Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 13:36   #181
Senior - BHPian

NOt always, but few occassions I had to park under the sun (in the noon time),
but nothing happened to my CD's.
Plastic cover or plastic cards can get damaged in heat however the cd sunvisor is made in nylon material hence I feel some protection is there. But I dont know what will happen if you are parking the car daily under the sun throughout the day ?
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:41   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
NOt always, but few occassions I had to park under the sun (in the noon time),
but nothing happened to my CD's.
Plastic cover or plastic cards can get damaged in heat however the cd sunvisor is made in nylon material hence I feel some protection is there. But I dont know what will happen if you are parking the car daily under the sun throughout the day ?
Well, the card am referring to got damages after few days of parking the car in Delhi's summer heat during the month of May/June, when the heat is at it's peak here. So am not sure if the CDs can withstand the heat, if parked out in open for long stretches during summers, whether in a case or not.
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:55   #183
Senior - BHPian

Yes, there are possibilities that CD's may get damaged in such circumstances.
And the CD visor is going be to in contact with the roof which means it will have the impact of direct heat from the Sun.
So, think twice before going for this product!
Old 18th January 2010, 15:11   #184
BHPian

Do update how your car behaved during the Chennai trip. It is after all the first loooong drive.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:59   #185
Senior - BHPian

I had to postpone the trip (the guy I had to meet has gone to Indonesia for some
urgent meeting). Re-planning for this week end. I also need to go to
Trivandrum so I am in a mess where to go first?

In the meantime, I got my Navigator repaired from MMI (total repair cost i.e replacement of LCD screen RS.1500, of which the dealer paid Rs.750 and balance from my side.I agreed for this kind of settlement inorder to get the device repaired up at an early date instead of keep fighting with them for long) and now it is working
fine.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:43   #186
BHPian

Congrats on your MMI navigation system repair... Hoping to see some pics of the same in actual working condition, i.e. actual road test and its detailed review.

Will also give me some idea of how MMI works. Am planning to buy their maps for my GPS phone in future.

Cheers!
Old 18th January 2010, 16:54   #187
BHPian

Quote:
I had to postpone the trip (the guy I had to meet has gone to Indonesia for some
urgent meeting). Re-planning for this week end. I also need to go to
Trivandrum so I am in a mess where to go first?
See if you can tie up. Kannur - Trivandrum - Chennai or Chennai - Trivandrum - Kannur. That'd be ideal.

Quote:
In the meantime, I got my Navigator repaired from MMI (total repair cost i.e replacement of LCD screen RS.1500, of which the dealer paid Rs.750 and balance from my side.I agreed for this kind of settlement inorder to get the device repaired up at an early date instead of keep fighting with them for long) and now it is working
fine.
Good to know that the navigator issue is sorted out. But, for no fault of yours, you had to end up shelling out money. Like you mentioned, atleast its sorted out now and you can start using it.
Old 18th January 2010, 17:07   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infallible79 View Post
Congrats on your MMI navigation system repair... Hoping to see some pics of the same in actual working condition, i.e. actual road test and its detailed review.

Will also give me some idea of how MMI works. Am planning to buy their maps for my GPS phone in future.

Cheers!
++
You will find more information about gps in the other thread 'satguide vs mapmyindia' and also varous other postings related to gps on phone etc. (Thread heading -''Gadgets,Computers & Softwares'')

Last edited by nairrk : 18th January 2010 at 17:09. Reason: correction
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:38   #189
Senior - BHPian

@shajufx

It seems our popular thread ''all fiesta owners-you are here'' has been CLOSED by the Support Team !!

+
Refer your last regading seat cover - I bought it from Ford Dealer and the cost was
Rs 10,300/- all inclusive.
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:15   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@shajufx

It seems our popular thread ''all fiesta owners-you are here'' has been CLOSED by the Support Team !!
Well, it was bound to happen. Discussions on maps, GPS devices and ICE should not have been encouraged on that thread. Now where do we hang out?

Did your SA mention anything about an ECU software update during the first service?
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:37   #191
BHPian

Guys... just back from a trip to Udaipur. Drove nearly non-stop for the entire stretch from Noida to Udaipur, spanning around 10 1/2 hrs while going and over 12 hours while returning (thanks to the fog) covering a distance of 700 kms one way.

No complaints from the car for continuous running and no complains from me I didn't felt tired at all. The highway from Jaipur to Udaipur is simply fantastic, a must self drive.
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:41   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsachin21 View Post
Guys... just back from a trip to Udaipur. Drove nearly non-stop for the entire stretch from Noida to Udaipur, spanning around 10 1/2 hrs while going and over 12 hours while returning (thanks to the fog) covering a distance of 700 kms one way.

No complaints from the car for continuous running and no complains from me I didn't felt tired at all. The highway from Jaipur to Udaipur is simply fantastic, a must self drive.
+
What was the FE you got in this long stretch?
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:08   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Well, it was bound to happen. Discussions on maps, GPS devices and ICE should not have been encouraged on that thread. Now where do we hang out?

Did your SA mention anything about an ECU software update during the first service?
Quote:
Now that's really unfair. Having a thread about a particular brand and not discussing everything related to it cannot be thought of. Ofcourse sometimes we went overboard by discussing about families, trips etc but that should have been warned by the Moderators at that instant to avoid a sudden closure of the thread. I was following the thread very religiously. Its a pity that it had to come to such an end. request the Moderators to re-open the thread and keep a strict watch at the posts if they sway from their objective
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:33   #194
BHPian

Quote:
+
What was the FE you got in this long stretch?
FE was around 13.5 kmpl.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:35   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Refer your last regading seat cover - I bought it from Ford Dealer and the cost was Rs 10,300/- all inclusive.
Thats just a slip-on cover right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Now where do we hang out?
Here or any of our individual fiesta threads.
Infact there is almost every subject under the sky discussed in the forum through different threads. So, we should use the respective threads for specific discussions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks