Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 20:43   #331
BHPian

No the bumper cost is right a few months back had inquired about it,so the tail light assembly prices will be the same I think.
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:22   #332
Senior - BHPian

@mayukh

Havent open the system yesterday.
Just read about your damage - something like this used to happen.
do not worry much about.
Yes, you can claim insurance for this damage (own damage can be claimed).
Since your insurance provider have a cashless arrangement with FORD, you just take the car to the ford workshop and rest they will do/explain how to go etc!

Last edited by nairrk : 22nd March 2010 at 09:22. Reason: correction
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:35   #333
BHPian

Thanks all for all the help.

Today morning I took the car to Victoria FORD service center to get the damage assessed and the repiar cost. I got the vehicle inspected in 15 minutes.

As per the them:
1. Both the rear bumper & the right tail lamp assembly needs to be replaced.
2. Boot misalignment can be fixed easliy.

I tried to argue with them about the replacement of the rear bumper. As per them, cracks have developed in some places. And as it is a plastic part, it will not be possible to repair it back to 100 % new.

See below their estimates. Does it sound reasonable? Please advice.

I also calculated that if I claim insurance, I will have to pay around 4200 Rs. (50 % of parts + 1000 std deduction).
Attached Images

Old 22nd March 2010, 12:49   #334
Senior - BHPian

So you are benefiting Rs.7520 i.e 50% of spares + labour cost which will be claimed from the insurance company. I think you will not get this amount as No claim bonus incase you prefer to pay total amount by you? IMO use the insurance claim and you pay the balance amount to the workshop?
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:21   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Thanks all for all the help.

Today morning I took the car to Victoria FORD service center to get the damage assessed and the repiar cost. I got the vehicle inspected in 15 minutes.

As per the them:
1. Both the rear bumper & the right tail lamp assembly needs to be replaced.
2. Boot misalignment can be fixed easliy.

I tried to argue with them about the replacement of the rear bumper. As per them, cracks have developed in some places. And as it is a plastic part, it will not be possible to repair it back to 100 % new.

See below their estimates. Does it sound reasonable? Please advice.

I also calculated that if I claim insurance, I will have to pay around 4200 Rs. (50 % of parts + 1000 std deduction).
The estimates are within the ballpark. If there is another A.S.S in the city, you could get a quote from them for peace of mind. Claim the insurance.
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:22   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
So you are benefiting Rs.7520 i.e 50% of spares + labour cost which will be claimed from the insurance company. I think you will not get this amount as No claim bonus incase you prefer to pay total amount by you? IMO use the insurance claim and you pay the balance amount to the workshop?
Yes, Nair sir, I will be benefitting Rs 7250 from the insurance company. I will use the insurance claim as my NCB will be less than that.

So a final question to all: Does this estimate sound reasonable? Does their justification to replace the bumper seem logical?

Please confirm so that I can give it for repair today evening itself.

Yes, Gilead, there is another *** in Kolkata. It's far away from my place, that is why I am little apprehensive. I will try to get a quote though if possible.

Last edited by mayukh : 22nd March 2010 at 13:29.
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:48   #337
Senior - BHPian

@mayukh
imo, you go for new bumber as repairing such plastic related items may not hold strong as comparing with the new product. Anyway the major expense in the bumber replacement is the painting and fitting(costlier than the part) and you will get paid this amount by the insurance. So suggest go for new one and let the car looks fresh!
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:56   #338
BHPian

While the rear bumper part price look ok, the lamp cost (2868/-) is almost double compared to the brochure/comparison chart/pamphlet which Ford itself is advertising (1528/-)..Mayukh did you ask about it, why this discrepancy?

Painting/Labor cost is in line with what Gilead/Shaju had to cough up.

Best of luck. And don't forget to fix the parking sensors.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:47   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
While the rear bumper part price look ok, the lamp cost (2868/-) is almost double compared to the brochure/comparison chart/pamphlet which Ford itself is advertising (1528/-)..Mayukh did you ask about it, why this discrepancy?

Painting/Labor cost is in line with what Gilead/Shaju had to cough up.

Best of luck. And don't forget to fix the parking sensors.
Yes Sanjay. I did speak with the other service center in Kolkata (Ganges Ford) over phone. They are at least quoting the proper price of the tail lamp (1500 Rs). Rest seems more or less OK. I am going to follow up with Victoria FORD on this. Let's see what happens. If they do not budge, I may take my car to Ganges.

The only sore point of taking to Ganges is the distance of approx. 40 KM to & fro in comparison to 6 KM for Victoria.

I will let you know the update.

Note: Victoria was not very interested in giving me the full spare part list today morning.

Last edited by mayukh : 22nd March 2010 at 14:48.
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:08   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Yes Sanjay. I did speak with the other service center in Kolkata (Ganges Ford) over phone. They are at least quoting the proper price of the tail lamp (1500 Rs). Rest seems more or less OK. I am going to follow up with Victoria FORD on this. Let's see what happens. If they do not budge, I may take my car to Ganges.

The only sore point of taking to Ganges is the distance of approx. 40 KM to & fro in comparison to 6 KM for Victoria.
So pracitcally you have to drive about 34kms extra if you opt for the Ganges ford service centre- say approximately 3 litre petrol (Rs.150/-).
The difference in price between two (rs.2868-1500) will be Rs.1368/-.
still some saving?
It all depends if time permits you to drive to & fro??
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:06   #341
BHPian

Quote:
So pracitcally you have to drive about 34kms extra if you opt for the Ganges ford service centre- say approximately 3 litre petrol (Rs.150/-).
The difference in price between two (rs.2868-1500) will be Rs.1368/-.
still some saving?
It all depends if time permits you to drive to & fro??
Yes, 50 % of Rs 1368 = Rs 684 will be my hard-earned money. So my time will definitely permit to prevent such discrepancies in pricing.

What I did now:
1. I talked with one of the service managers in Victoria to quote the other dealer's price. But he confirmed that Rs 2868 is indeed the price present in their system. In no way, anyone can offer it below that. He said he had confirmed the same with Ford & even asked me to contact Ford for this.
2. I have already mailed to customer service regarding this asking about the actual price of the part & the reason for this discrepancy. Hope they get back soon.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:59   #342
Senior - BHPian

@mayukh
So, finally what decision you have taken-Work will be done with GAnges Ford or Victoria Ford?
Any response from Ford to your last mail?
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:25   #343
Senior - BHPian

Oh Mayukh, you are following me and Gilead ! Sad to see another 'body strength test' done by a fiestian. Whats happening guys, why everyone is interested in scrapes and dents all of a sudden ?

Mayukh, claim the insurance, in no way we are going to save on the NCB for bills above 10k. You have a reverse sensor too right ? Then how did this happen ? One advise from my service centre experience: Make sure to check the work before taking the delivery and confirm everything is done to perfection. I am still waiting to find free time to take back my car for a refixing of the rubber beading on the door. The feedback call was received 2 days later and I firmly said "I am not happy with the service". Nobody called after that.

Nairji, I think its a better idea to have a track of dents and scratches happening on Fiestas as a reference for everyone. It will be very handy to recognise the price variations or estimates from one place to another.

Last edited by shajufx : 23rd March 2010 at 15:26.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:35   #344
Senior - BHPian

@shaju
I think Mayukh did not fix a reverse sensor so far. Now, may go for one

The idea of tracking expenses towards the dents and cracks is good, but presently I am tied up with various things so suggest someone else take it up?
Old 24th March 2010, 13:52   #345
BHPian

Sorry for responding late. I was little busy with my work yesterday.

Quote:
@mayukh
So, finally what decision you have taken-Work will be done with GAnges Ford or Victoria Ford?
Any response from Ford to your last mail?
I actually gave my Fiesta for repair to Victoria Ford though they are currently quoting higher prices for the tail lamp.

But I have done the following things to ensure that I am not considered a fool:
1. After knowing the lower price from Ganges, I called one of my relatively known Service Managers in Victoria and told him the case. I also made him know the Ganges' price. He said that he will look into it and call me back.
After 30 minutes or so, he called me to confirm that the price indeed is 2868 Rs. The price is not manually given but in fact generated from their automated system. He even said that they cannot claim false prices after giving a properly printed estimate to the customer, as they may get into problem if a cutomer complains. Also to note, the Ganges gave the lesser quote over phone, nothing written.

2. I PMed Mustang.101 for help. He suggested me to call any independent service center in India (he referred to Bhagat Ford, Jhalandhar). I called them up and got an approximate quote of 3000 INR

3. As I said earleir, I also mailed to Ford. The customer care responded back with a concern # and a promise to revert back after hearing from both the dealers.

And I will also ensure to get the invoice properly while I take back the car so that I can shout for any malpractice later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Oh Mayukh, you are following me and Gilead ! Sad to see another 'body strength test' done by a fiestian. Whats happening guys, why everyone is interested in scrapes and dents all of a sudden ?

Mayukh, claim the insurance, in no way we are going to save on the NCB for bills above 10k. You have a reverse sensor too right ? Then how did this happen ? One advise from my service centre experience: Make sure to check the work before taking the delivery and confirm everything is done to perfection. I am still waiting to find free time to take back my car for a refixing of the rubber beading on the door. The feedback call was received 2 days later and I firmly said "I am not happy with the service". Nobody called after that.
Yes, shajufx. It was indeed a very bad day for me. As I said, I was not in a proper state of mind that day. Was thinking something else. A reverse sensor wouldn't have helped me either.

Actually, while taking out the car daily, I have to reverse at 45 deg angle & then move front in a straight line. After completing the reverse that day, I simply forgot to put it in the 1st and then stomped on the accelerator. A coconut tree was right behind the car (1-2 ft away) and the car got banged against it.

I have claimed the insurance. And as advised by sanjayc too, I will try to fix a reverse sensor ASAP.

I will definitely get the vehicle checked during return. I have already shown to them all the other things are now perfect, and told them repeatedly that I do not want any extra added problem in my car. Hope they listen.

One more thing: I hope they can paint the new bumper properly and it will look just like original. Am I right?

Quote:
The idea of tracking expenses towards the dents and cracks is good, but presently I am tied up with various things so suggest someone else take it up?
I can take this up. Please let me know the individual prices and I will try to collate. I know the prices for 2 parts - rear bumper & tail lamp assembly.

Last edited by mayukh : 24th March 2010 at 13:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks