPian

Fe

Hey guys,

my car's completed 2K kms on the odo. was trying to work out the FE after the last fueling. i am getting around 8.5 kpml for 100% city driving. i feel this is bit low.

am not sure whether i am driving it properly, esp on the RPM. i keep the RPMs between 2K-3K. is this appropriate or should it be lower. a friend in office told me that it should be between 1K - 2K

your thoughts friends?

thanks
Ashish
Old 11th February 2010, 13:16   #232
Senior - BHPian

@ashish
Yes 8.5kmpl seems very low.
Ford recommends to maintain the RPM between 1500-1800 !
Hope you using the A/C with re-circulation mode?
if such low mileage continues, you report this to the service people when go for
next service
Old 11th February 2010, 13:19   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Hey guys,

my car's completed 2K kms on the odo. was trying to work out the FE after the last fueling. i am getting around 8.5 kpml for 100% city driving. i feel this is bit low.

am not sure whether i am driving it properly, esp on the RPM. i keep the RPMs between 2K-3K. is this appropriate or should it be lower. a friend in office told me that it should be between 1K - 2K

your thoughts friends?

thanks
Ashish
Hey, this is too low a figure. I was thinking no matter how you drive 9-10 for S and 10-11 for SXi is a given thing?

2000-2200 rpm seems what is recommended, but I may need to cross-check this.

Are u refuelling at the same place or different places? Normal or Premium? Mornings or Evenings? All short trips (<5Kms) or meidum/long trips?

Last edited by sanjayc : 11th February 2010 at 13:21.
Old 11th February 2010, 13:30   #234
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, i went for Car cover from the aftermarket and rest i bought from the Ford showroom only, as even they are not manufacturing it but the vendor selection --> Product test --> quality verification have been xrayed by FORD only and for that only they charge extra money (sometimes very extra) from the customers.
Old 11th February 2010, 13:38   #235
BHPian

If Ford would have put the Ford logo on the cover, it would have cost 4000 bucks and not 2000/-..so be happy;-} But IIRC, since I have hardly used the cover, not sure about the logo, but did not the cover for the cover had the Ford logo somewhere? However, good that you mentioned this point, I am going to put a Ford sticker on the cover, when the "resale" time comes.
Old 11th February 2010, 14:16   #236
BHPian

@ niarrk

i feel driving at 1500-1800 RPM is really difficult. A slight foot on the accelerator, and car is zooming at 2.5K RPM

Yes, A/c is in re-circulation mode.

i dont know whats wrong. am planning to visit the service center this weeked

@ sanjayc

i have an sxi. i refuel at the same place when in mumbai. car is mainly driven in city. outstantion trips are limited. once a month to pune.

yes, my home to office distance is 5-6 kms. but how does this matter?

Thanks
Ashish
Old 11th February 2010, 14:23   #237
Senior - BHPian

@ashish

Yes, true it is not possible to control the rpm in 1500-1800 but this is the one of recommendation level from the Ford for achieving good FE.
(another one is that ''Remove the foot from the clutch pedel after changing gears and also avoid half clutch driving!)

Anyway, better to discuss this with the service centre.
Old 11th February 2010, 14:40   #238
Senior - BHPian

the ford people recommended me to change the gear utmost by 2000 rpm and try not to exceed it beyond that (atleast till the first service)
Old 11th February 2010, 15:11   #239
BHPian

Quote:
This is the culprit..I assume you drive in the morning to office and come back in eve covering a total distance of appx 15Kms. Before the engine reaches it optimum operating point you are already parking the vehicle. Frequent cold engine starts/stops will gobble up fuel like anything.. I myself have driven hardly 200Kms in the last 2-3 weeks and notice FE as around 10 for appx 8 Kms drive every day, that to appx 4 kms in no-traffic situation (dropping kids at school in the morning).

Before going to service center and allow them to tamper around, when you drive to Pune next time (it should be up/down 400K easily, am i right?), do the FE calculation and check..if it is somewhere around 13, you are fine.

Regarding all the advise for maintaining rpm/clutch etc, it may be possible to do in cochin/kanpur;-} not in Mumbai/Chennai! Considering your distance travelled and Mumbai traffic, IMO, you are just doing fine..of course experiment with the suggestions given above, and see if the difference made is good enough to get bogged down in perfect/scientific driving or enjoy the music while driving!

Last edited by sanjayc : 11th February 2010 at 15:16.
Old 11th February 2010, 15:20   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

The most likely culprit is tire pressure. When was the last time that you checked it? My mileage dropped briefly to under 9 once, but I had not checked the tires in a while. The pressure was 26. Got it back to 30 and the mileage went up too. How heavy is the traffic in your place? If your car does an hour and a half of bumper to bumper traffic everyday, the mileage could drop below 9 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@ashish
Yes 8.5kmpl seems very low.
Ford recommends to maintain the RPM between 1500-1800 !
Not humanly possible to keep revs between 1500-1800. lol ACI report said that the S gives better mileage the harder you rev it. Not sure how true that is though.

Quote:
i dont know whats wrong. am planning to visit the service center this weeked

@ sanjayc

i have an sxi. i refuel at the same place when in mumbai. car is mainly driven in city. outstantion trips are limited. once a month to pune.

Check tires before going to the service center. You never know what they might do to your car at the service center. I think A.S.S centres are good only if you specifically tell them what to do and what not to do. If you give them an open ended challenge like 'check my mileage', god knows how many areas they might tinker with looking for the solution.

And driving just 5-6 kms actually matters too. Cars tend to give mileage on the lower side when driven for short distances only. I drive my 800 exclusively for short distance trips. The mileage is only 10.5. Previously it used to give 13 or so when I used it for my regular office commute.

Last edited by Gilead : 11th February 2010 at 15:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks